Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #16  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Sami- Thank you!! At times it has been rough, but I am so happy that I am down almost 70 pounds! That would be awesome to be able to buy a new dress for your birthday. I'm sure you will look great in it! And congrats on choosing a healthy option, I know that can be hard.

PudgyFellow- Congrats on your weight loss so far! I totally know how you feel. I too have been stalling because weekends are so bad for me. So many temptations. It's just mind over matter, though. It is good that you are back on track. When I exercise I don't always aim for a certain cal burn but when I do it's around 500-600 minimum. I always feel accomplished if I at least reach that. If not, that's ok too. At least I was moving! I do have MFP with the same username mirax3 I need to start using it again. How did your day go today?

BreighRenee- I'm glad to hear you say you love ellipticals. I do too! I always feel like I get a good work out that is still low impact on my knees. I'm sure you will reach your goal. Thanks for the recipe, I love parfaits and I will have to try it.

Today was good for me. I was very successful with my eating but I didn't get any exercise in. Tomorrow for sure! My current goal is to be well into the 170's by July 15th. Ultimately by the end of the summer, I want to be near to my goal of 165.

How often do you guys weigh yourselves?
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiannie View Post
So far I love this forum! So much to look at and so many stories from so many walks of life. It is very interesting however it is a very large community and I am looking for someone that I can maybe check in with daily and get to know. Hoping we can motivate each other and keep each other on track.

I am 28 year old female, married, no kids. I am currently 177 which is about 20lbs above normal for me as I recently quit smoking and packed on pounds! I like to ride my bike and am thinking of calorie counting, gonna start tomorrow.

Let me know if your interested!
BWAHAHAH We're like the Exact same person.
I'm 28 too, unmarried no kids, used to smoke too.
I was about 140 to 150 lbs when smoking.
Post smoking I'm at my highest weight ever:
175 lb

Anyways I don't mind supporting.
I'm always available online
PM me anytime you like

PS what type of Cigarettes did you used to smoke and
When did you stop?
Ijustcant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/285/220

Height: 5'5"

Mirax3: you're so close, no way you could fail!

I personally try to only weigh myself once a week, but sometimes I do more than once a week. Just depends on the day, but I definitely don't like to every day
BreighRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #19  

Positive to each of you! How about we've a daily test to speak about the good and bad points we've done for the day. I do not actually understand the way to operate these forums to well yet. I do not know if there's a method to private message.
PatriceChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #20  

Hey All, another day, another milestone, yea?

PatriceChild: I don't think there's a set format here, but I kinda see it as a venting place We probably should log a motivation diary of some kind but I read all your comments here so I don't care if this grows to an insane number of pages.

Anyhow, my day is just about over, and it wasn't too bad. I haven't listed what I consider to be a healthy diet yet, so here it is. Please feel free to comment in if you think I'm missing something:
Breakfast
- 3 tablespoons of raw whole oats soaked in rice milk (20ml) for about 1/2 hour. I usually just prepare this in an air tight container and eat it when I get to work.
- 1 banana

Mid morning breakfast
- 33g can of tuna
- 1 scoop whey protein shake approx. 30g (no sugars)

Lunch
- tuna with kidney beans, chickpeas and broad beans
- 2 tablets fish oils
- 2 tablets multi-vitamins

Mid afternoon
- 33g can of tuna

Pre-workout
- 400mg caffeine tablets
- 1g L-Arginine tablets

post-workout
- 5g creatine
- 1scoop whey protein shake

Dinner
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 chicken breast (usually grilled/broiled with whatever spices I can find)
- 1 cup broccoli
occasionally I get really lazy eating this dinner as 1 cup of broccoli can be quite a lot, I just blend it into a soup, adding about 500ml of vege/chicken stock. surprisingly tasty.

bridge meal (before sleep)
- 1 scoop whey protein shake

geez, reading the above, now I know why I binge eat on weekends....
I probably should be eating more fruits but I'm limiting my sugars, so I'm kind of hoping the multi vits will balance things out. I sometimes change the dinner and lunch around, or instead of broccoli, I have spinach, or both if I am short of both in the fridge. My wife eats the same as I in the evenings, minus the protein shakes and I'm glad she doesn't mind it at all. I rarely eat red meats these days as chicken is so much easier to pack for the next day. Please feel free to list your daily food consumption. I will be super interesting to see what you are doing to reach your goals.

