Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #61  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Dinner at the table with the whole family, me cooking and cleaning up after. That sounds nice right? SAY RIGHT OK, I gotta go get the kittens off to school.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
I was thinking that would be a really nice gift to give. You can totally keep it simple and not labor intensive so that you don't feel like a slave to the kitchen.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #62  
Melissa

My scale has said the same weight 3 days in a row - so weird to have that happen as I usually jump around all over.

I feel much better today and I'm raring to go. Valentine's day was "eh" for me, but my younger son loved it so much that he wanted to do it again today. So, we will make Valentine's day cookies (we made the batter, but ran out of time to make them yesterday). and I made another cute lunch. This time I cut out the sandwich in the shape of lips and just did the heart shaped newtons. Little guy insisted. I guess he noticed and liked it.

Bodypump and bodystep tonight. Let's see how dead I feel!

And with GOOD sleep last night, my resolve is strong to stick to the food plan. So far so good. But it's only 9:45 am!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

I've been out of the loop last couple of days. The scale is being kind, for which I'm very grateful! We adopted a kitty Monday evening. After a couple of hours at home, I knew she wasn't the cat for us, so I had to take her back to the shelter yesterday. That was SO hard. I was in a funk all day. It was awful, having to take her back. She was in our home less than 18 hours. But I know it just wouldn't have worked out. Quite the crummy Valentine's Day.

I'm not going to attempt personals today. But know that I am reading and trying to keep up.

Hope you all have a great, OP day!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

373.8 this morning... Still down and out because of this cold .. *lol* bounced off the walls this morning on the way to the bathroom because my balance is off.. Heading to the doctor this afternoon.

Berry~ Awwwww …. It is so sweet when they are little and it doesn’t take much to make them so happy … my dd she plays with toilet paper and paper towel rolls ( yah know the middle cardboard part) She makes them into binoculars or runs around tooting on them like a horn, or best yet she made one into a Wilson ( the volley ball off Castaway) with a big smiley face and stickers all over and a piece of paper stuffed in the top for hair.

Bonnie+J~ She did okay.. She didn’t want to get out of bed this morning *lol* that has been the trend the last 2 mornings… I am hoping she isn’t getting this cold.

Mamakat~Geeze … *lol* I would have been like Holy Ficka Fracka and jumping out of bed if something started making noise like that in the middle of the night..I would have done surgery on the moose *LOL*.. My dd has a lot of noisy toys and I have prayed for the batteries to die in some of the more annoying ones *LOL*

I do not know but sometimes I think that the bed set ups from the 50’s would be awesome … you know in the old shows where they have people in 2 twin beds *lol* They always cracked me up sooo much. I always thought I took up to much bed … just me being weird I guess. Or even better 2 different rooms. I think that would be awesome too in some respects because then you do not have to listen to someone snore all night. Then again I am single sooo *lol*

ItsMyTurn~ I ended up with Musinex Plus. The guys were sort of funny and looked so discombobulated.

Moondance~ keep your eyes open .. You never know when the right fur baby will tumble into your life
Old 02-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #65  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

qtkitty 373.8...nice. I'm watching your numba go down at a nice pace...awesome. It doesn't seem so long ago when you were wanting to be in the 370's and you are just breezing through.

Berry Love to hear the little one wanted seconds. That let's you know, you are awesome. Hope you get through both classes tonight. Any easy suggestions on a meal something that's not confusing or with a lot of steps....something like McDonald's

Moondance sorry to hear about the kitty.

I got in 30 mins of exercise, I'm rocking strength training and yoga...who knew. I tell you one thing though, I can't wait til the day when that stinking Wii scale doesn't "that's obese". Yikes when will that day be anyway? I gotta look that up. OK, gotta go get the kitten and take him to a friends, he's decided his buddy is better than me or home, and I'm okay with that. I can work on laundry.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #66  
Melissa

Seriously, there are some easy yummy foods out there - like chili. Or throwing a roast in the crockpot. Most people do NOT spend a lot of time with cooking, so there are tons of ways to make short cuts too. I'm just insane with what I do, but I also love it (mostly), so it makes sense.

