Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #1  
Happy Member

Question Foodmovers / Richard Simmons Program?

Are there any followers of the Richard Simmons program of healthy eating and exercise still here.

There are a couple of us who have posted to the old RS forum, but our postings and replies are so buried in the 3FC old threads that no one, including us, is able to find them easily. So I am posting here to see if anyone is interested in combining our forces for support and mutual information.

I have been a follower of the Richard Simmons program since January, 2000, with success. It provides a balanced eating program, encourages exercise, and provides motivational information. Through the years many have been able to lose weight and maintain that weight loss using the Foodmover, a handly little gadget that helps track portions.

So, is anyone interesting in reviving a Richard Simmons support group here at 3FC? Now is your chance.

A healthy body is something that we should all strive for. And we are worth all the effort it takes.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:28 AM   #2  

Hi, I was on RS a few years ago and found it too restrictive. I stayed on it religiously and only lost 40 lbs in a whole year and that was with water aerobics everyday. I am glad you have found success with it because it is a good program as far as nutrition is concerned. I hope you find those in the program like you!

I also gained all the weight back plus about 50 lbs fast. This has NOTHING to do with his program and believe me I do not blame his program at all. It was me. I had to find something that worked well for me, wasn't crazy nutritionally and most of all work on behavior modification, exercise I liked, triggers of my eating etc. I have found that and have lost 90 lbs since January. I do 45 minutes of water aerobics 7 days a week (when weather permits otherwise I power walk a mile and a half), I am on a calorie/fat calorie program and have worked on why I eat when I do.

Congratulations on your success with the program. If you do not find any comers to your thread, be sure and stop in to Time for Serious Fun. We would love to have you with us.

Faye
Closed Thread