Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 10:08 AM   #16  
BELIEVE!

hmmmm....I posted earlier this morning and the post fairy seems to have zapped my message away.

Anyway, the jist of it was:

Amanda & Tracy - Sending out big HUGS to you for the difficult times you are both encountering. I wish there was something comforting I could say to make it better, just know that I am here to listen (read) whenever you need to vent. Wishing you both a brighter day!

I got up early today and got 25 minutes in on the treadmill. This week's off to a good start. Now just to keep it up for the week!!!

Well, I have to get some work done! I'll check back in at lunchtime!
Barb
Old 06-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #17  

Hello ladies!!

Hello to all the newbies! I've been around here for a couple of years now, but tend to slack of on posting for months at a time.

So for all you "old-timers" on this thread, I just wanted to catch you up real quick. If you remeber, I was seriously looking into gastric bypass surgery because I felt like I was at the point where I was going to use the last resort. Well, I flew back to Idaho from Germany on May 20th. I have been an absolute flurry of appointments since then and now all of a sudden POW!! I'm having the surgery tomorrow! Wow huh??? I'm soooo ready to do this. I am kind of nervous. I'm ready to get it over with though and get healed so I can go home. I love 'em, but my family is making me NUTS !! Anyhoo, guess that's about it for now. I have lots to do to prep for my trip to the hospital tomorrow. I'll try to get my lazy butt back on here and post as soon as I can after the surgery.

Talk at ya'll later,
Jen
Old 06-30-2003, 01:03 PM   #18  

Hi gang! Just checking in!

Amanda and Tracy: My condolences to both of you for the difficult times you are facing Remember, if nothing else, we are here for you. Life tends to stink sometimes, but as my friend Marie tells me, "you get through by getting through." You are in my prayers.

Jen!!! Welcome back to the board!

Hmmm....where is everyone else today? Hopefully doing lots of activity and staying OP, of course! Here's to all of us having a good day today!
Old 06-30-2003, 01:47 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Good Afternoon All!
I was hoping to visit our thread over lunch and have lots to read. Where is everyone? Whatever you are doing, I hope you're all having a great day!

Jen - Best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow. Check in as soon as you can and let us know how you are doing.

Tina - What a wonderful e-mail you received!!! Isn't it a great feeling to inspire someone else? Way to go! And good job staying OP lately and getting the exercise in. I do believe you have gotten your groove back!

Back to work I go....have a great day!
Barb
Old 06-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down Well Ladies I feel More Sane today

As many of you know my hubby runs his own business, it is just that we were counting on this job through the summer. Anyway, he has gotten quite a few calls today and I think it will work out okay. I hope so anyway. He got a new business idea today and some ideas as to how to get $ help making his business work. Thanks everyone for listening to me and giving me lots of virtual It really did help me out. I don't have much time right now, but I wanted to let you know how things are going. Talk to all of you soon.

Old 06-30-2003, 02:49 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Hi Amanda - So happy to hear that things are looking up today!
Old 06-30-2003, 03:31 PM   #22  

Hi chickadees!!

Just wanted to say hi - I've got to do something else on the computer so I can't stay long.

I'm really tense today and I'm trying to stay in control. This morning did not go as planned (Mon is my grocery day and I didn't get to go). Took the car in for a rotation and balance which took a little over an hour, then they tell me i've got problems with a couple of tires (they were wobbly on the inside tread). Anyway, this place says the belts are separating. So I went to the other place that carries the brand of tires on my car since I have a warranty on them and they tell me the tires are cupped and I probably have an alignment problem. My car only has about 22,000 miles on it. So Thurs I'm going to the dealer (my car is leased) and see what they say. GRRRR. I swear that this is the LAST vehicle I am leasing - they can either sell it to me or sell me another one. I am really tired of leasing - sure it's nice to get a new car/truck ever couple of years, but it is stressful having to take care of them - you can't get dents, scratches or tears and if you do you are responsible for the repairs and you don't get that money back. I leased a truck a few years ago and had to replace two tires. I didn't get to keep the tires when I returned the truck, so I was out that money. I have already paid about $500 in body repairs on this car. If any of your DHs could advise me I'd sure appreciate it.

I'll try to get back in here tonight - I'm anticipating a busy night at work.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:58 PM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Hey all.... I wish they had a smiley with a limp because that is how I'm feeling today. Maybe this one will do.... That's kinda how I feel today....like a snail or a slug. I have a fibroid (whatever the heck that is) I think it is a cyst or something like that on your ovaries and it is giving me heck today. I'm very irritable and very tired. We didn't get back from the drive in till around 1:00am and I sat on the computer for awhile, did 3 miles of WATP and probably didn't hit the bed till around 6:00am. Then, I had to meet my granny in town at the vet's at 11:00, which I had calculated getting up at around 10:00 to throw myself together, which still would have only given me around 4 hours sleep. I did not however, calculate getting woken up NUMEROUS times by morons calling my house. Dh's friend from work called 4 times between 8am and 10am. My Mom called 3 times. FIL called twice. Telemarketer called once. Needless to say, even my four hour plan of sleep didn't work. So now, I have been on the phone arguing with my Mom for the last hour and a half and I have just about had it!! I am turning the ringer off and going to bed.

See you guys later. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:12 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Hi all...I haven't had time to read, let alone post...I know life will be back to normal (if you can call it that!) on Wednesday. Welllllll...actually then we'll be gearing up for the graduation party on Saturday, then getting son off the camp on Sunday...then starting to think about gathering stuff for vacation on the 19th...(and a possible road trip that week to meet a certain you know who!) After vaca, we'll be concentrating on shopping and gathering stuff for the dorm and getting our girlie off to school Aug 22...then it will be back to school shopping for sonny...WHEW!

See ya'll in September!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

I was kidding, of course.............
Old 06-30-2003, 08:48 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! WOW! What a busy week! YIKES!

The theatre was ok, very dead. Honey saw The Hulk last week. Said it was pretty stupid. Said they could have cut out about an hour of it and it would have been better. Very slow.

I sat in for most of From Justin to Kelly. All you American Idol fans, that's the one with the winners Justin and Kelly in it. Sure looked like a very long music video to me. Not Rodgers and Hammerstein by any means!

Also got a chance to see Charlie's Angels. This movie took extreme and unbelieveable to the MAX!!! I give it 1 star!

Guess I'm not a big fan of the movies lately. I will be at the preview of Terminator 3 tomorrow night. I liked the first two, so hopefully this one will be good. Haven't gotten all my assignments for this weekend yet, but I will be doing seating capacities for Sinbad. Leagally Blonde 2 opens as well. I really liked the first one and the previews of this one look pretty good too.

I was down 3.5 pounds this week at WI (not Wisconsin)! WooHoo! I'm doing my happy dance! I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I'll take it. That's two weeks in a row showing a loss.

I stopped at Curves today as well. Those machines look mighty scary for these old bones! I was trying to strike a deal for free membership, but she said there will be a coupon out on July 15 for $74 membership (supposedly 1/2 price) and then you get the rest of July and all of August for free. I made an appointment for next Monday for a free workout session so we'll see what happens.

"The Baby" is home from NY! He is working on trying to get his car saleable. He needs to make another 4 trips or so back to NY and his car just is not up to the task. It needs several repairs before it can even be put up for sale, so "#1" son and "the baby" worked on it most of the day.

I enjoyed a bit of a sit in my secret garden this evening, at least until the sun started shining in my face on the way down. The garden is really looking nice. I convinced honey that we need to pull out two large bushes left over from our last landscaping job so I'm looking forward to that.

Amanda: Those Huevos Rancheros you make sound wonderful. I keep forgetting there are so many things you can do with eggs, and with Eggbeaters it doesn't have to be high fat or cholestrol. * Your DH losing his job is not good news. Glad to hear that things are looking up though.

Connie: My "showgirl" jobs consist of one and/or more of the following: counting people, recording trailers (previews), getting audience reactions to trailers or sneak previews, counting seats, visiting the concession stands and recording customer service issues. Hope that gives you some idea. * Before the 0% financing we leased several vehicles and never had any problems. Yes, tires needed to be replaced if we had worn them out, but dents and dings were never a problem. I even turned one in with a crack in the windshield. Never got a bill for any of it.

Barb: Your Japaneese restaurant experience sounds wonderful. I opted for Mexican on Saturday night. I got the steak fajitas and after one tortilla full I decided it would be alot healthier to just eat the sauteed onions, peppers and steak strips with a fork. It was very yummy and alot less calories and fat without the tortillas.

Mary: Have fun getting the boobies squished. I did that a few months ago, not fun!

Lucky: "use" us as much as you need to, we don't mind. I didn't mean to be "nasty", just have missed you and you did sorta just drop outta sight without so much as a 'see ya later'. Glad to have you back!

Michelle: Ok, girlfriend, you didn't elaborate on the "Now for the marriage thing...I need help with that too!" What's up, honey? You doing ok?

Tina: So what did you think of Charlie's Angels????? BTW, it sounds like you're really on a roll. Let me know how that cereal goes. I read that article myself.

Lori: Hope your kitties are enjoying their clean box and you your clean house.

Kat: Whoa! You just made this summer fly by! Back up the boat, Kat. I just got into the idea of nice weather.

JoeAnne: Glad you're back and had a great time. It's always nice when the youngsters behave themselves. It seems no matter what the age, there are so many things they COULD get into. Glad you had a nice trip.

Deb: Can't help you with the hormonal/weightloss relationship. I've been regular like clockwork my whole life. The GYN thinks I'm too old for that now. I told her maybe she should discuss that with Mother Nature, because I'm sure not getting through to her! I've told her time and again that I don't need that function anymore and she just won't listen to me. Thanks for posting the popcorn recipe. Now maybe I can use up that bag of regular popcorn I've had in the pantry forever.

Sandy: Sounds like you'll be spending some serious time with Solarcaine and Aloe! Hope you're feeling better. I think what it was was that we waited so long for nicer weather that when it came we figured, what the heck!

2cute: Welcome back, honey! [[[hugs]]] Hope you're getting right back in the swing of things. You've got a pretty agressive moving schedule ahead of you.

Tracy: I'm so sorry about your uncle. I was very close to my uncle and he passed a couple of years ago. It's a very hard time and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jen: OMG! That sure is a whirlwind of excitement for you! I hope all goes well with the surgery. Since you'll have to be sitting around for a bit, maybe you'll get a chance to be here more often. [[[hugs]]]

Well girls, I have a full day tomorrow. A couple of "bank jobs", lunch with the boys and then shopping for a new cell phone plan with the 'baby'. Oh and I almost forgot, I get to play in men's underwear again tomorrow (for the last time ).

The guys are waiting for me. They rented Harry Potter, the second one, so I gotta go. See you all later.

"To err is human, but when the eraser wears out ahead of the pencil, you're overdoing it." - J. Jenkins

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-30-2003 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:34 PM   #27  

I'm popping in for a quick post during my supper break. No time for individual replies, though, just want to say I'm thankful you all are here and you all are so supportive and caring. It's nice to have a place where I can vent, cry, or just share something good. You all are great.

I also want to say to Tracy I am sorry to hear about your uncle; my aunt died suddenly a couple of years ago. We all miss her so much. She loved everybody.

Okay, my break is over. I hope Tina is getting plenty of sleep; Thin - congrats on the weight loss; Amanda - glad you're day is getting better. To everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:03 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Tracey.... {{{HUGS}}} I am so sorry about your uncle. I cannot imagine how hard it must have been going back and seeing him on life support after seeing him the day before. My prayers are for your strength to deal with everything. {{{HUGS}}}

Connie.... isn't it nice to know that all of this support and caring is here for each of us. I don't know what i would do without all of you.
Thin... I don't know which to cheer for first.... weight loss , or Curves.
I am sooooooo PROUD of you. There are tons of 300+ women going in another site I read. They all seem to love it. One woman had to adapt a few exercises... but she is moving and that is what counts. WAY TO GO GIRL !!!!

Kat.... Just reading your post wore me out. LOL
I feel that swamped.... with trying to move and dad ... and now needing to go to Missouri even MORE OFTEN to help mom cope.... I am worn out before I even start. LOL

Tina... I sure hope you are sleeping and catching up on your rest.
I always get tons of phone calls the nights I stay up all night too.
If I get plenty of sleep and up early... no one calls.

Amanda... it was nice seeing ... .... in your post today.
"This too shall pass" is a motto I try to remember during hard times.

Jen... I am sorry I got in here too late to wish you luck. I have said a prayer for your quick recovery.

Barb... glad you get to sneak in while at work now and then.
Sorry there wasn't more to read.

mary... it is good to be back ... thanks.
Thin got me to try Maui Maui and my daughter got me to try Talipia... They were both pretty good. I think I like the Talipia best.
Lori... good to see you.

Okay... got to run. I did not get anything accomplished today. Grrrr
I have soo much to do... and all I did was spin my wheels.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:45 AM   #29  

Good Morning girls,

I went to the initial curves consult last night. It seems really nice. I really liked it, but I am waiting for a good coupon to come out or something. And I don't think they had air conditioning? It was so hot and muggy in there? Anyway the program itself seems excellent and I plan on doing it at a better time for me. I'll let you know. But they do do a work up on you when you are there and they tell you your body fat and all that....OMG mine was in the 40's....I was like OMG, thats 1/2 of me almost.

Tina: hope you got all caught up on your sleep. You are doing good, keep it up.

Thin: My sunburn is much better t/y I seem to have 2 colors, red or white....no tanning, I hate that. Oh well. Let me know if you squeeze a free membership out and I will try it up here...lol

I think $74 is 1/2 price, cause when they discussed plans with me, the inital fee is $149. then 29.00 a month if you let them debit your credit card or checking account. But with any specials you get it for 1/2 of the inital fee, which is a one time fee she said? I'm waiting for the next coupon or discount or whatever they will be doing.

Okay gotta run chicks,
Sandy
Old 07-01-2003, 12:06 PM   #30  
Progress..not perfection

Hey sweeties, hope you're all having a wonderful day. I caught up on my sleep as much as possible. I didn't actually fall asleep till around 4:30 yesterday and woke up around 7:30 because everytime I tossed or turned, I hurt. I am happy to report that I am feeling better today though and it is back to the old grind.

Internet time is limited today, but I will be back tonight. I did want to mention to Thin though.....the flax and soy I'm eating is awesome! I found mine at Bi Lo and it is made by Optimum and it is actually flax, soy and blueberry. Has lots of Omega 3's and things of this nature. Also has 10 grams of fiber per 1 cup serving. It is very filling and very tasty. I would definitely recommend it!

See you chickies later... I love you all!
Closed Thread