Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #16  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I had an IUD for years and didn't have a TOM but when I started tracking my weight every day a couple years ago, I noticed a monthly weight gain pattern. I think your body does still go through the hormonal water weight thing. Just keep on keepin' on and I bet you see a whoosh really soon! You might try tracking your daily weight on something and see if a pattern like that exists for you.

Also, I've found that certain foods make me retain water more than others, so even staying in my calorie level can have that effect. You might try to drop the carbs for a few days and see if it changes anything.

Mostly, I have come to the conclusion that I might as well be stepping on a Magic 8 ball every morning. I feel SO OFTEN like I have NO CONTROL over what it's going to say. That's when I go back to focusing on what I do have control over - and that's my behaviors, not the outcomes. Eventually, you are not an exception of modern science, the weight will come off. Hang in there!!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I am currently doing IP and I lost TOM now completely after several weeks of irregularities. However, I still bloat and gain water weight like before. So, it can definitely happen.

I also experienced a 3 month period this summer where weight loss came to a complete halt. I actually gained a couple of pounds like you. What kept me going during this time is to mix up my exercises. I started doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, which is a toning workout. It did magic to my body and encouraged me to go on no matter what. Before that I worked myself up from 30-day shred (just 30 min but very effective!) to Boost your Metabolism (cardio, best for my weight loss). I have found that I not only feel a lot better working out, but I also loose a lot of inches and get definition even though the scale does not move. At home workouts are very inexpensive and convenient and may give you an idea about what works for you before you invest in a gym.

As for the plateau, I found that lowering carbs finally got me out of it. It appears that mixing up the way you eat and exercise often gets your body moving again in the right direction. Just stay determined and change things around a bit for a while (keep notes!). Weight loss will eventually happen again. In the 10 weeks since overcoming my plateau, I lost 24 lbs.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #18  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

So basically I am hanging around at 215 now, which is where I was before I was exercising a few weeks ago. Tape measure is pretty much the same where I lost a couple inches all over. It's strange, I can tell my body is starting to 'harden up' the fat again now that I stopped exercising, my fat turns squishy if I am losing.

I am going back to the gym next week so that should fix my issue. I always burn at least 200 there so maybe I just need help with my deficit and a metabolism boost. I'll post again after a week at the gym to show results.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #19  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubunny View Post
So basically I am hanging around at 215 now, which is where I was before I was exercising a few weeks ago. Tape measure is pretty much the same where I lost a couple inches all over. It's strange, I can tell my body is starting to 'harden up' the fat again now that I stopped exercising, my fat turns squishy if I am losing.

I am going back to the gym next week so that should fix my issue. I always burn at least 200 there so maybe I just need help with my deficit and a metabolism boost. I'll post again after a week at the gym to show results.
I feel for you Schubunny. I have had the same problem and I'm watching all my foods as well. I just think there are some of us who have bigger struggles. Just don't give up. I know we will get under the stubborn #s.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote