Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 01:15 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Default Hey Tina...

I'm up for a challenge! What do you say? Anyone else?
Old 06-01-2003, 03:55 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

I need a challenge!!
Old 06-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello ladies I'm back. The best part of the weekend was the hot tub at the Hotel
We got home before lunch today. I stopped and bought me a 5 gallon aquariam I have been wanting one for a long time. I went to see my brother and nephew yesterday. Damian is growing a lot he will be 8 months old tomorrow.

Sorry I missed chat last night. If I had a laptop the Hotel had internet access in all rooms.

catch you later
Old 06-01-2003, 05:45 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Did someone say challenge???

I think I could be up for that. What did you have in mind Tina?

I didn't post pics of all my furbabies. We still have two more. A black German shepherd and an orange tabby. I didn't want to monopolize space. Some say we have too many pets, but we are all happy and I couldn't love my pets more.

Food ended up terrible yesterday. (But yummy. ) We had pizza for dinner because by the time we got there the bowling alley was closed. I don't think the bowling alley would have been much better, but who knows? It's all in your choices.

I enjoyed chat last night. Thank you!!!

That's all for now.

Old 06-01-2003, 07:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Just wanted to ask everyone to keep my nephew in your prayers. He was in a car accident last night and had to have his arm amputated just below the elbow. He also has a broken leg, but we are awaiting more x rays and cat scans to determine what will be done. He is only 12. I thank god that he is still alive, but he is going to have a tough road ahead of him so any and all prayers are welcome. Thanks.
Steph
Old 06-01-2003, 08:21 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

Oh, Steph...I'm so sorry about your nephew's accident. He's the same age as my son. Lots of prayers and good wishes are coming his way! {{{{hugs}}}} to you and his parents too.

Here's my challenge...

I will eat within my plan. (low carb/WW)
I will drink at least 64 oz water/day.
I will exercise daily for at least 30 min.
I will report here daily, and bore you all with the details!

That's it. (I'm not feeling too creative) but really...isn't that all we need to do to at least get the ball rolling? For me the challenge is to keep it rolling!

Gotta grab a nap...work tonight....see you tomorrow!

p.s. Just a thought, why doesn't everyone create their own challenge, state their own rules and post progress daily? I don't know, just kinda thinking about it as I go along...any more ideas?
Old 06-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Ladies ---

Steph --- I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. I will keep him in my prayers. Sending hugs your way.

I love seeing everyone furbaby pictures. Tina - the kittens are sooooo cute. I see that you have a Tony room! I watched a little of the race today when we were eating out at Damon's. Looks like he ended in a pretty good spot.

I pretty much led a dog's life today --- I did basically nothing. Slept late --- for a change hubby got up with the dogs. I napped on the couch off and on watching tv. Got dressed only to go out to eat and grocery shop. I did a little cleaning downstairs and prepared my lunches and snacks for the next couple days. Now I will probably be awake all night because I napped so much.

My June challenge is pretty much what I have been doing ----
1. Staying around 1500-1600 calories per day, less than 15% fat and less than 175g of carbs. Also following WW points.
2. Drink lots of water --- limit iced tea --- which I water down and only sweeten w/ spenda.
3. Exercise at least 30 min per day.
4. Plan meals ahead and shop each week for only what we need.
5. Continue to try and get hubby motivated.
6. Get through our anniversary, my b-day and a 3 day out of town business trip without doing too much damage.
7. Only eat out once a week - and then make wise choices.
8. Stay on plan during weekends -- by far my hardest time.
9. Stay POSITIVE and enjoy each and every day!!!

Well, I've put in in writing - now I am committed!!! Wishing everyone a great night!!! See you tomorrow!
Barb
Old 06-02-2003, 02:19 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Exclamation Indecision leads to procrastination which leads to frustration. Grrr

Oh Steph... my heart aches for your nephew and his family.. and whoever was driving the car. {{{Hugs}}} and Prayers.
My grandson is 12 .... I cannot imagine how hard it will be for him.
Kat... I will take up your challenge.
I don't usually do challenges because they usually mess me up... but I need to recommit to following a program.
I will follow your rules for me.
1. Follow my food plan. No white flour or white sugar. Low carbs
2. 64oz water
3. Exercise (never missing 2 days in a row)
4. Report my progress
Hopefully this will help me. I have put a postie note on my computer and entited it "KAT's Challenge". Just knowing that Kat is doing it even when she doesn't want to will help me do it even when I don't want to. LOL

Everyone has very cute fur babies. We have 2 dogs and LOVE them both !!!!

I have spent the entire weekend house hunting.
Found the perfect house but not the perfect location.
I don't know if we should jump on it because they are desperate to sell. He lost his job 6 months ago and they just can't afford it anymore. In fact... they have already moved out and if they don't sell soon they may have to let it go back to the bank. I know we can get a great deal on it.
WHAT TO DO ????? I am sooo terrible at making decisions. Grrrrr

I love our "present" tree filled yard with over an acre. (new house is in town with no trees).
Our house needs an update again. I also want a utility ROOM and not a utility closet like I have now. We need to invest a LOT of money into it. Furnace and AC is 25 years old so that needs replacing soon plus all of our appliances needs replacing too.

Plus... we just paid this house off and it is nice to NOT have a house payment. It is old.... but it is ours. BUT... we are getting old and hate all the yard work required here. The new house is much smaller yard. BUT....
LOL ... I could go on and on. LOL

I want to buy the new house but not sell the old one for a year... and see if we really like living in the city again. Maybe rent it out. We have been out in the country for many years. FEAR plays a big role in my decision making. Fear of making the wrong decision. Okay.. thanks for listening. Sorry I rambled so. But it helped me. Thanks.

Storms are headed my way. I can hear the thunder rolling closer and closer.
I better get off of here and shut the computer down. I have a surge protector.. but I feel better having the computer off.
Good night everyone. Sleep tight.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:42 AM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
Rise and Shine --- wishine everyone a wonderful start of a new week! The sun is FINALLY shining here - it's going to be a beautiful day and I am stuck inside at work all day. The rain is suppose to return tomorrow. Ugh! Hope to see a lot of you checking in, it's been very quiet around here!
See ya later!
Barb
Old 06-02-2003, 08:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Good morning!

I'm on vacation this week so I should be up doing something really productive!

Steph - So very sorry to hear about your nephew. You and your family will defintely be in our prayers.

2Cute - Good luck with the house decision. I hate making decisions like that. Just make a list of the things most important to you in a house and if that house meets your needs. We once moved into a duplex rental because it was the place of our dreams - only to not pay close enough attention to its location (busy street at the back yard) and was miserable. Go with your heart!

Now, I'm going to try to insert a picture. I took note of Tina mentioning the picture trail and uploaded a pic of my dog, Bear. If this works, I'd like for DH to take pictures of me and maybe I can post one of those too.

Have a great OP day!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 06-02-2003 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:52 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hmm,

That didn't work quite like I expected. I did the "IMG" and pasted in my URL address. Oh well, at least you can click on it and see the pic. Still works.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #27  
Beauty is within...

Steph, that is terrible, and my thoughts go to all of you, especially your nephew. Awful thing to happen to anyone, but for a 12 year old kid, will be very hard. Let him know that even a stranger in Australia is thinking of him!

I went for a REALLY long walk today - 1 hour!!!!
After that and my stretches, I'm certainly feeling my muscles working!

Food's been good. I was determined to be under points, but missed out by 5.... one too many bread rolls with the yummy beef stew that Marc made.

I've just done my nails. I love doing that, always makes me feel like a new woman!

I started a thread in Buddy Up, asking people to join me in challenges for the same reason that you guys are doing it here - it always helps to throw in that extra bit of spice to an every day weight loss program - helps keep it from getting stale and boring.. Good luck to you all! My only challenge right now is to keep track of my points. Even on a "good" day, the odd extra adds up enough to tip the scales!

I'm off to watch a scary movie with Marc.... Aliens - a good oldy!

Night!
Old 06-02-2003, 09:09 AM   #28  
Beauty is within...

I'm going to try attaching a photo of me in the hospital after Becky was born, with my other kiddlywink Josh.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:13 AM   #29  

Good Morning chicks,

Steph: Your nephew is in my prayers. Such a sad thing for a 12 year old to have to deal with. His parents are in my prayers too.

Terri: I just clicked on it and it opened another window and there was Bear...he is adorable. I also went to picture trail to try to figure out how to put more than one pic in etc. but well I guess I need somemore time, because I gave up and am over on yahoo in my photo album trying to figure it out there too?

Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:53 AM   #30  
a work in progress...

Default Motivation Monday...

I found this while cruising around Dotti's Weight Loss Zone, thought I'd share ... (btw, if you've never checked out her site, give it a shot, www.dwiz.com...she's got LOTS of good info there, esp if you are a Weight Watcher.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To all beginning dieters, from someone who has been there...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For some reason you chose today to lose weight. Maybe it was because it is a new year, or because you saw a picture of yourself, or because the doctor told you too. Whatever the reason, you have found this site, and you are starting out, and you feel like quitting. Don't do that until you read on.

You see, I too once had to lose weight. Never mind my reasons, like you, I needed to lose. In my case, 58 pounds.

Let me share a little of my journey for it will be good for me to leave it here, and it will be good for you to walk in my shoes.

There were days, when the diet (counting calories for me) was so easy, that I couldn't believe anyone had ever managed to mess this up. Food just seemed to be fuel and nothing more.

There were days, when I thought I would starve to death, and the calories were gone shortly before lunch.

There were days, when I lost weight even though I felt like I had really messed up the week before.

There were days, when I gained weight despite being totally OP every day.

There were days, when exercise came easily.

There were days, when I was too exhausted or too busy to move at all.

There were days, when I just wanted to quit and accept that I was JUST FAT.

There were days, when I would wake myself up crunching my stomach muscles.

There were days, when everyone noticed that I had lost weight and compliments flowed like wine.

There were days, when no one noticed.

There were days, when I thought I had to starve to lose.

There were days, when I thought I could eat anything and I would lose despite it.

There were days, when I just wanted to be done.

There were days, when I thought I could continue forever.

There were days, when I felt fat, and the scales would be lower.

There were days, when I felt thin, and the scales would be higher.

There were days, when I wished someone would notice.

There were days, when I wished no one would notice again.

You see, they were just days. And if you tackle each day, one at a time, the next day, you get a different day. So for today, don't give up. Tomorrow will bring a loss, if you do what you are supposed too. I promise. And then,

There were days, when I realized, that I am not dieting anymore. This is totally normal, and I can't imagine eating any other way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2cute...you have given me such motivation to succeed! How can I NOT do well on "Kat's Challenge?"

I have to get some sleep, I'm falling asleep here...I'll be back!

Post your personal challenges!
Closed Thread