Mirax3: 500-600cals?!! wow!!! I sit on the spin cycle for 200cals and I call it. that usually takes me around 1/2 hour to do that. that's awesome! keep it up! I'll try for 300cals tomorrow morning. I usually(try) to cycle each morning and evening before bed. I don't do cardio in the evenings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as I hit the gym with a buddy. Sunday is rest day, minus the binge eating!!! Lord give me strength!

Cravings today: I'm dying for some patato chips
Did I succumb: no!
could have done better: drink more water. I only managed about 1.5 litres today.

Talk tomorrow!
Chris

Last edited by PudgyFellow; 06-11-2013 at 05:24 AM.
PudgyFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirax3 View Post
Sami- Thank you!! At times it has been rough, but I am so happy that I am down almost 70 pounds! That would be awesome to be able to buy a new dress for your birthday. I'm sure you will look great in it! And congrats on choosing a healthy option, I know that can be hard.

PudgyFellow- Congrats on your weight loss so far! I totally know how you feel. I too have been stalling because weekends are so bad for me. So many temptations. It's just mind over matter, though. It is good that you are back on track. When I exercise I don't always aim for a certain cal burn but when I do it's around 500-600 minimum. I always feel accomplished if I at least reach that. If not, that's ok too. At least I was moving! I do have MFP with the same username mirax3 I need to start using it again. How did your day go today?

BreighRenee- I'm glad to hear you say you love ellipticals. I do too! I always feel like I get a good work out that is still low impact on my knees. I'm sure you will reach your goal. Thanks for the recipe, I love parfaits and I will have to try it.

Today was good for me. I was very successful with my eating but I didn't get any exercise in. Tomorrow for sure! My current goal is to be well into the 170's by July 15th. Ultimately by the end of the summer, I want to be near to my goal of 165.

How often do you guys weigh yourselves?
Grats to you too on getting where you are today WOW! 70lbs. It looks even more impressive when you convert it to matrix! Very well done!
I jump on the scales everyday... it's a horrible habit but my curiosity gets the better of me. Especially the Monday,.. dum dum DUMMMM!!!! how much damage did I do?

Last edited by PudgyFellow; 06-11-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustcant View Post
BWAHAHAH We're like the Exact same person.
I'm 28 too, unmarried no kids, used to smoke too.
I was about 140 to 150 lbs when smoking.
Post smoking I'm at my highest weight ever:
175 lb

Anyways I don't mind supporting.
I'm always available online
PM me anytime you like

PS what type of Cigarettes did you used to smoke and
When did you stop?
Sounds like we are in the same boat! I know you feel better from not smoking but then feel awful cause you are so much fatter! lol I used to smoke peter jacksons and i just recently quit 4 months ago after 12 long years.

I can't PM yet cause I don't have enough posts but feel free to hang around this thread!
Samiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #23  

So I must admit I didn't do really well yesterday Better then the day before but my husband brought junk food into the house and I am such a sucker, I don't know why it is so hard for me to say no. So I did pretty good with my meals but ended up snacking on Twizzlers and had a cookie.

I have to buck up for real! Going to get some more fruit today as I find that is a good way to curb my sweet attacks lol NO MORE JUNK SNACKS I SWEAR!!!!

Mirax I think that is a very reasonable goal for you and you will have no problem getting there! You seem as tho you have a very strict regimen when it come to working out. What are you eat habits like do you count calories? I definitely have an unhealthy obsession with weighting myself and do it every time I go to work sometime like 5 times a week and lately it has only been getting worse.

BreighRenee how did you do yesterday? So I just bought the new Dance central game and can't wait fir it to get here. Me and the hubby set a couple hours where I can play for exercise and he will join me too sometimes. I love watching my shows or movies when ellipticalling it makes the time fly. I will download the latest episode of gossip girl or something. I would be interested in the points sheets can you email them?

Chris looks like you did great yesterday, you have thing very well planned out! That is one of my major downfalls not being able to plan meals and end up grabbing quick thoughtless choices. You have tons of protient which is awesome! I hope I can learn from your habits! How many calories does that equal for the day? Do you do any kinds of exercise?

Well got myself a new bike seat yesterday as the other one sucked and made my butt hurt and the sun is finally coming out around here so looks like I will go for a ride today. So far I have a had a cup of chocolate cherrios with skim milk and a BBQ turkey burger for lunch.

Have a good day!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #24  

First off HELLO THERE EVERYONE

Hope all is well.
I want to say that I have an annoying habit of eating candy, so sometimes when I list what I've done, or how I've effed up for the day, it will involve candy. I've been trying to curb my sweet tooth though.

Today I've been very good and haven't had any sweets. I woke up around 10ish, went running and came back. I'm sipping on water now.
P.S.
I ran a mile and a half in 20 minutes so I feel great

Kay now let me respond to this:
Quote:
Sounds like we are in the same boat! I know you feel better from not smoking but then feel awful cause you are so much fatter! lol I used to smoke peter jacksons and i just recently quit 4 months ago after 12 long years.

I can't PM yet cause I don't have enough posts but feel free to hang around this thread!
Do you ever have the urge to try electronic cigarettes? Also what stopped your smoking? Was it marriage? Lack of partying?

Yeah ever since I stopped "hanging out" and partying cigarettes have been a none factor. I still sometimes get the urge though.
I smoked for about 5 years. I started off with Marbolo Lights, then moved to Virginia Slims Menthol, then switched back to Marbolo Lights, and moved to ***wait for it***
Newports! Them thangs are addictive! I hate to say it, but my cigarette change reflects my social/economic status change as well lol.

Anyway here is what I'm working with:

Yes its horror, but good news is I've got a plan team and I'm working on the first part of it now

Support Group question:
What are your thoughts on the Game of Thrones?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #25  

Quote:
So I must admit I didn't do really well yesterday Better then the day before but my husband brought junk food into the house and I am such a sucker, I don't know why it is so hard for me to say no. So I did pretty good with my meals but ended up snacking on Twizzlers and had a cookie.

I have to buck up for real! Going to get some more fruit today as I find that is a good way to curb my sweet attacks lol NO MORE JUNK SNACKS I SWEAR!!!!

WHO ARE YOU?!

We're like the same person!
This shizz is weird...
Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #26  

Quote:

Mirax I think that is a very reasonable goal for you and you will have no problem getting there! You seem as tho you have a very strict regimen when it come to working out. What are you eat habits like do you count calories? I definitely have an unhealthy obsession with weighting myself and do it every time I go to work sometime like 5 times a week and lately it has only been getting worse.

BreighRenee how did you do yesterday? So I just bought the new Dance central game and can't wait fir it to get here. Me and the hubby set a couple hours where I can play for exercise and he will join me too sometimes. I love watching my shows or movies when ellipticalling it makes the time fly. I will download the latest episode of gossip girl or something. I would be interested in the points sheets can you email them?

Chris looks like you did great yesterday, you have thing very well planned out! That is one of my major downfalls not being able to plan meals and end up grabbing quick thoughtless choices. You have tons of protient which is awesome! I hope I can learn from your habits! How many calories does that equal for the day? Do you do any kinds of exercise?