Let me think of a few things tonight and I'll run them by you to see if you think any of those will fly. Any special likes or dislikes (besides your no wheat?)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!

Moondance~You'll find the right addition to your family. He or she will probably find you when you least expect it.

qtkitty~I hope you get to feeling better soon. It is miserable.

mamakat~You'll get there soon on the Wii. That part is kind of discouraging but when you meet the goals, you get the little mini celebration. That's pretty satisfying!

As for me, my knees are a mess! Today, I'm doing good to walk. I thought for a minute I was going to be in trouble walking back to my car after class this morning. I called the doctor's office and haven't heard anything back. I'm hoping to hear something first thing in the morning. Exercising is on the back burner for the time being. I've gotten my eating back under control so I had another loss yesterday.

I forgot to share, I am walking in my first 5K next month. It is a benefit for my ex-hubby's cousin's wife. She's a year older than me and has a terminal brain tumor. Their daughter and my daughter are the same age. It is a sad reason but it will be a fun event. My kids are doing the 5K with me. My son wants to run, my older daughter will walk with me, and my younger daughter will be harnessed in the stroller. LOL!

And look down. Finally!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1390 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 calories)
Orzo salad
1/2 serving Orzo 105 calories
chicken breast 225 calories
asparagus 25 calories
kalamata olives 30 calories
feta cheese 60
dessert
Cottage cheese 135 calories
cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 45 EZ
TF Fire 45
Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Itsmyturn How was your day? Has everything calmed down some? Were you able to do your strength workout today?

JoJoP Hi

Berry Glad you are feeling better and you got some much needed rest.

Moondance I'm sorry the new cat didn't work out. I'm sure a perfect match will come along soon.

Qtkitty How was your Dr. appointment today? It's sounds like your equilibrium is messed up. Maybe something is going on with your inner ear. Here's the link to the post about the "magic foods" http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...gic-foods.html

Mamakat Great job on the Wii and those workouts!

Erinrenae It is really hard to exercise when you have knee issues. I hope things are better by the time of the 5K.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great day

morning: skipped my juice- kitchen was a mess and couldn't be bothered to clear space for my cutting board, and make a new mess! Had an apple and a pack of Natures Path instant oatmeal in Maple Nut (210 cals)

lunch: miso soup, avocado & veggie-stuffed sweet pepper boats (same as yesterday), and probably half a cup of this little mushroom salad I like to make- thickly sliced raw mushrooms, nutritional yeast, salt & pepper, and olive oil. (In the Summer I put basil from my garden in there, and some sun-dried tomatoes- yum!)

snack: went to the coffee shop beside my work and got a vanilla almond milk latte and oatmeal-chocolate chip cookie... I'm realizing mid-afternoon is when my body wants this sort of stuff. I should work on a good substitution...

dinner: leftover tofurkey feast! 3 slices of roast, couple Tbsp cranberry sauce, mushroom gravy, cauliflower-potato mash, peas. And I'm going to have to have a slice of the leftover chocolate cake, I suspect...

I'll be back on track with dinner tomorrow night! Maybe I'll make it my goal to make it through a day without some sort of sweet fix. I was doing so well with no sugar (I was making mini raw chocolates to have in the house for my sweet tooth), but that one batch of *inhaled* chocolate chip cookies last weekend really got to me...

Have a good evening, everyone.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #71  

Morning Weight 373.8 ( dr’s office 380 /Last visit on 1/25 I was 387)

Breakfast
½ Banana 75
Sub Total 75

Lunch
Big Mac Bowl 430
Sub Total 430

Dinner
DQ Grilled Chicken Salad 240
½ Honey Mustard Dressing 130
Mini Cherry Chocolate Blizzard 330
Fries ( snagged a few of dd’s kiddy size fries) 100
2c 1% Milk ( dd decided she prefers it …. Because its pink *rotfl*) 220
Sub Total 1020

Daily Total 1425

Water 60

Mamakat~ Wondering if I shouldn’t be sick more often I seem to loose a lot when I am … kidding … That would be horrid…My doctor asked me how much I had lost and I told her 23 since December 19. She was like Holy COW that’s awesome its hard to loose that much that fast. I think she forgets what a big girl I am. I just hope to keep seeing it going down.. Instead of having anymore spikes. It’s a mini goal/dream of mine to be below 350lbs by the end of April (that’s 24lbs in 10 weeks or 2.4lbs a week.. I have lost 23 in 8 weeks so it is so do-able) Yeah I finally put it in black and white Yipes! Fat You better burn baby burn *lol*

Ohh and btw I agree with Berry crock pot recipes are the bomb for easy prep. And there are liners for crock pots so clean up is super easy. *nods*

Erinrenae80~ Thank you .. I have started antibiotics this evening ( which reminds me I need to get more yogurt and eat it more often) .. Had a temp at the doctors office so she strongly recommended if I could to stay out tomorrow.. That and the fact I fell asleep between the time the nurse left and she got in there to check on me .. Opps. She knows people have to work for a living and if you do not have the time to take she will let you go back to work if your not hospitalized.

I hope your knee gets better… have you been to an orthopedic before for the knee?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #72  

Christaface~ Is the nutritional yeast like brewer's yeast? I hung around in a forum a long time ago where they loved to put brewer's yeast on their popcorn ... always sounded yummy.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #73  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

No time for personals.. sorry.. am reading though, love the side chatter as well as the fitness talk You all rock!

up at 3:30.. got the meds ready for the kids, woke them in between showering and getting myself ready for work, on the road at 5:30.. got out at 4, burned it to Tempe to pick up tax check (just LOVE waiting in line when they called ME to come get it) , then home in time to find out errands needed to be ran... did fit in some walking, got a half hour in... now at 7:37 I am finally settling in and having supper. I was ecstatic to see my knee high boots came though!!! When I ordered them, they said between Feb 19-22... I love when things come early!!!! Anywho... time to eat and relax...then up at 3:30am again tomorrow Super busy, but having one of those "I am so blessed" moments OH!!!!! And thank you all for the well wishes for DH to find work... today he landed a different night/pt job at Walmart...as soon as his UA and background come through they will schedule him! Yay!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
Christaface~ Is the nutritional yeast like brewer's yeast? I hung around in a forum a long time ago where they loved to put brewer's yeast on their popcorn ... always sounded yummy.
It's a bit different. I seem to remember being told to take brewer's yeast when I was breast feeding, as a supplement to help my milk supply- it's a bit bitter, according to the "nutritional yeast vs. brewer's yeast" articles that come up on google. Nutritional yeast is kind of cheesy tasting (the popular brand is Red Star, I think? I buy it in bulk @ the health food store), and flakey. It melts into things. I make a lot of cheesy sauces with it, vegan mac & cheese and broccoli-cheese soup. and yes- it's amazing on popcorn! For popcorn or kale chip seasoning, I like to mix it with dill & onion powder- it's addictive! I do probably 3 parts nutritional yeas to 1 part each of dill and onion. It's really good for B vitamins, too.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #75  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christaface View Post
It's a bit different. I seem to remember being told to take brewer's yeast when I was breast feeding, as a supplement to help my milk supply- it's a bit bitter, according to the "nutritional yeast vs. brewer's yeast" articles that come up on google. Nutritional yeast is kind of cheesy tasting (the popular brand is Red Star, I think? I buy it in bulk @ the health food store), and flakey. It melts into things. I make a lot of cheesy sauces with it, vegan mac & cheese and broccoli-cheese soup. and yes- it's amazing on popcorn! For popcorn or kale chip seasoning, I like to mix it with dill & onion powder- it's addictive! I do probably 3 parts nutritional yeas to 1 part each of dill and onion. It's really good for B vitamins, too.
It's a deactivated yeast, so you can't grow anything with it. It's also a complete protein.
Closed Thread