Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 08:56 AM   #91  

Default Good Morning All

Sherry,
I indentify with your afternoon heat problem here in Texas with the little ole' folks and their need to drink water, keep hydrated, etc. The other day I went into one home at 3 ish and the temperature was 89 and my patient said, "I turned on the air conditioning for you!". What a job we have.
Have a great day, all .
Old 05-12-2003, 09:01 AM   #92  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Monday Morning!

It's a gorgeous day today. It was rainy all weekend - of course - with the exception of yesterday where is was just cool and windy. I had a great Mother's day. We barbequed for dinner and then went to the driving range for a while. It was too windy to golf. We had a great service in church also. They honoured mothers. My boys gave me a set of dumb bells that I really wanted. I guess they care about my fitness level too!

I have started doing the 8 minutes in the morning exercises again and will start walking in the evenings. I know I need to get my act together. I'm still struggling with the evening meals. I think I'll barbeque more and do more salads. That's easy and quick to do.

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Gary, my prayers are with the lady from your church. What a blow! We also heard yesterday that a former employee of ours has cancer in her lung and lymph knodes. The doctors say it's too far gone to operate. I'd appreciate prayers for her too.

Well, gotta go have some toast and head to work. Have a great day!
Old 05-12-2003, 06:02 PM   #93  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry MONDAY

HELLO LADIES--

I hope everyone made it through the day with success. I had an easy day today-- got off early so I pulled some more of the old ice plant I am removing from a bank we have. I also did 4 miles, 35 minutes and 500 calories on our X-trainer. I am making slow but steady progress on the weight. I am not losing much but not gaining either-- probably would be more success if I got up from the dinner table when I was "FULL" instead of trying to clean my plate and everyone elses plus the leftovers in the dishes. Oh- and if I stuck to 1 beer after work instead of 2!! I didn't drink at all for the last 18 years before last summer-- maybe I really don't need those extra calories after all.
My daughter called from Georgia this morning-- the kids are having a great time and they were off to watch the boys team play- the girls don't have a match until tomorrow. They say it is very HOT there-- my daughter's campus is on the beach so this is quite different weather for them.

CLAUDETTE Welcome back, glad to hear of the weight loss and that the oral surgery was completed-- ouch!

WILMA- I like your new avatar-- and great job on the exercises-- did you ever think that you would get dumbells for Mother's Day? and WANT them? My son already got me my father's day present-- when he was at USC this week-end he shopped in the bookstore-- got me a really cool USC (my favorite) football T-shirt. Prayers going out for your former employee, sorry.

SHERRY Glad you are back too--- sorry for the old folks-- if I live to be that old (not likely) I hope there is somewhere there to take care of me. I don't think I would care much for the extremely hot weather-- but I do prefer hot over cold.

Well hello to the rest of you un-posters I hope to hear good news from you all soon!!

HE CARES ABOUT YOU!! Gary
Old 05-12-2003, 06:45 PM   #94  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi CeHello CEers

gary~the woman from church is in my prayers, what a shock for her. You are very impressive on your x-trainer there! I just know you'll start seeing and feeling results. Glad your daughter is having a good time in GA.

wilma~prayers are in order too for your ex-coworker. Gosh, that is so terrible.

Well, i worked at the good job all day and now i'm at the gym until 7:30. I have way too much to still do at home so I'm not thrilled about being here but oh well.

Already have plans with my Mom and Aunt here to meet with all the Aunties, and nieces for coffee on Wednesday night. I just couldn't get it together to have a tea for my mom so a cousin suggested I do this. I think it'll be fine. Can't wait to see my Mom tomorrow! I probably won't be able to post as much for about a week.

I got this idea from another site i visit, we all were sharing our favorite salad recipes so we get new ideas and some variety. So I'll add one of my favorite recipes and you add yours if you like.

Bacon and Gorgonzola Salad
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped fairly thin
1 tomato, seeded and chopped fairly small
1/4 jicama, julienned into lg. matchsticks
1/4 cup. shredded red cabbage
4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Kraft buttermilk dressing
Durkee's onions

Put all ingredients in bowl, coat thinly with dressing. Top with onions and freshly cracked black pepper.

Old 05-13-2003, 05:54 PM   #95  

Hello to all sorry I have not been around but my family is going through a lot right now. My oldest DD still has not found a job. My DS is doing all his last minute Senior things. My DD who struggles in school has just hit bottom the teacher is wanting her to repeat 3rd grade because her reading is way below her age level. I had her tested and she had to be tested in her township (she goes to a private christian school) and all they had to say was to slam the christian school! And one of my other DD's is going through a crisis and I had to take her to our DR because I was worried that she might think about hurting herself. My DD had a friend who just tried to kill herself and spent several days in the hospital. And I am under so much stress I can't take much more!!!! The Lord says he won't give us more than we can bare and I am at my braking point. And to top my other DD has been down (and she doesn't know why) I had to pick her up at school last week because she couldn't stop crying! I picked her up and took her shopping and that helped her. I am sorry to dump this on you but it isn't something I can talk to others about because I am afraid they will judge my DD's or make matters worse by saying the wrong thing. Please keep us in your prayers.
Mitchypoo-I hope you enjoy your family! Send that picture.
ez-My prayers for the lady at church
Wilma-still praying for your sons
Sherry-how is the swelling?
Zoe-Wow I wish I could win!lol
to all other I remember you in my prayer!
Sami
Old 05-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #96  
Quit counting at 45!

Sami: Please know that we love you and care about you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing your struggles with us. We can't be there for you physically but we can definitely talk to our heavenly Father about you and for you. Concentrate on the things that are important to you - your kids- and leave the rest. God cares about your kids too and loves them even more than you do. PRAYERS AND HUGS TO YOU!! Your daughter will find a job. My oldest son found a job and starts tomorrow but youngest son is still looking.

Michele: Have a wonderful time with your mom tomorrow. See you when you're back to talk to us.

Gary: You're going like a house on fire. thanks for being my inspiration. The avatar is a reminder for me of what I should be doing. I did the weight exercises this morning and then talked DS#1 into going for a walk with me. It was great to get out and get acquainted with the neighbourhood and get a nice talk in with my son.

Well, gotta go. Talk to you all again tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:45 AM   #97  

Default Sami

Sami,
I sent you a private email message.
Claudette
Old 05-14-2003, 08:19 AM   #98  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sami~You and your family definitely are in my prayers and i know it doesn't help really, but it is true, you will get through this and God doesn't give you more than you can deal with. It's got to be hard to be a Mom.

Mom and Auntie got in fine yesterday, we went to dinner, went to Target and stayed up way too late, like 1 a.m. and yacked. I'm a little slow this a.m. and I have to work, but today is my last day until Monday! It's so great to have them here.

Hello to all~
Old 05-14-2003, 11:00 AM   #99  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry WEDNESDAY

HAPPY HUMPDAY LADIES

Just checking in before I go look at a job to bid. My daughter just called from Georgia, she is having a great time. They won yesterday (although she didn't play- no one got sick or hurt, so that is good, but she was ready just in case!!) and they have a tough match today. They expect alot of rain so we shall see.

SAMI For goodness sakes girl--DUMP! DUMP! ON US!!! that is why we are here. Life can really be hard sometimes can't it. Sometimes we just gotta throw up our hands and allow the Lord to fix it-- cause we certainly can't. Take a deep breath and sit back and (TRY) relax. Your DD that doesn't have a job will find one, right now there are alot of folks out of work-- time will change that-- if she isn't working for money have her try to do something to help someone else in that time she would be working-- maybe help out at church or something-- never know where that could lead. Your son will be over the senior stuff in no time! then he will be off to other things. Your little one's struggles are definetly a concern with the reading-- very important! How about your oldest helping her? maybe she could pick up some spending money that way, if it is in your budget. As far as "other people" slamming Christian Education-- FORGET about it. They don't understand! IT IS THE WHOLE PICTURE that they do not see. A strong christian foundation will take you through life much better than being able to read (as I said reading is very important) but it is not the only thing. Keep an eye on the one you are concerned might hurt herself-- is it just for attention? or is it a copycat thing with her friend? This is the one DD to focus on. You are in my prayers.
SAMI, I always tell my kids to give things 3 days before they worry. I tell them that when the bad stuff happens think of it as Good Friday and look ahead towards Easter-- I don't want to make our Lord's death and ressurection sound trite-- it just seems to always be better in 3 days.

WILMA- What a great way to be with your son! I love it when my daughter walks in the 5K's with me, although we are kind of racing too so we don't talk that much if we are winded. It is just spending time with them that is important-- I could never run them with my son! My running is pretty much like my walking! I looked up calories in beer after my post yesterday and found out there are about 250-300 calories in 2 beers. This pretty much just evens out my X-trainer work-- now I know why a friend of ours who runs 8 miles EVERY day (or more) says " I run just so I can drink a couple of beers a day". I think I will just cut back to 1 or none-- after not drinking for over 18 years I probably don't need it anyway. Have a safe time in your neighborhood.

MICHELE Glad to hear that mom made it safely. Have a great time with her-- it will go too fast! that is for sure.

CLAUDETTE Glad to see you are still there.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE- hope all is well.

Checkin' out- IN HIS PEACE~ Gary
Old 05-14-2003, 04:29 PM   #100  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just set my record for this training period on the X-Trainer-- 6.2 miles-- 715 calories and 50 minutes--- Keep going Wilma, Sherry, Sami, Michele and anyone else trying to exercise while the weather is ?BETTER?- Peace and Hugs, Gary
Old 05-14-2003, 10:39 PM   #101  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi all! I did my weights this morning but didn't walk because of a wicked headache. I did go and pull some weeds in the flower beds which was really relaxing. I'm starting to look at what to plant in my pots and what veggies I'm going to plant in my tiny raised bed garden.

I'll talk to you again tomorrow when the fog in my head lifts.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #102  

Angry Thursday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

I haven't been missing in action as long as you think. I posted a very long post on Tuesday and it disappeared into cyberspace. *sigh* I spent 40 minutes typing it, only to lose it totally. Then I didn't have enough time to check in, sorry.

I guess I will start posting little short posts instead of long ones.

I'm doing pretty fair. I have joined the wellness center here and going to lift weights several times a week. Hopefully soon I can see some results. I'm so ready to speed up my metabolism.

I have been doing so so on watching my eating, but last night I made a beef enchilada casserole that was so fantastic but very very fattening. But, I can finally make a beef enchilada dish that tastes absolutely wonderful, now that I'm not suppose to eat like that.

Have a GOOD day, I will check back in later. Prayers to you and your family Sami {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Old 05-15-2003, 09:35 PM   #103  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Real quick-- halftime of my Laker game. Well my DD team lost today in the semi-final match against the #2 team in the nation NAIA- 5-3. A good year anyway, should finish the season at #3 so that is very good.
Son finished his finals for the year- waiting for his grades-- has made deans list for 4 straight years 8 semesters, one more semester and he's done.
SHERRY- sorry about those posts (doitformeSUE and I know exactly what you are going through-- Wilma told me about pasting or something but I don't understand- wife will help me one day with learning it)
Wilma- how does that garden grow today? Walking with those boys?
Game coming on- Later ladies- Gary
Old 05-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #104  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's Friday and a long weekend coming up here in Canada. I'm ready for it. I plan to plant some flowers and get my mini-garden in. I was going to paint but DH probably has to work on Saturday and I need him to get the patching and sanding done so I can paint.

I didn't walk last night because I worked until 6 and my feet were killing me. I did measure myself this morning and realize that I do NEED to get out there again. TONIGHT! I need to re-evaluate what I eat in the evenings. It's my greatest downfall.

Gary: Are you sure it was me who told you to paste? I don't remember but it does make sense. I've never lost a post to it being too long - just when my antique computer would crash on me.

mrshummer: Great job on the wellness centre. I'm beginning to think that I need to do something around here too. I just don't know when I'm going to find the time to do it. I do think I'll start recording what I eat on fitday.com again and see where I'm messing up.

Sami: My prayers are going up for you daily. Keep looking up!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-16-2003, 05:57 PM   #105  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry TGIF

Hi M.I.A. CE'rs

Where is everybody? I hope things are going good with all of you. Michele is having fun with mom I am sure, Sami must be running like crazy with those kids and graduation etc. Zoe must be at the new house, Sue is out camping and Sherry getting the job done at the wellness center-- just guessing! I know Wilma is trying to get the routine of exercise down

I did 35 minutes, 4.5 miles and 450 calories on the elliptical trainer today-- I am going at a more intense (just a little) level. I can feel it in my calves after 3 days.

Well my Lakers lost, daughter's tennis is done until next year, son and step-D wrapping up their basketball and softball-- so I should have more free time to exercise. Although the kids never quit sports, it does slow down a little at this time of year. My wife is still out running/walking her 3.5 miles 4-6 days a week, plus upper and lower body weight workouts in our gym-- she is really feeling better!

Made a crock-pot dinner last night that was HORRIBLEI was so bumbed out. It was rice on the bottom, covered with 2 cups of wine, can of creamed chicken, can of mushroom soup, carrots, green beans, corn, onion soup mix and then chicken breasts-- for some reason it stunk! I think the wine and onion soup mix was the problem, don't know for sure. The chicken was good so we just put BBQ sauce on it and had salad. I am not the kitchen hero anymore

Well actually I have to go bid a job now so you ladies take care.

Have a great week-end-- GO TO WORSHIP!! Gary
Closed Thread