Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 06:05 PM   #1  

Post 300+ And Ready To Try Again #329....

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!

Last edited by peekabooangel; 05-06-2003 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:11 PM   #2  

Talking SEE WHAT I DID

Hey chicks,
Did you see what I did? I did it all by myself (blonde and all) Hope I did it all right?

It's supper time, but I will be back in a bit to see if anyone has noticed. And far be it that I start a new thread and not post...that is a rule right?

Hugs to ya
Old 05-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Way to Go Sandy !!!!! You did an excellent job.

Can't post... just dropped in to read.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:38 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

I guess those jello shots didn't kill too many brain cells...good job, Sandy!

I'm leaving for the gym now. Kickboxing @ 7.

See you later.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:59 PM   #5  

Tina
ALERT, ALERT

I was looking is this catalog and there are NASCAR wind chimes...for:
Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt

I think a protest is in order here for #20 !!!

Day two at the job was good. The owner came in and told me to find some pictures for my wall and he would pay for them. This is getting scary!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hello, seeing Lucky's post reminded me of something. Tina, I don't know if you sew, but there is this great site that has Nascar fabric called Biker Bedding. If you want the actual address I can send it to you. I just got one of their newsletters and saw they had Nascar fabric and thought of you.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:31 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!
I told you I'd be back. Was a pretty good day here, but I am so tired! I spent the day in a computer class - which was actually pretty good -- it was for a graphic design software. I learned quite a bit, but it threw my schedule off a little. Now I'll have a lot to catch up on tomorrow. I was able to get home a little earlier than normal and fit in my exercise and dinner at a decent time. We just watched American Idol. Now a few minutes here and then I am off to bed.

I talked to my mom for a bit tonight. I can't wait to see my family. Less than two weeks!!! I only get to see them 2-3 times a year, so it's a very special time for me. I can't wait to see if she notices the weight loss. Jeff was so sweet tonight --- he walked in from work and I was in the kitchen in a big tee shirt and exercise pants. He said "stop, let me look at you". Then he told me that he is seeing a big change in me. Made me feel great. He is not much in the romance department, but some days the littlest things make all the difference in the world!
I missed an awful lot today, and I can't catch up with everyone, but I'll try a few replies...

Michelle --- What a small world! I am right next to Aston. We must get together when you come down for one of you cig shopping trips. I won't be around for your next one. We are out of town the 17th - 25th. But maybe the next one. Birthday party at Chuckee Cheese -- you brave soul! I don't have children yet, but we went there with some friends and their kids not long ago and we all about lost our minds. It's so much fun, but crazy!

Deon - I hope you are feeling better!

Thin - Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way during this difficult time.

2Cute - Have a great time with your daughter --- looking forward to your return next week.

Tracy - Cartwheels??? wow! I am impressed. I consider myself fairly flexible, but I draw the line at splits and cartwheels!
I'm not sure how many calories Pilates burns, it's more for toning and stretching, but it sure works the muscles. I combine it with cardio. Tonight I did 1 mile on the treadmill, then about 20 minutes of pilates and some weights for the arms. I have to mix things up a bit because I easily get bored. I have been thinking aobut the TaeBo tapes or maybe Zumba --- has anyone tried that?? They had them on QVC the other night and it looked like fun. Oh - the Pilates for Dummies tape was only about $7 at Target, so it may be worth a try.

Speaking of tapes -- I still have a copy of the Oprah tape here -- if anyone wants me to mail it out, just let me know.

Tina - I haven't seen any news today. I hope you are safe and sound! I've been trying to get into the exercise thing and doing a pretty good job. It sounds like you enjoy the WATP tapes, I was also thinking about trying them. I just can't decide on anything. I've been trying to get myself to do a short workout in the morning to wake my body up and I thought the 1 mile tape might be good, but I just can't get it going in the morning. As it is I get up at 5:30am everyday and I'd have to get up even earlier. Ugh!

Steph - good job getting to Curves again today!

Lucky, Kat, Sara, Amanda, Mary, Sandy, Jiffy, Pam (still there?), Lori, and anyone else I missed --- sending you all hugs and happy thoughts .

I need to sign off for now and get some beauty sleep (I need all I can get).

Talk to you tomorrow!
Barb
Old 05-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Major development...

I went to the gym! I had intentions of taking the Kickboxing class, when my daughter told me there is also a Latin Dance class at the same time...I thought maybe that would be better suited to someone of my...ahem...size/age. (fat/45) I got there and saw a slew of old ladies (the blue haired kind!) going into that class and just couldn't bring myself to go. I'm sure it's a great work out, low impact and all, but I needed some major calorie burning, So I kickboxed instead. I'm glad i did. I was definitely the fattest one in the class and could not do all the moves.(Once upon a time that would have bothered me). The kicks and punches I'm fine with, but when she starts hopping and jumping, I do all the arm stuff and just march in place. Or modify it somehow to suit my capabilities. There were even men in the class. And skinny little chicks. And an array of young and middle aged, chubby and not, in-betweeners. A good mix. AND...I may have been the fattest, but I was NOT the most uncoordinated! (whew) I'm glad I went. There was a time when I would think, "OH I can't do that!! People will see how fat I am!" I guess somewhere along the way I have realized that "they" can see how fat I am ANYWAY! At least I'll be a fatty who's doing something about it! Anyway...I sweated my hiney off and felt great afterwards. After the class, I spent about 15 minutes doing upper body weights, then some stretching. When I got home from the gym, I had a half hour to kill before I had to pick up my son from scouts...so I walked the dog over to the school where they meet, and my son and I had a nice walk home together. It takes about 15 minutes each way. So I feel REAL good today.

My husband and I are both off for the next week. I don't go back to work til next Wednesday night!!!!

You may be seeing a lot of me.

Be afraid...be very afraid...........................
Old 05-07-2003, 12:31 AM   #9  

To all that asked: I am located in McKeesport, PA, about 13 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

We have thunderstorms supposedly coming tonight to our area ! Noah likes to sit in the window and watch them, as Tigger runs under the couch and stays there for hours at the first clap of thunder

Glad everyone like my pistachio fluff receipe...WARNING: It can get addicting!

Here is another receipe for sweet teeth without the consequences of sugar I found in one of my low-sugar cookbooks:

Fruit Shortcakes

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup cold butter or margerine (I use the Blue Bonnet Light)

1/2 cup milk (I use Super Skim)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg

1 teaspoon water

1 cup sliced strawberries

1 cup diced peaches

2 tablespoons low sugar strawberry spread

2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice

Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Fat Free

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and vanilla and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Knead gently 10 times on lightly floured surface. Roll or pat out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with 3 inch cookie cutter (I have a glass of the same diameter that also works). Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Beat egg and water lightly; brush lightly over dough. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire racks.

While shortcakes are baking, combine strawberries, peaches, apple juice and strawberry spread and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Split warm shortcakes and spread 1 tablespoon of Cool Whip, then add 1 tablespoon fruit mixture, top with Cool Whip, then replace with tops of shortcakes. Garnish with Cool Whip and strawberries. Makes 6 servings.

BE WARNED: One of these are filling! Though they only 7 grams of fat in these, they are 511 calories

For diabetics, the exchange rate is: 2 starch/bread, 6 1/3 fat, and 1 fruit.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:29 AM   #10  

Kat: you go girl!!! You exauhsted me just reading all that you did. Congrats on the boxing class, and I think I would have done the same thing. You are the woman of the day!!!

Lori: I've had that pistaccio one in a gram cracker crust before...so good and true so addicting. The fruit one sounds good too but I looked it up on the pts slider and OMG it said I would be comsuming like 10 or 11 pts....scared me, but I still kept the recipe and maybe on a free day I can have it?

Does anyone else freek when the points are high on something? I mean if I have to pull that slider out and turn it over to the other side I find myself automatically saying NO NO NO. Must be in my head?

Here it is 6:18 a.m and I am up all alone in the house with all of you and my coffee...Ok some of you are still asleep, but it's nice here without the kids yelling and hubby needing something. This, I think is my favorite time of the day, but in about 5 minutes I have to wake the kids up to get ready for school.

Tina: Where are you? I told you to keep us informed of whats going on there in Tenn. Again my prayers are with you, I hope this reaches you and your family safe!

Barb: getting closer to the date.....I know they will notice your weight loss, how can they not? And what a compliment from hubby.

Last week my hubby said to me "have you been writting in your food journal? And are you keeping track of your points anymore?"
I freeked out on the man. I took this as a woman you know, as him calling me fat, which my dear hubby would never ever in a million years do. He tried to apologize and explain what he ment but I was not hearing a thing. What he was trying to say was that for the past 13-14 weeks I have done so well and been so excited about this and then Easter came and I just kinda fell apart. And it was showing in my mood and in my voice and happiness that I was not totally on my plan. I love the man, but well you know a womans feelings get hurt fast!!! I tried to explain this to him. Then in the next breath he says lets go for ice cream, I pack the kiddos in the car and we take them to the ice cream stand and I get the 2 kids their twists and hubby wanted a twist with choco jimmies. I came back to the car empty handed~~he said wheres yours? I said 'I DONT WANT IT' Yes, I was lying......but he made me feel bad about myself. I'm over it now, and completly back on plan as of Monday....I have my little notebook right here at the puter that I write all my bites in and am true to everysingle thing. I went for a small walk yesterday. Now I need to pop on over to my food journal on journaling to success? and keep up to date on it.

And of course I will be leaning on you all, but I will be getting smaller so I won't knock you over . Oh one more thing I finally did~~~in the back of my book I took my measurements and wrote them down so in a few weeks or a month I can go see again (Loris trick)

Luv ya all,
Sandy
Old 05-07-2003, 07:38 AM   #11  
**No Excuses**

Unhappy The Last Couple of Months have been trying

I know that is no excuse, but its the only one I have. Everything in my life seems out of control and I dont know how to regain that control. I have been very sick, Natasha (dd) has been sick, and things between me and Justin have been stressed. I am so out of control of everything in my life. There is alot of things I'm not able to control, but some are like my weight. So, here I come crawling back to this board again, seeking support and advice. I hope I'm welcome back.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good Morning chickies
How are all my lovlies today?

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Work at the Library is hectic right now. We are getting ready for summer reading and in the future headquarters are going to be inventoring all the books and tapes. The tapes have to be put in Dewey Decimel order so that means you know who has to put spine labels on the ones that don't have them, in addition to my other chores.

I had DAR meeting yesterday and printed, stapled and mailed 55 newsletters for my genealogical society. We have that meeting on Sat. Also I have been elected to be Vice President to the Mississippi Genealogical Society in our capital city. It is a huge honor but that means that I have to choose programs for two years and be cordorinator of the yearly seminar.

Food has not been good lately. I love to eat . I went to the fruit stand yesterday and bought some fresh tomatoes. I had tomato sandwiches last night, with fat free mayo on low carb bread. they were wonderful.

I can't reply to everyone but know I love all of you . I have thought about getting the WATP tapes or the Zumba ones. Does any of you have the WW start up booklets they want to let me borrow. It costs so much to join. I tried WW years ago before they started doing points, in the early 80's.

Well I better run I have to shower and get dressed for work. We are expecting thunder storms today. So far we have missed the real bad stuff this time.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:21 AM   #13  

Sunny shiney morning everyone.
I too am awake but no coffee for me.

Aradia... Of course you are welcomed back. Glad to see you.
Life sometimes is just not fair... but we have to learn to live it. Well some of it.. we can learn to change the way eat... even though we can't change that some people don't seem to have this eating problem like we do.

Kat... way to go girl !!!! I sure got a "kick" out of your post as well as inspiration !!!!

Sandy... alone, first thing in the morning is nice. Ahhhh

Mary... I was going to ask you about your genology stuff.
One of the items I recieved of my parents things was an oil painting by my great- great- grandfather. How do I go about looking up info on him ?? He lived in Germany. I can't wait to pass it down to my grandchildren... it will be their great - great- great- great grandfather.

Barb... I did get to see Oparah's tape finally last night.
I know that Thin wanted it too. If no one else wants it I will buy it and save it for future inspiration. The main message I got from it was..... "GET OFF MY BUTT AND DOING SOMETHING... NOW"

Lori... that recipe looks 2good2Bgood4u. LOL

Amanda... good to see you !! Do you like to sew ???

Lucky... I think your ship has come in with this new job.
I am sooo happy for you. You sound sooo "IMPORTANT !!!"

Okay ladies.. I am going before anyone wakes up.
Have a great day !!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-07-2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #14  
Beauty is within...

Hellooo!!

2cute, and Thinthinker, HOW ARE YOU?? LONG TIME NO HEAR!!

I have been trying to get back into the swing of things over the last month, after HAVING A BABY!

I've had a little girl, Rebecca, and am now back on the weight loss wagon. I even managed to lose a bit of weight whilst pregnant!

Hi to all the members here. I don't think I know anyone else, but I used to come in quite a bit about a year ago.

Hope that I can join in and say hi occasionally!

Chow!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:33 AM   #15  

Talking

Lynne !!!!! WELCOME BACK !!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
How sweet... a little girl.
We are sure glad to see you again!!!!

Two weeks ago or so I was talking about you.
I am sooooo happy to see you again.
Closed Thread