Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:50 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#287

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:39 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies. It is 5:30 am here and of course I am up already stressing about the car. I promise you that I WILL NOT EAT to relieve the stress though. I may get dressed and as soon as it is light, go exercise though. I am just one of those stupid people that worries themselves into the ground. I also need to just let my anger about this go too and forget it. It happened now all we can do is fix it. I just wish I wouldn't freak out in the first place, but there you go.

Hope everyone is staying OP. I think while Jack is gone with the car this morning, I am going to clean. Nothing like a clean (overly clean ) house to make you feel better. Sandy, still have laundry you need done?

I will peek back in later and talk with you guys.

Donna
Old 02-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #3  

Good Morning Chicks, I did'nt get to pop in this am before I left for work, but I'm here now, did you miss me?

Donna/ Wow, rise and shine early woman!!! Yes, there is always laundry at my house, it is a never ending job. Try and remember back when the kids lived at home, didn't you have laundry everyday? I need a maid like Alice from the Brady Bunch, any takers?

We got a call at our house this am that one of our friends was out shrimping and his boat sank. I don't know the details yet as to what happend, just know that another boat fished them out of the water and called the Coast Guard. They were then brought to shore and transported to the hospital. I hope they are okay!! You all have to stop and think this is Maine and our waters are like 28-32 degrees, you can get frost-bite fast. This poor friend of ours has had his fair share of troubles, but has such faith in God that it always seems to pull him through. This is the same boy that did well ummmm, rrrrrr, questionable things in his younger days, but has since married had 3 kids and wants more, actually I think his wife may be prego now? Then they found god and they go to church everyweek, and bible study in the week. I'm not knocking it, but it does make you stop and think. I'm so glad he has his faith to hold on to. I do believe in God and sometimes have to just stop in my everyday life and really think about him. He does such wonderful things. I know thats like opening a can of worms and a big big discussion so enough said, just wanted to share with you that I am thanking God that he saved this man and his worker this morning in this small town in Maine.

Hugs to you all!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:01 AM   #4  

Hey Sandy: I promise as soon as I finish posting I will spend some time in prayer for your friend. Just trust that God will take care of one of his own and know that someone with strong faith like he has will pull through just fine no matter what the consequences. As for laundry, I do it everyday even with just the two of us, but as nervous as I am about the car, I could surely use yours to do right now too! As soon as I am done here, I am going to go down and start cleaning. I have to keep myself busy. I have my morning exercise session in, but am probably going to get the other one in just to keep my mind occupied. I am the biggest worrier in the world and this just didn't come at a very good time. Besides, this is the nicest car we have ever owned and I have really babied it to keep it in nice condition. Oh, well, accidents happen even to dumb bunny husbands. At least I am talking to him!

Donna
Old 02-19-2003, 02:52 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Just remember this Donna, when you get to worrying...It's a lot easier to replace a car than it is a husband! Accept the things you cannot change. Stop worrying!

Don't worry, be happy!
Old 02-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #6  

Donna/thanks for the prayers, there is no update yet, I will have to wait for my dh to get home from work today to see whats up, but I did dive by their house on my way home from work today and the wifes van is back home, so I'm assuming all is ok. Now as for you worrying. STOP!!!! No need to worry, and like kat said easier to replace the rim than the hubby, then who would you have to get naked with .
But I worry here all the time too, my dh says I will worry myself into the ground. I worry about him, the kids, money and everything. I have money figures rolling in my head all the time. I think it all stems back to when I was a kid and we were always broke but dad always had money for beer. But thats another one of those alcoholic stories that I do not wish to go into today. My hubby is a good provider, and yes we do struggle during the winter, but hoping now that I work it will become a little easier. For 10 years I pretty much got to stay home and raise the kids. I did do odd jobs and pt jobs in the winter but that was it, no real commitment job like now with a reg. schedule. Ok chat with you all later...
Hugs.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:05 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Default check this out...

You have got to read this woman's story!

http://members.cox.net/incredibleshrinkingwoman

Good stuff here!

Duckie, Baylee, Steph...where ARE you, lassies?

Where is EVERYONE, for that matter?
Old 02-19-2003, 06:25 PM   #8  

Kat: the big trouble maker is back! Thanks for all your words. I appreciate them very much.

Sandy: Hope things are well with your friend and his family. Also, thank you for your thoughts regarding my worrying. I do appreciate it! How is your exercising coming along?

We got the car fixed and everything is a-ok. We were able for now to get a cheaper rim that doesn't match and looks dumb, but it will be ok until we can come up with all the money to replace them both with new ones AND get 4 new tires. My advice to you is if you are looking to buy a big car, just remember everything on them costs big too! I was so frazzled about what it was gonna cost I didn't even eat until nearly 2 pm when Jack took me to lunch. I had only had a carton of yogurt and was starving, but instead of getting Fettucine Alfredo, which I love and is a killer, I got a simple fettucine with marinara about 1/4 cal and fat of the other and one bread stick. Stayed on track and in my cal and fat range for the day too!

Yoo Hoo where are all our lovely friends? You guys, if you are having any kind of problems, food, exercise, family whatever you come back here and post with us so we can help you! There is no need to stay away because of that! We are all friends here and all go through stuff. Look at me, ole nervous nelly and things turned out a-ok!

You guys have a nice evening and wish I could chat, but it just won't let me!

Love you all!
Donna (bet you can't guess what it is doing here again!)
Old 02-19-2003, 06:47 PM   #9  

Kat: thank you soooo much for posting Kelly's website! That is going to be me in 2 years! I swear it! Everything she said is what I feel!

Everyone needs to go to this sight and get really empowered! We can all do this!

D
Old 02-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #10  

I stumbled across that site a couple months ago, its still listed in my favorites so I can see that anything is possible. What a thing to see the pictures....

Our friend is home and recupporating from his ordeal. Something on the boat went wrong and he radiod the Coast Guard who put out an alert to all boats in the area. Luckily someone was there to fish him and his helper out of the water, as our friend also had carbon Monoxide poisoning from the exahust fumes when he was trying to make the boat get to shore, so therefore he had no time to put on his survival suit, when they got fished out of the water and to the dock to get in the ambulance they were both hypothermic and their core temps very very low, they went to hospital got all warmed up slowly I guess and have been sent home under strict orders to not go outside for a few days I guess. I guess GOD was watching out for these two boys today.

HUGs
Old 02-19-2003, 08:56 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here went to my step uncles funeral today with my stepmother, my sister and brother. I'll check in later
Old 02-19-2003, 10:04 PM   #12  

Ok girls, I think I got it right this time. I think I am computer illiterate. Last time I started a new thread when I wanted to reply to another one. This can get confusing. Great to see all the support. I am happy to be part of this wonderful chick group. Stress will make me eat. So will feelings of sadness, happiness, jealousy, hmmm... probably anytime anywhere, I like to eat. I have lost 10 pounds since January 8! Yea! Seems like a such a small amount when I have so far to go. I will not be discouraged though! Things that keep me going... Skinny Cows (delicious), the clothes in my closet that no longer fit, and my 20th High School Reunion in August. You all have a good week. Thanks for bringing together a site where the "fat ladies" can sing.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi, Babe: I'm glad you found your way over here. WELCOME! I thought maybe, since it had been so long since you posted your hello, that you decided not to join us. Anyway, glad you're here. This is a great group and I think you'll really like it here.

I brought your post over from the thread you started so everyone could read it. Hope you don't mind.

Babeinwaiting wrote:
"Guess I will just jump in here. Someone invited me to join this group, however, there were quite a few of the 300+ so I am not sure if I am at the correct one. Hope so. Duckie, I am sorry you were sick. I guess it was good you lost weight. I have never been able to do that. Guess I was never sick enough to lose my appetite: lol: I have lost 10 pounds since January 8! Feels great, but I have about 100 more to go. Exercise is my downfall. I do it every night, but I HATE it! I am not one of those people who love my exercise time and rejoice in the relaxation of it. Actually, toward the end of it, I am starting to get mad because I'm sweating, breathing hard, etc. I just don't look forward to it at all. The 1 good thing, I have talked a group of teachers into doing it with me every day after school. That helps. We have a lot of fun this way. Since I do teach emotionally handicapped students, it is a good way to relieve some of my stress from the day. Ok, I have gone on long enough. You ladies keep up the great work. Have a good diet week."
Old 02-20-2003, 05:41 AM   #14  

Guess who's up early this AM???? I had to go potty so bad I just had to get my butt out of bed, so here I sit infront of this darn computer. But, I find myself needing to be here. Today is official Weigh in and the stupid scales say I gained 1 llb!!!! So in a weeks time of being extremely good and doing the water, I managed to gain a pound!! Ok, I know could be anything so I am not giving up I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was lax on the exersice department this week, so maybe thats it??? Womens bodies are just amazing arnt they, will hold onto water whenever they can!! Enough said, I will stick to my plan and eventually it will come off, this will not defeat me!!!!

Kat/ what a wonderful site that was, I wrote that I had seen it before I went to check it out/it was a different one and now I don't know where I put the other site? It wasn't in my fav's anymore.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....computers.....As for Kellys site, oh what an inspiration that is!!!!

Donna/ I see you had been to the site too and signed the guest book as did I. She is a wonderful strong lady. You can do it I know you can, like she said just keep the mindset!!!

babeinwaiting/ gosh I love that name, what a wonderful one!! Glad to see you made it here, the reason you saw so many 300+ rooms is because these wonderful ladies like to start a new thread once we hit around 30 posts or so, so the threads don't get too long for someone to read. What a bunch of lovies they are, if you decide to hang here you will get such great support and love from them all. I have been here for about 4 weeks now and they welcomed me with opened arms and have stuck by me like glue.

Hugs to all
Old 02-20-2003, 06:42 AM   #15  

Okay Chickies, boy was that last post a whinner or what!!! I went to my online food journal and saw that this week is the first week that I have actually eatten in my points range, meaning I hit usually the top end of my points daily. Before I was so affraid of the food that I was eatting way below I'm allowed between 29-34, and I was eatting about 22-26 a day(in the book this is okay if I weighed 75-199) But Im in the (275-299 range), so maybe me eatting more will eventually make me loose? Thats what they say anyway. Maybe I was cutting back too far and being too strict and then this week when I was acting like I should (except for the exercise) I gained a lb because before I made my body go too low? Sounds good to me??? We shall see..
Love ya all

Last edited by peekabooangel; 02-20-2003 at 06:44 AM.
Closed Thread