Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 01:15 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #358

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME
Old 06-29-2003, 01:18 PM   #2  

Sunday is Soup and Salad Sunday... does anyone have any good spinach recipes???
DARk green veggies are suppose to be best... I can use all the help I can get.
Spinach , brocolli , hmmm any other dark green veggies.
Green beans are least nutrtional value so I am trying to work better veggies in. Thanks
Old 06-29-2003, 02:58 PM   #3  

Welcome back, 2Cute! I am glad to hear that your father's service went well and that your daughter was mistaken for you! What a compliment, eh?

Sandy (and everyone else who is curious): My WLS general consultation date has been moved from August 25 at 1:00PM to August 18 at 4:20 pm ! So far, counting the two pounds I have lost as of today (TOM is over and so is the excess water ), I've dropped a total of 41 pounds since March 1. I have an appointment with my PCP for my three month checkup on Wednesday (July 2), and I think he is going to be doing as much of a happy dance as I am! My goal is to break 300 even by the time I go for my consultation with the surgeon on August 18--look at it this way, that is ten more pounds to go as of right now!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday--good day for another walk around the neighborhood!
Old 06-29-2003, 04:11 PM   #4  

Default WW Popcorn Recipe

Hiya Chickies!

Finally got the popcorn recipe for WW from Mom. Haven't tried it myself but here goes -

3 tablespoons popcorn
1 brown paper bag
Pam/cooking spray
flavoring: Molly McButter, Ranch, Onion Powder, etc. (Your Choice)

Put the popcorn in the bag and microwave it until popping stops. Don't add anything at that time...think water in kernals themselves will make it pop.

Once done spray it with Pam and add whatever you want to flavor it with. Don't remember the points value but I think it's REALLY low.

2Cute - Welcome Back! Don't think your daughter should worry....I was confused with my Mom when I was 15 and she was 45....heard "I don't know how she does it"....didn't like the idea that they thought I'd had 6 kids. Geez! Now people think I'm her older sister.

Not much to say today. Brother is hanging over my shoulder buggin me! Grrrrrrrr.........think I'm going to bean him with a stale little Debbie missile!

Bye All!

Deb
Old 06-29-2003, 04:35 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hey there ladies!

Here is the email that I said I would share with you:

Quote:
> Hi, Tina...

You remember when we met in Bristol last year and Ron took a picture of us? Remember, I was too embarrassed by the way I looked to let you post the picture on the Internet, and I told you that when we met again I wasn't gonna look like that? Well, I don't. I look worse. I have had a year of one crisis after another, and I have let myself get bigger and bigger. I feel awful! I have watched with a great deal of pride in you as the pictures you have posted have shown a thinner and thinner Tina...and I have wanted more than once to tell you how much I admire you for your accomplishments. Every time I see a new,
thinner picture it reminds me of my vow to lose the weight that is so unhealthy on me...and how I have failed to do so. Now I am wondering, what have you been doing to accomplish so much? Are you on any special diet, or are you just being strong and not eating as much and exercising more? You have become an
inspiration, and I would really like to know what the key to your success is.

Keep up the good work! I really am proud of you.

Martha
I met this sweet lady at the Bristol race last year and what a sweet email she sent me. I have to say I am feeling very strong here lately and I like it. This is my 8th day OP and I have exercised 6 days....at least 30 minutes. I've also been drinking my water. I think part of the problem I run into sometimes is that I'm not creative or imaginative enough. What I mean is: Sometimes when we're losing, we fall into the trap of staying with our "safe" foods. What I mean by that, is basically...that we get into a rut. I got into a rut of eating the same old food every single day and just got tired of it. Granola bar and apple for breakfast, soup w/ff crackers for lunch and usually some type of grilled or baked chicken, salad and vegetable for dinner. I never had any variety. I have expanded my horizons lately and am trying new things and am very pleased with it. I do have a new breakfast cereal I am trying and I hope it gives me the results I desire. I don't know if any of you read Womans World or not, but in last weeks....there was an article about women that have lost weight eating flax and soy cereal for breakfast. It told about all the healthy benefits as well giving sample menus. I went to my local Bi Lo and bought some and I might add, it is VERY tasty. It really fills you up and each one cup serving has 10 grams of fiber!

It was nice to have a "day out" with my friend yesterday...we should definitely do it more often.

Me, dh and the boys are going to the drive in tonight. Sunday nights are very cool because it is only 6.00 a carload! I guess because so many people have to work on Monday, so Sunday is not the "big" day to go. Now that I'm off on Sundays and Mondays and dh doesn't have to work till 1:00pm on Mondays (second shift) we'll probably go on Sundays from now on. Well, at least through the summer anyways...before the kids go back to school. We are seeing Finding Nemo and Bruce Almighty tonight. I can't wait!

Have a lovely Sunday my buddies and I will see you sometime tomorrow!

2cute: Glad you're back sweetie. Remember, I'm always here for you.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:03 PM   #6  

Hi guys.... had to straighten up a misconception.
My daughter does not look like me NOW... she looks like what I looked like at age 23. Trust me.... I don't look young... nor does she look old. LOL No one will mistake her for me NOW. LOL

Had a busy and a lazy day today. Did absolutely nothing until afternoon.. then spent 3 hours throwing away CRAP again.
Hubby is calling for me to come sit with him... gotta run. I got caught sneaking in here. LOL
Old 06-29-2003, 07:52 PM   #7  

Hey chicks,
Had to peek in and say hello to everyone and welcome 2cute back.

Everyone says I look just like my mom did at my age too, so scarey....lol....and they say my daughter looks like I did at her age. So guess you know the 3 of us are related. Guess it could put some of our older relatives in a time warp...Funny how that will happen in families.

Tina: Have a wonderful time at the movies, wish it were me, we don't have any drive-ins left here in Maine? Guess they thought they were not making enough money. I don't think we have had one since the early 80's. Thats a sad thing, cause I would love for my kids to go to one.

Talk to you all tomorrow,
Sandy
Old 06-29-2003, 08:41 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Just popping in to say goodnight! I too had a lazy day and a busy day...this morning I slept till 830 which is a treat for me...Andrew slept till 930! I read the paper, did the puzzles, then got Andrew some breakfast...I had some toast. Then around 1230 I finally got us washed up and dressed. We went to the mall, my sister gave me a $50 gift certificate to lane bryant so I got some tops and a light blue cotton eyelet night gown. Then in the food court I ordered two slices of cheese pizza, I had them cut them in half since they were sooo big and Andrew wouldn't be able to handle it...he was getting fussy and I was getting sick to my stomach! Instead of running the rest of our errands we came home and layed on the bed, he watched the wiggles and I slept. I woke up at 430 with a headache and still sick to my stomach...I went back to sleep..he kept putting in more wiggles videos...I'm going to have nightmares of the wiggles tonight. Then at about 620 I woke up to this ice cold yogurt in my hand...I guess he was hungry for dinner! I got up then and gave him a spoon and some milk and made him some dinner which he didn't eat...he ate the whole yogurt. Anyways....John is still at work so I figure I better get something done so I set the alarm for the morning, made the bed, made lunches, did the dishes in the sink, folded a load of clothes and put them away, put away a basket that was already folded, threw in a load of wash, picked up some of the living room, emptied the trash, gave the boy a bath and had a shower. Now I am on my way back to bed...I am wiped out!

Geeesh....did I just babble or what??

2Cute glad to see you back...sometimes we just need a lazy day!

Tina I love drive ins...I don't think there is any around here anymore...I know there is still one left in Rhode Island...

Hi Sandy! I looked like my mom when she was my age when I was yonger too...did that make sense? One time I went to Pittsburg for the family reunion and I took my aunt up to the post office and this lady came running to the car yelling Emily Emily! That's my mom! Scary huh?? LOL

OK you all...I have to run...I don't ever mean to ignore anyone when I post but sometimes I can only sit here so long! Have a great day and I'll catch you all tomorrow!

Love you all! Michelle
Old 06-29-2003, 08:50 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Just popping in to say HELLO! I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday. Sounds like there were all kinds of activities going on this weekend.

DH and I went grocery shopping tonight and bought all kinds of veggies to grill out for dinner. We got everything cut up and prepared, went to the grill and....Poof! No gas in the tank. It figures!!! So, I stuck everything in a pan under the broiler. Still turned out yummy. Dessert was Angel Food cake w/ strawberries and low-fat whip cream Yummy.

I also prepared the next couple days of lunches and snacks. If I plan ahead I do much better. I am really hoping for a good, healthy and active week!

It's later than I thought so I am off to do a few things and get to bed! See you tomorrow!
Barb
Old 06-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #10  

Default Happy Sunday Night

Just got back from a 3 mile walk. It is so nice tonight. A guy did stop and say, "hey cutie want a ride". It was my brother!!!!! Maybe next time!!!!! Keep the vibes coming - just remember to exclude relatives.

Does anyone hate counting and recording food as much as me?

Anyone got something for "Motivational Monday" for THAT one?
Old 06-29-2003, 10:38 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Well Ladies I'm just Stressed Out Tonight

So, on top of all the other things going on-meaning my hubby's truck breaking in Laramie, and then his other truck breaking on Friday, tonight the guy who he has been working for called and said he didn't need him to work anymore. That's it, no warning, just done. He worked out there about two weeks and this guy said this job would last all summer. I could scream. We were just starting to get caught up on things and then once again the rug is ripped out from under us. The whole problem here is the guy is a drunk. I hate alcoholics, especially when they think they are hiding the fact that they are intoxicated. Now thanks to some drunk I don't really know how we are going to make rent or anything else. This messes up all our plans in such a major way.

Oh well, I just have to find peace about the situation. I know the Lord will take care of us, and it isn't for me to question how that is going to happen. I just had to vent. I hate this feeling. My whole body is tight with tension. We were going to BBQ for dinner, but now my hubby has gone off somewhere and I don't think that is going to happen. I'm just doing all I can to not eat because of the stress. So far so good. Well, thanks all for hearing me out. I love ya. See you all tomorrow when maybe I'll have more of an idea of what is going to happen.

Old 06-30-2003, 01:52 AM   #12  
A Work In Progress

Hi guys! I really am going to start posting again but I have had a bad weekend. On Friday, I got a call that my uncle was in the hospital in Asheville NC and was not expected to live. I left for Asheville right away. I did get to talk to him when I got there and he did recognize me even if only for a minute. Anyway DH and I stayed over Friday night with my sister and her family at a hotel. We got a call at 4:00 in the morning that they were putting him on a ventilator long enough for the family to say good bye because he was getting worse. He had congestive heart failure. My heart broke when I saw him again that morning. His kidneys had shut down and he did not know that he was in the world. I cried and cried. Anyway he passed away and now I am back home. I have not felt very good today but I wanted to let you guys know that I am not gone again. I will be back.

Hugs,
Tracy
Old 06-30-2003, 02:00 AM   #13  

Amanda.... my heart goes out to you. {{{ HUGS }}} Life just isn't fair somedays. Grrrrr I pray your husband will find an even better job soon.

Lucky... it is soooooooo good to see you again.

Barb... planning ahead is truly a big plus for SUCCESS while losing weight. When I plan ahead I do much much better.

Michelle... sounds like your day was as busy as mine.
We both deserve a short break to post here.

Sandy... they closed our drive in too.
They have one in the next town... but GRAVEL instead of grass.
Our old local drive in was the BEST !!!! I sure do miss it.

Tina... you know what they say.... "Variety is the spice of life"
Mix up that food plan and see if that helps.

Okay... that is everyone on this thread and I was gone tooooo longgggg to try and play catch up. I hope every one has a wonderful Monday !!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:58 AM   #14  

Amanda: Like 2cute said, life just isn't fair sometimes. I hope hubby got home and blew off his steam and you got to talk last night. I know sometimes they just need to go think for a bit without us around. Hugs to you....

Tracy: I'm sorry about your uncle. I'm glad you made it to see him and got to say your good-byes though. Hang in there, each day gets easier. We are here for you {{{Hugs}}}
Old 06-30-2003, 07:53 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello to all of you

Tracy: Sorry about your uncle

2cute glad to see you back

The weekend went pretty well , I shopped for food. Last night I cooked some Talipia on the Forman grill , I did a rice side for hubby and cooked peas and squash for me and son and had fresh tomaotes and cucumbers.
I have just finished my coffee and need to eat breakfast and get ready for work.

Hope all of you have a great day. Catch you later
Closed Thread