Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 02:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Welcome back Ginny! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I know it will be interesting, because if there is anything I have learned in my year + being here is that you and Jackie lead anything but boring lives lol.
Oh and I am taking it easy in the weight loss department. I am doing great on portion control. I'm very proud of myself so far. I expect to see a loss come my WI tomorrow. I am trying to eat low-fat items over high fat and have bought things like low-cal mayo, fat free milk, slim fast bars for those weak "sweet" moments, low-cal bread etc. I'm not counting anything just cutting back and using those low-cal items. Last night DH grilled some chicken and made all the sides and I just took a little of each and drank some flavored seltzer (cal free) and I even had cake for dessert (a tiny sliver of a piece) but it was enough to satisfy the sweet tooth without having alot of cals. So I feel like I am on the right path. I am hoping to start getting some walking in and eventually get my recumbant bike out again. It's stuffed in the back of my ds's closet at present.
Well I need to get off here. DH is wanting my attention. Talk to you all later!
Old 07-07-2003, 10:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies, I too have been a stay at home mom for almost 10 yrs. I have 4 children the oldest of which will be 10 in Sept. My weight has been an issue my whole life. Overweight as a child and then diets that closely resmbled starvation in my teens. I seem to finally have it figured out, but have been gaining and losing the same 15# now for 3 yrs. I have relost all but 5# this time around and plan to lose an additional 15#. Posting here has helped me stay motivated, but would like to post with ladies who are leading lives more like mine also. I'm hoping you will have me.

SPRYNG, Congrats. on the birth of your baby. My niece too had a baby girl on June 12th. There is nothing more wonderful than a new addition to the family.

Have a great day all!

HW 185 / SW 156 / CW 146 / GW 125
Walking goal for July 40 miles
Bike miles for July 24

MW 16 / MTG 24
MB 16 / BMTG 8

Kristi
Old 07-07-2003, 11:27 PM   #33  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

LOVNMOM - Welcome!! We would love to have you here!! What plan are you doing? I have been struggling the last 2 years quite a bit with about 20 pounds. Back in 1999 I lost 56 pounds on Weight Watchers. I gained back 20.. lost 10.. gained 10... and so the cycle goes. I am working on getting through some health challenges this summer, and then I am going to go for the long term.

Ginny - Not sure if I am going to be moving yet or not. It could be NJ (The Roseland area, or somewhere affordable yet safe to raise kids with a short commute to Roseland) or Georgia or maybe we will get to stay here in WA! (That is what I am hoping for!) I am sure that there wont be any news for several months because it will take time for them to get through what is the exsisting company now.

Spryng - Good for you watching portions and calories. Are you Breast Feeding? I lost 20+ pounds in the first 6 Weeks with my kids breast feeding. It really does work!

As for me, I went to the gym today for an hour and a half. Did the eliptical for 30 minutes then did weights for abs and Lower Body. Tomorrow is the Recumbant Bike and Upper Body.

The Doctor called this evening. I am going to have surgery either on the 23rd of this month or the 6th of August. He is checking the hospital schedule to see what day works the best. I am hoping for the 23rd! I just want to feel better again!

Well, I rented a movie to watch tonight..How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Hubby is out in CA for 4 days so I am renting all the Chick Flicks I can before then! LOL!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:34 PM   #34  

Welcome Kristi!! Of course we will have you! I am Spryng. Been married for 5 years now and have three beautiful children ages 3 1/2, 2 1/2, and now 2 weeks old. I've battled my weight since becoming married. I was a size 4 at my wedding and 10 months later gained 40 lbs (due to the pill) and then got pregnant and gained more etc. It was a downhill spiral since then. After my second baby was born I started dieting. I have tried everything. Low carb, low cal, very low fat, pills, etc. Low carb got my weight down but I hated the food, so then I switched to low calorie and I liked the food but hated the restrictions. Before I became pregnant this last time I was 10 lbs away from my goal weight. Well, I can say I'm far from that goal weight now. Right now I am focused on portion control while I am still recovering from childbirth. Tomorrow is my weigh in so we'll see how well it is working. May I ask what plan you are on? I look forward to getting to know you better and losing weight with you!
Well, it's late and I have errands to run tomorrow so I need to go to bed. I'll chat with you ladies more tomorrow!
Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 PM   #35  

