Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:48 AM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
This is going to have to be short......I have a pack of little girls a' waiting to go swimming.

Spryng!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! I can't wait to hear all the details of Tanner's birth- and as you are home so quickly, sounds like everything went just great. 7# is a nice size, and not too big to push out (although, honestly, they all feel like watermelons, don't they?????? ). The Lord's richest blessings on you and your family at this special time.

Jackie-hey, don't get so down on yourself!!!!! My gosh, with all that you have been through and as busy as you have been, there has been little (if any) time for yourself. The weight will come off- just hang in there!!!!!! WW works- you know that- get your activity points in and you will be a loser. I can sympathize with you- I just saw a picture of me taken 3 weeks ago at an awards banquet in a new dress- well, I never thought I was skinny- but I looked like a big red blob!!!! Yuk!!! And I thought I was starting to look human........ We are all here for you.....and now that Tanner is here, being spoiled by his mommy Spryng will also be on the weight loss (when she is ready) to kick us along!

Michele- bummer without AC!!!!!!! And pregnant too.......try to stay cool and drink lots of water!!!!!

Melissa- have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about the shower when you return.

Well, I had better scoot......gotta go figure out how to get thru the bills with a checkbook on "E". (oh, it is not all that bad.......summers are rough...........). I had better get out this weekend to get those walking shoes, though- my old ones now have a hole in them!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!
Ginny
Old 06-27-2003, 02:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Here is some pictures of Tanner taken at the hospital. Go to growingfamily.com/webnursery then put in June 24, 2003 and put in cow for mom's last name, missouri for the state, and then click find the baby...click on Tanner and you found him!

I am doing ok today. Last night was much rougher than the first. tanner woke up constantly to eat and needed to be changed often. Of course he is sleeping like a champ right now... must have his nights and days mixed up. o-well, he is only 3 days old!
Ginny have fun swimming!
Mel enjoy your baby shower and trip.
Misty, take it easy in the heat.
jackie, I hope you are having a nice day.
Well, I'm off here. Talk to you all soon. I'm probably going to type up my birth story for you all tonight!
Old 06-27-2003, 03:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi All!

I'm in the middle of packing to go camping in the next hour or so for the weekend, so this will be short. Spryng: Congrats to you again! I'm so happy for you & your family! If I can figure out how to see his pictures, I'll take a peek, okay? Ginny: I hope you had fun swimming! Don't forget to take time out for yourself to go & buy those shoes! As for my weight: I lost all the weight that I gained & also lost another pound! So-since my last weigh in, I lost another pound! I was jumping for joy! As for trying on clothes, gravity must have got the best of me, as I'm still having a difficult time finding pants/shorts that fit me decent! Mel: I hope that you have a safe trip to & from the baby shower & also hope you get a lot of nice gifts. I sure hope that your back will be okay for the ride there & back! Misty: Hopefully you got the a/c fixed by now or at least are living comfortably! My dh didn't put a/c in our house until I was all done having babies, go figure, huh? Well gals, I'd better scoot before dh comes home & catches me on the 'puter! TTFN!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-27-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:32 PM   #19  

Good afternoon all!
Well here I am all alone. Well sorta... Tanner is fast asleep on the couch right now
DH took the kids to a town festival (Redfield Days) and they are having a ball. And it's nice to have the house to myself right now. I cleaned the living room and took a nap and have just been lovin on my new son. He is so precious. Last night DH got up with him ALL night long. We have decided to alternate nights. He gets up with him all night and then sleeps in the next day and then I get the next night of feedings and sleep late the next day... looks like it is going to work great. My milk came in yesterday and I am so engorged and in pain right now. I hope it dries up very soon. Tylenol doesn't even touch the pain. But I know it is temporary. AS soon as it does dry up I will feel much like my old pre-pregnancy self again. I can't wait. My stomach is starting to deflate (lol) so I may get to stop wearing these maternity outfits someday.
When will I start dieting again? That is the question. Right now I am just watching my portions... not really dieting but not eating whatever I want either. I figure after my milk dries up and I feel more healed I will start something to get weight loss going. No rush though.
Well I just wanted to check in while the little one was sleeping. I hope everyone is having a great day camping... cleaning... dieting... or whatever you ladies are up to today!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:03 PM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!
Gee, I was shocked to see posts...........but then I have been up to my eyeballs busy.....and still getting over the darned cold. It was a real miserable one...........

Jackie- Congrats on losing another pound!!!!!!!That is just great- and you were getting so down on yourself. Hope that your camping trip was great, and nice and relaxing.... (ah, but is there a "Y" at the campground??? ). No, you are a high energy lady all by yourself......don't need that "Y" except maybe to burn off some stress! Keep trying to find some shorts.....I know how frustrating that can be!!!! Sometimes the manufacturers re-do all of their patterns/sizes and what used to fit no longer does- even if you did not change a bit! For me, sometimes I just have to hunt until I find a company whose clothes fit.....and then buy one in every color so I do not become frustrated with other manufacturers stuff.

Spryng- Well, I just love the picture of Tanner!!!!! He is so cute- it gave me goose bumps just looking at him! I think he looks a lot like his Mamma- (but then I have no idea what Dh looks like). Sounds as though you two have really bonded.....oh, I used to love it when one of my babies fell asleep on the couch or in the basinette and I would just stay in the room with them and watch them sleep......... Gosh I miss those days.......it is such a special time......enjoy it!!! Gotta love that Dh for taking alternating nights with you (how is his back?). And have you gotten over engorgement (ouch!). That "I have two rocks strapped to my chest" feeling is not much fun. Hang in there......I give you a ton of credit for even posting at this early date!

As for me, the miserable cold has finally retreated........and although I am still a little bit tired, I can at least function now. I never did get in the pool, I felt that lousy that I just sat around and watched the girls- and gardened near them. I did, however get those new walking shoes........can't wait to get out in them tomorrow morning!!!!
Well, I'd better go......I have some bills I want to write out and mail while I walk. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 06-29-2003, 11:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Hope you are feeling a bit better Spryng. I've heard frozen peas can help ease the pain in your breasts. Wish I had more to offer. I'm going to go look at your baby in a sec I can't wait! Hope you are taking it easy tho and getting plenty of rest.

Mel, hope you had a nice weekend and all. I'm excited to hear about the shower too!

Jackie, keep your chin up hon. Hope you have a great time camping.

Ginny, you have come so far hon. I hate thear you call yourself a "blob" your a wonderful gal but if thats what keeps you motivated... I won't go on about it

As for me? well I'm about to drop. The Air is finally on and we are really enjoying it. I took the kids to the beach today, it was really great. Dd#2 got alittle more sun than she should have. But she's not hurting, just alittle pink. We caught lightening bugs this evenng and had company. And this am our church had a nice picinic. It was a super full day! And somehoe I even managed to get a nap and clean house! I'm still up to my eyeballs in laundry tho. Tomorrow is another day I plan to get the other half under control. So I guess I'll call it a day and hit the hay!
Oh yeah and I hit 154# friday at the dr office WOW!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #22  

Good afternoon all!
Misty don't worry about the weight gain. Just keep telling yourself "it's for the baby and it's temporary!" That's what I told myself. I can see alraedy that I am losing some weight. We don't have a scale but my stomach is continuing to go back to normal.
Ginny, thanks for the pity for my engorgement. I'm still engorged and my milk is leaking... but hopefully it will dry up soon. I wish I can remember how long it took to dry up with the other two but for the life of me I can't remember. Hopefully soon. I'm tired of sleeping in my bra with nursing pads. They itch. I know... whine whine whine... lol. Yes the alternating nights are working out great. Last night was Dh's night so I slept pretty good. I feel rested today. And his back is doing great. he is functioning like his old self again. He'll be going back to work sometime next month.
Anyway, it's just another day here. Kids are napping. Dh is taking them to the in-laws later to swim, and I am just lounging around the house. I did semi-clean the kitchen this morning but I need to do one more load of dishes to be finished. Other than that I have been wrestling the kids and feeding the baby. I'm a little over whelmed at times, especially at night. I feel a little depressed in the evenings for some reason but it passes quickly enough. I think it was harder for me to go from 2 kids to 3, instead of 1 to 2. when my first son was born he just fit in so easily. I took care of one and daddy took the other... but this time there is 3 and it's a little more difficult to juggle... I'm still scared to go anywhere with all three so I haven't gone ANYWHERE yet. And I'm feeling a little cooped up. Plus my drivers liscense expired so I can't drive anywhere by myself either. O- the fun of it all lol. But that's ok. I know we'll be getting out soon enough.
Well I guess I'll get off here. Tanner is waking up. Talk to you all later!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:02 PM   #23  

OK, Tanner has been out for some time now so I decided to write and post my birth story like I promised! It's kinda long (could be longer but I summed it up) so bear with me ok? lol

It's taken me awhile to write this down... but here it is.

My due date was June 23, and on my last appointment with my midwife I was 3 cm and 75% effaced, the baby was "very" low and my cervix was very very soft. My midwife said I would probably go into labor by that weekend, but if I didn't I had an induction scheduled for June 24. Well I walked and walked, had sex, and tried some other things to bring on labor naturally, my midwife even stripped my membranes which caused me to lose my plug the next day but the weekend came and went with no sign of baby. Then monday the 23rd came. My due date. I woke up with contractions (non-painful) at 10 min apart and they lingered all day long so I decided to at least go get checked at the hospital. Well that was a wasted 3 hours!! I wasn't in labor and I was still 3 cm 75% effaced, etc. So I got home really late and had to be back at the hospital the next morning at 6:30 am for the induction (my hospital is 1 hr and 15 min away) SO I took some tylenol pm and tried to sleep but I was too excited. I got about 2 hours of sleep.
But anyway, the next day came and we were out the door by 5 am and on our way. Grabbed something to eat on the way there since I knew I wouldn't get anything until after the baby arrived and who knew how long that would be.
Got to the hospital and the IV was hooked up at 7:45 am with pitocin started. At 8:45 my midwife showed up and broke my water... instantly my contractions became painful but nothing I couldn't work through. I got out of bed and used the birthing ball for awhile. I went from 3 cm to 6 very quickly and about 6 cm I asked for Nubain and got back into bed to rest a little. The Nubain really took the edge off and helped me relax through contractions. I hit 7 cm and the Nubain started wearing off so I asked to use the Jacuzzi tub. The nurse went and filled it up and as I was getting ready to get out of bed the baby's heart rate dropped drastically and took awhile to recover. So the nurse wanted me to stay in bed and see if it would get better. I was put on my left side and yet it still dropped every contraction... so onto my right side and it stayed up! She figured the cord was being pinched inside somewhere and my right side took the pressure off of it. So I couldn't use the tub and by now transition contractions were taking over and the urge to push became unbearable yet I knew I couldn't push or I would make the process longer. I was checked and I was an 8. My midwife came in and the heart rates started dropping again yet my cervix stopped changing. I was stuck at an 8. I asked how long I was going to be like this and my midwife said it would be awhile. So I went ahead and asked for more Nubain but was told I couldn't have anymore because it would affect the baby now. I asked what I could have and the only option that far into labor was an epidural. But I didn't want one. I had never had one before. So I asked if I could get one that didn't have a catheter, and she said sure. I could get a one time Spinal. So that is what I did.
I wasn't sure if I made a great descision because the lady who administered it took FOREVER to get it in and then ended up hitting something in there that sent a pain like nothing else down my left side into my leg. But after about 15 minutes or so she got it right and I got relief. The contractions I could still feel but it was more like pressure every time they came and no pain. This was about noon.
After about one hour the spinal began to wear off my left side. I could feel every contraction on my left side but I was able to focus and manage them. Then at 2:15 or so I had a contraction that wouldn't end. So I called my nurse and said that either I'm having one hilacious contraction or the baby is coming! She checked me and I was complete and the baby had crowned!! Needless to say she called my midwife who ran all the way to my room from her office accross the street and got there in about 5 minutes out of breath and all that. It was funny. And they scrambled to get everything ready. I asked for the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes when I looked into it. His head was already right there!! 4 pushes and he was out! This was at 2:27 pm. The cord was wrapped around his throat twice and once around his body. So that is why his heart rate kept dropping. I was fortunate to be able to have him vaginally.
I didn't tear so no stitches were needed and my placenta came out about 3 minutes after he did. So it all went very quickly. All in all I was in labor for 6 1/2 hours. My shortest yet!! (but this will be my last baby so I won't be trying to beat that time lol)
Here is his stats:
Tanner Ace
7 lbs even
19 3/4 in
apgars 9/9
We went home 24 hours later and he has been great since. He will be a week old tomorrow and is already such a joy to our family. His older siblings (2 and 3) adore him and want to help do everything with him. It's really cute.
Our family is complete now and I guess this birth story is too. Thanks for reading!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:39 PM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gee, Spryng I enjoyed reading all about Tanner's entry into the world. Gotta love those short labors! You crack me up- cleaning already too! (sounds just like something I would do). I hear ya with the 3rd child symdrome and how it changes the family dynamics. I know that the addition of Dd really changed our family.....and yes at times you do seem to be "one lap short". Hang in there.......it is all about balance......and you will find a way to handle 3 that works for you and your family. You are doing great! Glad that you did not tear either.......makes life a wee bit more comfortable!!

As for me, I did a ton of laundry today and cleaned up the house a whole lot. Still have more to do.......but at least it is beginning to look "normal". I still can't believe that we are leaving on Wednesday........and I am none too thrilled about it. It looks as though we will be heading into the remains of the tropical storm....ah, the beach is so lovely in the rain ............and the contingent plans I have to keep the kids busy are somewhat weather dependant also. Add to it........that our somewhat standoffish and totally wacko cat has decided in the past day or so that being with us humans is kind of cool.......she is really becomming social- and I've worked so hard with her to get her to this point!!! I'm kind of afraid to leave her- I do not want to lose ground. But then the neighbors who are taking care of her generally spoil my cats to death while I am gone......so I am sure she will do just fine!
Nuff of be babbling. Got a walk in this am with my new sneakers. My feet are still saying thank you!
Gotta go get Dd out of the tub. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 07-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
Just stopped in to say hi- while I am getting information and directions for our trip..........noone here to chat with!!!!!!!!
But I hope that everyone is having a good day. I got up early- 5am- and got a nice walk in.......rather delicious if I must say so myself!!!! (crisp,cool and quiet). The troops are in a wee bit better frame of mind today- at least the teenagers are no so hormonal!! Hope to stop in later- have a great day!
Ginny
Old 07-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #26  

Good evening all!
Well today was Tanner's first outing! We took him to McDonalds for lunch (I had one of their new salads) and then to walmart for a few items we needed. He did very well. It was strange having three kids in the back seat but they all did very well. Then we rented some movies and came home and cleaned the house up and now we are all just relaxing and watching tv.
But today is the day. The day for what? Dieting! Yup. It's time. Tanner is a week old today and I feel great so I decided to go ahead and start eating right again. SO while at McDonalds I had the salad and then for dinner I picked up a Healthy Choice pizza for dinner with a Light Yogurt for dessert and believe it or not I enjoyed every bite! I also bought me a new scale at Walmart so I can keep track of what I weigh. I've already lost 13 lbs since giving birth so that is good. I'm setting my first goal weight at 140. But I'm taking it easy and not really having a time frame in mind right now. Anyone want to start a 5 lb challenge?? I'm game for that. I know this will be a long process. I gained about 32 lbs during my pregnancy but I had alraedy gained some weight right before I became pregnant so I have to lose the 32 plus some. But that is ok. I know I can do it again. I have you all for support!! I'm just going to do low calorie, not really counting as much as making wise food choices and cutting back portions. But I'll eventually do the rotation diet in the next few weeks.
But anyway, just wanted to check in really quick and see how everyone is. I'll chat with you all later!
Old 07-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #27  
One day at a time.

Morning ladies~

I've been home since Monday night, but I needed to rest up! I had a great time at my mom's in La. and my shower was so awesome! I got to visit with all of my family and at my shower I got nearly every thing I wanted and needed!

Spryng, I loved reading your birth story, I can't wait to share my own! Sounds like things are going good for you, and I think it's great that your Dh is there to help too! Take care, and enjoy that new bundle of joy!!!

Ginny, have fun breaking in those new shoes, keep up the great work!

Jackie, congratulations on another great loss! You and Ginny are doing so great, what an inspiration you are to those of us who will be getting back on the loser wagon again soon!!!

Misty, I'm glad to hear that your A/C is working again, and I'm sure that your laundry will be there after you get in a little rest! Take care!

I'll check back soon!
Old 07-06-2003, 05:07 PM   #28  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Everyone!!!

It's me.. long lost Karen... Man I feel like I have been gone forever!

Spryng - CONGRATS!!!! He is a little doll! I was thinking about you at the end of last month knowing you were due. I am glad you didnt have any trouble! It sounds as though you are doing pretty well too.

I have pretty much caught up on all the posts since the last time I was on! there is so much going on I couldnt even begin to remember who did what!

As for me, All I can say is that I am SOOOOO glad school is out for a while! The kids and I havent done much for the last 3 weeks. We have gone hiking with some of DS's class mates. The first hike was 6 miles total... up to Wallace Falls. 1200 feet in 3 miles. we had 14 kids and 10 parents. Took us 7 hours to complete it! LOL. But it was fun! The second Hike was shorter, 2 miles total to the Ice Caves. Those were cool! If you have never heard of Ice Caves, they are a glacier on teh side of a mountain. the glacer grows due to a waterfall on top of it. The caves are formed by the glacier as the roof, and the bottom of the mountain as the back and floor. You cannot go in them as they collapse often but are recreated due to the glacier moving and growing.

I am getting to the gym about once or twice a week. I have been so tired because of all the activities between both kids graduating (Kindergarten and Preschool) DD's dance Recital and becoming the Daisy Troop Leader for My DD's Kindergarten class Next year! (That will be fun though!) But this week it all changes!

Also, we found out 2 weeks ago that the buyout of my DH's company is complete. Now we are in the holding pattern of seeing what happens. Who knows Ginny.. I may be out your way at some point! (Or at least in Northern NJ)

Another bump in the road... I have to have surgery! My endometriosis has gotten to the point that the only way I can be treated is through a laporoscopy. The dr.s office will be calling me tmo to set it all up. I also have to have an ultrasound pre-op to check my ovaries. He thinks that I also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I hope he is right... one of the symptoms is sluggish weight loss. It also could be the reason for my adult acne, extra facial hair and mood swings! Fortunately it is treatable with medication, low carb diet and exercise. I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow.

Ok, I have babbled for quite a while! LOL!! A lot going on around here. I am headed for the Gym tomorrow again and I am planning to go 4 times this week. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning too.. I really dont want to know... TOM is due as well!

Take care everyone and I will talk to you all soon!
Old 07-06-2003, 05:10 PM   #29  

Good afternoon all!
How was everyone's 4th? And how was the weekend? Mine has been pretty good. BBQ- BBQ- and more BBQ. I think I am officially burnt out on all BBQ meat lol.
How goes the weight loss? I haven't decided on any "plan" yet. Still looking for the perfect one. But I have been watching what I eat and doing alot of portion control. So, so far so good. I guess I've lost a couple more lbs. I think I will make tuesday's my official WI day. I can't wait to get into my prepregnancy clothes. I hate wearing maternity since I am no longer expecting. This "in-between" stage sucks.
Everything here though is good. Tanner is getting cuter and cuter by the day. Tuesday is his two week checkup. I wonder how much he has grown.
Misty, Mel, how are your pregnancies going? Good I hope.
Ginny, Jackie, and Karen I hope everything is going good with you.
I hope to see more posts after this weekend. It's lonely around here.
Talk to you all soon!
Old 07-07-2003, 02:03 PM   #30  
burned out bus driver

I'm back!

It has been quiet around here......I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!

Spryng- patience, my dear, patience!!!!!!! You make me laugh- thinking of getting back into normal stuff at only a week or so post partum- (I was still trying to figure out how to walk after my 2 last pregnancies, both were large babies ). But I guess that now is as good a time as any to start thinking about weight loss........just be sure that you give your body time to heal and regain strength, ok?

Karen- gee, we miss you!!!!!! It's great to hear from you whenever you get a chance to say hi! Your hiking escapades sound like fun too. Great excercise and time with your kids.
I guess it is actually good news that you have been diagnosed with POS. At least now it explains why you have been having some difficulties.......and there is hope for control of those problems too!! I hope that your surgery goes well too........will it be a same day surgery or require an overnight? Great that you will be moving to north NJ!!!!!!!! Let me know if you want any advice on good/bad areas- my mom is still in NJ and I am there enough myself. It will be nice to have you as my "neighbor"!

Melissa- Glad that you got home happily and safely from your shower/ trip. Good too that you got everything that you wanted too! How are you feeling- you too are getting close!

Well, the trip was interesting.....I have to let the girls in the pool, so I can't fill you in just now. But am I ever glad to be home!!!!
I did not do badly with my eating while gone and got a bit of excercise. I don't expect that I lost a thing.....might have gained a pound but no more than that.......and PMS time is almost here so I am gaining water.
Gotta go!!!!See ya later!!!
(there's no place like home!)
Ginny
Closed Thread