Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Thank You

I am proud of my daughter. I understand totally Beth. I will tell you this, I consider our digital camera one of the best things I've ever purchased. It is fantastic, and in the long run a lot cheaper then developing a bunch of film. I can take pics of whatever whenever then just plug it in to my computer and download them. If I'd known how easy it was I would have done it long ago. Plus, I'm an impatient person so it is very gratifying to see the pictures right away and be able to print them out.

I used to smoke Angel, until I got pregnant. It is so hard to beat. I still crave one sometimes in social situations. One of the things that worked really well for me was small pieces of fruit. I would take cherries ( I love cherries.) or grapes and then I would still take a break like I was taking a smoke break and instead of smoking I would eat fruit. I found that for me the biggest part of having a cigarette was so I could create a break for myself and socialize. So as long as I had those without the cigarette I was fine. It is so individual. I don't have your address on my new email account. I'll just give you my email and then when you get a chance email me, okay? It is [email protected] Now that I have aol we can chat too if we catch each other online.

Things are going good lately. I haven't been eating perfect or anything, but I've been improving. I just made huevos rancheros for brunch, yum. I read somewhere that to try to add more vegis to your diet try adding at least one vegi at breakfast, so on the non cereal days I've been trying that.

Michele, where are you and how are you doing? Hope to hear from all of you again soon.

Old 05-15-2003, 03:23 PM   #17  

Talking Thank You

I am proud of my daughter. I understand totally Beth. I will tell you this, I consider our digital camera one of the best things I've ever purchased. It is fantastic, and in the long run a lot cheaper then developing a bunch of film. I can take pics of whatever whenever then just plug it in to my computer and download them. If I'd known how easy it was I would have done it long ago. Plus, I'm an impatient person so it is very gratifying to see the pictures right away and be able to print them out.

I used to smoke Angel, until I got pregnant. It is so hard to beat. I still crave one sometimes in social situations. One of the things that worked really well for me was small pieces of fruit. I would take cherries ( I love cherries.) or grapes and then I would still take a break like I was taking a smoke break and instead of smoking I would eat fruit. I found that for me the biggest part of having a cigarette was so I could create a break for myself and socialize. So as long as I had those without the cigarette I was fine. It is so individual. I don't have your address on my new email account. I'll just give you my email and then when you get a chance email me, okay? It is [email protected] Now that I have aol we can chat too if we catch each other online.

Things are going good lately. I haven't been eating perfect or anything, but I've been improving. I just made huevos rancheros for brunch, yum. I read somewhere that to try to add more vegis to your diet try adding at least one vegi at breakfast, so on the non cereal days I've been trying that.

Michele, where are you and how are you doing? Hope to hear from all of you again soon. I'm going to add another pic of my hubby and I.

Old 05-22-2003, 03:28 PM   #18  

Hello Ladies!
Looks like we are all really busy! I know i am. I will be gone all weekend. So you ladies have a great holiday!

I lost .75 this week. Not one of my better weeks but I am okay with that!

Beth
Old 05-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #19  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello Jewels,

Sorry, i've been MIA but actually I was kind of lurking. Had a busy week last week, my Mother and Aunt came to visit from CA and I graduated college last Friday! It was really great, the commencement was fun and i was so happy. I had my mother and aunt and 2 cousins and a friend at the ceremony and it really meant a lot to me.

But my WOE has been awful, especially with my family here, we ate out a lot and there was no way to stay OP. I've been saying that now i'm getting back to low carb but i'm really struggling. I'm also having a LOT of fatigue.

On the up side, i'm going to meet a new guy i've been talking to for awhile. I'm fairly hopeful that he's a great guy and praying that we'll like eachother as much in person. We'll see what happens.

Amanda, liked the pics and yes, your daughter is a cutie. I'd love a digital camera too, didn't know they had them at walmart, i'll have to check it out.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #20  

Hello Ladies!

Back from a long weekend! Congrads Michelle on your graduation! It is hard when family visit! It throws off my eating and exercise. I managed this weekend to find the time to exercise. But I have to do it early before we start running around and things get hectic.

My ds is out of school now so it will probably be less often I can post. I used to do it in the afternoons when dd was alseep. I bribed them now if they gave me a few minutes we would go for a bike ride! I hope I make it!

Good Luck to all!

BEth
Old 05-27-2003, 11:36 AM   #21  

Red face I am still here...

Hello everyone! I am still alive and kicking... Thank Goodness! Starting over --- again --- today! I was doing SOOO well when I joined this thread back in February - then my hubby love came back from out of town and I just lost all control that I had - sigh.

Well - he is gone out of town again - now to Midland, Texas so I am bound and determined to get these extra 30 pounds (was only 18 until he came home) off of this again body once and for all!!!

I hope y'all don't mind reading my garbage every day but I figured if I had to hold myself accountable everyday for what I eat and what exercise I get - then I will be more successful. SOOO - for breakfast today - I had two pieces of toast and I used 1/2 a tablespoon of light margarine (cuz I was out of my Promise Margarine) and a tablespoon of grape jelly. Then on my way to work I ate a banana and took my One A Day Weight Smart vitamin with a cup of tea. I am struggling to get my water down because I don't have any lemons or lemon juice here at work... for some reason it always makes it easier for me to drink.

I am going to walk this evening when I get home from work and try to get in one of my exercise tapes before the days narrows to an end - but I have to take my oldest daughter to Tumbling practice at 7pm - so I just hope I can keep my energy level up!

Anyway - I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday!! Take care and keep strong!!! I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know I can do this - I know I can do this - I know I can do this!!!

I can't wave too fast at y'all though cuz my "bye-bye" arms my flip around and slap me in the back of the head!!!

Talk to everyone soon -

Bobbie ([email protected])

SW - ? I will get on the dreaded thing this evening... ugh
CW - ?
GW - 120 lbs.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #22  

Talking

Hello Ladies
I know it has been a while since I posted. Things are going okay. Kind of hectic. I started my eBay business. I didn't sell a lot my first time out, but I learned a lot. (One of the biggies is to not list a bunch of stuff to end on a holiday weekend. ) I start school again this week. I have to re-take a class from last semester, and I'm hoping my accounting class will go, but we'll see. The instructor has offered it three summers and it has never gone. If it doesn't go it would be okay I guess because it would save me the drive over to Steamboat 4 days a week.

It's good to see you Bobbie, Michelle, and Beth. Angel, you're MIA again. Drop in and say hello, or send me an email. I have not been following a program still, I think I'm going to start doing the WW point thing. I don't know yet. Anyway, I've got to get going, I have things to package and mail.

Old 05-29-2003, 06:38 AM   #23  

Guess I'm just here talking to myself. Just popped in to see if anyone is about. Everyone must be recouping from the weekend. Drop in and say "hi" would ya? Angel where are you? Beth? Bobby? Michele? Anyone else? Hope everyone is doing well.

Old 05-29-2003, 08:08 AM   #24  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default i'm here

Hello Jewels,

I'm here, i've just been kind of quiet. Feel like I have nothing positive to post right now. I'm really struggling with WOE and have no program. I can't seem to get on track. Not sure where to begin. I've just been struggling with the day to day things. There's so much to do these days and I don't want to do any of it.

But I love to see all your efforts. OK, so Thursday is what day?
Old 05-29-2003, 02:56 PM   #25  

Hello Ladies!
I am here to! Just busy as usual. In fact i should be doing the dishes and picking up the living room right now. I had TOPS today and have not gotten my work done yet. But I did get my exericse in and what is more important!

I have been reading a good book Ladies that you all might enjoy. Its by Bob Greene Make the Connection. He is the guy that Oprah promotes. I am only half way through but he has some pretty basic principles. He not out there. I really want to get to the second book about Keeping the Connection. Which is my real struggle. He has a lot on finding your own inner strength and finding what makes you happy. I am not into the journaling but some of you may find it intersting.

I lost 2.25 this week at TOPS. I guess that bike ride paid off. I am going to the obgyn next week I am hoping to get an idea of what she thinks I should weigh. I am hoping that this will get some people off my back. I know this is a good problem to have but I am tired of people asking me " HOw much more are you going to lose?" Some are just concerned but others are almost rude about it. Like I have to justify that I am not starving myself or taking pills. I still weigh 154. I am only 5-1 and a medium frame. I don't think I am doing anything detrimental to my body. Okay I will calm down now! I have just been mad about this all day. I have worked hard to get this far. I am only 30 years old when I finish I want to look d*m good not just good. I am not going through all this for anything less.

I hope everyone else has a great day and keep it up ladies! Even just posting here is something and a start in the right direction!

Beth
Old 05-29-2003, 06:13 PM   #26  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Thursday! Long-term Goals

Hello Jewels,

OK, Thursday we talk about our Long-term Goals. I guess my long-term goal is to be healthy. I want to lose the weight for me, to feel great, to like who I see in the mirror, to feel good in my own skin, but ultimately to be healthy.

It's just that sometimes, like today when my pants feel to tight, and I feel icky, that the road seems very long...
Old 06-02-2003, 03:14 PM   #27  

Hello Ladies!

How is everyone? Its getting quiet around here again???? I had kind of a rough weekend but ready to jump back in the game. It was the milk duds and popcorn at the movies! If I go with dh I take fruit and I am fine because we usually don't get popcorn or if we do its a small. Or at least we don't get candy and popcorn. I practically horded the milk dud all to myself. My ds was like I want some candy. I was like "what candy? just eat your popcorn!" LOL! I am not going to let it get me down though. I rode my bike today and will walk tonight!

I hope the rest of you had an OP weekend!

Beth
Old 06-04-2003, 02:33 PM   #28  

Hello Ladies!

Where is everyone??? I am not alone in here am I? I have been doing okay. I will be anxious to see what the scale says tommorrow. I hope you all are doing well and hope to here from you soon!

Beth
Old 06-05-2003, 01:23 AM   #29  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Hello Jewels,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been thinking about it everyday, just getting the time has been the problem.

The school year just ended for my oldest girl so I had a party to attend there (I'm homeroom hero), plus award ceremonies for the kids, mine got a certificate for perfect attendance, I had to be there for that. Plus she has dance and there fixing to have their big recital. So theres been her classes and pictures and rehearsel is this Friday and on Saturday the recital.

To top it all off I've got a cold this week, which makes it hard to concentrate on everything. I'm also in the final week of my CSS class so I'm trying to get that done before Friday as well. Plus keep the house clean and the kids entertained. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself right now, got to be the cold.

Anyway, I haven't done much in the way of losing weight. I still think about it everyday but just haven't done anything yet. The quit smoking thing isn't going well either. I wish there was a support group here in my town that I could join but there isn't, maybe I can start one, but I don't know when I would have the time.

I'm thinking about WW also at least thats available here. Might help to have more support on that front too.

I guess thats about it for now, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here.

Angel
Old 06-05-2003, 04:06 AM   #30  

Well ladies, I'm still around too. Just busy. One of my classes is about to start up and my hubby's business has been going really well. Anyway, I'll post more another time. Just letting you know I'm still alive and kicking.

Closed Thread