Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Still no loss , soooo fed up :(

Ive posted about this before as its a issue that been going on since well in January.
So WEEKS

Inbetween ive lost 2lbs then gained again......only thing is im trying so hard.

This week ive dine 6 days in the gym doing HIIT training , Boxing & weights my bodys realy feeling it & before i started back at the gym i was doing taebo 4 times a week some times 5.

Im feeling my body working and sore off the exercise, the muscles in back of my legs are becoming strongers and are solid and i can feel my endurance to exercise is improving. Im following weightwatchers pro points and have kept to them and no loss ive tried food to speed my metabolism and i really cant think what more i can do as i feel im doing my best.
Broke down in the gym yesturday as i just didnt see the point in trying so hard for no reward really at my last tether, i have lost 22lbs so far but my body just wont push any further down the scales no matter what i do
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Are you taking measurements? All those workouts would really change your measurements/sculpt and tone, even if the scale's being stubborn. I bet your clothes are fitting better, too. I know how frustrating it is, believe me. I have been there! But you can push through this.

Have you tried maybe cutting out grains for awhile to see what happens with your diet? I can't remember your basic diet, but if you're really carb-sensitive you can kill yourself with the exercise and stay on point calorie-wise, and your body will hold onto as much water as it can. There are so many things that can go on; my advice would be to pretend you have a food allergy and start eliminating things from your diet until you figure out what's causing the problem.

It sounds crazy, and not everyone here will agree with me, but one kind of food really can do that if you have a sensitivity. I bought some bananas a couple weeks ago and my weight loss flatlined. Bananas! And as soon as I cut them out again, down two pounds. It's crazy, but bodies are weird.

Good luck. Don't give up; you're doing amazing things for your fitness.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #3  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I was in the same boat as you until just last week - a plateau that for me lasted over 2 months. I lost my first 19 pounds and then got S.T.U.C.K!!! It was so incredibly frustrating.. I feel your pain. No matter what I did, exercised, ate well, drank water.. nothing seemed to happen. I read in my 'you, on a diet' book though a couple of weeks ago that it's very common to hit a first plateau after about 2 months or 20 pounds lost. That's exactly what happened to me... sounds like it might be you too. I have since finally gone down a couple of pounds, so I'm really hoping that I'm finally on a downward trend again. No matter what though - keep going! There's nothing to be gained (except weight) by quitting. Keep your chin up and try not to weigh yourself for a week or two and maybe you'll get a surprise...

kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #4  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Are you taking measurements? All those workouts would really change your measurements/sculpt and tone, even if the scale's being stubborn. I bet your clothes are fitting better, too. I know how frustrating it is, believe me. I have been there! But you can push through this.

Have you tried maybe cutting out grains for awhile to see what happens with your diet? I can't remember your basic diet, but if you're really carb-sensitive you can kill yourself with the exercise and stay on point calorie-wise, and your body will hold onto as much water as it can. There are so many things that can go on; my advice would be to pretend you have a food allergy and start eliminating things from your diet until you figure out what's causing the problem.

It sounds crazy, and not everyone here will agree with me, but one kind of food really can do that if you have a sensitivity. I bought some bananas a couple weeks ago and my weight loss flatlined. Bananas! And as soon as I cut them out again, down two pounds. It's crazy, but bodies are weird.

Good luck. Don't give up; you're doing amazing things for your fitness.
Thanks so much, i hear what your saying about carbs mind, and holding on to water .......im such a water monster i retain terrible. Wish i could think to eliminate ill have to have a look through my trackers and work out what carby stuff i have regular.
I have booked an appointment with my doctor to arrange a thyroid test just incase.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsteng View Post
I was in the same boat as you until just last week - a plateau that for me lasted over 2 months. I lost my first 19 pounds and then got S.T.U.C.K!!! It was so incredibly frustrating.. I feel your pain. No matter what I did, exercised, ate well, drank water.. nothing seemed to happen. I read in my 'you, on a diet' book though a couple of weeks ago that it's very common to hit a first plateau after about 2 months or 20 pounds lost. That's exactly what happened to me... sounds like it might be you too. I have since finally gone down a couple of pounds, so I'm really hoping that I'm finally on a downward trend again. No matter what though - keep going! There's nothing to be gained (except weight) by quitting. Keep your chin up and try not to weigh yourself for a week or two and maybe you'll get a surprise...

Its incredibly frustrating , just cant seem to push past it , i need to be super strict and work out what it is thats causing this. Yeah maybe your right about not weighing but its got me that frustrated im weighing everyday
Old 02-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #6  

I feel your pain, I have been stuck many times on my journey. The best advice I ever received was to look at what you are doing a lot of and change that. A lot of cardio?, do more weights, Doing one type of exercise?, try something new. Eating a lot of carbs, eat more protein. Up your calories, lower your calories, etc. Find that thing you are overdoing or underdoing and change that.
If I had to guess, it would be you are not eating enough for the amount of exercise you are doing and your body is holding onto every morsel to fuel your workouts. Not sure how much WW is giving you (in calories), but that would be my best guess, just looking at what you are doing.

I know you are counting points, but do you know about how many calories you eat? Also, how old are you?
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

How many calories a day are you eating ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Are you meeting your good health guidelines.Why don't you post a typical daily menu.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #9  

Do you weigh and measure your food or just guess the portion size?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #10  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

You'd be surprised what you can accomplish when you take the idea of "quitting" out of the equation!

I was stuck at 148 for 6 MONTHS, not weeks! I tried everything I could think of & what other people suggested to break thru the plateau.

It wasn't until I tried Spike84 @ the beginning of the year that I started losing again.

I would encourage you to never give up on your fitness goals. Do what you have to do to become dedicated to succeeding!!

to you!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #11  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I feel your pain, I have been stuck many times on my journey. The best advice I ever received was to look at what you are doing a lot of and change that. A lot of cardio?, do more weights, Doing one type of exercise?, try something new. Eating a lot of carbs, eat more protein. Up your calories, lower your calories, etc. Find that thing you are overdoing or underdoing and change that.
If I had to guess, it would be you are not eating enough for the amount of exercise you are doing and your body is holding onto every morsel to fuel your workouts. Not sure how much WW is giving you (in calories), but that would be my best guess, just looking at what you are doing.

I know you are counting points, but do you know about how many calories you eat? Also, how old are you?
weightwatchers gives me 34points per day and 49 weekly extra ......i have no idea how many calories that is tho x
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #12  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
You'd be surprised what you can accomplish when you take the idea of "quitting" out of the equation!

I was stuck at 148 for 6 MONTHS, not weeks! I tried everything I could think of & what other people suggested to break thru the plateau.

It wasn't until I tried Spike84 @ the beginning of the year that I started losing again.

I would encourage you to never give up on your fitness goals. Do what you have to do to become dedicated to succeeding!!

to you!!
Aww thank you so much x
Old 02-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
weightwatchers gives me 34points per day and 49 weekly extra ......i have no idea how many calories that is tho x
Do you eat them all?

Do you eat any of your exercise back?
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #14  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Definitely measure yourself. I had a long plateau (especially after increasing the amount I was weight lifting) but in that time I was losing inches like crazy. Measure yourself, it really gives you a much broader pictures because so many things can go into the weight you see on the scale!

It doesn't hurt to check with your doctor too (I actually visited a nutritionist too at one point and she helped me make some small changes that sped up my weight loss too) but don't forget measurements!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #15  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Do you eat them all?

Do you eat any of your exercise back?
Yeah i eat them all , sometimes i dont eat all weeklys but sometimes i do. But no i never eat back exercise points x