Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!!

I finally went down a pound from yesterday. The .2 up and down was every day. Up one day and down the next. Anyway, hopefully I'm past it. I'm back on crutches somewhat. I'm trying to minimize the damage to the better knee. The exhaustion is killing me though. I slept for two hours this afternoon and I've been dragging all day.

Mamakat~I will never be accused of that. LOL!!!

ItsMyTurn~I may pm you to pick your brain about RA, if you don't mind. I'm having some frustrations with my rheumy and meds.

I hope everyone has a great evening!!
erinrenae80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Eeek! I went over on my calories today, good thing I hadn't done my workout yet so I can burn some off. I didn't sleep good at all last night and I was starving practically all day long. Come to find out lack of sleep makes you eat an avg of 200 extra calories...so says my Kinect Fitness Game. And I guess its true!

Diane I usually never run out of coffee but luckly I had a stash of those tea bag looking coffee things! I got some more for tomorrow morning so I'm covered! I have a feeling I'm going to need it in the morning!

mamakat Oh my goodness! Creep-o and rudeness! I just hope the grandson doesn't grow up to do that!

Doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon. Really starting to get nervous about what he's going to say. I know I'm unhealthy and blah blah blah, but I'm trying to fix that and I hope he sees I really am trying and help figure out what the mess is going on with me.
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Katie Good luck at your Dr. appointment tomorrow.

Quick Post:

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 Calories
2 Orders steamed Broccoli 200 Calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Total Body w/12's & 15's
#10 SD Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #64  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - I would have been like "yea, I had work done, still getting some too... workouts 3x/wk, etc", LOL!!!! You did way better by keeping mouth shut - wish I could do that more often

Erin - You are more than welcome to at any time. RA in our family has gone berserk, so unfortunately LOTS of experience with it... if it can help you or clarify anything - then at least it doesn't feel like it's totally in vain that we have gone through it Totally understand frustration. Fill me in and let me know what you are on and going through...might be able to offer suggestions. My daughter sees the best RA doctor in the west - though mine is not quite to that caliber, I have been able to get a lot of suggestions from hers to bring to mine with success

Katie - I hope you get some answers from your appt tomorrow!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 374.4

Breakfast
Vanilla Greek Yogurt 140
Bear Naked Banana Nut Granola 140
1 Pint Strawberries 115
Sub Total 395

Lunch
Ham Sandwich (1 slices Dark Pumpernickel 80, 2 Slices Ham 80, 1 slice American Cheese 100, 3 leafs Romaine Lettuce 6, less than 1 tsp Miracle whip 20) 286
Banana 150
Sub Total 436

Dinner
4oz Rotisserie Chicken 227
Potato w/ sour cream 210
Green Beans 40
Sub Total 477

Daily Total 1308

Water 48

This morning I was confused because I had thought I had started my TOM again, but then it is gone again… I had it starting on the 19th super light for 3 days.. I am so confused!!

ItsMyTurn~ I really hope that the Antibiotic helps… if he is getting worse maybe he needs a different antibiotic? ( plus they can mess with the tummy ) I hope you get some rest and relaxation at some point there!!

Plucky~ Thanks … Some times I hate doing it though … It was just flat out embarrassing yesterday.

Mamakat~ Yeah I would be gobbling up the Homemade doughnut ( makes me want one even though its been forever since we have made them *lol* … its like Aunti Annies or something )

If I think out my lunches and rough crunch my numbers in my head in the morning as I am tossing things in my bag to go to work I am ok … 10 minutes I can have lunch and breaky in my bag and ready to run out the door. ( least for the most part) Although it is tempting to go out … sometimes I am not that good when I go out to lunch although I really try to be. I have an apple and orange sitting on my desk incase I get peckish.. All together add under 200 cal to my total if I need them. Heck I even took a huge salad to work this morning incase I had another eat like I am a bottomless pit day. I figure if I filled up on salad that is something that is lower in calories so It would be ok. I didn’t need it though.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #66  

Pretty good day today although i feel quite a few raw emotions - tends to happen a couple of days after the binging stops.

Breakfast
A smaller bowl of granola (like 1/2 c) with a couple of Tbs of yogurt
A soft boiled egg
Sliced Papaya with a bit of lime

Lunch
Same
Turkey ham open faced sandwich with a couple thin slices of cheese, tomatoes and a few olives

Dinner
Went out with a few friends to eat
Grilled chicken breast/veggies and a small plain baked potato

Will add in some frozen mango for desert.

1 bottle diet Z-up

Exercise was so/so.

Letting my ankle heal up
So did about 1/2 an hour of swimming in a beautiful pond down here in mexico. The underground caves collapse creating an opening of crystal clear water called cenotes. It was very nice.

Last edited by kathydee; 03-29-2012 at 02:53 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

TTOM: Day 10!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 147.6 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #68  

Good morning.

Up early and into a busy day, travel across on a ferry to meet a friend in Cozumel then scuba, one of my favorite hobbies.

Was a little anxious last night so had trouble falling asleep.

Eventually I tried a late night snack, which sometimes helps put me to sleep

Snack
1/2 banana
1 c warm low fat milk

Breakfast today
Small bowl granola - like 1/2 c
a couple of tbs low-fat yogurt
a couple of chunks papaya
1 soft boiled egg.
1 c herbal tea

Last edited by kathydee; 03-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #69  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Qtkitty - I was starting to think the same thing, but it seems I came home from work to finally find him awake He is feeling almost fully himself today too.... so FINALLY on the mend. Apparently it just took a bit longer to kick in than normal - thinking it may have worked into his lung area as he is usually a faster mend; but his lungs are suseptible to illness and tend to clear later than the rest. Your TOM sounds messed up; is it possible you are in perimenapause? I entered it in full force a couple years back and it totally throws off everything associated with female hormones, especially TOM

Kathy - the swim sounds real nice Glad you were able to get out to do that. I have never been to scuba before, but so happy you are getting a chance to do so with a friend, sounds awesome! Sorry about the anxiety last night - have you tried evening yoga before? That has helped many people with anxiety, and if you do in the evening, it will drain the body for the night which makes it less likely to happen

Diana - Dang! TOM is not your friend this time around, that's for sure!

No workout for me last night. However, it was because I did finally get a chance to relax :O Yay me! With the rest, I am feeling 90% myself again today too!!!! This is going to make work a whole lot more tolerable today and I am so thankful. DH took over again with kids last night, even had table set for supper when I got home - He said it was least he could do since I did the stew Again, deserving another yay! :P
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hello everyone.

MamakatWas this a stranger? Bad enough from someone you know, how rude! But good you took it with a grain of salt and as a compliment.

I made a good choice for dinner yesterday and stayed within points. Chose a stone bowl with white rice, cellophane noodles (a cup or less or each), small amount of tofu (3 slices), fish sauce, no oil and fresh spinach, grated carrots and bean sprouts on top. I had Japanese green tea to drink.

Then I got home and my friend passed me a beer. sigh But I only had one and sipped it slowly. It was a lovely craft beer. But then I snacked on some tofu wings, mary's crackers and a serving of cheese. So went 15 points over and used all my weeklies already. However I never count activity points and I would have accumulated around 12 by now. So not so bad.

Today

Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with light cream (2)
1 cup of rolled oats (4)
1 apple

Lunch:
flax seed bread (4.5)
mustard
sliced turkey breast (3)
cheese slice (3)

For dinner I am going to a potluck. I made a white bean salad from the 'Anti-Inflammation Diet' book for dummies. It is 5 points a serving. I know there will be fresh veggies, fresh fruit, salmon and spinach salad there. So I should be okay.

I fit in an hour of vigorous housework so that is my exercise today.

Bye for now.

Last edited by pluckypear; 03-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Well went to the Dr. He did little tests in the office to check my thyroid and then sent me to get blood work done. I should get the results Monday. He said if its not my thyroid then i have 2 options. Weight loss pill or weight loss surgery. I don't think I'm heavy enoufh for surgery and I dont think I would want to put myseof through that. I just want to know why I'm not loaing weight. It's driving me nuts. I've got a meeting tonight at work for Relay for Life. And then off to workout. Oh! Something exciting! At work our corporate office is starting a healthy me, they've always had it but I'm actually going to participate this time! This 6 week challenge is to drink 64oz of water per day for 6 weeks and we get a free pedometer and a chance to win $250! I've got that in the bag!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hello.

Went to my potluck and did well. I had small servings of several dishes (sushi,smoked salmon,spinach salad,chicken,bean salad). My only regrets were one devilled egg and a small portion of a potato dish only because they were not good. The egg looked good but was soooo sweet. I love my Mom's devilled eggs but not these. I think she used something sweet like Miracle Whip and sweet relish. Not for me. I had one small cookie. I felt good because there were 3 deserts and I asked "Oh that looks good, what is in that?" I passed on the cake made from cake mix and chose the cookie that was made from scratch of whole wheat flour, honey and chocolate chips. I figure if I am eating a baked good it better be from scratch. For me it is a waste of points to eat cake from a mix. I have too many bakers in my family.

