Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #316  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Tomorrow is our hair appointment. We always go to the Japanese place. We have a new Panda Express here that we haven't been to, yet. I wanted to try it tomorrow. Has anyone been to Panda Express? Calories seem doable. But they actually seem low, unless the servings are really small.

I was thinking about getting a 2 entree plate:

2 orders of beef and broccoli and the side would be either veggies/fried rice (OR) veggies/chow mein

The calories of the (2) beef and broccoli w/veggies/fried rice is 520 calories
The calories of the (2) beef and broccoli w/veggies/chow mein is 530 calories

Not much difference with the calories.

If I get the (2) beef and broccoli and a side of veggies it's only 310 calories.

Any thoughts on all of this? Are their serving sizes really small? If you have gone there before, what is your favorite meal?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Diana I have gone to Panda express before and I doubt those numbers they serve a pile of rice, to the point that if you finish the hole plate its hard to move so maybe the kid portions but the regular entrees are like Chinese food where they pile food for an army into 1 plate, you have to almost balance it out to the table and when you dig in the rice goes all over. (at least where I am at FL)

Now for my day!

B:Honey oat cereal + skim milk (as always!)
L: White rice + salmon (First time ever eating salmon....it was pretty descent)
D: Fell of the train...Home wrecker from moes (no rice or beans) + a ton of chips!

Snacks: 2 cups of cherries (they are finally in season!! YES) + 1 yogurt

Day 3 of the squat/plank/crunch challenge and DYING!

Hope everyone had a great day
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #318  
Trying to live below 200

GMNEVO Thanks for the info. I may need to check things out before I decide about the side. That's the reason I was going to do 1/2 veggies / 1/2 rice or chow mein. That way there won't be as much of a starch since 1/2 of it will be veggies. I will look at the serving sizes everyone else is getting before I decide for sure.

What is your favorite entree?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #319  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello everybody!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + handful of blueberries + handful of raspberries
Lunch: 1 Lightlife veggie burger patty + 1/3 cup black beans + 1/4 avocado + 1 tomato + broccoli + 1 Luna bar + 1/2 apple
Dinner: 1/2 apple + 1 tbsp peanut butter + 1 hard-boiled egg
Exercise: stationary bike resistance level 12 - 7.3 miles in 30 min plus cool down + full body workout (minus legs and biceps)

The first half of the day was great, the last not so much. I started getting some cravings due to stress and being annoyed. So DH and I decided to go for a walk. When we got back, the cravings were still there so I hopped in the shower and tried to take my time in there. I still have some cravings but I'm determined not to give in.

This morning I wrote down my measurements. I'm pleased to say that I've lost at least 1cm (0.4 inches) everywhere, yay!

Diana3271 - I usually get my grocery store's brand. It's regular Greek yogurt and my favorite flavors are peach, strawberries and black cherry. However, I thought I'd give the 100 calorie version a try - which was a total fail If I wanna eat Greek yogurt I'll just get the regular kind again! I've never been to Panda Express but whatever choice you'll make - enjoy it!

Chronostasis - As long as you feel satisfied - that's all that matters. It's not like you devoured a whole cake and ice cream. Your body is giving you those signs for a reason. Hope you feel better soon!

Katydid77 - I absolutely agree with you! Your mind controls it all!

nineteen - Congrats! I would've been super scared too which makes it so much better that you actually lost some weight

cg86 - Your exercise routine sounds fun!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in, aaaahhhh! Good news though - TOM is officially over, yay!

Until tomorrow! Goodnight everyone
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #320  

Diana3271 my fav entree is totally not healthy! I used to get orange chicken with fried rice and cream cheese rag goons. Back on my crazy days Delicious but totally not recommended on any diet.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #321  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Today's intake:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup whole grain cereal, 1/4 cup granola, 1/2 a banana
Lunch: 1/2 a turkey burger + tempeh, carrot, and cabbage stir fry
Snack: celery w/ 1 tsp almond butter, kiddie sized ice cream in a cone
Dinner: 3 black bean sweet potato burgers, broccolini, 1/2 cup brown rice, 80 cal chocolate dessert plus small piece of dark chocolate
Snack: 1 small apple, 1 T almond butter, small package of nuts/dried fruit

I hope everyone had a great day!

Last edited by nineteen; 05-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Misti – Thank you so much for posting your B&A pictures—I’m so excited for you!! How fun that’s you’ve got some shopping to do, too!!

Hope all the moms had a great Mother’s Day! I was w/o internet this w/e.

Yay Ian—down a pound!! And then 1.4! Congrats!

