Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyhick View Post
a skin condition called Hidradenitis suppurtiva. my family history is RIDDLED with heart problems and diabetes. So I don't need to add fuel to the genetic fire on that front either.
None of this is meant to try to change your mind about your current diet choice. I just wanted to throw this info out there in case at some point in the future it stops working for you or you actually get diabetes or something...

First, google hidradenitis supportiva and paleo and you will find that tons of people have had huge success treating it while eating mostly meat. Also, the other forum I spend a lot of time at is a diabetes forum where there are a lot of type II's and there are a horde of them who were vegetarians and have switched to low carb bc of their diabetes diagnoses. Some of them are pretty angry about the fact that they ate all low fat, no meat, lots of whole grains precisely bc they thought it would save them from things like diabetes only to find out that in fact it caused their diabetes.

Whatever diet you choose, I wish you luck!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 226 / 173 / 175

Height: 6"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyhick View Post
Shawk- though that's literally the best option I have (keeping them unavailable) I have a non-vegetarian husband.
that's understandable. a few years ago I used water as an aid to help me with cravings. it worked quite well on till the time got cold and I didnt want to drink it lol. maybe you have better luck. the way it works is whenever I am in the slightest way feeling for something I started to drink a portion of my water.
a younger and healthier version of me once fasted for 4 days fully doing this. just always keep that water close and set your plan, It usually helps if during the times I dont have much to do I reflect on my self, and my goals and plans, or whatever you wish, keeping my mind occupied would help to make the clock tik without me watching it and waiting for time to eat lol
Shawk is offline   Reply With Quote