Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 12:51 PM   #76  

http://www.beverage-digest.com/cgi-bin/converter.cgi

Try this link Holly. I didn't know so I had to look it up myself. Can you tell what subject I wasn't good in in school.

I am waiting on my mom to bring me lunch today. I hate this too. I did oder something good though.

The boss is still not here he said he would try to be here for 5. WHAT??? I wanted to workout and he is not helping me with this.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:51 PM   #77  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have been having the hardest time getting online today. I would get on and then my IP would kick out so I would have to connect again. I almost put my foot through the screen

I am making another beercan chicken for supper tonight minus the stove top stuffing because last time I was the only one who ate it and I ate too much.

Good luck getting in a workout today Kempy.

Noelle, Where are you busy girl?

Sandy, Did you leave us?

Jen, Are you back from vacation yet?

Holly, I am no good at measurements either. I usually have to look them up. Good workout girl!!

Emily, Have fun in Montana!!! We will miss you!!!

Last edited by angieME; 07-14-2003 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #78  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girlies. I did not do well this weekend which is not unusual for me. I'm just continuing on though and hoping to make this a good day then week. The site changes have thrown me for a loop. It is much brighter and cleaner looking...much more MODERN. I think I like it, now to learn to navigate the journals again.

Good job on you gals staying OP through the weekend. I think I can count on one hand the # of times I stayed OP on a weekend . OK, so it's no laughing matter but I KNOW why despite having started at around the same time, I still have a ton of weight to lose and Angie and Kempy have just a few more to go.

Holly, I just tried those smoothies last week while on vacation, not bad eh? Kinda sweet but it'll do in a pinch. I think I prefer to eat my yogurt w/a spoon though, just habit. My son likes them and that's saying alot since he's reeeeeallllllyyyy picky. Hmm, I have a 1.5L bottle of water that says it's 50 ozs....I looked it up and found 1L = 33.8 fluid ozs. Does that help? If you drink 2L of water a day you're in good shape. And speaking of shape, my hubby's only 5' 9" which is an OK match since I'm only 5'3" ... I wish I was 5' 9" then I wouldn't have to lose so much weight .

Emily hope you get rid of that cough soon!
Old 07-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #79  

Hey there chicklets,
I'm here and checking out the new site. It took a bit to understand the journals. I did comment in yours Angie, once I found it and figured out how to. It will take some getting used to I guess.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #80  

I don't think that I will be working out today either. After work I have to get my perscription and then stop by the produce stand to pick up more fruit. I can't believe I have eaten everything in the house. Yesterday I ate 1 1/2 cantalopes, a half at each meal. Isn't that weird? I just loved it so much and it was really ripe. On this plan I can have unlimited amounts of a long list of fruits and veggies so I am loading up. I have to load up with the fruit b/c of my sweet tooth. When I have that attach I can't stop it so the fruit helps.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:33 PM   #81  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default How cute!

Did ya notice when you're browsing the forums, the the EGG at the bottom of the posts indicate who's online or not--if the egg shows a yolk (like half a boiled egg) the person's online, if it's solid white, the person is not logged on. How cute is that?
Old 07-14-2003, 04:36 PM   #82  

I thought that was cute too.

When you go to the new journals how do you get back to the forum? Have any of you found that yet?
Old 07-14-2003, 08:20 PM   #83  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I couldnt figure that out either Kempy. I am not too crazy about the new journal section but I love the rest of the sight. We can post pics in our new journals though. I cant wait until I get used to the new format.

We just took the dogs for the riverwalk and I thought I was gonna pee myself and I refuse to go in the woods. I want to be a man.

I am into the sugar free pudding myself lately. I wouldnt give it a second thought though if I had bought some Blue Bunny this weekend. It is a good thing I didnt.

Noelle, Dont feel too bad about this weekend. You have lost a ton of weight and still been able to enjoy your weekends. That is a SUPER job in my book!! I am still playing around with trying to see how much I can actually eat and still lose. Maybe it will help with maintaining.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:35 AM   #84  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!! How are we all doing? Great I hope!

Kempy, Is Joe still away?

Noelle, are your parents still on vacation?

Sandy, That cake was gross. But sadly enough, I showed it to Brittany and she wants me to make her one for her birthday in October. Sick kid!!!

My morning walks are so much harder feeling lately. I walk around the block which is 1 1/2 miles each time I do it and I do it twice in the morning. Half of the walk is all up hill and that hill feels like a killer lately. I dread it when I come to the bottom every morning and then to do it twice just plain sucks.

I ate some chicken and 1 bite of brownie late last night. The scales actually showed a loss so I cant complain

I tried to post a before and after pic on my new journal but it said it was too big. I dont like change. haha
Old 07-15-2003, 10:39 AM   #85  

Hey chickies!! I did pretty good yesterday, especially seeing it was the first day of TOM. The only bad food I had were 6 white cheddar cheezits, but, no sweets, and I had a Healthy Chioce Meal for dinner while the rest of my family ate chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. I was going to have the same as my family, but when I read that 5 chicken nuggets alone had 210 calories and 6 grams of fat, I changed my mind. My whole dinner only had 250 calories and 6 grams of fat. I added some cooked winter squash, just so I wouldn't be hungry later.

So far :crossmyfingers today has been great! I got up at 5 am, blah, and did Kathy Smith's Time Saver Cardio Workout, ate a slimfast meal on the go bar for breakfeast (was running behind, and soooo wanted a McDonalds Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit, but resisted), and some applesauce. Have also drank 1 liter of water so far. I weighed myself this morning, shouldn't have bc it is TOM, but, the scale said 154.5. I'll take it. Better than 155.5!

Angie,

Great job on the loss! You have done so well. If I can lose 10 pounds I'll be ecstatic. I can't imagine doing the work you have. I have such a hard time losing weight, and get frustrated very easily.

Kempy,

Sweets is my downfall as well. I have started to eat more fruit, hoping it will calm the cravings. I ate a bag of black cherries yesterday, and today, applesauce is the choice. What kind of food plan are you on? I am not on any plan, just trying to avoid sweets, and eat less starchy foods, and I LOOOVEE potatoes. I guess that comes from being Irish .

Noelle,

Yea, the smoothies are kind of sweet, but are low in calories, and easy when on the go. Don't get discouraged, you have done a good job. I feel like the only one who can't seem to lose, and keep it off. I go from 153 to 155, up and down, up and down. Seems like moons ago I saw 140. Most of the time feel like I will never get there. Ho hum.

Thanks for the info on liters, ounces, etc.

Hello to everyone!! Here's to an OP day!!!!

Holly
Old 07-15-2003, 10:56 AM   #86  

Angry Hi!

Hi

I am new to 3FC and posted asking for suggestions on where to start and Kempyd suggested that I check Weighty Issues out. I was reading your posts and I was excited about how positive this is!

I'm GEMonster (Green eyed Monster) as my husband will call me at times - but my name is Summer, I am 26 and 5'2'':

Highest weight: 172
CW:153
GW: 127

I seem to plateau at the 150ish mark. I just wanted to say hello and take kempyd on the offer to check this thread out and be a part of something that is more than just me.

I look forward to chatting with you all.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #87  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HI GEM!!! This is a great thread. I love these girls like I have known them my whole life. I am 5'2" too. I wished I was taller so the weight wouldnt show up as easily. hehe You have done a great job losing so far. WAY TO GO!!!!

Holly, you definately arent alone at being the only one who cant keep it off. I yoyo so bad. That is why I came here so I could learn how to manage it better. I'm not sure I can but I sure can try. Everyone here has taught me that if I dont give up I eventually will figure it out.

We just took the dogs down to my FIL gravel pit to run loose. There is a mud hole full of water and they loved it. Cappie is supposed to be a runner(according to the people who dumped him at the shelter) But he came to me and everything. We havent had any problems with him as far as running since we have had him but his barking is a pain in the ***. Gotta love him though he is such a sweetiepie. I still couldnt imagine why they dumped him. He loves kids and people he just likes to bark like a madman until he gets to greet them.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:51 AM   #88  

Welcome Summer!! I think it really helps to have the great support provided on this forum, and great people!

I didn't really think about this until now, but, my youngest daughter is 2, and I weighed 180-182 the day I delivered her. So, I guess I have lost 25.5-27.5 pounds since August '02. Not sure it it really counts bc it was pregnancy weight, but, it helps me feel a little better.

Angie,

It sounds like you had fun with your dog! I can't imagine someone dumping an animal either. At this point in my life, I refuse to own a dog, I have 3 children all 6 and under, 4 if you count my husband....enough animals for me, LOL. Plus, our neighbors have this obnoxiuos dog they keep in a fence whenever it is outside, and all it does is bark, bark, bark...and the fenced in area faces my living room window. Sooo very annoying. Not just a single bark, it's a barkbarkbarkbark, barkbarkbarkbark. Our neighbors asked that we not let our children near the fence, bc the dog might bite. No fun. Believe me, I am not against dogs, just fed up with my neighbors for not taking care of theirs. I live in a mobile home park, alot of dogs bark, but, the rest do not bother me, to me, that's just their nature, but when it's 3/4 of the day, every day, until 9 or 10 pm at night, EEK.

Holly
Old 07-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #89  

Afternoon girls,

I have been checking out the site and there is more to learn. I do like some of the new smileys, and I am on my way back to the journal to try and play with that somemore.

My food today has been good, I have been cleaning stuff allday so no chance to snack on bad stuff. I got on the scales this a.m., first time in weeks and well it was not a good sight!!! So I am back!!! Numbers sure to play with the head!!! But, I need that reality to kick my butt into gear. So new site, new journal, new start...thats me...

Talk to you all soon,
Sandy
Old 07-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #90  

Summer I am glad that you dropped in. These guys are a hoot! Don't be afraid to jump in with whatever you want to say. I don't know how far back you read but we talk about eerything. I think it helps us get through this weight issue being about to talk about anything that is on or minds.

I was it was cool enough to walk Echo right now. I think neither on e of us would make it half way. This is the only bad part about living in Louisiana.

Holly weight is weight I don't care what it is. I dont seem to drop below 150 either. But I refuse to say that my6 body is comfortable there b/c I am not. I got the book Body Rx and I have been following it now for a week and 2 days. The way it is set up I will not see a significant drop in my weight numbers but I will gain strength.

Sandy are you off of work right now or are you cleaning your office. Cute little wink!

Joe is still gone but I think he will fly back in on Thursday. I am really tired of this too. I know he is too. I am living through him with food though. I make him tell me what he eats and I just drool. He always goes to really good resturants when he is out of town. Since I can't eat it I imagine. Sad huh?
Closed Thread