Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Ugh. The WORST for me is Raising Cane's. There's one right across from campus so friends would go after class sometimes. I just got to where I'd go and get a drink. All they have is buttery bread, greasy fries and fried chicken strips. There are no vegetables save for the coleslaw which I don't like, despite by love of cabbage. Horrible, horrible place!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

That is funny because I went to a restaurant in Texas when I went for work. We were a large group working so it was a work outing and a local told us was making choices where we ate. It only served fried chicken and chicken fried steak. I've never seen such a place.

I turned vegetarian after my trip to Texas.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #18  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

This menu looks AMAZING. I went with assorted seafood over pasta in a red sauce the last time I went for Italian and didn't regret it!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
That is funny because I went to a restaurant in Texas when I went for work. We were a large group working so it was a work outing and a local told us was making choices where we ate. It only served fried chicken and chicken fried steak. I've never seen such a place.

I turned vegetarian after my trip to Texas.
Yeah, unfortunately those types of restaurants are somewhat common here. (Looking at you Chicken Express!!!) I don't know about the rest of the country because I've always been a Texan. I don't care that my options are limited by my choice to not eat crap, I just wish places would offer at least one somewhat, slightly, kinda sorta healthy alternative.

When we take guests out for business lunches and want a local place, we go to this "Italian" place that does a southwest flair. It sounds strange but they do pizza and linguine with green chiles, crap like that. BUT, they have salads, wheat crust options, lighter sauces and whole wheat pastas. I just can't imagine taking a guest to a one trick pony restaurant not knowing what their diet may restrict.

ETA: I do love me some chicken fried steak but haven't had it in ages. Oddly enough, I just mentioned it this week to DH! I will not go have some now though.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 05-22-2012 at 12:49 PM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote