Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #1  
a work in progress...

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#291

WELCOME!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-26-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:48 AM   #2  
a work in progress...

I figured that since my post was #30, I'd better start up a new thread, unless someone beat me to it! Hear that, 2cute?

Whew! Finally a moment to sit and chill and not have to be somewhere in 10 minutes! This past weekend was a whirlwind of activity, plus I worked, Sat, Sun and Mon! Tuesday, I opted for a good long sleep after work, so I missed WI (not Wisconsin). Last night, we took the 4:00 train into the city, and saw "Les Miserables" one last time...the show is closing next month. Dh, myself, daughter and her friend, son and my nephew...we really had a lot of fun! Got a LOT of walking in...the theater is 13 blocks from Penn Station...LONG city blocks...throw in dodging commuters rushing home, street vendors, panhandlers, not to mention trying to corral two 12 year old boys who pay absolutely no attention to their surroundings, and you've got yourself a great workout! Twice! There and back again...and it was COLD! No matter...I love NY! The hustle and bustle, the energy...it's a great place to visit!

Boy, the thread seems to have picked up a bit...that's good, I was getting worried there!

My daughter feels very confident about her audition, we should know mid March. The other school we visited was nice, but didn't have the "feel." They say that, ultimately, the student should have a good feeing about the school, be able to see themselves there...my daughter wasn't "ga ga" over this place, but said she'll go there if she doesn't get accepted at her first choice. (pragmatic soul that she is)

On to replies...

Thin! Good to hear from you! Don't let a day of good eating go down the tubes because of chocolate...just move on...perhaps you could install a loud alarm system in the pantry...DROP THE CHOCOLATE AND STEP AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!! hmmm...come to think of it, I could use one by the cookie jar!

Baylee... Thanks for pointing out the error of my counting! In my eagerness to start the new thread, I guess I got the numbers all discombobulated! Good for you on facing that scale! I'm glad you're back on track...and back posting too! Thanks for the article...good stuff there!

Michelle... Another semester, another job? Good Lord, woman, I can't keep up with you! But it's good to see a post from you. Keep coming back, we will re-inspire you back onto the right track!

Tina... Great job, girl! 4 lbs is awesome! Weren't you doing the Wendie Plan last week? Definitely goes to show you that eating at the top and bottom of your points range gets you some results! WAY TO GO!!

Duckie... I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling too great...I hope you feel better soon...I love the story about your son and his "beaver!" How cute!

Donna... Hey, since you're walking at the mall anyway...why not stop in at "Bath and Body Works" and get son's GF a nice gift certificate? To me, a purse is kind of a personal thing I'd rather choose myself! Even though it sounds like you are the Imelda Marcos of pocketbooks!

Sandy... If you are pigging out on spaghetti squash and beets, you are a much better woman than I am! Hope your neck is feeling better!

Allright, I have gone 45 minutes PAST the time that I had allotted myselffor posting today...If I missed a reply to you, I'll catch you next time!

Have a great day all!

Old 02-26-2003, 12:34 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys.... Just a quick post to let you know that I am here in spirit if not in post. Don't worry, everything is fine on the eating front. I have so many things to tell you guys, but the phone is ringing crazy today. We just updated our website, so it you want to check it out, it's www.ntas.com No, this is not a shameless plug, it is simply to let you guys see who I work for.

I'll try to respond quickly to everyone if I can..bear with me.

Thin: Keep your head up sweetie. You know we've all been down that road before. It does get better.

Michelle: What's up with the new job? I didn't know you were unhappy with the old one. Come on girl....dish!

Baylee: You crack me up. Congrats on going back to your T.O.P.S meeting. A good step in the right direction. I hate trying to lose weight that I've already lost, but don't you worry. You can do it.

Donna: You are a shop aholic! Me and you have definitely GOT to get together. Now, for my two cents on the gift for the gf. I "personally" love purses or handbags and would love getting a leather one. I think it's an awesome gift, but Thin could be right on that one. People are very picky about these type of things and just in case your & her styles do not match, I'd hate for you to spend the money and her not carry it, know what I mean? Also, since you're going to Indiana, any chance of you bringing me anything back? Perhaps something that weighs 160 lbs with dark hair, dark eyes, drives fast, wears orange and has a fettish for the #20! I'm SURE dh won't mind.

Sandy: You are so much braver than me. NO way would you find this ol girl on roller skates. Have a great time!

Duckie: Alright girl....you tell your friend to get out his boxing gloves cause I'm coming to kick his butt! I have heard Tony called a lot of things, but gay has never been one of them. Sorry you've been feeling bad sweetie. Feel better.

Kat: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter. I sure do hope she gets into her first choice. One day I will definitely visit NY and when I do, I will be knocking on your door!

Lucky: Where are you!? Come out, come out..wherever you are! I love you and I miss you and I want to talk to you.

2cute: Please forgive me...are you gone again. I didn't remember what you posted on the last thread and I'm scared to try and go over read it again for fear I'll lose my post. Oh well, just know I love you and I'm thinking of you.

Ok, I know I'm missing some and I'm sorry....I just can't stay on here any longer...it's taken me forever just to type the little that I have. Lord, I'll be glad when it slows down some.

Remind me that I have to tell you about doing a 4 mile WATP yesterday and that I have adopted a dog named Lucky!

Love you guys!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #4  

Talking WHAT A FIX!!!

Boy!!! That was almost as good as a Big~N~Tasty......(just kidding) But we sure are chatty today girls!! I love it!! Fixes me right up.

Thin/ I ended up not doing to bad yesterday after all, think I just caught myself and realized that it could be a really bad day, I can't count the times I went to the kitchen just to look and tool a long drink of water and gave a sigh.......then once I found my head in the fridge and the turkey plate in my hand and had one piece in my mouth and another in my hand....and that's when I said out loud STOP!!! I will not be dragged back in to those old habits, I am making a life change. I forgot to tell all you girls that the other day when I made the Turkey, Oh how I was dying to bite into that skin!!! I love it!! But, I took it off the bird and threw it on the floor to the dog so I could not have it!!! 1 small step for me, 1 giant step for my arteries

The rollerskating......I am gonna try it again....oh how I loved it when I was younger, I can sit here and think about how I loved it and smile. I need one of those feel good times and that will do the trick and to be with my 2 wonderful kids and enjoying the day will be a bonus. (lets all keep our fingers crossed I don't fall on my butt and break something!!!)

KAT/ Once you patent those talking thingy majigs you are gonna make, please send me one that just plain says "STEP AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN, WE ARE CLOSED"..I will thank you in advance.

Donna/ Christmas??? Are you late or early? Maybe Christmas comes at a different date down there in the South? Just joking with you!!! But here is my scoop on the purse. Im 33 and well I would love to have a leather bag!!! But I am kinda picky about the style I like? Maybe just a plain leather bag with nothing fancy and not a lot of pockets and stuff on the outside? Or I think the gift certificate to the Bed and Bath place was an awesom Idea. I'm sure she will love whatever you get if she loves your son and is trying to impress you (hahahaha)

Love and Hugs girls, keep chatting!!
Sandy
Old 02-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #5  

thanks for all your imput about the handbag guys. I never thought about a gift certificate. I thought about B and B and then thought no because everyone doesn't like the same scents.

Ok, take pity on poor me. This has got to be chalked up as my worst day ever. My cat knocked off two of my pieces of
Spanish porcelain and broke them, we had a personal issue come up this morning that has to be taken care of because it is a false report on our credit report, then my nasty older sister e-mailed me and got all ugly about something with me. I just want to hide until tomorrow gets here. Congratulate me, I have not eaten my way through the house even being this stressed. I sat and cried for 1/2 hour regarding my figurines. My sister upset me but to tell you the truth she is always an old prune so I don't usually listen to her crap. On the other hand, my collection is worth about $6000 and those two pieces are now worthless. On top of that my insurance does not cover breakage only fire,theft, etc. They are the only things in my house that I am adament with kids about not messing with. My dh brought me back the pieces on his very first cruise so they are about 29 years old and continue to go up in value. Except of course for the broken ones! Oh poo, I am just in a foul mood and I can't even get outside and exercise.

Tina: Do you think he would mind sitting in the gs's car seat? We might be able to get him to your house that way!

I am sorry guys. I am just not my old heeheeheeing self. I will try and post later. Hopefully, I will be feeling a little more chipper.

Donna
Old 02-26-2003, 04:40 PM   #6  

Angry Hello my lovelies!

It's a sweet, serene, sunny day up here in my neck of the woods PLUS, it's Weigh-In Wednesday! My scale was kind to me this morning... and granted me a two pound loss, seemingly out of nowhere so... that makes my current weight 143 pounds, down 127 pounds from May of 2002!

Today has been quiet. No calls on the sexual assault lines and a friend dropped by for coffee and a chat this afternoon. All is well.

Tina! I don't think I got a chance to congratulate you on your loss this week! That's fantastic! I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will reach your goals... you've demonstrated that overall consistency and determination that ultimately ends successfully! Woohoo!

Donna: Personally, I'd love a leather handbag... and not even a genaric one. I'd like a funky, stylish one... maybe red or tan! (Here, I'll PM you will my address!)

Kat: I can totally sympathize with your daughter having to wait until March to find out about school! I've been waiting on pins and needles to find out about grad school; I'm supposed to get SOME news by the end of February.... which doesn't give them a lot of time to get something in my mailbox!

Okay, chickies. Gotta start thinking about something fabulous (and healthy) for din-din tonight.

Sara
Highest Weight: 270 Pounds
Current Weight: 143 Pounds
Old 02-26-2003, 05:40 PM   #7  

Default Long Time No See.....

Hello everyone. I know some of you "old timers" on the thread remember me. Hello again to 2Cute, TT, QueenB, and the rest of you that are still hanging around here. I haven't gone back and read any of the other threads yet, so there's some catching up to do.
And Hello to all of you I haven't met yet!!

I guess it's probably been about.....WOW ::....almost a year since I last posted. It's been a REALLY busy year , and also a REALLY REALLY terrible year as far as weight is concerned.

If you guys recall, my DH joined the army and was away at Boot Camp and AIT (Advanced Individual Training) for about 8 months. Then I got to see him for 2 weeks in August. Then he was off to Germany. We finally got approved for Government housing, and the kids and I were able to join him at the end of October.

I just NOW got the internet service that I signed up for the VERY DAY I GOT HERE!!! I have to say that customer service over here isn't one of the high points. More about that later.

So ANYWAY... Two years ago I started losing the weight. I wasn't going to gain it back EVER!! I had started at 242 pounds. My highest weight was about 255. Well, by about August of '01, I was stuck at 185. I was pretty OK with that. It was a major plateau, but I could shop in the normal section of the store and that was close enough for me. I managed to maintain it until about the time my DH left for Boot Camp in February of '02. By August '02 I had gone back up to 204. In October, when I came here to Germany, I was up to 216. When I got here is when the really hit the fan. OH MY GOSH THE FOOD HERE IS INCREDIBLE!!! OMIGOSH!! All we did was eat, eat, eat, the first few weeks I was here. Then there was the evil holidays of course and that didn't help. End result is that now I am back up to 236 pounds. I have gained back almost all the weight I lost, and am pretty discouraged. Hence why I looked you guys up.

I went to my assigned Doctor a few days ago, and she was about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine. She refused to be of any help to me. "The problem" she tells me is that "people like you eat too much. You simply need to eat less." End of discussion. Um..... DUH!!! I totally went off at her. I looked at her with a sarcastically suprised face and said "Really?? You mean I've been missing that all this time?? It's just that simple?? Here I've just been stuffing myself silly and couldn't figure out why I gain weight", as well as a few other choice remarks. She said if I didn't like it, that I could request a new doctor, and so I have. However, the new doctor is on leave, so i can't see her for 2 weeks. Oh well.

Well, I think that about covers it for now. The short version anyway.

Gee... I really love all the new smilies!! SO CUTE!!

Oh look!! Here is the one I need... LOL

Well, it's late at night here, and I'm awfully tired so I'm off to bed.

Talk at ya all later,
Jen
Old 02-26-2003, 05:42 PM   #8  

PS.

Sara!!

What are you doing to lose weight?

Dang girl, it's just a'fallin off of you.

What's your secret?
However you're doing it, congrats to you!!

Jen
Old 02-26-2003, 06:51 PM   #9  

Darn, I just lost my post!

Jen: It is good to meet you. My husband is retired Navy so I know how corpsmen and military doctors are. Only an idiot would be so mean to a patient and she is obviously a stupid You can get this weight back off again sweety and we are here to support you so just keep postin'

Well, I am better now. When my sweety dh got home we went to the mall and I burned up the tiles with a nice brisk walk and then instead of eating at the chinese restaurant at the food court, we went to the store and I got a lean cuisine chicken fried rice and veggie egg roll. It is sweet n sour chicken or general tsao's, but it is not gonna land on my butt either. As to the other. I am calmer about my porcelain and will just get glue for it tomorrow as the damage is down and can't be undone. As for the credit thing that is going to wait until I am not mad to deal with it so I don't come off as a ravin lunatic. As for my sister, she is never going to change so I just have to accept that and let it go.

My younger sister just joined WW and sent this to me because she knew it would make me laugh. I hope you like it too.
It is called : The cat who saw you naked.

Donna
Old 02-26-2003, 09:12 PM   #10  

Hey there chickies,
Well I got home from my work party and looky looky someone new for me to post too. Hi JENmy name is Sandy and I have been posting here for almost 5 weeks, I love this thread, it's my absolute favorite!!!
Wow, Germany, how exciting. How long will you be over there? Did the kids adjust well and how old are they? Oh I'm so straight forward .
Well girls tomorrow is WI for me!! And I'm really excited, I think I did really well this week. Now you all know I've been on the scales everyday this week and truth be known probably like 2 or 3 times a day just to see what the differences are between morning and mid-day and night. My best time, or should I say best weigh time, seems to be mid-day (never claimed I was normal ) anyway I will wait to post my new weight till tomorrow cause I don't want to jinx it! I did my WATP tape again today (2miles today) I'm thinking I will do at least 1 maybe 2 and then 3 if I feel like I gotta keep going depending on the day I guess. Today I think I put more in to the work out or something because by the time I got to the end of that 2nd mile I was sweating to beat ****!!! I guess when that lady (leslie) said to scooch a little on the legs apart and side steps I really was squatting and getting a good work out, then once I looked and I was walking faster than the ones on tv. Got a little excited I guess.
Well girls I'll be back again tomorrow, the boss already told me she won't be in so the office is mine!!!!!!!!So post lots for me.

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 02-26-2003, 11:10 PM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi JEN !!!!! Welcome home !!!! I remember you very well and I am glad you are back.
Sara has a journal. You will find it under her avatar. Go read it and you will see what it takes to be successful. Bottom line... she worked for her success and we are all very proud of her. Many others are following in her path here. Stick around and you will be too real soon.

I don't have time to post to everyone. I just had to share my TWIN STORY with Thinthinker. Do you remember her saying she ripped her pants out roller skating? Well here is my same saga.

When I was a young teenager ... I went roller skating... I fell ..... the inseam of my pants ripped from one ankle, up to the crouch, and down to the other ankle !!!!! My pants were then an "open skirt" !!!!!

I was at the FAR END of the rink. My friends went and got my coat for me to cover up with. But it was a SHORT coat so I had to wrap it around my stomach and they walked behind me to hide my BUTT !!!

I could not believe it when I read Thins story !!!!
We are not twins... we are one and the same person.

Okay... sorry I can't post. I spent all my time reading the last hour.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-27-2003 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:58 AM   #12  

Hello again!!

Sara: I just read your journal. The statement "A year from now I'll wish I had started today" really hits home. So many times I've thought to myself, if I had not given up, I would be at my goal now. Usually that just depresses me even further, but today I have to really focus on that, not give up, and look at what the next year can bring. Look at you! What an inspiration!

Donna: No kidding about the military docs!! This is our first duty station, and we're new to the military. On one hand, being able to go to a doctor is such a novelty because we've never had insurance before. But it's of no help when the doctor is a cold hearted, unfeeling, uncompassionate !!! The new doctor I've been referred to specializes in obesity and as I understand it has been obese herself, so I'm hoping for a better visit next time. PS-> I LOVE the cat picture LOL !!

Sandy: My husband has been given a 3 year tour over here, but if he gets accepted to flight school (he wants to fly the BlackHawk), then we will go to Ft. Rucker Alabama next year sometime. It's been cold and miserable since we got here, so we haven't been out to do much sight seeing. We went to a castle not far from our post, and that was really cool. I just can't wait for spring though, so we can do some weekend road trips. And hey! One of the best benefits of living here is that I can afford to drive a BMW!! They are a dime a dozen over here I bought mine for $2500. Try THAT in the states!! (I'll try to post a picture below)
As for the rug rats, I have a 7 year old son (Zachary) and a 3-almost-4(as of March 21) year old girl (Sierra). Both of the kids have adjusted exceptionally well. My son really likes the school here and has already made a lot of friends. My daughter is just happy to be back living with daddy.
Anyhoo, good luck to you on the WI tomorrow. I too am a compulsive weigher, several times a day. I've got to knock that off though. Sometimes it's counter productive and depressing.

Hi 2Cute!! I had my own pants ripping episode not too long ago. I was soooooo mortified. It was a sure sign that I was gaining too much weight. I had been packing on weight, but was still trying to cram my size 18 butt into my size 12 pants. I was going out to dinner with my mom, but when I got in her car and sat down, the entire butt of my jeans split open. I was sooo upset.
Looking forward to posting with you again!!

Think that about it for now.
Talk at ya all later,
Jen
Old 02-27-2003, 08:09 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

MMMM! Baylee...that sounds yummy! i will have to try that!

Welcome back Jen! I think you left not too long after I started posting on this thread...was it something I said? I'm glad you found your way back to the fold! Good luck with your efforts!

Donna, love that picture! Kitty definitely saw me naked!

Good luck with WI, Sandy!

Hi Sara! Good to see you...WTG on two more lbs!

You girls and your "seam splitting" tales had me laughing! I did the same not too long ago, going to work...you have to step up to get into my Rodeo...as I stepped and dropped one cheek on the seat, there went my scrub pants...RRRRIIIPPP!! right up the backside! : Another night late for work...

Tina, I look forward to the day you come knocking on my door!

Lucky, darling...come out, come out and post please!

Hi everyone else! I have to go rustle up some breakfast for my sleepy son...he just came downstairs, grumbling and mumbling and stumbling into the shower...he is still so "little boyish" and sweet, hasn't developed any of the "pre-teen angst" yet...
I can wait...

See you all later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-27-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:30 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

Hello
I'm here at work. Our niece in Michigan died yesterday. Her husband was taking her to the Dr. for another test and she collapsed at the door he called 911 but they couldn't revive her.

We will probably be leaving for Michigan tonight.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:47 AM   #15  

Mary: Our prayers go out to you. I will definitely spend some time in prayer for your family today.

Jen: Hey, I have heard and done it all, so if you ever need ANY info about the military, I can probably get you the information. Though Jack was Navy, our daughter was born at Fort Bliss in El Paso. Everybody always wonders what kind of Navy base was in the desert, but the truth is he was on recruiter duty! That is a nice base if you ever get stationed stateside.

Well, I have one question. I want to know who the it was that told the powers that be that I needed more headaches today after everything yesterday? Hum????? I saw this morning we were losing air in the back right tire and so now we have to go and have that rim replaced as well. I had plans for that money and it wasn't for shoes for the car, but for ME! Oh well, it is better now than when we were on the way to Indiana and it blew or something. It is just irritating that I seem to be having the week from you know where!

I gotta go guys. I am purging my hair of its distinctly older color and it is about time to wash it out. Will try and post later if I am not sitting at Firestone all day!

Donna
Closed Thread