Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #166  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Finally down a bit after 3 weeks 149.4 lost about .5 pounds.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #167  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
Stars--How awesome that you bumped this thread! I have missed it too! I think it needs a re-name perhaps though, considering that the weight range just doesn't fit. We can keep going with this one or start a new one with another name. What do you think? I am super duper impressed with your progress! Wow? I'm guessing you are just a shadow of your former self these days. I hope you are feeling great and I look forward to catching up.

Oh gosh, that's a good idea to create a new board name. But, you are at the top of the board so that's up to you
I am really happy about my progress. I weighed today and it said 125.4 and went down to 124.8. I keep on changing my goal weight. I think I want to go down to 110 lbs now, lol. My original goal weight was 120 lbs because that's the highest I would let myself get before I stopped working and became a stay at home mom. I think I should just leave a "?" at my goal weight haha! I think when I fit into my wedding ring, then I will call it goal. It's a size 3, and right now I can wear a size 4 on that finger.

Anyway, I hope I can be successful as you and reach my goal weight. I wish I knew what type of diet you are on because I am so back and forth with different plans, not fun lol. Can you tell me how you did it?

Last edited by Stars; 05-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #168  
Almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstalksalot View Post
Stars thanks for bumping this thread. Congratulations on your progress. I am moving my goal too. Kind of a funny thing aiming for a moving target. " hit goal, yeah never mind".
Thank you! Yeah, I hear ya, my goal is moving further and further away, haha ! I keep changing it, I think I want to head to 110 lbs now lol
I think I will leave "?" in the goal spot under my avatar.

Last edited by Stars; 05-02-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #169  

I'm hopping into this thread since I've been struggling with the
170/160/150's for the past 10 years!! Waahh!! Time to finally kick those numbers to the curb, once and for all!!
lollipops4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Lollipops4two and AlanOliver--Welcome! Alan, I hope we don't scare you away because we are all ladies. You'll encounter the occasional TOM talk here, but if you can hang with that you'll be golden.

Dstalkalot--Great to see you back! I bounced around for months in the low 150's! It drove me crazy. I finally started to move again when I slightly reduced my calories and started weight lifting. Since I did both at the same time, I'm not sure which one caused the plateau to bust or if it was both together. Those last pounds are pesky, aren't they? Congrats on your recent losses, no matter how modest they are. You are still losing, which means that what you are doing is working. Can you talk more about your calorie cycling? I would like to hear more about what you do and how it works for you. What do you see as the pluses and minuses of doing it?

Hi Stars--Congrats on the new low. You are going to be teensy tiny at 110! It sounds like you were previously pretty little, so it ought to look good on you. It just sounds so low to me. I like your idea of the ring. I would definitely put that kind of goal before a number on the scale.

I lost all of my weight by calorie counting. I've used an app along. At first it was LoseIt! Since January, it has been MFP. I don't count any other macros. No foods have been off limits, as long as the fit in the daily calorie budget. My diet has gotten a lot healthier out of necessity with eating fewer calories. This has meant far more fruits and vegetables and far fewer calorie dense foods such as junk food and alcohol. Overall, my diet is really varied and healthy these days, with occasional splurges here and there. I've also been exercising on average 3 days a week and do allow myself to eat back the exercise calories estimated by MFP.

Now that I'm trying to maintain, I'm still experimenting. Theoretically, I'm going to try to keep my weight below my red line number (haven't decided that yet, ha!) and stay within a 5 pound range. I don't feel a need to gain back the extra pounds I recently lost since they easily fit into the range I'm ok with. For now, I'm going to increase my calories by 100 each week until I seem to stabilize. That's my strategy for now. I definitely welcome anyone's ideas.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #171  

Thanks for the encouragement!
I have been cycling since I started about a year and a half ago. Currently I do one low 1100 day a week and one higher day at around1800. No exact dates, but weekly average per day is 1450-1500. I try to eat very minimally or my low day. Its a drag , but I just tell my self I can have " whatever" the next day. It seems to work and I like the versatility. I imagine I will carry this into maintaining. I am also watvhing carbs too a bit.

For the last bit of weight loss I may need to go down a bit in my average.....but I don't know if its worth it....I feel like I am in a happy spot food wise around 1500. Hoping to kick my butt in gear with more activity.

Last edited by dstalksalot; 05-03-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #172  

I just finished some housecleaning in preparation for a relatively work free weekend. I'm feeling guilty because I really should have lifted weights either last night or tonight and opted out both days. I need to get it done tomorrow. Friday nights I have been having a free meal, which I had tonight. So nice. The only problem is that I'm going out again tomorrow night too. I think I will skip breakfast to make up for at least some of the extra calories. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Thanks Dstalksalot for your opinion on cycling! I like the idea in case you blow it one day, or are in a situation like mine where you know you are having a few higher calorie days.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see this thread bumped.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm doing well, I've been at 150.0, my body is hanging onto the 150's for dear life! LOL, very soon I'll be in the 140's. My goal is to be at 142 for my bff's wedding in 6 weeks!

We'll be having a busy weekend, outings with the kids, etc. My hubby is currently #1 on call, so if we're out somewhere he may have to drop everything and head out to the airport. When he is #1, we'll probably have to start going places in two vehicles so that he can leave and go to work. He just officially started the Medevac contract on May 01, so this is something new that we'll have to get used to. We do get a lot more family time though, so so far, I'm happy with his new schedule.

What is everyone up to this weekend?
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #174  
Almost there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post

Hi Stars--Congrats on the new low. You are going to be teensy tiny at 110! It sounds like you were previously pretty little, so it ought to look good on you. It just sounds so low to me. I like your idea of the ring. I would definitely put that kind of goal before a number on the scale.

I lost all of my weight by calorie counting. I've used an app along. At first it was LoseIt! Since January, it has been MFP. I don't count any other macros. No foods have been off limits, as long as the fit in the daily calorie budget. My diet has gotten a lot healthier out of necessity with eating fewer calories. This has meant far more fruits and vegetables and far fewer calorie dense foods such as junk food and alcohol. Overall, my diet is really varied and healthy these days, with occasional splurges here and there. I've also been exercising on average 3 days a week and do allow myself to eat back the exercise calories estimated by MFP.

Now that I'm trying to maintain, I'm still experimenting. Theoretically, I'm going to try to keep my weight below my red line number (haven't decided that yet, ha!) and stay within a 5 pound range. I don't feel a need to gain back the extra pounds I recently lost since they easily fit into the range I'm ok with. For now, I'm going to increase my calories by 100 each week until I seem to stabilize. That's my strategy for now. I definitely welcome anyone's ideas.
When I was working, I would never let myself get over 120 lbs. I felt best at 110. But now that I had a son and got older, I think my body has changed to the point where I can look thin at a higher weight. At 125, I don't look fat at all in clothes but the problem is out of clothes, lol!

I got to check out MFP, I jump from diet plan to diet plan and I don't think I have ever followed a diet plan properly. I really don't know how to eat properly or how many calories to have to lose. I restrict calories too low I think. I constantly jump from plan to plan. I always count calories though.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

149.6 this morning!
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 AM   #176  
Almost there!

congrats CleverName!

Hi all, checking in.

124.2 was the highest today. The scale fluctuated down to 123.6 but I always take the highest given as the most accurate.

Very excited that I am almost at my original goal weight!

Last edited by Stars; 05-05-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #177  

Congrats CeleverName and Stars! It's nice to see new lows.

I've been having a nice weekend. I got to watch my son play in two sports games yesterday and the weather was beautiful. My in-laws also came over. As planned, ate out both Friday and Saturday nights. My son just came into our bedroom and asked for doughnuts. My hubby is going to get them. Ugh. And we are going to the movies later to see Ironman where I know we will have popcorn. This kind of stuff is okay once in a while, but not three days in a row. And not twice in one day! That balancing act of enjoying life and eating well is so tricky. On the bright side, I lifted weights yesterday and then did two hours of yard work. I'm certain that won't make up for all the extra calories though.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #178  

^^ Can you air pop some and put it in your bag? I have been using coconut oil to pop mine on the stove. So much better. For 100 I get some good coconut oil fat and a couple of cups of popcorn. YUMMY!!

I am doing ok. went down about a pound after 3 weeks. 149.2 now. I want to stop now pretty much, but I have fat still and want to scratch my way to 145 as a low if I can. Not sure if its the vanity fat that every one has or the "I need to get rid of this" fat that causes health issues and cosmetic issues with clothing.

Last edited by dstalksalot; 05-05-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #179  
Almost there!

Everyone is doing great on this board. Congrats dstalksalot, you are doing amazing!

moving forward, that popcorn idea sounds good. I haven't had popcorn in years. Speaking of in laws, I am seeing my mother in law next week. Well, that's what's in the works. Haven't seen her in years. We don't get along. We were supposed to meet up in Jan. She canceled 3 of the 4 times we had plans. The one time I canceled was when ds was sick. In the end, it worked out great, it allowed me more time to lose weight. I am so glad I lost the weight I wanted before seeing her.

I weighed in today at 123.6! I am doing carb cycling. Sorta. Well, my own version of carb cycling and I noticed my weight loss is speeding up a bit. I am 3.6 lbs away from my original goal weight!

Last edited by Stars; 05-06-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: I always think of more things to add after I post lol
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #180  

Evening ladies!

Dstalksalot--Yay for going down a pound! I hated being stuck at 250. So funny that seems like ancient history to me now. But at the time it was so frustrating. I only wish I had seen your popcorn suggestion before going to the movies! I ate the real deal, no butter, in moderation. I shared a small with my hubby and made sure he ate his fair share of it. Thanks for the idea though. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Stars--Congrats are for sure in order! Your loss is great. I have a close relative who I feel similarly about. I can relate! I love love love that you are going to look great when you see you mother-in-law! Make sure to wear something form fitting that shows off your new hot bod. .

I'm typing this message as I soak in a hot bath that I earned after a 2 hour workout. I'm still following along with NROLW and the workouts are taking anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours these days. I really have to plan for them. I think the structure is good for me because there is NO way I would push myself this hard on my own.

I really went over my calories Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When I woke up this morning I braced myself by reminding myself that the scale doesn't like. To my surprise, it held steady with no noticeable gain! I'm wondering if I got away with something, or if I'll get the smack down tomorrow morning. Or maybe I sped up my metabolism by eating more? I'm so confused! Since all of those extra calories were out at restaurants/movie theatres, I don't even know what I ate. So far, figuring out maintainence calories is hard.

Take care!