Karen you snuck in while I was posting too! lol
The exercise sounds so great! You seem to be doing well with it!! No I am not breastfeeding but I am still leaking lol. Does that count as burning cals?? lol. I hope that surgery really does help you feel better. I couldn't imagine what you are going through now. When will you know for sure the surgery date? Is it a simple procedure or will it require a hospital stay? Keep us posted on it. What will recovery be like?
Oh and about that How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? I loved it and so did my DH!! So maybe it's not just a chick flick after all! But it was truly funny and sweet. Enjoy!
Well, I need to get in bed. Have great night all!!
Old 07-08-2003, 12:04 AM   #36  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Really quick! Yes I am still on... Had to deal with a customer issue!

the surgery will be outpatient. I had it before back in 1995. The day after I had that surgery, I was at an all day function. Not recommended.. but that is how simple it can be. this time around though, I have been told to stay HOME! There are risks of course. they are in essense lasering off tissue from my uterus, intestines, bladder, ovaries and possibly other areas of my body. If things are bad there is a chance I will have to have a hystorectomy. Pray that isnt the case as it isnt recommended for a 36 year old woman to have a hystorectomy, short of it being cancerous!

The worst part of all this is that my left leg goes numb with the onset of TOM and when I am ovulating. I usually have to sit for an hour or so with a hot water bottle on my back. That is the part that makes me the most crazy! I cant tell you how many times I have almost fallen down the stairs because I suddenly go numb! UGHHHHH!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #37  

Good afternoon all!
Boy it is HOT today! We went to get Tanner put on WIC and the place was not air conditioned and neither is our car at present because of some problem we have yet to identify so my little guy suffered badly. I felt so bad for him. As soon as we got home I stripped him down to his diaper and got him cooled off. Right now he is sleeping soundly on the sofa under the air. Such a cutie. I know I say that often. lol.
Karen I'm glad the procedure is a semi-simple one, and yes you get plenty of rest this time around. I hope it fixes the problem and you don't have those leg pains and such anymore. They sound terrible.
Well today is my WI. OK, so here are my pregnancy stats. I wasn't sure if I wanted to post them because I hate seeing my numbers so high, but I know you all understand. Ok, the day I had Tanner I was 194. YIKES! I know. But I started out at 160ish so it was only a 34 lbs gain. And that is normal. OK, well today I weigh 172. So it's coming off gradually. That's a 22 lb loss in two weeks. Not bad huh? I still can't get into my prepregnancy clothing but hopefully within the next couple of weeks they will start fitting. I'm still doing well with my portion control and all that so I know I'm losing weight properly. I feel good about it anyway.
Oh, and Tanner gained some weight. They didn't make me take his clothing off so I know it's a little off but the scale said he was 8 lbs 5 oz. So he's probably around 8 lbs now. And he's grown a 1/4 of an inch so now he's 20 inches long. So everything seems to be going well with him and I.
My goal weight again is 140 for now. Did I write that already? Of course 125 is my long term goal, but my short one is 140. I know I will get there eventually. Is anyone up for a 5 lb challenge?? Let me know.
Well, got to go. I think I'll grab a nap while all the kids are sleeping. Talk to you all later!
Old 07-08-2003, 03:01 PM   #38  
burned out bus driver

HI!
Welcome Kristi!!!!! I hope that you find this thread comfortable, a good place for you to be. I have met some wonderful ladies here- I love them all! They are top notch for support and encouragement- and comfort too. Hope that you feel the same about them too. My weight has been an issue most of my life also- but not too big a problem until my second child........then I slipped from being just on the high end of normal for my height to really fat.....even into the lower end of the obese scale. (not too proud of that at all!). I am anxious to hear what kind of plan you are using to lose. Sounds like you are a walker also (me too!)- your July goal of 40 miles, is that for the whole month? How are you doing so far to meet that? Nuff blabber from me- welcome again!!

