Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #1  
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Red face help!

Ok so i have been working out since february and everything.has bern pretty good. But lately my body hurta more and more and its kind of affecting my workouts when i do ny classes....is there something I can do or any type of advice I can get on how to conquer this so i can move forward n give it 1000% during my workouts......my most pain is my knees! Any advice advice is appreciated! :)
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, I suggest you do exercises that don't bother your knees, like swimming, dancing, rowing machine, elliptical (some), boxing, weights (hand & machine), ladies situps, and interval walking (regular/fast/regular). I have the same problem from injuries in my knees, so I have found other stuff to do.

Remember that your plan can rely more on healthy eating with a little exercise for fitness, strength & toning.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #3  
too big to fail

Well, the gold standard action would be to make an appointment with your physician to make sure everything is okay. Also, make sure that you alternate muscle groups so that each can have a day or two to rest. You might want to just plain take a few days off, too.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #4  
zumbaholic!

I usually do um like zumba that's my favorite work out and the fym i go to has been Doug these new classes so I've been getting into those most classes workout all parts of the body....but i will try an alternate here and there... May be because I do double classes some days I dnt fi to the gym everyday I take bout 2/3 days off but at this point is try anyhing to figure stuff out...I Jst figured it was because my body isn't used to all this working out so ud always feel sum type of pain wen u push urself to the extreme of wat ur not used to! Thanks guys!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #5  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

That's awesome you are doing zumba when I first started zumba, my knees also would hurt. After some time, rest and definitely strengthening your leg muscles in those other classes, you'll get better. Almost always the doc will tell you strengthening those muscles will alleviate your pain, but it's a good idea to get checked out just in case. I hope you feel better fast!!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #6  
zumbaholic!

I'm glad sumone else knows my pain! It's kinda is a bit of a reliever I luv zumba u reqply dnt realize how many diff muscles ur working out until the next day! But its the best! Thanks for the advice I will keep trucking and eventually get checked out!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #7  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Yes, it's definitely a great workout but it's a whole lot of different movements that can be hard on your knees and even hips without us knowing at the time cuz it's fun. Glad you're having fun with it despite your recent pain. Hope the strength training helps your knees fast oh yeah, don't forget ibuprofen too
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I'm having a bit of trouble decoding your posts - is auto correct just putting anything it wants up there? First - strong quads help keep your knees strong, so it might help to do some exercises that help in that area, too. I have knees that bother me from time to time and I find that twisting them is the worst. Zumba certainly has you twisting in all directions, so maybe you could talk to the instructor for some alternate moves - or just move in a straight line when everyone is twisting. Add a few twists in as you get lighter and stronger. This is what I had to do in Turbo Kick when I was heavier. and take and anti-inflammatory drug like aspirin or Ibuprofen before class. It will help stop the pain before it starts. Good luck.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 04-16-2012 at 08:03 AM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote