Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 10:26 AM   #1  

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again #342

300+ and Ready to Try Again #342
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

Last edited by peekabooangel; 05-31-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:37 AM   #2  

Hi there chickies

I did it, I saw we were at 30 posts and I started the new thread for us Now, I am even posting cause I know that starting a new thread does not count as a post.

Mary: I'm so jealous, I want a romantic weekend. Hope you are having a great time!!!!!!

I will try to make chat tonight, I hope to see lots of people there? Right now I am off to a friends house to help with her computer. She totally lost her internet explorer? God help us, 2 blondes trying to fix a computer....LOL...actually I got her up and going with Netscape browser last night and am hoping that I can reinstall the other for her? Oh well we shall see.

Hugs to all,
Old 05-31-2003, 04:07 PM   #3  

Hi gang!

Sorry I didn't get to check in yesterday; I was so darn busy, I didn't know if I was coming or going.....

Well, I finally have my new glasses...YES, I CAN SEE!!! Smaller print is not really a problem anymore anyway...at least for the time being

Today, it rained in buckets, so why not a better day to do laundry, clean the house and the cat box? Noah escaped outside a couple times, but it wasn't too long before he was meowing to be let back in.

Tina...I saw the new pics, and what can I say? **PANT PANT** You go, girl! Keep on showing those pics, I love them!

Nice to see ya, 2cute!

Thanks for the new thread, Sandy...Bad me, I have been slacking off lately

Nice to see the rest of you posting too...and can you all believe as of tomorrow, we are into June ALREADY? Wow.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hi Ladies

Just a short post to bring us back up to the top and make sure I get emails whenever there are new posts. I will try to make chat tonight, hope to see you there Sandy and Mary. Everyone else get your but in to chat sometimes. We have fun and most of you are missing out on it.

I have had a fair day for food. Most of my snacking and over eating is in the evenings. You know, when I'm sitting here in front of the computer. We keep saying we aren't going to eat by the computer, but that has yet to happen.

My hubby's job has been good. The only thing is like what happened today. He got home from work early and doesn't work tomorrow which is good. The problem is he was so hyper that he was driving me nuts. Ughhh.... Oh well. Wish I had that much energy.

So that is all for today. See you ladies tonight.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:35 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Gals!
I hope everyone had a great Saturday! It's been crazy here. I found someone yesterday to take care of the yard - since our mower died and we haven't been able to attempt fixing it yet. Last night we lost our Internet service. The cable co. couldn't figure out the problem and told us they couldn't get someone out until Tuesday. Well --- that just didn't work for us. We live by the Internet. So tonight we bought a new cable modem to see if that was the problem - sure enough - we got it fixed!

Jeff and I took the train up to New York City today. I love going into the city. I don't think I could ever live there, but it's so much fun to visit. Unfortunately we didn't have great weather, but we accomplished our mission --- Jeff is buying me a new engagement/wedding ring set for our anniversary. He is too sweet! So, I had found a jeweler in NYC over the Internet with some beautiful things at great prices, but I wasn't willing to buy anything sight unseen, so we decided to make a day of it. I don't know when/how he is giving me the rings - they are getting mailed to his office - probably next week. Our anniversary is the 4th and my b-day is the 10th so it'll be in there somewhere. Anyway ---- we also went to eat at the ESPN Zone in Times Square and played in the arcade. We at a lot --- but walked A LOT today. All in all, it was a great day and I am now wiped out!

I was able to hop on chat with Sandy and Amanda for a short while tonight. Sorry I had to leave early!

I plan on sleeping late tomorrow and doing some work around the house - probably some grocery shopping and errand running. Nothing too exciting. I need a day to just bum around.

I'm sure I'll be around tomorrow. Have a good night all!
Sweet Dreams.
Barb

Old 05-31-2003, 10:45 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Default My Dog - Heidi

Hi Again -
Sandy, Amanda and were talking about our pets tonight. Turns out Sandy and I have one that is the same mix.

Here is Heidi - my 8 year old beagle/terrier mix.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:47 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

And, here is Lucy - my 7 year old Mutt. Many people have speculated about what she is, but we have no idea. She is such a sweet dog.

You are already familiar with Charlee - my beady eyed little Chihuahua, so now you have met our 3 girls!
Old 05-31-2003, 11:12 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Default Since we're posting pet pictures...

Here is my kitty Emily:

This is when the kittens were two days old. (born on Tony's birthday)

Kittens were one week old here....aren't they cute? How will I ever give them away?

Food has been dreadful the last couple of days....but JUNE is a brand new month! Are any of you up for the challenge?
Old 06-01-2003, 02:40 AM   #9  

While everyone is showing off their furbabies (which are ALL adorable, by the way!), here are my two fur-sons, Tigger (the gray/black/brown green-eyed handsome boy) and Noah (the orange/white Tabby Tornado cutie pie!):
Old 06-01-2003, 04:49 AM   #10  

Talking Furbabies

I posted a pic of my kitty last time so here is one of my dogs. This is my dog, I've had her since before I met my hubby. She just turned 8 on May 7.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:54 AM   #11  

Talking Another furbaby

This one is supposedly my daughter's, but he thinks he's mine. He came to us about 6-7 months ago and his name was Lester. Now it is Marley, and he is a much more content dog. (Although he is a trash hound and a stinky man, we still love him. He's a total clown.)
Old 06-01-2003, 06:32 AM   #12  
Beauty is within...

I love all those pics! We've only got one pet at the moment, a deaf old white cat called Zepplin. She's quite senile, and drives us nuts! But she's a cute cat that I've had for ages.

I managed to get back into the garden today, and it's looking so GOOD! It didn't end up raining, well spat a little, but not enough to deter me!!! Mum supplied us with lots of cuttings from her garden, so had lots of fun getting them into the ground.

So I did gardening for about 4 hours - another great day of exercise. I'm about to go and do some aerobics to warm up, so I can do my stretches. Last night I even managed to get on the floor and do some situps!

Food's been good. We're having Thai tonight, but I've already worked out the points, and adjusted my day accordingly.

Summary of the month of May was a 4 kilos loss (8.8 pounds), and 66 kilometers of walking!! My aim for June is about the same.

Night!
Old 06-01-2003, 09:12 AM   #13  

My turn......This one is Chester he is a beagle. He likes to howl a lot as you can see

Last edited by peekabooangel; 06-01-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:17 AM   #14  

This one is Evan my son and Sasha our cat.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:20 AM   #15  

And the last one....this is Daisy our beagle mix.....Barb, I asked hubby and I was mistaken, she is a beagle/springer mix....but anyway a beagle anything is a great dog I think.
Closed Thread