3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   SCALE INSANITY...I need to just stop... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/276166-scale-insanity-i-need-just-stop.html)

TripSwitch 02-21-2013 10:56 AM

SCALE INSANITY...I need to just stop...

So I bought a new scale that I didn't need because for some reason I got it in my head that it would be a good idea to have a scale that had bluetooth and a WiFi connection... so I could just step on and not have to bother writing down the number... and this way I could just keep track of my weight on what I thought would be some cool "app"... Well needless to say, the whole bluetooth and WiFi set up has been a bit of a PIA to say the least and seems a bit buggy... AND of course it weighs me a bit higher than my old scale, so I wasn't happy about that either...

So before you know it, I was really starting to let this scale make me crazy... Which really would be quite comical... If it weren't just so utterly ridiculous...

I mean at this point I really should know better... But there I was yet once again... Entrusting my mental well being to a bathroom scale

Does this insanity ever end?

April Snow 02-21-2013 11:45 AM

seriously, a wifi scale?? I swear, this make me feel like I'm 82 or something and shaking my head and saying "what will they think of next??"

schubunny 02-21-2013 11:46 AM

Nope. I did something ******ed today myself. I stepped on the scale, saw 204.6. Stepped on it 3 more times and got the same thing. Then I stepped on it again and saw 206, then 206 3 more times. Then I did it again and got 205,lol.

I logged it as 204.

Why can't they make scales more accurate so that we don't have these issues? Oy

edit: fixed, apparently I think im in wonderland already :P

toastedsmoke 02-21-2013 12:08 PM

You're definitely not alone. I had a point where I had 2 scales- My "happy days" scale (or my Wii Scale) and my "Sad face" scale (my real scale). It didn't even matter because I KNEW my Wii scale weighed me 1 lb lighter than my real scale so I always just did the math anyway. And yet, my heart always did feel that 1 lb lighter with my "happy days" scale.

LockItUp 02-21-2013 12:08 PM

Does it stop? GOSH I hope so. I have 2 scales (digi and analog). I weigh way too much. It's an issue.

TripSwitch 02-21-2013 02:36 PM

Thanks everyone... :)

I feel kind of silly about the whole thing now... although this morning I really wanted to smash the thing into a million pieces... but I guess I'm glad that I didn't since it's made out of glass and I'd probably still be picking up the pieces...

Anyway... I didn't let it ruin my morning... I went for a run and cleared my head... and had a good laugh over my "temporary" insanity... ;)

berryblondeboys 02-21-2013 02:46 PM

Is it the wiithings scale? I'm intrigued by that one - I would love to get a scale to work with my BF media band and my garmin, which the Withings does, but $$$ when my Ironman tanita is pretty darn accurate (though about 8 years old by now - or about).

gailr42 02-21-2013 02:57 PM

I'm with April Snow only I feel 85. Your issues with the scale are just what I would have. However, the fact that they even make a scale with connectivity just cracks me up. Face it, marketers of everything know that many of us are really OCD. Me raising hand here!

elvislover324 02-21-2013 03:05 PM

Every scale I get on shows a different reading between my 2 doctor's offices that I go pretty frequently now and my 2 home scales (1 electronic, 1 the old bouncy dial style).:goodscale

I started making myself nuts between them. :dizzy: Now I go strictly by my nutritionist's scale once a week, taking the good with the bad!

I do weigh myself at home every morning (why?? it doesn't matter!!) and just compare that weight to the weight the day before. Have no idea why I do it to myself except to drive me bonkers. But I can't stop! My husband offered to "hide" the scale for me and I told him he better not dare, even though he's trying to protect me from myself!!:frypan:

And---meant to say, I couldn't deal with a wifi scale, I am so not a technical person I'd be gaining weight from stress in figuring it out lol.

ichoose2believe 02-21-2013 03:08 PM

I have issues with my scales as well. The other day it said 290.0 then 289.4 twice , then 290.2 , then 290.0 again. I always does this. Funny enough its a Weight Watchers scale.

krampus 02-21-2013 03:09 PM

I'm really glad I'm too cheap to spend more than $15 on a scale. The devil is in the details - why would anyone want to know that much?!

hatgirlie 02-21-2013 05:23 PM

I guess I, too, have scale issues. When I started back on my eating plan in mid January, after regaining a ton of weight that I lost last summer, I didn't even weigh myself...don't want to know how much I gained back...so I've been totally ignoring my scale, for now, so as to avoid a potential breakdown.

Skellig19 02-21-2013 05:33 PM

Oh man, this thread cracked me up. I can totally relate with the hold the scale has. On the other hand, I do love how it helps to keep me on track! It's the main reason I've stuck with healthy eating for 9 months! If I don't see the result within a week, I have problems evaluating how I'm doing. I restrict myself to 1x/week weighing and I only step on it 3 times to get an average.

TripSwitch 02-21-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4641353)
Is it the wiithings scale? I'm intrigued by that one - I would love to get a scale to work with my BF media band and my garmin, which the Withings does, but $$$ when my Ironman tanita is pretty darn accurate (though about 8 years old by now - or about).

It is the withings scale... and I definitely was intrigued by it too... But I probably should have just left it at that... ;)

But I did finally get it working... for now... AFTER having to reboot it TWICE and having to REBOOT MY PHONE as well... I mean just the idea of having to "reboot" a bathroom scale does seem a bit crazy... even to me... Oh, well... live and learn... And even if it's not all that I hoped for... at least it looks nice... kind of like my first husband... :D

Novus 02-21-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by April Snow (Post 4641087)
seriously, a wifi scale?? I swear, this make me feel like I'm 82 or something and shaking my head and saying "what will they think of next??"

^^This! :lol:

And I've been known to slide my scale around the bathroom, rechecking my weight, hoping that gravity is different in a different spot in the room, or something. :o