Karen, I had no idea that your health issues were that frustrating for you. You had mentioned them in passing- but never let on how difficult times could be for you. Of course I'll pray for you-and would be honored to do so. If you need some specific prayer and are not comfortable leaving lots of personal info here you can always PM me with it...... I do usually get to my computer daily. BTW, how did you like the movie?? My Dh hates chick flicks, I can sympathize with you there. Is it worth renting? And as crummy as you feel you are still excercising!!! Good for you!
I hope that it makes you feel a bit better too!

Spryng- you crack me up........Me, at 2 weeks post partum was still trying to walk without extreme waddling and keep from leaking all over my blouses.......and you are dieting! Sounds like you are eating well though- just give yourself the time you need to regain strength. It's great that you are feeling so strong. Guess that little Tanner must be giving you some good nights of sleep.

Well, those girls are waiting to swim again........gotta go. I did get a walk in this am (gosh, I do not like to walk in the summer heat!). So far my eating has been good. See ya later!!
Ginny
Old 07-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #39  
burned out bus driver

Spryng- you snuck in on me!!!!! How long for the 5# challenge???? Till Aug 1?? If so, count me in, ok? My WI is tomorrow. And do not worry about your current weight.......we are both cruising for 140 (my final goal is 130 though). Hang in there, you will be lower next week.
Ginny
Old 07-08-2003, 03:39 PM   #40  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi gang!

Well, my trip to the gym this morning was a bust! I might go this afternoon though. The child care opens back up at 4pm so if the kids are behaving.. we just might do it!

Thanks Ginny for the prayers! I have always tried to keep a positive attitude with this whole thing. To be miserable every month for 2 weeks or so wouldnt do me or my family any good, so except for the occasional snaping and crankiness when I am feeling really bad, I try to down play it as much as possible. But in the last few months it has gotten really bad to the point that it can interfere with daily life... thus having the surgery. I should hear tonight when it is scheduled. I am very nervous about it but I am looking forward to some relief too!

The movie was great by the way! I really enjoyed it! And I recommend it highly!

Spryng - You are doing great if you have lost 22 pounds already! That is only 12 pounds from where you where when you got pregnant! Just be sure to take care of you and recover!

well.. off for now. The kids need their lunches!
Old 07-08-2003, 06:01 PM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Just me ol' blabberpuss again!

Karen- please DO NOT take this the wrong way.....but I think there is a thread here for those with polycycstic ovarian syndrome and I wonder if you might be able to get some useful information there too. But then we want you here.........so please don't leave us!!! I just thought you might find some help there also. Let us know when the surgery is, ok? Is the surgery considered almost a sure fix- so that you can really look foward to some relief? Gee, I sure hope so!!!!! I'm glad that the movie was good- with Dh here helping coach Dd's softball team I will have lots of time this weekend and might want to get a movie for myself. That sounds like a good one! Did you make it to the gym this afternoon?

I came on trying to find a movie review for something that will keep my Ds (14) and Dd happy...........it does not exist!! He wants to see Terminator......she Sinbad......and I want some advil.
Guess its back to the drawing board. (Dh and Dd are at a- guess what! softball double header.........it never ends!)

It looks as though I will not get the chance to really report on our weekend trip. It was a bust for the most part. Virginia Beach is a lovely city- beautifully maintained etc.....just way too built up for our taste and is, unfortunately overrun with police. I have nothing against police......what I am getting at is the usual clientele are very rowdy. The police fly helicopters up and down the beach all nite........and the place never seems to go to sleep.
We did get some much needed relief when we drove inland to Colonial Williamsburg (I love it there and the kids did well too). But it was hot.......really hot.

Gotta go! I'll try to get on tomorrow after my WI . Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 07-08-2003, 07:01 PM   #42  

Karen, Your story sounds much like mine. Baby #4 was born in Nov. '99 and by Dec. '99 I weighed 5# more than the day he was born even though he was nursing night and day. So, I got busy and lost 50# and now have been gaining 10-15 every winter and losing it every spring/summer for the past 3 yrs. To lose I try to exercise at least 5 days a week and I use a foodmover by Richard Simmons to keep track of what I eat. Currently I eat aprox. 1400 cals. daily during the week and 2000 daily on weekends. This gives me about a 3# a month loss without total deprivation. When winter hits though my ambition goes out the window. My original goal was t oweigh 125 by the time I'm 40. I'll be 40 in Aug. '04 so this is the winter I have to stay the course. My goodness, as reading on I see you are having some health problems that sound so very uncomfortable. If it's ok, I will too add you to my prayers. I hope all goes well and your waiting is over soon.