Well got myself a new bike seat yesterday as the other one sucked and made my butt hurt and the sun is finally coming out around here so looks like I will go for a ride today. So far I have a had a cup of chocolate cherrios with skim milk and a BBQ turkey burger for lunch.

Have a good day!
Hi Samiannie

I know about the snacking, it's horrible. 3 weeks ago, I went out to the supermarket to buy a couple of replacement bulbs. You'll expect to grab the bulbs and pay for it, 5 minutes tops. I spent 2 hours walking between the supermarket aisles arguing with myself about how I need to be discipline, but that box of chocolate biscuits are just so tasty, perhaps a rice cracker substitute might be the go? While I'm doing this, I've got the 2 light bulbs in my hand,... I finally walk past the magazine stand and there you have it, Men's Health Magazine staring me in the face with a picture of a ripped dude on the cover. Yes, I walked out but the craving was still there and it would sit in my mind for days.

I don't know if my case is extreme or do you guys get that too, or do you simply just give in. Yes it's will power but if it festers in your mind for days, it's a pretty steep hill to climb. Perhaps I should have pictures of ripped dudes on my wall! lol. If you have a tactic to curb your cravings, I would love to know it!

As for exercise, cardio is just spin cycling for about 1/2 hour, twice a day. Once in the morning before work and evenings before bed. As for the gym, I do weight training, separate body parts by doing compound exercises like bench press, squats, deadlifts to abs, arm, shoulder exercises.

edit: regarding calories from my diet, it's around 1300-1500 per day. It's not a lot but it isn't long term. I'll cut for 3 months and start maintaining around 3000 once it's over.

Last edited by PudgyFellow; 06-11-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #27  

Quote:
First off HELLO THERE EVERYONE

Hope all is well.
I want to say that I have an annoying habit of eating candy, so sometimes when I list what I've done, or how I've effed up for the day, it will involve candy. I've been trying to curb my sweet tooth though.

Today I've been very good and haven't had any sweets. I woke up around 10ish, went running and came back. I'm sipping on water now.
P.S.
I ran a mile and a half in 20 minutes so I feel great

Kay now let me respond to this:

Do you ever have the urge to try electronic cigarettes? Also what stopped your smoking? Was it marriage? Lack of partying?

Yeah ever since I stopped "hanging out" and partying cigarettes have been a none factor. I still sometimes get the urge though.
I smoked for about 5 years. I started off with Marbolo Lights, then moved to Virginia Slims Menthol, then switched back to Marbolo Lights, and moved to ***wait for it***
Newports! Them thangs are addictive! I hate to say it, but my cigarette change reflects my social/economic status change as well lol.

Yes its horror, but good news is I've got a plan team and I'm working on the first part of it now

Support Group question:
What are your thoughts on the Game of Thrones?
Good job on the mile keep it up!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #28  

Quote:
WHO ARE YOU?!

We're like the same person!
This shizz is weird...
that is too funny!! We posted at the exact same time today too weird......I was thinking that we were alike when I read about how you love candy!

Ya I am Canadian so I don't know about newports lol I quit smoking because I work in a hospital and see people dying and sick everyday from smoking. So that made my mind up for me. I don't really crave them anymore, but I think I have replaced them with sweets so that no good.

We will do this girlfriend!! just gotta stick together!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #29  

Hey Pudgy good job on the exercise everyday! Man I really wish I had that kind of discipline! I did go for a bike ride today went about 6km, not too far but it was a good workout, it been a while since I've gone riding. Hope all your hard works pays off and lets agree to only weigh ourselves once a week.

Last edited by Samiannie; 06-11-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #30  

Quote:
Hey Pudgy good job on the exercise everyday! Man I really wish I had that kind of discipline! I did go for a bike ride today went about 6km, not too far but it was a good workout, it been a while since I've gone riding. Hope all your hard works pays off and lets agree to only weigh ourselves once a week.
Yes, will try, once a week. I'll try not to post everyday either. I tend to be a bit overzealous.

All the best ladies for the rest of the week!