Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #1  
Crissy

S/C/G: sw:151/cw:151/gw:105

Height: 5'3.5

Default enough is enough

You have become so sick of your habits and your pattern of living that you realize you can no longer live your life in that way. It's what alcoholics call "hitting rock bottom," or what others call "reaching the end of my rope." It's when you make your mind up that it's not too late, that you deserve more, and that you will deny yourself no longer. It's when you wipe the slate clean and are ready to start over. It's when you decide to reclaim your health and your life. This means that being overweight has taken on a special standing and urgency, lifting high above your other concerns in life. You have boldly said to yourself: "That's enough. I don't care how much it hurts to change. I don't care what I have to give up. I won't take this another second, another minute, another day of my life. I am ready." You know that your dignity and indeed your very being can take only so much, and when you reach this point, you are ready to start living strategically. You want more so you are ready to do more, and are already taking action to get it. Your old way of living is thrown off like a dirty shirt. Change will happen because you make it happen. It will happen because you know what you want and will move toward it in a committed, focused manner.

EXPECT SUCCESS
No matter where you ended up on this readiness continuum, no matter how much you weigh, no matter how disgusted you are with what you see in the mirror, now is your chance. Believe me when I tell you that it is possible, you can do it, and you are worth it. You are a person with strength, gifts, and talents, capable of achieving your greatest goals. It's like that old saying, "God don't make no junk." You have what it takes to lose weight, be healthy, and live the life you desire and deserve. Now is the time to do it. Now is the time to unlock the doors to permanent weight loss.

starting tomorrow and I'm not gonna fail!!!!!
crissyr98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Go Crissy! You can do it.

You are right that change is painful, but the good news is that over time it gets less painful! You find the things you give up are less important to you than things you will gain! You do have to take charge, YOU CAN DO IT!

Hope you are having a good day!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #3  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
"That's enough. I don't care how much it hurts to change. I don't care what I have to give up. I won't take this another second, another minute, another day of my life. I am ready." You know that your dignity and indeed your very being can take only so much, and when you reach this point, you are ready to start living strategically. You want more so you are ready to do more, and are already taking action to get it. Your old way of living is thrown off like a dirty shirt. Change will happen because you make it happen. It will happen because you know what you want and will move toward it in a committed, focused manner.

You are so right. I felt the lowest I had ever felt, alone. I had so many health problems, physically I was also missing out on life events by dragging all that extra weight around. I reached a point when I finally said if I keep eating like this I will be dead. I have to change. It was a totally life changing event. Suddenly after so many years of just disliking what I saw and accepting it I "got up" and stepped forward looking for a better me. No one else could do this for me, lose the weight. I had to do it, take control. Its scary.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote