Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #16  

Good Morning to you lovely ladies!

I have a neat story. I was getting ready for church yesterday and was going to wear a skirt, sweater, and turtleneck. I got the turtleneck out, put it on and it fit fine except for across the boobs. I wondered what the heck happened to it as it had always fit fine. I had Jack look at the tag and IT WAS HIS! It was an XL! I was sooooo jazzed!

Ok, laugh of the day for everyone straight from the mouth of that gorgeous little redheaded stinker of a grandson. Yesterday, he reached into his pants and told his mom he kept his penis in there to keep it out of trouble. She said, "You do? What kind of trouble does it get into?" (dreading the answer) He said, "Well, it thinks it can poop sometimes." I guess then all day whenever he would go to the bathroom he would say, "Ok, back you go. Don't want you to get into trouble." He is not even three....She is gonna be in big trouble in about 10 years or so!

Ravyn: Hello to you and a BIG welcome! You join us whenever you can. Tell us all about yourself.

Sandy: Yeah for your exercising, BOOOOOOOOO for your scale obsession! I am gonna get that dh of yours to sabotage the thing! You are doing soooooo good! I am so excited for you.

Kat: I will say a little prayer for your daughter and her auditions!

Thin: I have noticed that a lot of people are having eating issues lately. I think it is all this bad weather etc keeping people in doors and TRAPPED! Just hang in there and ride it out! It will get better!

2cute: Howdy to you and you just keep your weight a secret until you feel comfortable to come out of the closet. I am not trying to bully anyone about this. It is just a freedom kind of thing. It is like being proud of how old you are instead of being embarrassed. You have to do what makes you feel comfortable. It will come.

Tina: Where is my sweet Tony Stewart junkie this am? That was so neat about meeting him etc. Sorry he didn't win the race yesterday. I didn't watch, but did ask dh who won. I did see the beginning, but got to involved with my carpet steamer! You know me, clean is not enough!!!!!

Well, my sweetypie gs is coming over for lunch with his mom today so I have to get crackin!

Donna
Old 02-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

WElcome Silver

I did get the storm doors I wanted but things arn't going smoothly getting them installed. I bought a new computer desk I have to put together.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning you lovely beautiful women!

Work is pretty crazy this morning, as all Mondays can be, so I'm not sure how long this will be. I was planning on going to WI (not Wisconsin) tomorrow, but as we are having vehicle issues this week, I think I will probably just go tonight instead. I have some grocery shopping to do anyways.

Ravyn: Welcome to our happy little group. Feel free to read the posts and get to know us and then when you're ready, just jump on in. I promise, we don't bite. Well, maybe Kat does. Just kidding! I just love to agrivate her. We're all a pretty fun group if I do say so myself.

Thin: I have to say I was VERY glad to see you back. I sure have missed you. Don't you worry a bit either, you didn't reveal anything shocking in the least. I've went to two different restaurants myself before or the laziness in me would go to one fast food place and state that I had "two separate orders" only it wasn't for two people. Just for me. Keep your head up girl. We love you and you CAN do this, I promise.

Donna: I was about to send out the search dogs for you..... Just kidding. I figured you were just busy out shopping. So, what did ya get me? Glad you had a good time. Isn't shopping fun? I was really agrivated that Tony didn't win, but you can't control everything. Keep your fingers crossed for us, he is really good at Atlanta and we will be there at the race in 1 week and 6 days! Would be so awsome to see him win in person!

Sandy: You are the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am so happy that you are interested in racing! We will have SOO much to talk about! I think you asked me one time before how old my kids are....I have two boys. One is 14 and one is 9. Both of em, little stinkers too. And you WERE right. It is the "POLE" position, not pull. I'll have to update Baylee.

Baylee: Hey girl! Isn't the 3 mile WATP awesome? Which one are you doing? I have the 3 mile with the weights and the one for the abs. The one I do the most is the one for the abs. I LOVE it! Also, I don't know if you were just teasing Sandy or not, but it is the "pole" position. On the Friday before the race, each driver goes out on the track and runs a couple of laps and however they end up, by fastest lap is how they start out at the race. Fastest person, is the "pole" setter and starts out on row one. Anyone who sets a pole is automatically in the Bud Shootout which is the first race of the year when the season starts. Sorry, I know you didn't ask for a racing lesson, but I still thought I'd give it to you.