RadioJane—Back—back from the wedding? Re: Ugly bridesmaid dress, first, I’m sure you looked…as good as ANYONE looks in a bridesmaid dress!!

Diana – I’m sorry about the edema!!

Hey Scarlett—welcome!! And almost 5 pounds lost right away—great start!!

So…tomorrow is my brow lift!! I’ve been needing to do it for several years, but losing weight (and fat in my face) surely made things sag more! So now I also have lines from my nose to my mouth, that’s he’s going to fix. Ironically, he said normally he might harvest fat from my stomach to do that, but there is none! Amazingly—and, on purpose, due to TONS of hard work, that is a fact! Anyway, I can’t work out for 10 days, which is a bummer, because I don’t want to fall off the wagon, but I did my last Jillian workout tonight. Also, apparently, they give you crackers and apple juice in recovery, which are not on my plan, so I am bringing my own fat-free yogurt and cottage cheese, and unsweetened apple sauce and ginger ale, in the hopes I can have some of that, instead. We shall see. Wish me luck! ;-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #323  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

HungryHungryHippo Good luck with your procedure.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 161.4
Down: .2
Old 05-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #324  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone.

Sigh, my weekly gain is back. Up 0.4lbs today but at least it is not a big gain.

I fly to Belgium tomorrow where I stay until Saturday before flying home. The gym at the hotel there is apparently the best in Brussels but meal choices could be tricky. I will need to see.

So, here goes, food for today:

Breakfast:
A boiled egg, smoked trout, tomato and small fruit salad

Lunch: Onion, pickles, flat bread, tomato, yoghurt starter. Chicken salad for entree with baked cheese on the side. Who would like to see a picture of my last meal in Turkey?

Dinner: Red wine followed by a beer chaser.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: 50 minutes in the gym today. Ran 3.1km on the treadmill in 19 minutes, 40 seconds at 9.3km/h. Did weights the rest of the time.

Early start tomorrow to catch a 6am flight which means I will need to hit the new gym in the evening.

Last edited by IanG; 05-15-2013 at 07:17 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #325  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana - TOM ended 3 days ago. I'm just not regular right now.

Yesterday's Calories: 1723
Today's Weight: 177

*grumbles* More weight. This is getting old.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #326  
Empress/Queen

Good morning, everyone.

Up early to exercise as working today, tried to post earlier but the system had a "database error" and I lost it, so will hurry and hope this posts.

Calories for yesterday were 1695, steps 15,000+, did 30 min weights!

Woot! Have a great day, all!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #327  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

HungryHippo The wedding is in two weeks. I'm just in dress fittings right now. It's not even the dress. It's just standing next to very healthy sized women!

Diana I did! Felt good to be back in my pool!

Ok... this regulated cycle is kicking my butt. I know TOM is looming because I have zits. I'm not sleeping. I'm weepy... the list goes on. I'm a textbook of symptoms that I never had to deal with before. At least I recognize it for what it is, but gawd does it ever suck!

Down .2 this morning, bringing my to 375.2

Yesterday Calories In:1400
cheddar cheese
almonds
spinach salad
diced chicken breast
boiled eggs
bacon
salmon
broccoli

Yesterday Calories out:426
25 Minute swim
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #328  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

im having a very busy day today...I got up and got the kids ready this morning, let BIL use the truck, went to work, went to be part of an interview team for whatever summer staff we're hiring, went to the gym, home and to the store...now i'm working til 6 p.m. and THEN I get teenager from his job, and go home to make dinner...phew!

this morning interview thing is going on Thursday and Friday too...so each morning i'm zipping downtown to get there on time and HAVE to leave by 10 a.m. to get to the gym so that the rest of my day will fall on schedule too
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Wrote a long post last night - database error and lost my post entirely! Aargh.

Diana, are you off to the restaurant tonight? Enjoy yourself if so. I love Japanese food but hmmm, what you've described doesn't sound Japanese? More like Chinese with chow mein and fried rice?

Hungryhippo, all the best for the procedure.

Misti, hope you recover quickly and the hurt goes away soon!

Ian, have a good trip to Belgium.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Yesterday:
B: cereal, 2 coffees
L: -
D: leftovers of grilled salmon, chicken/veg stew and a fried chicken wing (!), 1 Tim Tam, tea
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #330  

Another great day done!! Under my calorie limit and got my fat butt tot he gym, did 32 minutes of eliptical + a few weights, the easiest day of the squat/crunch/plank challenge probably because it was the rest day LOL...but its done

Hope everyone had a great day!