Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 215/199/130

Height: 4'10

Hi all, I would like to join this thread. I have estimated my weight to be 215 with a goal of 130. I am 4'10. I am counting calories and have a daily goal of 1300. I started on May 10, and will have a scale by Thursday at the latest.
kkelly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #437  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Lauren Good job yesterday on your food and exercise.

Chronostasis Congrats on the bike ride!

GMNEVO Good job on hitting the gym! I have stood in the kitchen with the package of shredded cheese and spoon in hand. I know the feeling. I hope today was better for you.

Hoopty Good news about your foot. Hang in there with the cravings. I think stuff like that is hormonal. Hopefully it will pass soon for you. I think you were getting admiring glances.

Alaskanalughter Congrats on the recliner! Good deal!

HungryHungryHippo Hmm, banana's foster! I have heard of people freezing the banana's and then mashing them. It turns out like ice cream.

Magical Hi

Psychic Take it one meal at a time. You can do it. Great deal on the DVD.

Mamakat The kids may be in school half the Summer. I hope New Haven went well and you had a productive day.

Amarantha I can feel a positive vibe from your post! I hope you were able to finish the project!

Lumia I hope your day went well and you were able to get back on track.

Katydid Hang in there. The scale will start moving for you again. Keep working your plan.

Ian Did the tennis match happen? Were there any doc 'n a box or ER visits? I hope it was a fun day for you. Can you imagine? You are planning a tennis match with friends?

Geoblewis Did you season the chicken? There may have been a lot of salt in the seasoning. I like this salt free taco seasoning: http://www.vitacost.com/frontier-nat...ning-salt-free

Syckgirlsfv I hear you! I am so ready to say TGIF! I hope your nails were pretty and without smudges.

Thewalrus I have a tough time with alcohol, too. I tend to eat a lot more when I have alcohol. Good job on the Beck Diet Solution. I have heard a lot of good reviews on it.

Misti Sounds like you are doing the best you can with the recovery. There will be time to start working out again. Overall, how is your back feeling?

KKelly98 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! We look forward to watching you meet your weight loss goals.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #438  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome Kelly!

I have to get a grip on my eating...it's been so bad the last week or so impending TOM, seasonal allergies, busy schedule, tired etc...but ive had FAR too many carbs and sugar and not nearly enough healthy choices ughhhh
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #439  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Another day to be proud of. Good on both diet and exercise!

9:45 AM - vegetable egg white souffle (150 kcal)
11:00 AM - large pear (145 kcal)
1:15 PM - greek yogurt with blackberry jam (180 kcal)
3:45 PM - taco tofu & green beans (250 kcal)
5:30 PM - GF carrot berry muffin (120 kcal)
7:30 PM - brown basmati rice, red curry sauce (175 kcal)
9:00 PM - Glutino blueberry breakfast bar (140 kcal)
Total: 1160 kcal

Exercise: ~40 minutes swimming laps

The new rice cooker came today! Had to try it out right away, hence the delicious rice.
Also, my mom bought me a whole bag of gluten-free junk food. Just what I need - not! But I will resist temptation and/or work it into my calories.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 05-21-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #440  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
1 fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (both workouts premix) w/weighted gloves
500 Jump Ropes
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #441  
Trying to live below 200

Chronostasis Good job on your day. Glad the rice steamer arrived! Just work the treat into your plan, if you can.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #442  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Diana. Doubles tennis was awesome. Lots of laughs about your ER comment though. It had been twenty years since I last played and minutes in I went for a shot I could not reach and ended up face down on the concrete. Luckily I just scraped my knee but there were gasps from onlookers (and not just small ones, more like he's had a heart attack kind of gasps!).

But the big story is that being active with friends is just so much more fun than trying to be active alone. I am going to have to engineer more tennis matches!

We played for about 1-1/2 hours in the end. It was boys versus girls and the men lost. That's bad.

And so we went for beer.

So it was another beer supper!

I'd best lose weight tomorrow during my weigh in. It has been such an active day!

Last edited by IanG; 05-21-2013 at 10:51 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #443  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Got through today, though it was a HUGE emotional roller coaster.

I think I am underestimating the stress and stuff I'm dealing with at the moment, and that may be part of my little stall/plateau.

My uncle died a couple of days ago very unexpectedly, and since he was single (never married, no kids that are anywhere in the picture) the family is trying to scramble to be able to bury him and get all that done.

He had no will or anyone else on his bank accounts or anything. Also, no insurance, or pre-planning. So it's a case of mourning his passing, and at the same time being stressed to the gills about how all this can be handled.

Anyway, I am strong believer and God is working everything out, but there is an emotional side that is there too.

Today I woke up and felt mad and disappointed at the world. The weight thing got me down. Work was beyond frustrating and of course, when I got to work, five people met me at the door wanting me to work on their problems. Of course, the problems were beyond trivial and that made it all the more frustrating.

I was short fused and even went off and cried a few times (I am NOT a cryer!).

The long and short of it is, I am glad today is over. Mentally, physically, and emotionally I'm just tired, and totally worn out. I literally felt so fatigued that I had to sit down during my shift b/c of trembling.

Oh well, today is over and tomorrow is another day
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

The Walrus – I found the same thing, with alcohol, when I was in the losing phase—it wasn’t the calories, it was the lowered inhibition to overeat.

Misti – I’m doing good! Mine wasn’t a hard procedure from the start (brow lift), but every day gets more back to normal.

I’m dealing with very carefully trying to regain the five pounds I lost during recovery. I just don’t want to break any of the good habits I’ve built over the past year, like not eating between meals, and being able to push away from the table when I’ve finished a portion. Maybe I should just use protein powder or something.

Who’s looking forward to Memorial Day weekend?!! So many delicious, on-plan things to enjoy! Grilled corn, watermelon, low-cal mayo cole slaw, maybe some grilled fish—yum!!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #445  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Good evening everyone,

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + handful of blackberries
Snack: Handful of whole-grain vegetable crackers
Lunch: 1/3 block of tofu + 2 handfuls of romaine lettuce + 1/2 tomato + 1/3 cup kidney beans + 1 corn on the cob + 1 nectarine
Snack: 2 small bowls of cereal/oatmeal + 10 Mini-Smartie-Reese's Pieces
Dinner: 2 cups Greek yogurt (black cherry + peach) + 1 Luna bar + 1/2 cup sliced peaches
Exercise: stationary bike resistance level 12 - 7.6 miles in 30 min plus cool down + full body workout (minus legs)

Still scared to do the leg press because of my foot. The pain is almost completely gone but I'd rather not risk it. I felt miserable all day because it's too hot outside (eczema here, I can't take the heat) and because I started getting cravings again in the afternoon (and because I'm bored, I wanna work and finally live a normal life with my DH ) I resorted to a little bit of cereal and some Reese's Pieces, nothing too crazy compared to what I probably could have eaten.
After a small nap we went to the gym and to the grocery store afterwards. Hello cupcakes on sale! Hello coconut cake on sale! Hello ice cream on sale! (Yes, the sale things always get me!) Man I was gonna pick some up BUT bought Greek yogurt, a Luna bar and a can of peaches in pear juice instead. Proud moment right there. If you guys only knew how bad it can get then I'm sure you'd understand.
My measurements are all still the same.

Diana3271 - You're right, it might be hormonal. At least I hope so! My face has been breaking out, too, so yeah, I'm gonna blame it on the hormones!

Katydid77 - I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been for you today I hope you feel better soon!

kkelly98 - Hello there! I want to get my own scale too. Always have to weigh myself at the gym :/

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #446  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I am worn out! I finished the foyer painting yesterday, just before New Haven. I had planned not to continue once I got home, but I just felt there was so much light left in the day that I'd pull carpeting off the stairs. That had to be the hardest thing I've ever done (physically), it took hour and I'm still not finished. There was so much sand beneath it all I could have my own beach...goes to show what we track in and what blows through the windows on a windy day

Today's plan: Finish pulling carpet and clean the floors for painting. If I have the time, I will paint trim. My hands are begging for relief but my mania is still in full force. I was up at 4 but I went to bed at 9.30 so it equals out as far as 6 hours goes...doc said that isn't enough, but it's what I always sleep (on a normal day).

Diana: New Haven went well, but she wants to go for a double session next week, tapping therapy. She really wants me to associate with my childhood/early adulthood because she feels that's what's holding me in place. Right now, I see all of it in third person, someone else's life and although that was good for surviving the torturous life, it's not helping me
emotionally, according to her. LOL, I keep telling her, I don't want to remember how I felt as a child, it's bad enough just knowing it happened. So we'll see how that goes.

Well I am off to give the kittens a ride to school then get to pulling carpet. Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #447  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 160.4
Up: .2
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #448  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Yikes, I was so tired when I got home last night that I didn't have the energy to post...

So here goes for yesterday :

Breakfast: Overnight oats
Lunch: 1/2 tuna salad wrap from whole foods
Snack: 1.5 hard boiled eggs w/ kashi bar
Dinner: flat-out bread with peanutbutter and a cup of 2% greek yogurt along with 1/2 glass of red wine
(also I nibbled on 6 flax-soy chips and a dip made by my sister - but it was nothing too excessive)
I think this was all just below 1700 calories

No workout, traveled all day. Being in the car all day made me so exhausted. Unfortunately that's what I do for a living. I hate days when I have to skip my insanity workout, but I won't beat myself up. I'll just start back up today!
LaurenM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #449  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katydid77 View Post

My uncle died a couple of days ago very unexpectedly
So sorry for your loss Katy.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #450  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelly98 View Post
Hi all, I would like to join this thread. I have estimated my weight to be 215 with a goal of 130. I am 4'10. I am counting calories and have a daily goal of 1300. I started on May 10, and will have a scale by Thursday at the latest.
Hi Kkelly! I'm new also. Finding this forum to be a great way to hold yourself accountable. good luck!