So I saved enough points for the dinner and stayed within points. Yeah! Now just 2 more days until WI.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

I have had a busy week at work. That's a good thing, especially in today's economy. I just got home and tomorrow I have to get up an hour earlier than normal. I need to get some extra stuff done before I can start the weekend. I hope your enjoy your evening and rest well.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
6 ounce grilled sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
Grapefruit sections 100 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Lower Body w/15's
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

KatieAlyse I have a hard time keeping up with everyone. What calorie range are you eating? I wouldn't do surgery or pills. That's not worth it. I don't know many people who have been successful with either of those options. I hope something with your test results will shed some light on what's going on. My thyroid has been a huge PITA! It took 3 years to get properly diagnosed. Anytime that my meds get out of whack I gain a lot of weight. The last time my meds were off, I was waiting for my results to come back. I kept track of my food and exercise. I had exercised hard 1 - 1 1/2 hours EVERY DAY! I went back to the Dr for my results. I was worn out and exhausted! I had actually gained weight. I showed my food and workout info to the Dr. just to prove what I had been doing. The Dr. said there was no way that I was going to lose because my meds were off! I hope you don't have thyroid issues, but if you do, I hope the test will prove it quickly for you.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight -No weight

Breakfast
Steak Egg Cheese Bagel 600 ( from an eatery not McD’s … cause the ones from the eatery taste yummier )
Coffee 100
1 Pint Strawberries 115
Sub Total 815

Lunch
Orange Salad ( 1 Sm Naval Orange 100, 4c Romaine Lettuce 40, 1 green onion 5, 1 Tbsp homemade sweet and zesty Asian dressing 120 ( it is a vinaigrette type dressing I figure if I count it as oil it has to be under that many calories ) 265
Ham Sandwich (1 slices Dark Pumpernickel 80, 2 Slices Ham 80, 1 slice American Cheese 100, 4 leafs Romaine Lettuce 8, less than 1 tsp Miracle whip 20) 288
Sub Total 553

Dinner
Stouffer's Cordon Blue Pasta 330
Ice Cream 200
Popcorn 100
Sub Total 630

Daily Total 1998

Water 48

It was high on the calories.. The breakfast did me in.. the lunch though was awesome … I basically had like a double lunch .. Split in two ate the salad then the sandwich ( 4 pieces romaine is waaay to much *lol* When you can’t fit the sandwich in your mouth its to big *LOL* but it was still super yummy … I should try just cutting up the cheese and meat I use on a sandwich and make a salad ( maybe toast up some pumpernickel as croutons ).. The orange salad really hit the spot though… I have an apple. Banana and grapes still at work to eat.. Just incase

ItsMyTurn~ Phew … its unnerving when other people are sick some times ( you know how you feel but others can never be sure ) I am glad that he is feeling better.

OMG I hope not .. I am 30... I do not know what is going on …It has been about 3 and a half years since I have had a period regularly.. I have gone through all the testing and my levels are normal … I get a period normally a couple times a year … I am not taking birth control or anything like that ( I do not like taking medicine if I can help it ).. My period literally disappeared when I moved in with my mom. From the time my dd was born til I moved in with my mom it was regular and prior to getting pregnant it had been regular for several years ( there were times in the past where its been crazy )

The last two days I have just left …well .. Like if anything happened irritating even stuff I normally would be like whatever about .. I could feel ( very intensely) my claws coming out internally … I had to think to my self wooooah now calm down

Katie~ Man, I wish our work would do that!! $250 would come in handy
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #75  

[QUOTE=ItsMyTurn;4272370]
Quote:
Sorry about the anxiety last night - have you tried evening yoga before? That has helped many people with anxiety, and if you do in the evening, it will drain the body for the night which makes it less likely to happen

Thanks, I use to love yoga till I hurt my wrist, it will take a little surgery till I can do any of the postures that require palm down - like downward dog. I guess I could just do the parts of the class that my body is happy with... Good idea, I do miss it.

Had a fantastic day out on the ocean and down deep in the sea :0). But was with friends all day so it was not as easy to control the food. It was a long day, and Im totally exhausted now.

Did ok but probably didn't loose anything - that's ok, back to the gym tomorrow.

Breakfast
Small bowl granola - like 1/2 c
a couple of tbs low-fat yogurt
a couple of chunks papaya
1 soft boiled egg.
1 c herbal tea

Lunch
couple small pieces roasted chicken
couple slices cantaloupe & pineapple
4 ritz crackers with a little blue cheese on top ( I do love blue cheese)

Mango Margarita (it was ordered for me so I couldn't say no)

Dinner
Best I could do off the menu was a baked salmon with bread crumbs on the outside (although not a thick layer of crumbs)
There was a little bit of some sort of vegetable
and some wild/brown rice - say 1/2 cup

1 diet Zup

Passed up the bread and also the dessert (which looked so amazing)
Now Im really craving some sugar - but think I should just go with a couple more of the frozen mango chunks to satisfy the sweet tooth.

Have a good night everyone.

Last edited by kathydee; 03-30-2012 at 01:19 AM.