Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 06:48 PM   #46  

Angie,
Do your parents live near you?
Old 04-07-2003, 08:49 PM   #47  

sorry your family is not closer. My moms side of the family is not close either, but I do see my mom everyday just not the rest of her family. My dad, well thats a whole nother can of worms.....but I see him when I drive to see him and thats all I will say about that (the story is too long and I think I've explained some before).

But my hubbys family is big on doing family things. We all go camping together in the summer, and the rest of the year we get together a lot for family dinners/bdays and what not. When we all go camping together just immediate family is Me and hubby and our 2 kids, 1 bil and sil and their 3 kids, another bil and whatever flavor of the month he is having, and hubbys mom and dad......then sometimes extended family from there. We usually all have a good time.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #48  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I guess I'm very lucky to have a close immediate family. I have to admit that we get on each others' nerves since we see so much of each other but for the most part we all get along. In fact, we're planning a family vacation during the 4th of July this year where everyone will be flying to Maui for a few days. That should be fun. My in-laws are a completely different Animal (yes, with a capital "A" ) . Rick has to do his visiting on his own time and they can not come to my house and that's that . I make concessions and visit my MIL on a few occasions--mother's day, her b-day (maybe) and definitely X-mas. I don't keep my son from visiting her at all and if Rick wants to take him he's free to--but the house has to be clear of the other degenerates and substance (as in illegal drugs) free--let me tell you he hardly gets to bring the boy there. Sad, but true.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:49 PM   #49  

Talking monday, monday...

well, thanks for the welcome. It sure has been monday around these parts. *ha* I started my diet today and absolutely NO cheating.. go me! What kind of candle party? I've been to a few myself--interesting and smells good!

does anyone have a recipe for a good low-fat cookie. meaning one that doesn't taste like rubber?

hope you all have a successful TUESDAY!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:28 AM   #50  

Hi Everyone,

I meant to check in yesterday but after the driving, when I got home I just couldn't. I must be a really slow starter because yesterday we stopped at McDonalds , just started and already I messed up I really need to remember to pack healthier snacks in the car before I drive like that, plus I was way too tired yesterday to do anything to make up for it. I also lost the safety key to the treadmill so I was only able to get out and walk for about a mile before it started snowing today. I was able to drink my 8 glasses of water today though, which is actually a pretty big deal considering I don't really like water that much.

So my mini goal for this week is to get up to at least 10 glasses of water and at least 90 minutes of some kind of exercise daily. I'm don't really care about a loss yet, I just need to get in the groove of things first. So I'm going to wait an extra week before I weigh in. And then hopefully I'll be pleasnatly surprised.

Thanks for listening!!! Have a great Tuesday!!!!!

Take Care!!! *Jen*
Old 04-08-2003, 10:48 AM   #51  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

YEAH!!! I just weighed in and I am back down to 152.5 again. Now maybe I can lose some weight before PMS hits again.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 AM   #52  

Re: Addictive Cheez-its

Cheez-its with Tabasco are even deadlier.

Sometimes I buy the box of little Cheez-it bags.
They're 220 calories each and have 4 or 5 gms. of protein.

Gotta stay away from that big box of them, tho'.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:40 PM   #53  

Wow talk about withdrawal from the site. It is 12:30 here ands I am just now getting on. Not that iI had anything interesting to talk about I just like reading what is going on.

It poured all last night and this morning. Thank goodness we didn't get any hail though. Just alot of water. There is a huge canal like thing that we drive over to get into my subdivision and the thing looks like it might tough the bottom of the bridge soon. I think they said we got about 6-7 inches yesterday. That is alot for down here. I know it is going to take 3 weeks to dry out from this.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:48 PM   #54  
Finally Fit!

HI girls. I'm still hanging around. Just waiting for my new computer to come in the mail. It stinks that I have to rely on work or family members, and even then, it's so quick, that I dont get to get on here, and just say hi. I haven't read back in the other posts,a nd I feel so diconnected. But, the HP site says my computer should be delivered on the 11th, so who knows, I may get to catch up, and get back here before the weekend.

I'm being good, food and exercise is my friend... in a good way. I had a physical today,a nd i"m weighing in at 147 lbs. Good blood pressure, good health. Have aweful PMS, so i"ll go home in a bit,a dn crash in bed, wiht a women's magazine. Okay, so I miss you, and can't wiat to get back here,. Just dropping in to say be back soon.... welcome to allt he new faces and names... ciao bellas!
Old 04-08-2003, 09:42 PM   #55  
so close, yet so far...

Red face Good night everyone...

Sheesh, it's 3:22 pm here and I've only gotten to post here now . I've actually been working here at work . You ladies are probably getting ready for bed or near close to it.

I'm just plugging away at trying to have an OP day. So far so good, but when the evening rolls around I get munchy. Scale says I'm up 2 lbs since Saturday but who know's? I did go overboard on the weekend (explanation below) but w/AF just leaving town I hope it's just weekend bloat. Oh well, three steps forward, two steps back--the story of my life.

Jen the main thing is that you try again tomorrow and the day after that and so on. This is for life ya know, and hopefully we all have a whole lotta days left.

Kim I'm not much of a baker, I just go to the store and buy reduced fat graham crackers or pretzels...OMG, what my skinny sister did to my graham crackers...she made some 'graham cracker brittle'. This is NOT low-fat : melt butter and brown sugar in sauce pan, coat each graham cracker completely in melted mixture, bake in oven for x minutes until brown and crisp, top with slivered almonds. Crispy, crunchy, sweet and sticky. So so naughty and I ate a lot this weekend. Sorry, I digress, you were looking for low-fat right? Oops! As far as the candle party, I have a friend who is a Party Lite consultant. We buy some awesome smelling candles ( i especially like the kitchen scents like belgian waffle or fudge brownie--go figure ) and holders from her and I get my friends and family addicted to them too. We get together at least every other month and see what's new. They have a website you can check out partylite.com or something like it.

Chris hope your computer gets to you intact and ready to go. We miss ya over here.

Angie tug on my wagon bungee a little will ya? I'm struggling over here.

Sandy , here's some more sunshine, hope you guys thaw out real soon.

Kemp, if you stop doing the rain dance I'll stop doing it too--I have had enough of the rain to last me at least a month. We're so soggy out here too. I did go walking last night but carried my umbrella, got drenched anyway

Gar how're you doing today?

Well ladies, hope to hear more from you on hump day.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:51 PM   #56  

Good evening. It seems weird to be here at night. I just got trhough watching American Idol. I voted too. Got to keep the good ones on you know.

Chris wow a new computer. I remember what that was like.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:56 PM   #57  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, Tug!! Get back up here, I screwed up for a week so you could catch up. Don't make me do it again he he.

Chris, Can't wait until you get the computer!

Kempy, I am just waiting for 10 for the Real World Reunion. I am so lame!!!

Sandy, How was your day.

Jen, forget about eating the McD's and move on and you will get there. I have had to do it MANY times. You will get there

Jay is sick so he is in bed. Poor guy. He walked 4 miles with me today too. He didn't tell me how sick he was until after we were done. Gosh, I love him!!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:00 PM   #58  
so close, yet so far...

wait, wait....tell me who they're booting off, or is that tomorrow? I want Ruben to win for sure! He's pretty funny and humble, like he's not expecting to win and he's got the best voice (in my opinion anyway). Shoot, now I gotta wait 3 hours until it comes on
Old 04-08-2003, 10:00 PM   #59  

What a sweet guy!

Have any of you seen the new commercial for Toy R Us? It is with singing rabbits. That is so funny! I like all of the commercial from them though.

Noelle it wa a good show tonight too. I voted for 1,2,5 and 8. Watch it and see if you agree.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:48 AM   #60  

Hi Everybody--
I am so proud of myself, I was a perfect angel, and I even managed to get in
1 1/2 miles, not as much as I would have liked, but my daughter was with me and refused to sit in her stroller so she walked along too. Tomorrow she said she would ride so I'm hoping to go alot further. Eating was good and I even manged to choke down 70 oz of water. Which is actually pretty good since I hate water. The weather is even starting to get better. It's actully supposed to be in the 60's-70's. Woo-Hoo!!!!

I miss out on all the good shows, and get stuck watching Days of Our Lives in the afternoon.

Well I'm off, I got home from class and my daughter is still awake watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I need to try and get her in bed. Hope to catch you all later. Bye. Take Care.

*Jen*
Closed Thread