Spryng, WIC is such a good program. As a new mother with my 1st child I learned so much about proper nutrition for infants and toddlers. The ladies were really terrific. 22# lost in 2 wks. YGG. I was 29 when I had my first baby and the pounds came off ever so slowly with all 4 children. Take care of yourself, eat healthy and rest as much as possible. Be proud girl.

Ginny, Yes the 40 miles is for the whole month of July. I plan also to bike 24 miles this month. Last month I logged 56 walking miles and 22 bike miles. I like to keep my challenges low, because once I set them I'm very determined to meet them and I also enjoy swimming, tae-bo, etc... and don't want to miss out on these because I'm focused on a goal. I tend to get bored too quikly if I only do 1 form of exercise and then just quit. Sorry to hear your weekend was a bust, but thanks for the heads up. I'd never heard Virginia Beach is patrolled in that way and on the rowdy side. Vacation brochures make it sound wonderful.

As for my day, food has been good and I'm going now to do a WATP tape. Life wise it was a bummer ds #1 turns 8 tomorrow and I went to K-Mart 20 miles from home looking for an aluminum bat. They had one and it wasn't what I wanted plus they had NO Pokemon cards. What kind of K-Mart has No Pokemon cards. No wonder there all going out of business. So, tonight dh is 30 miles the other direction at Wal- Mart looking for the right bat. ( We live sooooo rural ) Hopefully he'll have better luck. Well, I gotta get off here and get my hiney moving. Thanks to all of you for such warm welcomes. I believe I will be very happy here.

Kristi
Old 07-08-2003, 09:55 PM   #43  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Ginny!

I would never leave here! I may not post as often as I should.. but I wont leave either!

I did check out that thread and it seems like a great support group. I just hope that is what they find so that I can finally be treated! Dont you just hate complaining to the Dr all the time to have them tell you it is "genetic" or just treat the symptoms to no avail? LOL!

Kristi - I want to be at my goal weight when I hit 40 too! ( I will be 37 in January) I am hoping that I will hit the goal sooner than that and will have maintained for a while when I turn 40. So you an I will be on a quest together! And Thanks for adding me to your prayers. I need all I can get!

as for my surgery... It will be on July 23rd. I go in for my pre-op and ultrasound on Monday! (July 14th) I am glad that it is sooner rather than later! I will keep you all posted on the details!

didnt make it to the gym today. Sadly, I was on the phone all afternoon! The good news is that most of it was related to Crochet Legacy.. but still! I will be in there tmo!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:50 AM   #44  

Hi Karen, Lokking forward to being on quest with you. I'm going to check out crochet legacy to see what you're into!

DS turns 8 today we were unable to find a bat for him. Wal Mart had everything put away to make room for the fall hunting stuff. Don't they realize it's only the second week in July? Geez! He has summer reading and a ballgame today so his party at chuckie cheeses is tomorrow and he's totally cool knowing he has only one gift today, because mom blew it. He has faith that I'll make it right when we hit the city tomorrow. He's a cool kid. He made pumkin pie with me today, because that's what he wanted. He's not a cake lover and he'll have cake tomorrow at his party!. I got out there this morning and did 3 miles on the trail with my pooch plus I did get the 1 and 2 mile WATP tapes done last night so I'm moving right up on my goal. Yippee!

GM 40 / MW 21 / MTG 19
BGM 24 / MB 16 / BMTG 8

Have a great day, Kristi
Old 07-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #45  
I'm a Jovi Girl

oh My goodness! Kristi! My baby turns 5 today (July 9th)!! Another thing we have in common! My Hubby is in california today so I got a babysitter to watch my older son later and I am taking Cassie out to lunch then to the Build a Bear store. I LOVE teddy Bears and so does she. SO we are going to build one together today. But it is a surprise! On Saturday we are having her "kids" birthday party at Michael's. They will be painting trinket boxes!

I am going to run as I have woken up with one hummdinger of a head ache.. so I think I need my caffiene fix! LOL!

I'll check in later!

Hugs!
Closed Thread