Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:41 AM   #76  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I just went for a walk in the rain. hehe. To **** with it I would have been sweaty anyway. I took Rebel and Candi and boy oh boy weren't they happy. I dropped Candi off at the house after the first trip around because I know she wouldn't have done the full 3 miles and I didn't want to carry her fat little *** up the hill. It made me feel better to get some fresh air. It is so weird how I can become totally obsessive about exercise and get pissed if I can't do it the way I want. Maybe I am just a big baby.

I'm glad Chris is happy. I hope everything works out for her. I haven't heard from her myself.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:47 AM   #77  

Angie I think it is cool that you can walk inthte rain up there. I think if we tried down here we would become a statistic. There is always so much lighting with our rain storms. The warm gulf air is to blame for all of that.

I have to say that it feels pretty good outside right now though. The humidity is only 75% so we can breath pretty well. I didn't feel so bad for Echo putting her outside this morning.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:53 AM   #78  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I hate lightning. I swear every year we get one huge storm that sits right on top of our house. It scares me so bad. Picture us all sitting there and I am more scared than the kids.

How do your pets handle the humidity? Candi looked like she was going to die all last summer in our heat and I don't think Our humidity is even half of what you get. You must have an air conditioner for your whole house don't you? I am going to get one for my bedroom this year because the dogs sleep in there and they pant so loud now I can just imagint this summer.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:13 AM   #79  

Oh yeah, the whole house is covered in it. There are very few people down here that don't have central AC. If they don't heve central they have a window unit in just about every room. I grew up in an old house that didn't have central air and we would have a fan in every door way pointed at the next one trying to get the air to circulate. Those where some miserable summers.

The animals usually hang out on the covered patio right out of the back door. Or, I will leave to garage door open when we are home and they hang out in there on the cool cement. They aren't stupid though, in the middle of the day I can't kick the cats out of the house. They know it feels better inside.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #80  

Hi girls,
I'm here. Just been in a weird funky kind of mood. The food is still good, the exercise needs work. But anyway, the financial stresses got me down and I got stuck there. But everything is better now. We got paid for some traps that hubby was selling so that puts us back ahead of the game for a while anyway.
Angie, is it raining there today? It is here, well just drizzley now. I can't wait for the sun to come back out and shine. But I know this summer we will be like "I wish it would rain and cool things down a bit" never happy!! We have air conditioning in the living room and it seems to handle the livingroom and kitchen. I think we are gonna put one in our bedroom this year too and that should handle the house? Who knows, I hope so though. We have a raised ranch house, so sometimes in the summer we all just congrigate in the cellar, cause the cement walls and floor seem to keep it cool down there.
Moms day was good, we ended up going over to Hubbys grandmas and helping with the yard work and gardening. There was about 25 - 30 of us there and we decided to make a spaggetti dinner/ it was great.....all family and a good time.

Okay, gonna run and chat with you all later...have a nice day...Well Noelle, GOOD MORNING TO YOU....MUST BE ALL OF 8:00 AM? LOL.....
Old 05-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #81  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sandy, I have been in a funky mood too. I think for me it is because of the rain. When does the summer money start to roll in for you guys? I was telling Jay that we have so much in common. We have to pay all the bills we can during the summer to try to get through the winters too. Wouldn't it be great to have summer money all year round? I would be sittin pretty then. We didn't get as prepared for this winter as we should have so it was pretty miserable to keep caught up. We would have been sunk if we had been hit hard with taxes that's for sure. I am very thankful for that. I am going to get rid of my big credit card this summer and cut it up and tell them to shove it. Oh and prepay for my oil. I usually do that but last winter we paid more than the people who pay cash so we didn't bother this year. It is definately a big load off to have all the oil paid ahead.

Glad you had a great Mothers Day.

Kempy, I just read your journal. C'mon girl, we can do this! I am here for you to lean on. I don't know what to tell you but you did it once and I know you can do it again. Planning my weeks meals ahead helps me alot. This way I know what I am having to eat before I get hungry, if that helps any.

Well girls, I need to go wrap some pastries. I will check back in a few.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:45 PM   #82  

Thanks Angie! I don't know what is wrong with me these past couple of weeks. I thought it was getting of of the meds but I started to take St. John's Wort so I thought that would go away. Maybe I am not taking enough of it. I just feel yucky. I don't know how else to describe it. I feel yucky all over even inside. Does that make any sense?

What do you mean you have to buy oil? Is that a northern thing?
Old 05-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #83  

Angie: Summer money starts usually the week of 4th of July, thats usually the first big check for hubby for lobstering. We usually lock in on a price for the oil. We have never pre paid cause you have to pre pay for so much of it and we do have wood heat too? So anyway we usually get the winter oil bill paid off by August then we lock in on some price for the following winter~~does that make sense? Hope so.

Kempy: you crack me up??? I'm sure down there you all don't use heating oil right? Maybe gas heat or do you even need heat? LOL, up here we need everything.....wood, oil, air conditioning...LOL don't that just beat all.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:55 PM   #84  

Talking A FUNNY I GOT IN E MAIL

RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the
rules from the male side. Please note:
# 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up,
put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us
complaining about you leaving it down.

# 2. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

# 3. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

# 4. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it
that way.

# 5. Crying is blackmail.

# 6. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints
do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just
say it! We'll get it for you, but just LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!

# 7. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on the
calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

# 8. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be
any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

# 9. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
question. Please pick one.

#10 . Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

# 11. A headache that lasts for seventeen months is a problem. See a doctor.

# 12. Let us know about that funny noise in your car engine as soon as
you hear it.

# 13. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.
# 14. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect
us to act like soap opera guys.

# 15. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We
refuse to answer, but still love you.

# 16. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

# 17. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
commercials.

# 18. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do
we.

# 19. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two
months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

# 20. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what Mauve is

# 21. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

# 22. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of
mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

#23. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

# 24. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an
answer you don't want to hear.

# 25. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is
fine. Really, you look fine!!!

# 26. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz
together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

# 27. Football is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

# 28. I AM in shape. ROUND is a shape

Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch
tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:38 PM   #85  

Hey everybody....

How are all of you? I'm doing pretty good. Tried those Walk Away the Pounds video today (the 3 mile one) and I loved it. It was actually pretty fun. I think I might do the 3 mile one later. It goes by so fast. They will be great to do when it's raining or if it's really hot. Gto them from the library, so they have to go back in a week.

Angie: You are doing so good. I wish I was into exercising as much as you are.

Kempy: Isn't central air the best. We have it here too, for when it gets unbearable. I think we'll be turning it on by the end of the month. But here we also have a humidifier installed into it to actually put some moisture in the air while it cools down.

Sandy: Those were cute. I've heard them before. the school I was going to was all guys and they all seemed to have a copy of them. They said it was their rules. I myself still thing that it should be our way or no way.

Noelle: How ya doing? Do you know how far behind Mountain Time Hawaii is.

Anyway.....Hope you are all having a good night. Talk to you all later. Take Care!!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 08:05 AM   #86  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sandy, Those were so true. Especially number 6 that is Jay to a T.

I had a mini binge last night and I have no idea why. I was perfect all day and then 8:00 came and I had....AHEM....1 popsicle,2 fudgesicles and 2 bowls of Reeses Puffs cereal and then I ate straight out of the box. It didn't affect my weight because I am still up a pound but I need to get a grip.

Jay had to go buy new donut boxes this morning so I guess it will be just me and booboo walking this morning.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:14 AM   #87  

Hey Everyone,
I'm trying to be cheery here but the sun has not shown here in so long it seems like forever now. It's raining yet again this a.m. But Mr. Manix on the news says that we are gonna have a stretch of sunny days here after this bad one. We will see? Is it raining up there Angie? Good for you walking in the rain, what a trooper you are.

I'm at work today, so I will pop in again later....hugs to all.

Noelle: Its like, um, let me seeeeeee, um, (cough-cough)3:15 am there? Where are you????LOL just kidding.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:39 AM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Nope no rain up here this morning....YET. I am so sick of it too. I can't wait until the sun comes back out. I just took BooBoo(Rebel) for a 3 mile walk and sweated my butt off. Now to find something to do besides eat until lunch. I am so into wanting to eat right now. Not from hunger but I don't know what it is, just intense cravings I guess.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #89  

I don't think I have ever owned a humidifier. SOme people when we give them a tour f the gym ask why we don't have a steam room and I tell them that we live in a steam room why would we put one in the gym. All they have to do is walk outside.

We are having all of the sun down here. Although the UPS guy told me to be happy I was inside today b/c of the humidity. I usually never walk outside of the building until I leave in the evenings. I know that is terrible but I have everything here.

Angie don't beat yourself up about the food. You know that you will get right back on track. You seem to be the one that yanks all of us back into shape.

Joe is bringing me a journal home today so I can start to keep a log of everything that I am doing. I want to take measurements and do my bodyfat too so I can look at the numbers all of the time. Maybe that will help me. I do seem to be in a better mood today. No reason for the change I just woke up better. I wonder if I was because Joe was home last night so I wasn't be myself.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:04 PM   #90  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals, I'm a bit busy right now...I've got a sick kid on my hands and my dad's out of town so no day time sitter...so I'm trying to do some work out of home (yuck!). Anyway, I'm still around and lurking, just haven't had time to post much. I'll swing by later when my mom gets home and I can escape to my office for some peace and quiet!
Closed Thread