Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
It's a deactivated yeast, so you can't grow anything with it. It's also a complete protein.
Ooh, I didn't realize the complete protein part! That's great news
Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Christaface~ I am one of those crazy people who likes the taste of yeast ... i used to lick my finger when I was youger and stick it in the yeast jar ... *lol* So something yeasty on popcorn sounds yummy

Berry~ Okay you just sold me *lol*

Now I will have to look up nutritional yeast and get it shipped to me definately!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
I hope your knee gets better… have you been to an orthopedic before for the knee?
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I finally found out last April after six months of not being able to walk on my right leg, an aspiration (I would NOT recommend that!!), and an MRI that showed nothing wrong with it.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #79  

erinrenae80~ My grandmother has that.. they found it after an accident when she was 18 .. it showed in her Xrays.. she is still kicking although sometimes its painful... and she has tried everything ... including rum raisins ( yeah put raisins and rum together and take a Table spoon of raisins .. she claimed it helped... I still say yeah helped because you got drunk )
Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
erinrenae80~ My grandmother has that.. they found it after an accident when she was 18 .. it showed in her Xrays.. she is still kicking although sometimes its painful... and she has tried everything ... including rum raisins ( yeah put raisins and rum together and take a Table spoon of raisins .. she claimed it helped... I still say yeah helped because you got drunk )
I may have to try that one!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #81  

Just do not operate any heavy machinery or a car for that matter *lol*
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #82  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I stepped on the scale and it said 201.2. I am shaking. That is my lowest since the conception of my first child. 1.2 to go! or should I say 2.2, since I want to see 100's. I'm actually a little amazed. I had ice cream last night, for the first time in forever. BUT it was no sugar added, made with Splenda vanilla w/ whipped cream. I always steal the kitties cherries. That was the first fruit (is still fruit after it becomes a maraschino?) I've had since summer when I was eating bananas. It was all very delicious.

Berry I know how to cook a pot roast in the crock, but dd is allergic to carrots and dh and I can't have potatoes...so what would I make as an easy side. All meats are good meats here, but as you know no starchy foods or breads for me and dh. I could use any ideas...I really stink at thinking up things to make and I really think dh would appreciate it because he has been working so hard. He came home last night, had his dinner and went to sleep before I came upstairs and out the door at 4.30 again. We haven't seen him all week even though he's in state and we didn't see him at all last week.

ItsMyTurn Glad to hear your dh got another job. Yay, for getting in you walk. Did the kids go with you?

qtkitty I think that is a good goal for April. I'm rooting for you. I hope the meds start working quick. Get better soon

erinrenae Sorry to hear about the knee. I hope it gets better soon and I hope the doctor can see you today.

Well, ds has asked to stay home today, it's club day and "she's" in it. I feel bad for him. He's been pulled from class already for depression and stayed with a teacher during lunch. The thing is, the school is not telling me any of this, he is. It's double edge, yes I'm glad he's talking to me, but ugh, the school should be too. SO I'll let him sleep today, he hasn't been doing that so well either. How sad, I've never experienced a break up so I have no idea how painful it is for him, but it's so sad to watch as a mom Maybe I'll challenge him to some Wii later I really look for any excuse to get on that little white board now.

OK, gotta go wake the little one (who is nearly as tall as me now )

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I mentioned yesterday that I would have a second gain. I did, no surprise there. I always have a second gain if I eat the extra calories/carbs/sugars at night. Hopefully, today is the end of it.

Calories for yesterday: 1390 +
Weigh In: 148.8
Up: .6
Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Still 134....I hope I haven't hit a plateau!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #85  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

mamakat Do you all like cabbage? An super yummy and delicious meal is roasted pork (like a pork loin) with a bag of sauerkraut and a sliced up onion cooked in a crockpot. To cut down on sour, add a cut up small head of cabbage. Salt and pepper are the only spices. When it is done, add sour cream (a few tablespoons) to the the sauce (once you remove the roast and cabbage)stirring it in until blended (it takes a bit more of the bite out). Put it all in a big bowl, cabbage on bottom, slices of roast on top. I eat it just like that. The rest of my family eats it with potatoes or bread, but it could be eaten with rice too.

That has like 10 minutes prep - tops.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #86  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
Happy Wednesday!

I've been out of the loop last couple of days. The scale is being kind, for which I'm very grateful! We adopted a kitty Monday evening. After a couple of hours at home, I knew she wasn't the cat for us, so I had to take her back to the shelter yesterday. That was SO hard. I was in a funk all day. It was awful, having to take her back. She was in our home less than 18 hours. But I know it just wouldn't have worked out. Quite the crummy Valentine's Day.

I'm not going to attempt personals today. But know that I am reading and trying to keep up.

Hope you all have a great, OP day!
Sorry the cat didn't work out. Was it the dog? Or how did you know? But it was good you figured it out - better for the cat and for you.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #87  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinrenae80 View Post
I forgot to share, I am walking in my first 5K next month. It is a benefit for my ex-hubby's cousin's wife. She's a year older than me and has a terminal brain tumor. Their daughter and my daughter are the same age. It is a sad reason but it will be a fun event. My kids are doing the 5K with me. My son wants to run, my older daughter will walk with me, and my younger daughter will be harnessed in the stroller. LOL!
It is a sad reason, but it is a good thing for the family to do together to rally around. Good for you!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #88  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
No time for personals.. sorry.. am reading though, love the side chatter as well as the fitness talk You all rock!

up at 3:30.. got the meds ready for the kids, woke them in between showering and getting myself ready for work, on the road at 5:30.. got out at 4, burned it to Tempe to pick up tax check (just LOVE waiting in line when they called ME to come get it) , then home in time to find out errands needed to be ran... did fit in some walking, got a half hour in... now at 7:37 I am finally settling in and having supper. I was ecstatic to see my knee high boots came though!!! When I ordered them, they said between Feb 19-22... I love when things come early!!!! Anywho... time to eat and relax...then up at 3:30am again tomorrow Super busy, but having one of those "I am so blessed" moments OH!!!!! And thank you all for the well wishes for DH to find work... today he landed a different night/pt job at Walmart...as soon as his UA and background come through they will schedule him! Yay!
Yay for your DH!!!! And good grief woman, how do you keep it up? You are truly wonderwoman!

Pictures of the boots on you!?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #89  
Melissa

qtkittyHope your cold is feeling better. NO FUN!!!!

Diana See, it's good you know your body so you won't freak out. And most of that gain is water weight.

As for me, yesterday I was on track. Ate 1571 calories. Only 100 over target (unlike the 400 -600 over target I have been while I was not feeling well). and I got the two workouts in and they felt great. Even rode the bike a wee bit yesterday.

All in all my gizmo told me I burned 2550 calories, I took 10500 steps and so that meant yesterday I had about a 900 calories deficit. Wish every day was like that!

Tonight I'm doing that Ballroom Sport Endurance class and I'm looking forward to it! Oh, and scale is down .8

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-16-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #90  

Mamakat~ Hmmm maybe you needed those extra calories to make things work And thank you I am going to work hard to get to the goal and pass it a bit hopefully.

Berry~ What sort of gizmo is your gizmo... curious. As of yet my cold is still hanging on for dear life.. I am hoping that the antibiotics kick in which should help
Closed Thread