Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 02:45 PM   #241  

I am feeling much better today, Willow. Thank you.

I wish you good luck with your weigh-in. I believe you'll do well. Don't see how you couldn't with all that you do!

I weighed this morning. Lost 2 more lbs. This makes a total of 20 lbs!! Got about 15 more to go. Those will be the toughest, I know. I've been through this before.......

It's a beautiful day here. Makes me wish I was at the beach. I wouldn't mind looking like that, either! hehe
Old 07-03-2003, 06:30 PM   #242  

WANT TO WISH ALL A HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #243  

Just checking in for a minute 'cause I knew there would be fireworks. THANK YOU Angel. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. They are so neat.
I spent most of the evening finishing my first Harry Potter book. It was such fun. Can't wait to start Book #2 Can't quite believe this myself - almost 55 years old and enthralled by this book about wizards.
Hope you all have a great weekend. We are expecting 90 degrees and humid. I may go in the pool afterall. Till tomorrow, Sue
Old 07-04-2003, 12:09 AM   #244  

Default I finally got here!

I've been busy all day!
Making the potato salad takes a long time. Then I made 40 ham sandwiches. Then I wiped up my kitchen floor. Dusted.
Then cleaned the bathroom, including the toilet. I HATE that job!
Showered and went to Curves. Then had to pick up 2 of my grandkids who are staying overnight. When I got home with them one of my sons from way north was here with his family, and I got out the food I had ready for them, and while they were eating I made my fruit bowl.
Then, more and more people started coming.
They are all gone now except for 3 grandkids who are staying overnight.

I did the 3-mile WATP tape when I got up this morning, and 30 minutes of riding my exercise bike this afternoon, then 45 minutes at Curves this evening. 122 minutes total.

Now, for the verdict. ..........................
It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I took out membership at Curves, and was weighed and measured.
Tonight they weighed and measured me again.
I lost 11.25 pounds.
I lost a total of 7.75 inches.
I lost 8.46 body fat pounds. Or, 1.30%.
This is really bad! ... My body fat went from 48.50% to 47.20%. And what is it suppose to be? ... Something like 23 percent?

But, I'm sure happy about my report!

Bad weather predicted for tomorrow. Ugh! It's sooo hot and humid!
I need to get to bed and get some rest for tomorrow.

Angel, thanks for the fireworks.
Congratulations on your 2-pound loss also. Man! You're really going to town with dropping the pounds. Good for you! Keep up the good work. I know it's also hard work.

Hi Sue, now you've got me thinking more and more about those Harry Potter books.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend everybody.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:21 AM   #245  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi !!!! I qualify to belong to an over 50 group.... unfortunately. LOL
I read here when this group first formed. I only read the first page and then never came back.
Then it got soooo long I never joined in because I figured it would take forever to download on my computer since you have soooo many pages. LOL Excuses excuses. LOL

Anyway... for some unknown reason tonight I decided to peek in. I have only read the last page but liked what I read.
Willow.... we have sooo much in common.

My father died at age 93 last week in a nursing home... my mom is still there.

I just posted in my home group and thought it was fitting for in here too.
Hope you don't mind if I repost it here too.
Maybe my awakening can help someone in here too.
Here it goes.....
-------------------------------
Hi guys... I am back in town. My mom is doing pretty good... I think. She puts on a happy face for me... but my sister says she just sits and stares at wall all the time. I feel so helpless. She is confinded to bed and needs 24 hour care so there is no way I can move her in with me.
My food was really good today.
I did a lot of thinking while driving. I became so aware that "wishful thinking" will NOT get the job done. It takes ACTION on my part.

People who want to compete in athletic events can't just sit there and "wish" the could win. They have to get out there and work for it !!!
If I want to lose 10 pounds in the month of July I have to work for it !!!
I need to be dedicated to my food plan and I also need to get this body moving. If you want to win the GOLD... you have to GO FOR THE GOLD... ALL THE WAY !!!!!

That said.... I am going for 10 pounds in the month of July.
If I don't make it... it won't be because I didn't give it my all.
I am going to give it my BEST effort .... not just "wish" I could lose 10lbs.

Thanks for listening. I also had a good awakening about my dad too.
My dad lived to be 93 and he kept himself active all those years.
He did not sit at home "hoping" he would be still be active at age 93.
He got out there and walked the mall everyday... even when he was using a walker.
He refused to sit at home and get old.
He worked at staying young.
Even his last day... he got himself dressed and walked to the cafeteria.
If he could force himself to be active at 93 then I can force myself to be active at 52.
That means I have 41 more years to LIVE. Not just exist.

GET OUT THERE AND LIVE LADIES !!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 08:53 AM   #246  

back 2Cute2Bfat!! You need to check in more often! No telling what you might miss!! I don't intend to age gracefully, either.......gonna fight it all the way!! Good for your father. I believe I would have liked him

Sue & Willow...You're very welcome for the fireworks. I enjoy doing these little "extras" for all my new friends.

Willow!! You're doing Great!!!! I knew you would have an awesome report!

One question.....about the green tea. Where do you get it & exactly what is it supposed to do for you? I've been thinking about it. The last 15 lbs is gonna be hard for me to lose. Wondering if it might help me. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #247  

Default Last stop!!

Stop posting here and please join us in OVER 50 AND GETTING HEALTHY #2!!
Closed Thread