Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #1  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Default All the new attention is freaking me out a little

All of a sudden it seems like I'm getting new comments about my weight loss every day! Partially it's the warmer weather, so I'm wearing shorts and t-shirts a lot, but I think a ton of it is due to the fact that I've been lifting heavy consistently for several months now. My shape has changed so much in a really short time, even though my weight loss has slowed down a lot.

So anyway, all of these comments are great in a way. I'm so proud of what I've done , but I almost don't know how to respond! I usually say, "Thanks!" and leave it at that, but it just makes me feel a little awkward sometimes. I think it's because, in my mind, I still have such a long way to go. I mean, yeah, as tall as I am and lifting as heavy as I do, I look pretty freaking good for the weight I am. But I still have 50-ish lb to go, you know?

I don't even know where I'm going with this really... just thinking out loud. How have you learned to deal with the sudden attention?
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #2  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

I see you've lost just over 50 lbs - you are half-way to your goal - ENJOY IT!!!!

With the warm weather coming, it's the best time to be getting in shape. I know at first you might be a little freaked with the attention but I think you'll get used to it with time. You might think you have a long way to go, but in a glass half full sort of way, you're already OVER half-way there and that IS a huge accomplishment. Congrats.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #3  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Thanks! I'm definitely proud of what I've done so far. Usually I don't mind attention, but for some reason it's caught me a little off guard. Maybe because there seems to be so much all at the same time.
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9"

You should be very proud & take those compliments to heart.
Ashmarie484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

There was some time when I was getting a lot of comments too, and I loved it! I just gobbled it up because I'd been fat and frumpy for so long, and just felt bad about myself. Like you, I'd say "thank you", and if asked, I'd tell people what I was doing.

The comments have stopped, and I miss them!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberries View Post
I don't even know where I'm going with this really... just thinking out loud. How have you learned to deal with the sudden attention?
I enjoy it.
PrincessSophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I just say "Thanks" or "Thanks for noticing." Enjoy it and offer advice if asked. Just be sociable. If someone commented on a new haircut or a new pair of shoes, we'd accept the compliment and answer without and concern. Just treat it the same way. I realize it isn't quite the same - we don't work this hard at a new haircut, that's for sure - but accept the compliment because it's the sociable thing to do. Most of all - enjoy it!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote