Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Quickie post for Sandy...

Sandy, ok girl....just hang on. You can do this. You are going to have days like this. It just happens. It happens whether you are trying to change your life and eat sensibly or if you are eating whatever you want with abandon. There are just days that you want to eat the entire house! Or at least eat everything that doesn't move quick enough. Just remember what's important, and that's what a wonderful job you have been doing. There are days that I feel like I could eat everything in the entire kitchen, and then there are days that I am so in control, even I am in awe of me. Just take a deep breath and try to get away from the kitchen. Read a book, take a bubble bath or call a friend. You did the right thing by coming here. That means that you are aware of your feelings and you're not eating without watching what you're doing. Stay strong and remember how well you've been doing and how proud we all are of you. When you feel weak, just remember, although we are not there in person to hold your hand, we are there in spirit. Don't ever forget that.

Or, you could just ask dh for a big n tasty! That should keep you out of the kitchen (unless you're feeling kinky) and definitely a good way to burn off calories! And of course, I'm sure your dh is always ready to do anything for the cause!

Last edited by QueenB; 02-25-2003 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:43 PM   #17  

Afternoon chicklets

My poor eye's, I don't know if I can handle another weekend of missed post's. I just read the last 2 threads as well as this one, now my eyes are burning and I can't focus properly, I think since I started working here my eyesight has gotten worse, and that's no good considering I'm wearing the strongest contacts I can get, I should really get the laser surgery done on my eyes before I get to old, they say it works better when your young.

My son had a hockey tournament on Saturday, just a reminder that he's only 5yrs old, I just sit and laugh through the whole game, it's so funny watching them. They also have raffles and different draws at the tournament, and one of the things they did to raise money was, sell Frisbee's, 3 for 5 dollars, they all have #'s on them, and they put a bucket in the middle of the rink, and everyone throw's their frisbee trying to get it into the bucket or close to it. And guess what, my son won, He won 2 tickets to an NHL Hockey game, Edmonton Oilers against the Sharks, for next Tuesday, I know DB was quite happy, DS thought he won hockey stuff not hockey tickets so he wasn't to pleased, but once he gets to the game I think he'll really enjoy it. Mom will have to stay home seeing as it was only two tickets, but I don't mind I hate hockey. Or any other sport that can be viewed on TV, DB thinks that's all there is to watch, I'd rather watch cartoon's than anything to do with sports.

My poor son was so sick yesterday, well today he didn't seem to well either, has one of those persistent coughs that wont stop, as well as a fever and threw up a couple of times. Last night he was laying on the couch, half a sleep and he sit's up and says my beaver is gone, and I'm looking at him saying what your beaver is gone, he says yeah my beaver and feels his forehead, I just started to laugh it was so cute. ( his fever was gone )
Kids say the darndest things

Tina congrats on your loss, see maybe you were in starvation mode these past couple of weeks, sometimes it pays to eat more.
My boss is a really big Race Car fan, he has model race cars all over his office, some old Dale Earnherdt (sp) model cars, he says a worth alot of money, as well as this plaque of Dale when he won his 7th race just before he died, can't remember what it was called, he said I probably don't know who Dale is and I said yes I do I even know who Tony Stewart is, and he said, now brace yourself, he's gay, just in a bugging manner, I don't really think he thinks he's really gay. Not that it matters, some men get jealous of pretty boys that do good.

I'm still stuck at 291 lbs have not been trying at all, I guess I'm kind of in a funk, I just don't seem to care right now, as well as my Trich has been acting up really bad, so that makes me feel worse, ( trichtillmania, look it up for those who don't know what it means ) I went from Oct 1st till Jan 1st pull free, now it's back and I can't stop, I find that when I'm losing and eating healthy I want to look good all around, but when I fall off track, I don't really care how the rest of me looks. Need to get back on track.

I'm also put in a bid to do the cleaning at the office I work for, hope I get it, I bid $800 dollars a month, one day week, about 6 hrs per week, sure could use the extra money, and since I'm at work I can stay after hours and do the cleaning then. Wasn't to sure what to bid, I think the lady that's doing it now is getting $1000 a month, hope I didn't bid to low. Wish me luck

Well I should get back to work, toodle's
Old 02-25-2003, 06:23 PM   #18  

Thanks for the pep talk Tina!!! It helped. And Baylee, thanks for the article!! I will try that next time I get into a battle with the kitchen like today.

Well I decided if I could not trust myself here at home I would leave for a while and I did, and did'nt bother to come back till it was time to cook supper!!! This helped me tremendously. I did take a few bites fo Turkey off the left over plate in the fridge, but said to myself "STOP" you've come to far to come to this fridge and let it take you over!! I will succedd, I will get to my goal, I will be in control of myself and my food!! Breath, breath, breath.
All better. Now its 6:20 and I have my popcorn and pumpkin pudding figured into the food to still eat today and hit 30 pts out of 34 I'm allowed for the day. Yesterday I only ate 26, maybe thats why I was hungry today, don't think so though, and it's time for TOM again I think, just wish it would start already, you would think once your all done having kids your body would just say okay no more periods for you, boy that would be heaven.

And Tina, getting in a Big N Tasty is how I got my neck hurt in the first place, but maybe just maybe it would put it back in to working order? And YES, my dh is always willing to help in that department, he's like an energizer bunny. We had a big talk about that the other night and him saying I don't seem to want it as much lately, well for couple of years now I guess, and I finally told him that I hate my body and how it looks and it really bothers me to think he is looking at this yucky thing in front of him. He said "honey, I love you no matter what, and I desire you no matter what and always will!!!" It's nice to know I can still turn him on after 13 years of marriage and 15 years of being together.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 02-25-2003, 07:42 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Computer store called they have my computer fixed. They had to completely wash my system so I have to reload everything. So maybe I'll be on for chat Sat
Old 02-25-2003, 08:19 PM   #20  

Good evening everyone!

Interesting posts!

Sandy: I am pmsing and ready to eat the house so I do understand. Here is my take on it and always has been. If I think I am starving to death, I wait approx 15-20 minutes, if I am still hungry I eat something. I guess research says that "emotional hunger" as described in the article only lasts 10 minutes and then goes away, but I give it an extra few just in case. The one thing though is that while you are waiting that few minutes you can't focus on the hunger so I guess you will have to try the word jumble while you wait! Unfortunately for me, those kind of puzzles drive me nuts so I would probably eat a loaf of bread in frustration!

Mary: Hope you can get your computer back up to normal real soon!

Baylee: I have a wonderful gay hairdresser who is a real hoot, but I have to say when he talks about his "spouse" there I go right off the edge. I am a captive audience with half my hair cut and images too awful to imagine running around in my head! Last haircut he was going on and on about this guy and I started squirming and had to make a lamo excuse for why!

Duckie: How adorable that must be, a team of 5 year olds playing hockey! Our son played in navy base baseball league and his sister who was 5 begged me to let her play t-ball. They put her out in right field and all she would do is pick flowers! They lost every game but one and that was the one she missed because her father's ship was coming in from a 9 month deployment. The poor little thing thought she was the reason the team never won!

Tina: You sure have a lot of Big n Tasty at your house don't ya? My dh feels lucky if the old MickyD's visits him once a month so to speak!

Ok, guys I have to go. Hubby is chomping at the bit to get in here! All he has to do is go buy a new router so I have internet on my computer!!!!!

Donna
Old 02-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #21  
Learning To Live For Me

Hello everyone. I"m sorry I've not been posting like I should have, but the last few days have been so hard. It seems I have been in an never ending binge and I hate it! I am just compltely fed up with food and letting it control my life. I'm tired of sitting here feeling useless because I've over ate, or went off my program. I'm doing Weight Watchers right now, and it is honestly the only program that has helped me. But with all the binging I've dont lately, I'm lucky to have not gained the whole 50lbs back yet. I'm sorry, I dont mean to rant, I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I hope everyone is haveing a good evening.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:34 AM   #22  

Silver Raven/ Please do post anything you want. It helps to get it out and to account to someone for it I guess. I know yesterday once I posted I was having what could have been a really bad day, it helped. Just putting it in writting made it more real and I had to think about what I was doing. Hope that makes sence. So, like I said feel free to post whatever your heart desires!!!

Baylee/ You know we still love you no matter what!! Now you feel better and your starting over, thats what each new day is for. You will succeed, you will get there!! Just come join us and keep giving us those articles when we need them and we we try to keep giving you laughs and hugs and inspiration!!

Donna/ I hope for the dishwasher guys sake that the man is there today to install!!! I can see your getting very upset about this!! #1 Rule=DON'T GET STRESSED!!!! That poor old antique of a dishwasher you talk about just wanted to get in a few more washes . Maybe you can send Martha this way, b/c I don't even have a dishwasher cepts for these to lovely hands of mine and dirty dishes are a real pet peeve of mine. I did try to install a 10 year old model when I was trying to give my dear son more responsibilities (this did not work) I said what did I have kids for??? Oh well I will keep washing away.

Now let me tell you a little of whats happening here, nothing to do with weight really (well it all ties in I guess). Between my 2 kids friends I swear we have been to a kids b-day party almost everyweekend since December!!! This weekend we have 2, on Saturday Alexis has one at an Ice Skating center a few towns over. Then on Sunday we have one at a Roller Skating center a few towns away in the other direction. I am not gonng ice skate cause I cant keep my fat butt up on those little blades without my ankles killing me!! But I am gonna attempt to roller skate!! I used to love rollerskating when I was a kid!! And when I was in my early teens we went every weekend!! So fingers crossed I don't fall on my butt, I'm hoping I will have a blast with my 2 kids and them seeing mom skate!!

Then next weekend my ds will be 11 on the same day that my mil will be 51 and then 2 days after that my bil's birthday! We are gonna have 1 party for them at my sil's house on Sunday and watch the race (see how that got worked in there). My ds is having 2 friends stay the night on Friday and I am taking them to the movies to see Kangaroo Jack and out for Pizza I guess. Me I'm having salad at Pizza hut!!! Got that all planned you see.

Well check in with you chickies later...with any luck my boss will be out of the office today so I can play....lol...after I get my work done of course

Hugs and Kisses
Old 02-26-2003, 08:03 AM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Just peeking in to day good morning! I have been such a glutton lately! I am trying to get it back under control to no avail!!

I start my new semester on Saturday and I am going for a job interview on Thursday! See....I'm a glutton all the way around!!

I don't think I welcomed Ravyn! So let me do it now!!

WELCOME to our humble little group! You chose the right group to help you through! Look at some of the losers here...Sara losing over 100 lbs and Tina at over 77 lbs....how can you not be inspired!! They keep me trying and trying!! I for one know it can be done!!!

With that said ladies I must bail and get ready for work! I already did dishes, threw in a load of wash, folded, hung and put away two loads of laundry, got the boy bathed and dressed and myself showered!! Its been a full morning already! Where the heck is my bed??? Oh...I already made that too and set the alarm for the morning!

Talk at you all later! Love you guys!

Michelle
Old 02-26-2003, 09:25 AM   #24  
Learning To Live For Me

Sandy/Thanks for the encouragement, and it does make sence. I feel so much more in control today. I sat up last thinking about what triggered my lil eposide, and I know the last few days havent been so good, but today is a fresh one, with a fresh start.

I just wanted to say goodmorning to everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

I'm going to go spend a few moments cleaning my house. It is so lonely without my lil one here, but I know this is best for her. She starts kindergadern this fall, so she has to get used to it, of course, so do I. lol.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:34 AM   #25  

Good Morning to the greatest group of ladies in the world!

Ravyn and Baylee: You know you can say all kinds of things to you guys, but we love you and since we too know the struggle when you are not staying OP we are here for you. What better place to come to and let off your frustration. You won't find anyone judging you here because we are all in the same boat! I don't know why our blasted bodies betray us sometimes, but they do, so all we can do is weather the storm and get back up and do it again. I hope that whatever is causing you to stray from the straight and narrow will disappear so you can be back where you want to be! We love you guys!

Michelle: You are on the adrenalin this morning huh? You have a good day and be safe out there among them English as the Amish would say!

Sandy: Thank God I am past the birthday party stuff. I only had two, but it seems we were always buying gifts for other kids! I will make you a deal, you send me all your dirty dishes and I will wash them (even by hand as I don't mind doing dishes) and you come to my house and dust! I HATE TO DUST! I guess it is because it seems like such busy work to me. Give me a good old dirty toilet anytime! Of course, I only have one man in the house that uses the potty and I have him trained, the other two "men" go in a box and outdoors!

Looks like it is to the mall for me today again. It is so icy I can't even get out the door right now. Jack called and said to stay put until he got home. The bad thing about walking at the mall is I miss all the window shopping! I really boogie when I walk in the mall and don't stop to peruse the shops. There is a bath and body and their candle shop and I have to walk past those luscious smells which is hard. I am a candle freak so I have to keep my head down and get past there fast!

Ok, your opinion please and this has absolutely nothing to do with weight. I am going to Indiana in two weeks and have my son's Christmas presents, but haven't bought anything for his girlfriend. She is kind of hard to buy for because I don't know her well, but I do know the kind of clothes she wears, have been in her house etc. She is a pharmacist. Do you guys think it is cheap and cheesy of me to go to the leather outlet and buy her a handbag? It is not the money so much as it is time and not knowing what to buy and I thought a nice leather bag would be nice even if it didn't cost a lot of money. If you did not know that I had purchased it at an outlet and I gave you a leather handbag, would you like it? She is 29.

I better get going. I have a button to sew on a pair of uniform pants for dh and need to eat breakfast before my installer gets here.

Donna
ve over fat here comes thin!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:40 AM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Got my desk almost done, boy thats a job.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:18 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning! Yesterday I did really well until about 1:00 this morning when I opened a box of chocolates and decided to pig out. I think I will just have to give up chocolate cold turkey, like I did Pepsi some years back, in order to get it out of my system.

Mary: I bet you're gonna love that new computer desk. Now all you have to do is move into it. * I'm almost ready to get that library address from you. I've got a stack I've collected and then even went to my MIL's and confiscated some books she was ready to be rid of. Don't give it to me yet though, I'm famous for losing stuff like that! I WILL get it from you when I'm ready to send them.

Donna: Ok, here's my take on the handbag situation, and I'm sure others may feel differently, but. I'm really picky about my purses, as it seems you are too since it took you so long to pick them out the other day. I'm famous for buying a handbag, moving into it and then returning it the next day because it "just doesn't work for me." But here's the thing, I guess I'm part of the problem, not part of the solution, since I really don't have any other ideas for you. Sorry.

Baylee: I can't wait to check out the website you listed. You're very good at providing us with great information, I'm sure this will be well worth the trip.

Silver Ravyn: It's good to see you. I'm glad you're coming back more often. I do know just how you feel. You see, I started out at 374, got down to 295 and have been working my way back up again for the past 3 years. Thank God, I haven't gained it ALL back, but it's creeping, slowly and THAT needs to STOP! I do WW too and it really does work, if you work it.

Michelle: Ok, what did I miss? Are you unhappy with your current job? Why are you applying for a new one? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sandy: I hope you have a great time at the roller rink. The last time I was on roller skates, many, many moons ago, I fell and my jeans split up the center seam from waistband to waistband. I was a teen at the time and I've never been on roller skates since. I did used to love to ice skate, however. Just not anymore. I'm deathly afraid of falling. Not just because of the ungracefulness of it all, but because I'm afraid I would seriously hurt myself. Ok, now for my 2 cents worth: I looked over the food list you posted, "Spaggetti Squash, Beets, 1 serving of WOW chips, Tuna sandwich, popcorn, then couple more bites of tuna.... Water.....water...." There isn't much there, especially if you're using lite bread. I know that most of the "eat everything in site" feeling is emotional eating, but you might want to try just a smidge more protein in you day. Protein works well to ward of the real hungries and sustains us longer between meals. That's why an egg and a slice of 2% cheese will hold us better than a bowl of cereal in the morning. Just a thought.

Duckie: Honey, I'm so sorry that your trichtillmania is flaring up again. It's good however, that you've figured out that when other stuff in your life is good, so is that. Seems it would give you extra incentive to keep things going well. Come by more often and we will try to lift your spirits and then you will get past this slump once again. [[[hugs]]]

Katrina: What's with the little bitty half a line post??? I know it's not like you to have nothing to say!!! How did the college tour go? Did you have good weather? Was your daughter impressed? Come on, spill.

Tina: OMG, you are doing sooooo GREAT!!! Keep up the good work, girlfriend and those long treks to the track from your car will at least 'seem' shorter this spring!!! Hey, BTW, the race at MIS is June 15th. Are you coming up???? * I'm glad someone else was lost by the TDAH acronym besides me. I thought I just really wasn't getting it.

2cute: My goodness, yes, "I decided my health and safety counts for something too". Whatever would the world do without you?!?!?!?!? I'm glad you stayed home. It sounds like you've been having worse weather than we are. We seem to be in this little hole of the country and everything pretty much passes us by. Every once in awhile we get just the fringes of a storm, but that's about it other than really cold temperatures.

Well, girls, gotta run. My mom and her friend took the $5 casino bus to Canada yesterday afternoon and mom had a free room for the night so this morning I'm going to go pick them up. I hope they had a really nice time. Mom and this woman have become very good friends. Her husband died about 3 months before my dad and they led very similar lives, loved to travel and do things. So now they have hooked up and are on the go all the time. I marvel at my mom, she's going to be 82 this July. She's gone almost every day of the week doing something. I hope I can just move at 82, ****, I hope this old fat body will even last until 82!

See you all later.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:36 AM   #28  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Stop!!!

Stop! Do not post here!
Instead, join us at "300+ and ready to start again, #291!

See you there!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-27-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Closed Thread