Kat: Sounds like you're going to busy today, huh? Have fun and I hope you find one you and your daughter like.

2cute: Alright....enough of this popping in and out, I need a big long post! Just kidding. I never was sure if it was better to exercise in the am or in the evening. There is absolutely NO way I would have time to do it in the morning, I have to get up at 6:00 as it is just to get the things done I have to do, and if I got up earlier than that, I would die. I exercise in the evening because I really don't have another choice, but when I'm off, I do exercise in the morning and I really enjoy that.

Michelle: Yoooo Hooo.... Come out and play. I know your busy with John and Andrew and school, but pop in sissy, I miss you. I always miss you.

Ok, I told you I didn't know how long this would be and I'm gonna have to wrap it up. I was trying to get everbody in and it doesn't look like I'm gonna get to after all. Love to Mary, Duckie, J-Ann and Lucky.... (come back soon) I love you all and will check back in later.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies! Well, here we are, starting another Monday morning. Will this be the ONE????? For me, I'm hoping so, working on it really hard. But you know, when you've been so out of control for many, many days....it's alot harder than it looks. We will see what happens. Keep 'em crossed for me.

Ravyn: Sorry about the toothache. That really is a nasty thing to have to deal with. It kinda messes you ALL up. I hate tooth and ear aches the worst, I think. Hope you're feeling better real soon.
I second everyone else's congrats on the weighloss so far. It looks like you're doing something really right!!!

2cute: I'm glad to be back. I really miss this place when I'm gone.

Katrina: Have fun on the college tour circuit. You only get to go through it once for each kid, if you're lucky. My youngest knew immediately on the way home, that he wanted THAT University. I was amazed because before the tours he had chosen the University of Michigan (huge campus) and then when he saw Kettering (very small campus) that was it, he wanted to go there. I'm really glad we took the tours or he wouldn't have known. Actually, Kettering wasn't even on his list to visit, a guy we met at the U of M tour is the one that mentioned what a great facility Kettering was and then we decided to check it out. You just never know. It has been a very good 'fit' for him.

Sandy: You're doing so great with all the exercising. Sounds like you've really gotten in the habit.

Donna: I had to laugh at your story about you grandson. What a cutie! I just hope when he's a teenager he feels the same way, keeps "his penis in there to keep it out of trouble". That will be the real test!!! I always told my boys to "think with the head that's on TOP of your body." So far, so good.

Mary: I'm glad you stood your ground on the storm door issue. I want a new one sooooo bad. Crazy hubby (read cheapskate, here) resurrected the storm door that his dad was throwing away (because it had our initial on it ) and that's what we have on our front door. I've been begging for years to get rid of the dang thing, but so far that hasn't happened. * Those computer desks can be a real bummer to put together. Actually, I think getting it in the house in the first place is probably the hardest. (Donna can attest to this) Those particle board shelves are HEAVY!! Have fun.

Tina: Now, you see, I learned something new again. I thought they were pole "sitters" not "setters". I always thought that sitting ON a pole wouldn't be too comfortable and why that would be such a good thing. Now I see it was because they weren't sitting, they were 'setting'. Thanks for the clarification!

Baylee: You were here when I was typing. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds real good.

Well, girls, it's almost 11:30 here and I haven't ventured to do any work yet. Must get going. Love to all.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW Baylee.. you have this exercise thing down to an art. LOL
That wore me out just reading it all.

You mean to tell me... that just getting out of bed is not enough exercise to lose 200 lbs.

Okay ladies.... Now you have to exercise in the morning to get your metabilism going and the afternoon to get peak performance

Old 02-24-2003, 12:25 PM   #21  

Afternoon girlies,
Baylee/ think I'm gonna run to the store after work and get the ingredients I don't have and make that recipie to go with my chicken tonight!!! It sounds so good and something different. My dh loves coleslaw so he should love that!!! And thanks for the post on the exercise stuff. I think i will do it like I was before (right when I get home from work, well after I strip my work clothes off of course and put sneakers and sweats on!!)

Thin/ I'm just so happy and excited you are back!!!! Hope your Monday went well, but if not, well make it a new Start Tuesday!!! I was always a Monday person too~~~but this time I started on a Thursday and on a weird date too!!! January 23rd is the day I started this jouney!!! So, you see anyday will do!!! We will always be here full of kind words and encouragement (unless you want us to be mean and tell you to START!!! ) Just kidding!!! I loves ya, really I do!!! You have lifted me before and I am here to do the same for you.

2cute/ gosh how you make me laugh!!! I love your sense of humor and everything you say.

Donna/ Loved the grandson story!!! Here's a cute one that happened to my son and dh a while ago. They went Ice fishing, hope I did'nt tell this one yet??? Well anyway dh always stops and gets snacks for them, this time it was like supper time so he got them a submarine sandwich to share too. Well the time is going by and dh says he's getting a little hungry as he sees our lovely 10 year old putting a last bite of his half of the sandwich in his mouth and reaches in the bag to get his. Well it's not there!!! DH says to ds, Wheres my half, heres the cute part, mind you there is 5 grown men and 1 10 year old in this shack icefishing. DS says "well dad, I had to eat your half to get to my half" my dh told me that the other guys just laughed and laughed. This child of mine is gonna be my down fall yet!!! This is the same child that went to school one day this year and I get a call from the teacher saying "I'm so sorry to hear Evan has a sleeping disorder, is he taking medication for it?" I say what??? totally confussed, and we get to talking and well yes my lovely 10 year old made this whole story up!!! He said he has no time to read at home because he gets home from school and goes to bed and gets woken up for supper and a shower and then back to bed because of this sleeping disorder he has!!! Now you tell me that 10 year olds arn't smarter than you give them credit for. I know if this was someone elses child I would have died laughing, but well you can see me now all and really upset with my son!! He did get grounded for this one and the teacher let him know that she had caught him in a lie and was very dissappointed in him, needless to say his sleeping disorder is MUCH MUCH better.

Well there I go rambling again, someone knock me upside the head again and tell me that my turn is over!!!!

Hugs and kisses to you all!!! (this will have to do)
Old 02-24-2003, 02:05 PM   #22  

Angry Good afternoon Chickie-doodles!

I am totally with Thin.

I need to get my butt back into "diet & exercise" gear. After months of consistent workouts, I haven't been to the gym in more than a week and my scale in not budging... well, in the direction I want it to at least! (I credit a lot of this to a winter/cold/snow induced melancholy.) Overall, I have been maintaining but I think I need to kick it up a notch to start seeing any more losses. That said, I'm in no huge rush. If I manage to lose those last 5+ pounds by April, I'll be able to boast that, on my 25th B-day I weighed 270 pounds and on my 26th B-day, I weighed 140 pounds! Woohoo!

Ravyn: Welcome to our little corner of the web! Feel free to lurk and get to know all of us! I remember when I first joined these ladies, it took quite a while to get "who was who" straight! Congratulations on your loss thus far; sounds like you're pretty committed to reaching your goals!

Okay. Gonna search the web for a healthy, low-fat recipe for chicken breast.... see if I can "wow" my hubby tonight with something ingenius!

Sara
Old 02-24-2003, 02:32 PM   #23  

Brother these stupid diy stores! We are supposed to have a dishwasher installed tomorrow and my daughter needs me to babysit. We were told the store would call us within 48 after purchase to let us know when the install would be on Tues. They haven't called so I called them and the head of that department told me they contract out the installations and he just had faxed it to the plumbers they used and they guys should call me tonight! URGGGG! She wanted me to come to here house early am and then when T gets up bring him to my house for the day, but now I am up in the air and she can't go apply for this job until Wed now. You watch, they are probably booked for tomorrow and won't be able to get it done and I will have to put up another day with this piece of junk! I shouldn't be griping. A lot of people has to wash dishes by hand. Sorry!

It is so depressing outside again today. It is cold and dreary and is supposed to start raining again this afternoon. YICK!

Well, I just wanted to check in. Love the stories Sandy. I will have to tell you one my daughter did for show and tell as a kindergartener. Got a call on that one!

Donna
Old 02-24-2003, 05:23 PM   #24  

I DID IT, I DID IT

My 3 mile WATP tape again!!! Did I want
to??? But I did it

I think it's that dreaded time again TOM, and I felt all bloated and just plain yucky!!! But I said I'm gonna stick this out, and you know what I actually felt better when I got done.

I then proceeded to make the broc. coleslaw, well I had to make a few adjustments like no Black olives (dh hates em) so I added that much cabbage with the broc mix and carrotts. Then I forgot the red pepper so I just skipped it, then I didnt have any celery seeds, so I took some celery and pureed it and dumped it in with the mayo and vinigar....then mixed it all up and yummy .
Same effect I guess cause it came out delisious. Then I made the pumpkin pudding recipie that I got from the WW site under community recipe swaps. I give it a 10!!! Here it is...

PUMPKIN PUDDING
from the kitchen of JMFEIL it said~~give credit where credit is due I always say

4 servings/ 1pt per serving/

Ingredients
1 pkg. fatfree sugar free vanilla instant pudd
2 c. skim milk
1- 14oz can pumpkin
2 t. pumpkin pie spice (I used cinn and nutmeg)

Directions
Put all ingredients in medium bowl. Mix thoroughly at medium speed for one minute. Serve plain or with 1 T. Fat-free Cool whip.

Oh It tastes just like pumpkin pie/ with no crust and thats okay with me I don't like pie crust!!!

Love and hugs.....
Old 02-24-2003, 06:04 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm doing much better today. Well "much" is sort of a relative word! I was on the road all day and just got in. I'm pooped. (Must be why I don't exercise, no ambition left at the end of the day when I get home.)

I did do much (there's that word again) better with food today. I packed two 3 point sandwiches to take with me in the car along with my bottle of water. I did manage to stop at the fruit market while I was out so I think it's time to make a batch of that Apple Salad recipe that I shared with you awhile back.

My downfall today was stopping at Dairy Queen. Instead of having a 17 point Peanut Buster Parfait, I had a 9 point Hot Fudge Sundae. I'm guessing that giving up Dairy Queen altogether would probably be the best idea! But hey, one step at a time. So that makes 15 points.

Then when I got home I had a couple of cookies. "Couple" being a very relative word too! Anyway, 9 points worth of cookies, that brings my total up to 24 points for the day.

Notice a trend here??? I'm journalling it! That's one for me!!!
I have 31-36 points available for the day so I guess I better be pretty watchful for dinner. Actually, I'm doing chicken breasts on the old "George", baked potatoes, some kind of veggie and a big salad.

Baylee: Leave it to you to research any information us inquiring minds want to know. That was really a good article. Thanks for taking the time.

Lucky: I didn't get to address you this morning, good luck with the job. I hear ya on the lack of benies though. That would be scarey at our age.

2cute: No, getting in and out of the bed is NOT going to get us 200#s lighter, but maybe what we do when we're IN the bed would??? What do ya think??? I bet if we asked Baylee, she'd research it for us! Heck, I bet Lucky and some of the others would too!!!

Sara: Honey, you are doing so good. Don't worry just this minute about losing a couple more pounds. It's ok to stay right where you are on the scales. My goodness, give your poor body a minute to get used to it's new size. Maintaining this new look of yours will be challenging enough. I'm no psychologist, but it sounds to me like you're not used to being 'skinny' yet. Like maybe you're having trouble saying "I like myself just the way I am". You've had a long struggle with your weight through the years and this past one has been a major breakthrough for you. Relax and enjoy the NEW YOU!!! You're THERE! You don't need to lose anymore, you just need to maintain it! [[[hugs]]]

Donna: Hope you get the new dishwasher thing straightened out. I hate having to wait on installers.

Sandy: That was a great story about your son. How cute. When my youngest was in second grade, I went to Parent/Teacher conferences. When I sat down, the teacher said, "we have a problem." She was soooo serious so I asked what the problem was. Well it seems that my son was kissing some of the girls on the playground at recess. She went on to say that some of the girls were complaining. I looked at her shocked and asked her if I should talk to him. She said that the girls that were complaining were the ones he WASN'T kissing. So I looked at her and told her that I would definitely talk to him and tell him that it wasn't nice to make the girls feel left out, that if he was going to kiss some, he had to kiss them all!!!

I've gotta run. I thought I had a couple more minutes, but honey just walked in and it's time to get some dinner on. Talk to you later. Love to all.

N

Last edited by thinthinker; 02-24-2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #26  

Default Quickie (NOT that kind)

On my way to work I heard the radio announcer say: " I can't watch Nascar, I just don't like it, but have you ever noticed how enthusiastic those Nascar fans are???? They can really draw you into it.!!!!!"

Hmmmm any of you had those feeling???? Hmmmm??????
Old 02-24-2003, 07:57 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Wink DO NOT POST HERE!

STOP! Do not post here! Instead, come on over to 300+ And Ready to Try Again.......#290!
Closed Thread