Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/110

Height: 5'4"

Pinkflakes - I'm praying for your daughter.

Well I've lost 8 pounds since I started my weight loss journey on the 2nd. I know a lot of it is water weight. I've cut WAY back on my salt intake. I used to eat a disgusting amount of salt. I've also cut back on carbs and increased protein and fiber. And of course have been measuring everything and lowered my calories to a healthy range. I'm happy to report that I'm no longer starving all day long and haven't fallen off - not even once - even though I really, really wanted to.
free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

Snowflakes... I will pray for your daughter.

Everyone... great job!

I stayed on plan yesterday. and so far today. it's not so bad.
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #228  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks for all the prayers. We find out the test results tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a great day
pinkflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #229  
Warrior Princess

Pink, I hope all tests turn out ok.

I'm in a funk, again...

I didn't tell anyone yet but I had an exciting job interview set for this morning at 9am. I was super excited thinking "this is it", this is the ray of hope I have been waiting for. Perfect hours and location - my dream job. They called last night to tell me they filled the position just yesterday. I was devistated. I didn't even get a chance to interview and it was only hours away. So now I'm back to square one after a year of searching. Just unreal. I should've called into work to get to this interview faster but I wanted to do the right thing....see where that got me?

So I went to the gym today and ran 4 miles for the first time in weeks after being sick for what seemed to be an eternity. I was on a mission.

Of course yesterday was yet another work b-day party, so I'm nice and bloated too to top things off. I really wish they stopped feeling the need to throw a buffet everytime someone has a birthday. I think a card and cake is sufficient like we used to do. We have a co-worker that feels the need to make everything a big spectacle...special interests in mind I'm sure. Every office has one of these people.

Be back later. I have to get my son from school.

Last edited by novangel; 01-09-2013 at 04:23 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon! My 2 year old and I took advantage of the warmer weather and walked for 2 hours on the boardwalk at the beach. LOL, it was rather slow but we had a good time. As much as I don't like the heat of summer, I do miss all the outside stuff we get to do every day.

I'm going to request some "don't binge" vibes for me later this week. My son is pretty behind in speech (he talks some, just not as much as he should be) and I'm having him evaluated by our Early Intervention program on Friday. I am not at all in denial about his speech, but have gotten tired of waiting it out like I keep being encouraged to do by family, friends, and his pediatrician. I don't anticipate being told anything I don't already know, but stress = binging for me and this is kind of stressful. I'm doing so well and I don't want this to derail me.

I hope everyone is having a lovely afternoon! Pinkflakes, I hope the test results are good news!
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #231  
Warrior Princess

Smile

I got tired of having a ticker that moves too slow so I made one that will move much faster. My first goal is 1,000 miles this year.

ETA: I've done a few more miles but I got a late/weak start from when I was sick so I will just start counting from today on.

Last edited by novangel; 01-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #232  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Mamakat Good job on your walk in New Haven. That had to hard with the hip/leg situation. I really enjoyed the dinner at Applebee's and will order it again. They have another new chicken dinner that I was going to order. The waitress said it tastes very good but the portion is a lot smaller. You know me, that ain't gonna work! I am all about getting full and volume! Maybe I will try it another day.

Amarantha Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope it's not the flu. It seems like everyone has something right now. Feel better.

Lovedancelive Do you think an over the counter sleep aid would help until you adjust? Or maybe some melatonin?

Krissy I really enjoyed the Applebee's dinner. I found it very satisifying and I'm a big eater. There's always the chance that they gave me more food and it was really 1000 calories. That would be my luck. I hope you had a good day.

Radiojane Congrats on the 1.8 pounds and the NSV! Love those little things that make life so much easier. Other people don't understand and/appreciate these things. We do! Keep up the great work. Not sure about the gas. Maybe the broccoli caused it. Sometimes our regular foods can react differently, depending on what going on with our body.

Moondance Thank you. Good job on day 2! Keep it up and build on it.

Free Good job on the progress you are making.

NJChick Great job sticking with your plan.

Novangel Sorry to hear about the job situation. I love the idea of the new ticker and new motivation!

Emurph I hope the evaluation goes well for your DS. Sending good vibes your way that you stay strong. I will talk to myself when I am feeling weak. I mean really talk my way though it. It may sound crazy but it does work. I will literally ask myself "is eating this going to fix this problem?" Good luck.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

I caught the flu last night and so I'm just focused on getting better.

I hope everyone here is doing alright and won't catch it!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Can i join with you here? .....Instead of talking about what i did this day everywhere else i mean? ......Hi everyone....i am new and struggling, but i think i might have a chance this time.
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #235  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Novangel Sorry to hear about the job situation.
Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about it.

I can't decide if it's the norm or a crappy thing to do to cancel someone's interview (that they knew I was excited about) just hours before. I mean, couldn't they have given me a fair chance by letting me interview and then made a final decision? Would a few more hours have killed them?

I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. I just need to move on to the next plan.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #236  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellemphriem View Post
Can i join with you here? .....Instead of talking about what i did this day everywhere else i mean? ......Hi everyone....i am new and struggling, but i think i might have a chance this time.

racrane, feel better soon.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #237  
Proud Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Pink, I hope all tests turn out ok.

I'm in a funk, again...

I didn't tell anyone yet but I had an exciting job interview set for this morning at 9am. I was super excited thinking "this is it", this is the ray of hope I have been waiting for. Perfect hours and location - my dream job. They called last night to tell me they filled the position just yesterday. I was devistated. I didn't even get a chance to interview and it was only hours away. So now I'm back to square one after a year of searching. Just unreal. I should've called into work to get to this interview faster but I wanted to do the right thing....see where that got me?

So I went to the gym today and ran 4 miles for the first time in weeks after being sick for what seemed to be an eternity. I was on a mission.

Of course yesterday was yet another work b-day party, so I'm nice and bloated too to top things off. I really wish they stopped feeling the need to throw a buffet everytime someone has a birthday. I think a card and cake is sufficient like we used to do. We have a co-worker that feels the need to make everything a big spectacle...special interests in mind I'm sure. Every office has one of these people.

Be back later. I have to get my son from school.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the job. That really blows. I hope you find something even better
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #238  
Proud Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by emurph View Post
Good afternoon! My 2 year old and I took advantage of the warmer weather and walked for 2 hours on the boardwalk at the beach. LOL, it was rather slow but we had a good time. As much as I don't like the heat of summer, I do miss all the outside stuff we get to do every day.

I'm going to request some "don't binge" vibes for me later this week. My son is pretty behind in speech (he talks some, just not as much as he should be) and I'm having him evaluated by our Early Intervention program on Friday. I am not at all in denial about his speech, but have gotten tired of waiting it out like I keep being encouraged to do by family, friends, and his pediatrician. I don't anticipate being told anything I don't already know, but stress = binging for me and this is kind of stressful. I'm doing so well and I don't want this to derail me.

I hope everyone is having a lovely afternoon! Pinkflakes, I hope the test results are good news!
We are going have warm weather this weekend and I am SO excited

My daughter had some speech problems at a younger age...she is now 14 and MUCH better ...good luck
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #239  
Proud Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellemphriem View Post
Welcome!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lovedancelive Do you think an over the counter sleep aid would help until you adjust? Or maybe some melatonin?
I tried taking this: http://www.amazon.com/Unisom-Natural...dp/B0074395UM/

It's not getting very good reviews which I didn't know when I bought it. I've tried it twice now but I don't think it made a difference. I'll try it one more time and if it doesn't help, I may have to see about returning it if I can.

Regular Unisom doesn't help because I wake up feeling groggy anyways. More so than if I just hadn't slept enough.

I think I have a few melatonin tablets left, I can try one of those as well.

I don't know why my body is being so stubborn.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote