Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightforgood2 View Post

down from 179.8 last thursday....very slow process....
I would kill for four pounds! Celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaMama View Post
So I've been a diet coke drinker most of my life. I used to drink it like water... Now I drink maybe 2 a day. However, as I'm really trying to get this weight to melt off, I've reduced my diet coke intake to 1 a day. I have been having the worst eye twitch ever!!! Has anyone else experienced this? If this caffeine relatedl? I am getting plenty of sleep... Not too stressed (not anymore than usual anyway)

My plan for today is to take a chill day and do some yoga. For some reason, although I know my body needs it), I always feel guilty when I'm not doing a high impact exercise. I feel like I may be slowing myself down.
I've had this before. It was temporary and I think stress related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
hi ladies. i'm back from my NYC/ Canadian Thanksgiving Heitus.

Stephanie- I am most deffinately in limbo, and i've been in limbo CONGRATS!!! 80 is a big deal! Feeling super awesome yet?

julia- thank you! don't even need shaping underwear. to be honest with you, if i've eaten properly, the meal immediately before, you can't see anything, no rolls, no muffin top, no bulge. it's more of a naked thing ha ha. and why not have confidence? gets you places! also? 3 lb loss? that's awesome!! way to go. my personal most hated number, ever is 180.
------------------

back in the game, back to the studio, must start drinking more water. something is most deffinately cooking for me in my limbo situation- but i am tired, exhausted, and it keeps interfering with studio time. my phone, is literally going off every 2 minutes, i have interviews, one or two a day - and no acceptable offers (that aren't obscurely low paying- i am not in a financial rut, so i am willing to hold out and wait). I JUST WANT STUDIO TIME.
Good for you for holding out. The right offer will come your way when it is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth sebring View Post
Heyy, everyone. I’m new. I yoyo a lot and my lowest maintained weight was 143. Starting school and planning a trip out of the US threw my normal diet off this summer and I gain 20pounds. Really, I just want to fit back into my clothes and learn how to portion/ stop binge eating when I’m stressed. Two big goals. Hoping this site can help me out in reaching them
Welcome! I got into this weight loss situation because my clothes weren't fitting too. Every time I want to cheat, I keep reminding myself of what I really want. You will find a lot of support here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I've been so good, the scale has been stuck (and inching upwards a bit on days) this past week. This morning I registered a 0.1 pound loss and did a silent happy dance. I'm crossing my fingers for a whoosh.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #152  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

MovingForward- thank you. I hope that it does untangle itself soon- I am busier now, then when I was working 40-50 hours a week. I figure since I have the opportunity to advance in my career, before I have more major fiscal commitments, I may as well go as high as I can, and then continue further.

Today was not so good on the food. I need to learn some self-discipline. This job search communications/ negotiations thing is exceptionally frustrating, and my "to-do" list is about 6 miles long. There are not enough hours in the day. Today is Thursday, and I already have solid plans up until next Wednesday, with a need to fit 2-3 other things in M-W (and that is granted that nothing else urgent comes up).

I must learn self discipline and better time management skills. Rather, maybe start ignoring more people? I am an extremely efficient person, I know that something needs to be done, I ponder it over (over my nasty habit of smoking generally) then come in, and get it done. As most of you know, the reason that I am not in a financial rut, is because I have moved home until this whole job thing gets sorted, BUT every time I go outside to "think" my mother follows me out and talks about things that are hindering to well..my thought process. While I know that this is not a blame game, but this house is the sole issue for my weight problems/disordered eating problems, and I NEED this situation to figure itself out- because I am a very determined, strong person, and when I start cracking under pressure, there is no hope for humanity. lol
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #153  
Get Me Back Down to 130s

S/C/G: 191/188.6/125

Today's Exercise:

Dancing, general 30mins 180 calories burned
Aerobics, high impact 30mins 280 calories burned

Dancing, general 31mins 185 calories burned

Walking, 3.5 mph, uphill 30mins 239 calories burned

Daily Total Calories burned 884
losingweightforgood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #154  

Height: 5'5"

I am going to invite myself into this thread in hopes of it motivating me to get out of the 180s. Thanksgiving really set me back because I binged like crazy. But I think I needed it so I'm not going to stress over it too much. A little over where I was previously, but 4 pounds away from dropping the category "obese"! I need this to happen ASAP!
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #155  
Dedicated Yogi

queenie- welcome welcome! lets get out of the 180s today!

okay. 2 interviews today. 9 am, and noon. this spans breakfast, and lunch for me since i won't be home until after 2 pm. I am packed, and ready to rock. Bloaty, so my "not-so - power" suit on.

Studio tonight.

FINALLY GET A WEEKEND OFF!! WOOHOOOOOO I'm going to do some sitting, maybe some running, lots of studio time. and noooooo drinks. fantastic!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

I was at 152.8 and then 153. Today I am 154.4. I definitely over ate on Wednesday and also didn't work out yday.. I have a dinner tonight and tomorrow and have been generally lethargic and hungry.. This week I'm a bit off bc of a minor accident. Drama!

I'm going to enjoy my dinners but not get apps or desserts or bread, and will try to do even better next week.

Last edited by HappyHoliday; 10-12-2012 at 09:01 AM.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #157  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

I had to cheat and weigh myself today(usually weigh in on Tues.) and I am down to 185.8!!! 3 pounds!! It feels like it's taking forever but finally progress!
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 200/165/145/

Height: 5'0

Thanks moving forward! I’m working on a new playlist for my Ipod now and about to join planet fitness today. Exercise is HUGE for me when I try to lose weight. I never want to overeat after a good workout.

Good luck on your job interview stimkovs!
beth sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #159  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightforgood2 View Post
Today's Exercise:

Dancing, general 30mins 180 calories burned
Aerobics, high impact 30mins 280 calories burned

Dancing, general 31mins 185 calories burned

Walking, 3.5 mph, uphill 30mins 239 calories burned

Daily Total Calories burned 884
Wow! Very impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie91 View Post
I am going to invite myself into this thread in hopes of it motivating me to get out of the 180s. Thanksgiving really set me back because I binged like crazy. But I think I needed it so I'm not going to stress over it too much. A little over where I was previously, but 4 pounds away from dropping the category "obese"! I need this to happen ASAP!
YOU ARE CLOSE! Keep workin!

Quote:
queenie- welcome welcome! lets get out of the 180s today!

okay. 2 interviews today. 9 am, and noon. this spans breakfast, and lunch for me since i won't be home until after 2 pm. I am packed, and ready to rock. Bloaty, so my "not-so - power" suit on.

Studio tonight.

FINALLY GET A WEEKEND OFF!! WOOHOOOOOO I'm going to do some sitting, maybe some running, lots of studio time. and noooooo drinks. fantastic!
YAY for the weekend off! Hope your interviews go well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHoliday View Post
I was at 152.8 and then 153. Today I am 154.4. I definitely over ate on Wednesday and also didn't work out yday.. I have a dinner tonight and tomorrow and have been generally lethargic and hungry.. This week I'm a bit off bc of a minor accident. Drama!

I'm going to enjoy my dinners but not get apps or desserts or bread, and will try to do even better next week.
I was 154.4 today too! TWINSIES. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
I had to cheat and weigh myself today(usually weigh in on Tues.) and I am down to 185.8!!! 3 pounds!! It feels like it's taking forever but finally progress!
Great job on the 3 pounds!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth sebring View Post
Thanks moving forward! I’m working on a new playlist for my Ipod now and about to join planet fitness today. Exercise is HUGE for me when I try to lose weight. I never want to overeat after a good workout.

Good luck on your job interview stimkovs!

Let me know how you like planet fitness! There's one opening right down the street from my current gym (not open yet though). I like my gym, but always open to better things.

I did make a whole thread about this, but I'll say it again: YAY I'M A NORMAL WEIGHT FINALLY! This new plan I'm doing is great so far. Hard core, but great! HOLY CRAP I may be in the 140s soon. That seems totally unreal to me!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 200/165/145/

Height: 5'0

^ I’ve joined before what I like is it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for good equipment and it’s close. Plus they have tvs above the treadmills so if I get bored of music I can watch something to make the time pass haha
But I mostly joined because its 24/7. works around my schedule with school and work so I can go at night before bed

Last edited by beth sebring; 10-12-2012 at 12:58 PM.
beth sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #161  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
julia- thank you! don't even need shaping underwear. to be honest with you, if i've eaten properly, the meal immediately before, you can't see anything, no rolls, no muffin top, no bulge. it's more of a naked thing ha ha. and why not have confidence? gets you places! also? 3 lb loss? that's awesome!! way to go. my personal most hated number, ever is 180.

thanks! if you dont need even shaping then id say you're good to go!

im laughing because 180 was my hated number last round of weight loss. i was stuck there for SIX weeks. maybe itll replace 190.7 again this time....

Last edited by juliastl27; 10-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #162  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
thanks! if you dont need even shaping then id say you're good to go!

im laughing because 180 was my hated number last round of weight loss. i was stuck there for SIX weeks. maybe itll replace 190.7 again this time....
is a rock hard midsection too much to ask for after loosing 100 lbs and re-gaining 20? no? no? ya didn't think so. HAHA obviously sarcasm.

literally, didn't even SEE 180 on the way down.

i may or may not have starved the last 12 or so lbs out of myself though- to be honest i can't really remember because life was hectic.
good hectic the 'holy crap i forgot to eat' kind of hectic lol

don't worry you'll be back at the ever dreaded/much desired 180!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #163  
Foodie For Life

S/C/G: 192/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

LockItUp: Reaching the 140's again will be a HUGE deal for me as well.. The last time I was in the 140's was prior to pregnancy... That was 8 years ago! Getting over the 150 hump is hard but you're fast on your way.

I had a bad food day. I had what I like to call a "fat attack" and nibbled on everything I wanted today. I wouldn't feel so bad if I had actually had a loss this week but I didn't. Oh well... Just gotta try harder tomorrow!
NolaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 225/168/120

I have been in the 160 weight bracket for 6 months now. Damn it.
bingingerrday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #165  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

so i enjoyed my day of freedom and now im ready to get out of the 180s....

at 185 ill be no longer obese, its hard to be happy to move into "overweight", but ill take it. 2 more lbs!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote