Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #16  
Warrior Princess

Ugh, man the scale wars. I gave up and only weigh in about twice a month when I'm nowhere near TOM...I may have hit goal several times and not even known it.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I've started to do this. I don't weigh around the time I know I'll ovulate. I'm tired of seeing the slow climb up. I've tried for two years to get it to NOT climb up by doing more exercise, less sodium, more water, etc. Doesn't matter. The scale WILL go up.

I also used to note each day on my ticker the ups and downs. Not any more. I'll only start changing it when it goes down (If I've been on plan adn there's no other reason than hormones that the scale is going up).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-21-2013 at 08:03 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Me, too. I love my $17 Weight Watchers' one. Most accurate and stable scale I've ever had. I can get on it a zillion times and it gives the same number, so I've stopped getting on a zillion times because really one accurate, stable reading a week is all I need for my datapoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I'm really glad I'm too cheap to spend more than $15 on a scale. The devil is in the details - why would anyone want to know that much?!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #19  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha2 View Post
Me, too. I love my $17 Weight Watchers' one. Most accurate and stable scale I've ever had. I can get on it a zillion times and it gives the same number, so I've stopped getting on a zillion times because really one accurate, stable reading a week is all I need for my datapoint.
Something tripped in my head when you mentioned WW scale. Something about them not showing losses, so I went to amazon to look at reviews and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R4A9PCA...#R4A9PCA7FOJIJ

Several commented on it with similar experiences.

Have you tried holding a lightweight thing (like a tube of toothpaste or something) and weigh yourself holding and and not holding it? if you get the same weight, your scale has that memory thingee I would figure.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-21-2013 at 10:44 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
... And even if it's not all that I hoped for... at least it looks nice... kind of like my first husband...
Hahahaha!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #21  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

my scale has the memory thing - I re-set it by getting on at night, fully dressed. I don't pay any attention to that number, because it varies so much by what I ate and drank and what I am wearing. But it is a quick way to re-set it so I can trust the number the next morning.

Or in a pinch, I grab a book or a dumbbell and weigh once, and then again with out it. And it turns out my 2 lb dumbbell is really 2.2 lbs! lol!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #22  

Height: 5"6

I hear ya on the constant weighing! I just gave my friend a scale for the past 2 weeks and visited her on Sundays. I found it VERY difficult and almost too hard not having it around. It did break the habit, though, and now I am back to weighing every few days. Maybe try giving it up for a short period of time and see how it makes you feel? Good luck
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote