Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down CINCO de MAYO

HAPPY CINCO de MAYO LADIES--

It is pretty much an excuse to party here in Southern California. I work with alot of Mexicans and some are very good friends-- they really get a kick out of the gringos celebrating this holiday-- which is not all that important to them-- it was a battle they won against heavy odds vs. the French, they did however lose the war. They are coming around though To be honest I have never celebrated it until this year when we were looking for a new idea to socialize at church.

WOW-- is my wife going to be so happy with me-- I had another day off so this time I worked inside the house. I scrubbed the shower, bathroom floors, dining room floor, vacumed the master bedroom, hall, livingroom and stairs-- completly scrubbed the bathroom sinks, mirrors, etc. Dusted and polished the livingroom and furniture-- polished the dining room set AND cleaned the windows on the inside-- am I ever pooped! Oh yea-- I also have Chili Colorado cooking on the stove.

Just got off the X-trainer-- I am trying to increase my mileage since I am not losing any weight. I did 4 miles and 500 calories today-- I was still on it 35 minutes but I pushed myself a little harder. How are the rest of you doing on your exercise-- SAMI? SHERRY? I already know WILMA didn't walk You are gonna be sorry

WILMA-- Hey my wife will go with you to pick out colors--- she just loves to do that-- she is in the process know of changing (as she gets time) the house from bright semi-gloss ultra white to soft colors of beige, sage green, blues and yellows-- and I mean really soft-- to go with the new light beige carpet. It will be something she will do this summer when she is out of school-- she did a few rooms last summer. Oh and another thing-- She is a stencil freak
I like the topic of your sermon-- it is so easy to take our loved ones for granted and not truly see their hurts.
Yes I am getting good at planning parties-- actually delegating the duties I get that right as the chairman! This just means I have an extra meeting each month We all know who
the is-- my wife does a super job too. We are about finished with our 2 year term-- this is the 5th 2 year term I have served on this board at varios times. I also have been on the Board of Evangelism a couple of times-- This one is the Board of Christian Life-- what we do is try to have an activity once a month or twice every three months to get people together for fellowship-- sometimes we get alot- sometimes we don't. We just keep trying-- seems like people just don't use church much anymore for their "entertainment".
Of course you are a KEEPER-- remember not too long ago you were so worried about interviews and the new job? Funny now-wasn't then!! Isn't He wonderfull!!
Just keep trying on the walking-- takes time.

doitforme- You didn't say much on how things were going other than your work-- I hope it comes together soon with all the staffing problems. Sure sounds like you have a tough job- but certainly a worthy one!! I hope all is well with your family-- camping season is coming up for you!!

Well HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ZOE-- SAMI, SHERRY, danceforjoy,lilmoose,Joanne,BethG, come on back.

MICHELE-- How are you feeling today? Hope you are OK.

Well gotta stir the chili colorado-- take care of yourselves.

HE IS AWESOME-- Gary
Old 05-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #62  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all....

I have to be quick, i have to study for a test tomorrow in Kinesiology and I have an internet project due tomorrow, of which I haven't even started yet (but that's why i'm online....i'm starting it )

I thought about what you all said about the walk, that it shouldn't be over and you are right. I guess that's the way I think. OK, the walk's over, I don't have to do that anymore. But I should keep it as part of my routine and try to improve and that's what I'm going to do. Thanks!

Nothing great to report about my WOE.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #63  
Quit counting at 45!

I just wanted you all to know that I just came back from my walk. Yes, a walk!!!! It was a short one but I got out there. When I got back I worked in my flower beds a bit and got acquainted with my yard. I'm still not sure what's weeds and what's perennials.

It sounds like your wife has good taste, Gary!! I am planning different shades of taupe in the living room and master bedroom. The kitchen and foyer will be blue and our guest room will be a golden yellow. I just have a hard time picking out the right shade.

Gotta go! I plan on walking a bit farther tomorrow!!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #64  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello,

Gary, I'm actually feeling really good today. A little sore but not too bad. Aunt Flo came this a.m. so that was some of the discomfort (sorry, but you have a wife and daughters, so it shouldn't shock you )

I found this during my studying for my internet project and had to pass it on. It comes from www.ideafit.com

Fitness Tip - 10 Tricks for Sticking to It

Now you?re exercising again, and it feels great. Of course, it felt great last year, too, when you went to the gym every morning for almost the entire winter! If it feels so great, why do you keep quitting? You may be able to make your physical activity more consistent by using some of these tricks.

1. Start Looking at Exercise Differently. This is the big one, from my perspective, says James Gavin, PhD, sport psychologist and professor at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec. All movement is exercise. People need to give themselves more options. Take the dog for a walk, bike to the store, take five-minute stretch breaks. If you don?t count something as exercise unless it happens in the gym, goes on for 40 minutes or requires a shower afterward, you're missing some of your best opportunities to stay active.

2. Think Small. This advice can be hardest for people who expect the most from themselves. Why bother walking around the block when you should be running your usual four miles? Because when you don?t have time to do all four miles, a brisk hike can keep you from feeling that you?ve failed.

3. Set an Agenda. It helps to challenge yourself with a learning or performance agenda, says Gavin. Set a goal, such as increasing the speed, frequency or duration of your activity. Maybe it's time to train for a marathon--or take a walk up the hill in the backyard without getting winded. (It?s perfectly fine to think small for your performance agenda, too). Your trainer can help you determine appropriate goals.

4. Get off the Beaten Path. Have you ever tried snowboarding? Bowling? Swing dancing? Body surfing? Chi kung? How about reversing your power walk route? Exercising at a different time of day? Physical activity isn't boring, but how you participate in it can be.

5. Use Your Brain. The active mind needs to be engaged, says Gavin. If you're new to exercise, dissociate tactics, such as listening to music, watching TV or playing computer games may help you stick with it--but stay aware of sensations that could signal injury or overdoing it. As you become more experienced, associative strategies, such as focusing on your breath or concentrating on the movement of your body, can help you enjoy exercise more.

6. Get an Accountability Partner. Minneapolis lifestyle coach Kate Larsen suggests finding a friend, mentor or coach to keep you honest. You can either exercise with your partner, or simply check in with him or her to report your progress.

7. Plan to Stay Active. Don't decide in the moment if you can make the choice beforehand, says Larsen. Plan to park farther from the office and put your walking shoes in the car the night before. Plan to take that new yoga class next week, and call the babysitter now.

8.Face Your Fitness Foes. Does vacation throw your exercising schedule out of whack? Do projects at work overtake your activity time? Do injuries sideline you? Boredom? Fear of success? Fitness foes can be beaten once they've been identified. You can change your vacation style, set work limits, get guidance for injury-free activity, find new challenges, or face your fears with counseling and support.

9.Go Tribal. Even if you are introverted, the presence of others in your exercise environment can be motivating. We pick up on other people's energy, Gavin points out. We get into the tribal rhythms of being fully alive. Choose places and times to exercise where there will be other people who are actively involved in exercise.

10. Use a Script. We tell ourselves things like, Skipping this one little walk won't matter all that much, according to Larsen. Next time, be prepared with an answer for this excuse. Use images of past successful experiences to remind yourself of how good exercise makes you feel. Or repeat a simple phrase to yourself, such as, Every little bit makes a big difference. If you use planning, flexibility and imagination, you won't ever need to feel like a dropout again.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #65  
Quit counting at 45!

Those are all really great hints, Michele. For me it's just a matter of getting out there and doing it. Now that the weather is so beautiful we have no excuses. I plan to do 1 mile each day whether it's outside or inside. I know that's not the full 1/2 hour but it's a start and I feel so much better after doing it.

Have a great day!
Old 05-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #66  

Default I'm still here...

I wanted to make a quick post this morning just to say hi
and thank you all for your prayers and comments.
Wow, it does make a big difference to know that you are all out there and we are all in this together

I was surprised yesterday by a blanket of snow on my lawn outside. Well, typical for WY in May. Today is much warmer with a clear bright blue sky.

God is sooooooooooooo good!
Have a great day everybody, and I hope to post more often.
Keep up the good work, and remember that it is all worth it and that we are each worth it! We are precious in God's eyes, Jesus died for each of us and so we can live each day with hope and new life in Him! Never, never give up.

Love ya,
lilmoose
Old 05-06-2003, 11:51 AM   #67  

Angry Hi ya!

I am doing good- Thanks for asking E.Z. My team placed 5th in bowling out of 12 teams- I haven't been dieting-just trying to eat better- hard to plan with so much going on. Looking forward to camping of course, now weather is better hope to get more exercise- I cleaned off my neighbors porch for her, She asked me to help her pull up the old rugs ect. yuck, messy but looks much better now. You sound like a whirlwind guy. keep that pace up, you 'll be fit as a fiddle. Your party sounds like it was a good time. now what makes it chili colorado, how is it different then reg. chili?
Good Girl wilma- getting your walking in, taupe is a nice color- there are lots of assessories available with that - earth tones.
What kind of flowers do you plant? Mitchy- good luck on your internet project, hope all went well witht hat. Thanks for the tips for getting motivated/ and staying motivated. Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. See ya!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:28 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down TUESDAY

HI LADIES--

Real quick here as I just got home from Home Depot, had to pick up supplies for my job tomorrow. Now I have to clean the kitchen-- the wife is having teachers over on Thursday-- they have to get together off campus every so often and go through some kind of grading of tests or something- not sure what- but they enjoy coming here-- don't know why, our house is alot smaller than some of the others in the area. Must be the coffee I make them before I leave for work

doitforme- Great job on the bowling! Was it a money league? My brother in law and sister are very good bowlers-- they make money bowling in leagues. Nice of you to help your neighbor. It is hard to plan sometimes- great job on eating better-- that is the ticket-- calories in/calories out! Chili Colorado is made with (or at least the way I do it) stew beef, canned tomatoes, green chilies,onion, celery,a couple of beef bouillon cubes and a cup and half of water and a tablespoon of chili powder. After the onion, celery,beef and chilies are browned you add the rest and cook for 2-3 hours on the stove-- then serve over flour tortillas or rice.
Got a beef stew going in the crock-pot now-- really beefing it up this week I bought 5 pounds of stew beef at Costco and want to use it up.

WILMA Keep walking! Great job.

lilmoose- Glad to see you back

MICHELE- Glad you are feeling better- except for the ladies thing Actually around my house the girls are pretty good-- they have cramps from time to time of course but they are really good about not complaining-- we can tell though-- to be honest we have none of the "PMS" problems here-- we/ son and I- are lucky!

Well time to work-- catch all of you later--

HIS PEACE SURROUNDS US- Gary
Old 05-06-2003, 01:26 PM   #69  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm back.......

Hello friends ~

Well, the trip to Shreveport was fun. We stayed at The Isle of Carpi because it was the only thing available. We usually stay at Hollywood or Harrah's but with Cinco de Mayo, they had all sorts of things going on. I really should try to remember to make my reservations ahead of time for my anniversary since it's ON cinco de Mayo.....I won $300 on a slot machine. Yeah! On the way home, we stopped in the outlet mall so I spent it all. Ha.....

Hope you all had a great weekend. Today is my Monday and I'm sooooo tired. Talk to y'all later.

Me <><
Old 05-06-2003, 05:26 PM   #70  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I got my cap and gown today!!! It's really pretty exciting! And my Mother and Aunt will be here in a week! I am going to go in and get a pic done. If I get it on disc, i'll share it with you all...

Zoe, glad you had a good time in Shreveport and wow on the win! How fun to go to the outlet mall with fun money!

Sorry, i'm not good at individual posts right now. I have to check in and see how you all are, but i shouldn't be on here, there's too much to do.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:51 PM   #71  

Blessing today! I have been very tired the last few days so I have fallen asleep by 7pm! Monday I had a migraine so I took meds and went to bed by 5:00pm! Well I was good Sunday and keep my big mouth shut! I was surprised because I walked right past him and did even know him. Then we all walked up front and stood together and I didn't say a word. Afterward I kind of felt bad because I thought about it and of course my friend is bitter and I could see how that was hurting the kids. He did wrong but at some point there has to be healing and forgiveness because the kids are stuck in the middle. I want to talk to my friend about this please pray that when I do she will not feel like I am taking sides. All I thought about when I left sunday was two years ago I had anouther friend in the same boat her son wanted to live with his father and his Mom finally did and then his Dad wouldn't let him have much contact with his sister or Mom and he felt like he was stuck in the middled and he killed himself! Thank all of you for letting me vent you are great! I have to go now because I have to work out!!!!!! EZ I am doing it but it isn't easy for me yet!!!!!

The Lord Bless and keep you all!
Sami
Old 05-06-2003, 10:00 PM   #72  
Quit counting at 45!

Tonight I wanted to veg on the couch but I heard Gary reminding me to walk. So I did! I did a 1 mile tape because it looks like rain out there. I hope that in a couple of weeks I can move to the 2 mile one.

doitforme: I don't have much of an imagination for what to plant. I usually plant petunias because of their colour and low maintenance. I plan to visit the nurseries soon and pick up something different. They'll be in planters. Any ideas? I have 2 1/2 barrels on the patio and a few smaller white pots.

Well, gotta go! youngest DS is at my side waiting for the computer.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #73  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers!

I woke up very early this a.m. and I was very anxious. Started thinking about everything I have to do and it just overwhelmed me. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack and decided to stay home today and take care of me. I called in sick to work and here I am, studying for my 2 finals tomorrow and doing some work for my bible study which is tonight. It wasn't a good idea to have bible study tonight but oh well, i chose the date and I just couldn't cancel.

I also started getting a sinus headache yesterday so i'm trying to get rid of that. Using my neti pot w/warm salt water and that relieved some of the pressure this a.m.

You all must be busy right now, it's a little quiet....
Old 05-07-2003, 07:06 PM   #74  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

The bible study cancelled itself One of the girls father--in-law was heading to the hospital and she didn't know what was happening, a couple were too busy last minute, 1 had to work late, another was trying to finish her sewing job (she's a tailor), so i just canceled it. I'm glad too because i'm in a mood, very weepy and down and don't feel much like a leader right now

Went to the Dr. to get one of those lumps looked at that she shaved off in February and it still isn't healed. She said it was a type of cyst and so she froze it off. She also is re-checking my thyroid to see if i'm getting enough meds and I had an x-ray on my ankle. I dropped a flower container on my lower leg/ankle about 2 years ago and the lump is still there and now getting bigger? She said the bruise may have calcified but wants to make sure it's ok.

OK, have to study some more...
Old 05-07-2003, 10:55 PM   #75  
Quit counting at 45!

Where is everyone? I just wanted to let you know that I did another mile tonight. It's getting easier.

michele: I'm glad you made time for you today. Sometimes you just need to do that.

Good night!
Closed Thread