Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
I feel like I can't exercise hard enough or long enough to even make any difference.
I'm confused on what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to lose weight, improve your endurance, or both?

I'm quoting the above because you say "make any difference" and I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Exercise doesn't burn that many calories so if you're concerned about losing weight and that is why you're exercising you need to recognize that short of doing hours of cardio you simply won't burn many calories exercising.

If you get into good enough shape where you can do hours of cardio than do you really expect that you'll always be able to do hours of cardio to maintain this loss? Many people who are young and without numerous responsbility lose weight this way but end up gaining it all back once they have a job or relationship that prohbits life in a gym.

The foundation of fat loss needs to be diet.

Exercise is incredibly important for health but that is what it should be used for. Health.

As for what everone else has said - it's true. You have to build up endurance over time. Time and consistancy = results. I like to use the comparison to getting a sun tan. If you want a deep dark tan do you lay out in the sun for 3 hours the first day? No way! Same thing with exercise. Small improvements over time and pretty soon you'll be in great physical condition.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote