Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #46  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
So, after a health scare, I got my act together. for one full year I just plugged along. I was doing great. This past year all I needed to do was work on fitness and drop the last few pounds. I was getting there, but then from May to December is was up and down and up and down with injuries, hectic schedule, vacations, and ending it all with holidays. I ended the year at 195 after getting to 165 in April.

I could easily give up. It's not working, right? It's too hard, right?

No... I got lazy with my eating. I gave into the carb monster that wreaks havoc on my system (and my head). I know what I need to do and I will do it again (and again and again if need be).
THIS! IS. EXACTLY. WHAT. HAPPENED. TO ME! - I mean, down to the very last syllable! Except my weight was 153 in May, and now I'm back up to 166. Thirteen pounds may not seem like a lot to some folks, but it's the death spiral for me. I remember a few months ago when I came on here lamenting that I had gained "5 pounds" and everyone was so supportive and sweet with their "it's ONLY 5 pounds! be glad it's not 25 or 50..." well, it's those first few pounds that lead to the 25, 50, 100 lb gains, isn't it? And yeah, I knew it while it was happening... got "lazy" with my eating, just like you said Melissa!! Giving in to the carb monster IN ADDITION to slacking on my exercise, and now here I am... belly all bloaty, bat wings a'swing'n, butt drooping, cellulite .... celluliting... ugh. I'm angry at myself. Fed up! (what a horrible pun!) But ready to charge like a bull thru it YET AGAIN. Because my motto? NEVER. GIVE. UP. Yo-yo dieting is not good, but it's better than not dieting, not losing weight at all. So I won't quit trying. No matter how many "breaks" I feel like I need to take. No matter how many different ways I approach the fat loss battle, no matter how many desserts I choose to pass up... WHY? Cause as my mama always used to say "Can't never could" - if you say you CAN'T do it, well then, you never could do it. And I'm a fighter. So I will fight. Again.

Quote:
So... don't think of it as an option to give up. If you were to do so, where would you be in a year? five years? Does it look pretty for your appearance or your health? probably not.
Yup, this too!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #47  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Sorry you can commiserate Beach Patrol -but 13 pounds is doable - you just have to DO IT. And you know you CAN! Because you have in the past! Now DO IT!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-15-2013 at 02:49 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Your replies have been so helpful! The quotes have stuck in my mind, and your stories have helped me feel more motivated!

I have not quit, and actually "want" to get out and walk, even though I have the pain. I may need to clarify that. I have fibromyalgia that I am NOT being treated for, by choice. I want to be medication free, so I have been suffering through it. It is incredibly hard on me, but my body has felt much better since getting off all my fibro, depression, and anxiety meds.

The other cause of pain is my right hip/leg, which is a constant reminder of a very old horse back riding (or bucking off!) injury I sustained.

I also added My Fitness Pal to my phone and I can't thank y'all enough for that recommendation! How convenient, easy to use and helpful! I am happily plugging in everything that enters my mouth and my physical activity. (Just out of curiousity, the MFP calorie burn for my activity is waaaay lower that my Endomondo calorie burn for the same activity. Which is more accurate??)

I have some hand weights that I would like to start incorporating. I am considering adding a session in today to see how it goes. They are 10 pounders so I am not sure how far I will get, any may have to invest in some lighter weights.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote