Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #301  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! ;wave:

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

I swear I am the only person who can do this. DH and I shared a bottle of wine, we each had an appetizer (but we shared the two, had an entree, and a dessert. Nothing else. One large off plan meal and I gain 4.4 pounds! That is ridiculous!

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 162.4
Up: 4.4 pounds

HuggerBunny Thank you for asking. Cody is doing great and shows no complications from last weekend. He is scheduled to have labs again in a couple weeks. We want to make sure there is not some unknown problem from the toxin.

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #302  

Height: 5'9"

Had a minor NSV ~ DH is away, and both sons had their activities. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to everyone, one son had his first basketball practice! With over an hour of driving staring me in the face, I could have easily ordered a pizza. Instead, I sped home, threw the marinated chicken on the skillet, threw rice in a pot, steamed some spinach... And stayed on plan!! Boys came home to a warm meal instead of stone cold pizza!

Breakfast ~ Scrambled Eggs and Coffee

Planned Lunch ~ Avocados and Tomato with drizzle of olive oil

Planned Snack ~ Found a recipe for cashew cookies! (if you can believe it LOL)

Planned Dinner ~ Church Night Surprise ~ No sugar or carbs for me though!

Last edited by Inkrid; 11-20-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #303  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

first snow of the winter last night! got a couple inches and we're expecting 10-18 MORE inches of snow before the weekend....this should be interesting lol...

and my friend went into labor last night and should have had baby Nova by now!!!

i suppose i should buy some boots today lol....i've been getting by with my old running shoes, which are mostly mesh on top plus they have holes in the sides where the plastic part is old....and at 6 degrees outside those make my feet really darn cold....and they won't work in the snow so...i suppose i'm going to the store today
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Diana It can be so frustrating when the scale fluctuates so much. Are you sodium sensitive? I think I am but I do love salty snacks.

I received my pathology report and all the surgeon did was simply verify I had cancer of the thyroid which was removed. There were to spots of cancer but they are gone.
I see an endocrinologist on December 9 and the will take blood work and look at my results to determine if I need radioactive iodine therapy or just monitoring with ultrasound and blood work. I am feeling better meaning I have more energy. I was tired for about a month post surgery. I wanted to go to the pool today but I am not up for the transit trip. I am going to try a DVD shortly. I want to get it done before DH gets home from work. I have plans for pool days tomorrow and Friday morning.

Food wise I am on track. I am within points. I am getting bored with my protein choices.

Have a good day everyone.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #305  
Trying to live below 200

Novangel Thank you. I hope your TTOM symptoms are starting to subside for you.

Fluffypuppy Good job tweaking your plan so it works better for you.

Alaskanlaughter Don't let the scale mess with you. It can be really tough sometimes. Have a great day and I hope you can find the boots you need!

Inkrid Great job on the home cooked meal.

Pluckypear I'm glad everything went well with your follow up with the Dr.

I think I know the reason that I have such a significant gain when I eat an off plan meal. A little history on me: When I first started my most recent weight loss journey I started off with grilled protein and veggies. We eat out a lot and I didn't specify no seasonings, etc. When I thought I had the food allergy, I started ordering my food grilled and steamed plain, no butter, oil or seasoning. Even though I eat out, I'm not getting much sodium since everything is cooked plain. I have even transitioned at home that I do not buy anything that has msg or contains "yeast extract", or any other additives. So, when I have an off plan meal out it really shocks my system. I have even gotten away from eating at the Japanese place one a month like we used to do. I have eaten at Panda Express and didn't react too badly. I think that's because I was able to look at their online calculator and make better choices. I really think my body isn't used to the extra sodium and additives and when I do eat them it really reacts in a bad way. That's the only think I can figure. I don't think I even ate enough excess calories to even gain 1 pound not to mention 4+ pounds.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #306  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi chicks! another day...another dollar...yada yada yada

Diana - believe me, Thai food does the same to me. It's the MSG or sodium or whatever other enhancers they may use. It happens to me, too, I know I told you that already though it will come off! don't fret

There are more things I wanted to say to more people, but when I am typing in advanced so I can use the animations I can't see the posts and I forget THAT easily! my brain is overworked!

B - trader joes high fiber cereal w/unsweetened almond milk
S - steamed broccoli with quinoa
L - white albacore tuna w/lite mayo
D - either a turkey burger or a garden burger - I have to go meet with my pastor's wife tonight to discuss how we are going to revamp our bible study.

yep, you guessed it...WINE!

I have to go to open enrollment here at work soon to see how badly obamacare is going to screw with my benefits

see ya!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #307  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

diane I'm the same way. I only eat Indian food once or twice a year for exactly that reason...

I've asked this before, and I come back to this. Why oh why do I stray, when the healthy food I prepare is so delicious?

B: cappuccino

L: homemade pumpkin bean stew, 1/2 apple, 0% Greek yogurt in blender with frozen banana

S: handful of (unsalted raw) nuts

D: portabella & shiitake mushrooms stir fried with brown rice, spinach, and cannelini beans; apple

I'm focusing on eating food with no added sugar, other than my non-negotiable cappuccino that has about a half teaspoon.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #308  
Began on 10/25/13

Newleaf, I want to try your pumpkin bean stew and your stirfry! They both sound awesome.

Inkrid, great job not ordering a pizza! Was the chicken good? Any way you'd share the cashew cookie recipe?

Diana, glad to hear the pup seems to be unaffected!
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #309  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

The higher you rise Diana, the faster you fall. That 4.4 will be gone in no time!

And my shoulders are looking great from the boxing! Thanks for asking.

Up 1.8lbs today. Wowzers.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low-calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo light. 4 olives. 1 coffee, milk, no sugar.

Lunch: Albacore tuna with garlic, mussels, salted cod, rainbow trout, cod liver, 10 anchovies, argula, seaweed, red onion, sweet corn, black beans, lentils, spinach, hemp seed, 4 olives, kimchi, pickled garlic, spicy hummus, asparagus and spinach cheese dip, french onion dip, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, blackberries, beets, brussel spouts.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight lifting before work. Ran 10k before lunch.

I have the most mad day tomorrow. I do not think I will survive.

In the morning, I have boxing.

Before lunch weight training.

A Thanksgiving Pot Luck lunch with wine.

A happy hour in the early afternoon.

And then I am going on a "hash" run at the invitation of a colleague. It will be full of twenty-somethings running a mostly unmarked trail and drinking beer at the end. Nuts. But I'm game. I think.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #310  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggerBunny View Post
Novangel, I'm interested in trying the 30 Day Shred!
Do it!!! Highly recommend.

Diana, no way did you have a real gain of 4 pounds. I'm sure it's water.

I planned to go to the gym but my BF couldn't watch my son so I did 30DS again. I'll get there tomorrow.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #311  
Warrior Princess

Wanted to add that I only eat asian on rare occasion for the same reason and I'm too stubborn to order without MSG.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening!

Food Journal

Starbucks fruit/cheese bistro box - 12 pts
2 coffee with cream-2

leftover halibut-2.5
olive oil-1
brussel sprouts, 1 onion
lime pickle-1

starbucks greek yoghurt (ate the granola bit but not the bottom honey bit)-5

cabbage
olive oil-1
shrimp 2 ounces-2
roasted red potatos-6
olive oil-1

1 apple
1 banana
coconut fat-1
butter-2

I stayed within my points. I exercised to a 50 minute low impact aerobics video.

I am really missing having tea, I have to pick some up soon. My DH works part-time at Starbucks and often does the closing shift meaning he brings home goodies. We worked out that he does not bring home sweets other then yogurt and he will bring bistro boxes and sandwiches. I give plenty away but I do still find it hard not to eat the sandwiches. I am okay with one once in awhile but sadly I could make it a daily habit.

Alaskanlaughter Did you get your boots? What are they like? I hope we don't have snow for awhile but I do like it for Christmas. Alaska is one of the places I would like to visit one day in the states.

Syckgirlsfv Your food sounds delicious and nutritious. I have to get more quinoa soon.

Good night.

Last edited by pluckypear; 11-20-2013 at 09:22 PM.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #313  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Pretty good day today, DH and I split a bottle of wine with dinner, so we'll see how that plays out, did an extra 10 mins. on the bike and did a hill program, so hope that burned off the wine. Otherwise OP, missing my outside walk at work, so need to make some adjustment for the winter.

Newleaf I'd love to try your stew and stir fry and always want some of Ian's lunch

B - multigrain Cheerios, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, banana
L - spring mix, Italian, salsa, avocado
S - clementines, planters nutrition pack
D - asiago/spinach chicken sausage roasted with carrots, broccoli and garlic (Riesling)

1.5 mile walk at work
40 mins on recumbent bike, cross training program

Diana & Alaskan, my scale story this a.m. I somehow forgot what I weighed, I knew it was 163 something so I went back in and weighed again, like 5 mins later, 168.5, I was stunned, of course I weighed again a couple more times, 163.3 just like the first time, it reminded me of one time on my old scale (digital) it showed me at twice my weight, no kidding, twice my weight, it was the weirdest thing, a couple days later it froze up and I took it back to the store, imagine if I kept that thing...lol

Ian - your day sounds like great fun, I'd need a few days off after to recover!!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #314  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Feeling good about being back on plan today. I will really need to think about how I am going to deal with going out of town at Christmas. We will be gone for a while. Previous years, I did well and came back with less than a 10 pound gain and most of that was water. I was able to eat how I wanted and the gain was not bad. I have really changed my off plan eating compared to what it was when I first got to my goal weight. I am trying to keep things more in moderation than I did in the past.

Syckgirlsfv Do you have someone there who has a clue about the new healthcare mess? I haven't even attempted to figure it out yet. We are on a small group plan, 2 people. Our monthly payment is $3100 right now. We have wonderful coverage and need it because of DH, but it is killing us. We have to sacrifice in order to make that payment. In fact I had really considered not getting another dog because of how high our health insurance is.

Newleaf Good job on your day. Keep working on things. I love my foods but still want to eat off plan, etc. When I do, I am so miserable. I know this but still do it.

HuggerBunny I hope your day was a good one.

Ian Enjoy the pot luck and the run. I hope it's all gone by Thanksgiving! Here we go again, LOL. I figured you could see the boxing paying off. I like boxing and especially kickboxing because it is a full body workout.

Novangel All of the sodium, MSG, and additives are evil! Great job on modifying your plan to still get a workout in.

Pluckypear Good job on your day. Those goodies are hard to resist.

Kelijpa That would be awful for the scale to weigh you twice what you weigh. Good idea to return that thing. Good job on your day. DH and I had Moscato last night and when we went out for his birthday. We like the sweeter wines.

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #315  

Height: 5'9"

Pizza Fail
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote