Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #16  

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy, you and those scales are gonna be the death of me! I am glad you researched and found what may be your problem and repaired PART of it. Now, we need to get our little buns in gear and.... do we not?
I am so thrilled your friend is going to be ok. What a scare!

Babe: Glad to meet you. Keep coming back. We are a nutty group, but definitely fun and wonderful support. You will get no bull from us, just straight talk and help! I used to teach mentally handicapped adults, so I understand the stress. You have a wonderful job so keep up the great work and Weigh to go on the weight loss!

Thin: Good morning to you! It is good to see your post!

Mary: We will talk with you when we can. I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

OK, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS: Where the heck are all you ladies? We are going to start having roll call if you guys keep coming up missing on us! 2cute, duckie, tina, j-ann, everybody come back to us!

Well, our luck just seems to keep holding. Jack came into his office last night while I was working and said the upstairs tv's vertical hold went out. It will cost more to fix than just replace. Gosh, we seem to be racking up the expenses!

Well, I have done little this morning. It is,of course, outside! Whoopeee! Another drenching walk. I am going to get brave ladies and call the French Riviera Spa down the street or go there and find out what it would cost to join and what they have. I am going to need some extra stuff soon the rate I am losing and I already feel like part of me is dragging the ground. The skin rolls that are losing their fat are pressing down on my back and pulling down on my front and make my hips and back hurt something awful.

I gotta get in my walk and get some breakfast in me.

Talk later,
Donna
Old 02-20-2003, 11:48 AM   #17  

Hey girls, Im still around, I've been reading your posts daily, but just haven't had anything to post, not feeling the chattiest lately, I'm not sure what it is, well actually I think PMS really has alot to do with not posting.

I've come to realize that I turn into a totally different person the week before and during TOM, I'm really seriously thinking about talking to a doctor and seeing if there's any pills out there to help me with my mood swings. I turn into a total B****, I'm not kiding, I've done nothing but yell and complain and pick fights with DF, I can't handle the mess's my poor son is making and I'm constantly yelling at him to clean up his mess, or if he spills something or breaks something by accident, I just lose it. What did DF call me last night, I think his exact words where Go To Bed you phsyco b****, and I deserved it cause I was acting crazy, I was yelling at my son cause he took the batteries out of the remote and lost one, big deal I know, but at the time I just couldn't control my mouth. And after I flip out and say things I always regret it and I know I'm doing wrong but I don't know how to stop at the time

But I'm not like this any other time of the month, me DF have been getting along really well lately, and the only time we really fight is when PMS hits, so I think I really need to talk to a doctor, because I'm tired of feeling like a crappy mother, and fighting with DF, if there's something out there to help me control these mood swings then why shouldn't I be taking them, I realize that most of our fights are stupid and shouldn't be happening, and that I'm the one with the promblem, but hate to admit that to DF, and it's not fair for our son to be taking the brunt of it all, cause when I'm being bi***y and yelling it wears off on DF and he starts yelling. So if any of you have any advice or suffer in the same way, please let me know, I need to stop the insanity

And I thought I didn't have anything to say, well maybe I don't I just know how to ramble on
Oh yeah, I also gained a pound last week, but I ate like a pig, another joy of PMS. Was pleased to see it was only one pound instead of 6lbs.

Lucky I never did thank you for the post card, and Thin thanks for the valentines, you gals are so thoughtful, I promise if I ever get my pictures from Christmas developed I promise I'll send each and everyone of you a picture, I need to prove to you guys that I really don't look like the picture I portray in the above ranting, really I don't have a huge wart on my nose, and my hair isn't jet black and straggly sticking up all over the place, and I really drive a car to get around.

DF only has one moer week of school, then back to work so hopefully some of this money stress that's been hanging over my head will be lifted, got the cut of notice for the phone yesterday, I'm sure I'll be receiving one for the rest of the utilities soon. They just have to wait.

Well I should really get back to work, love you gals,
TA TA for now
Old 02-20-2003, 12:12 PM   #18  

Duckie: My dh learned (took him about 25 years) to steer real clear of me when I started ranting! He would let me scream all over the house and go hide in his office or the bedroom or something until I wore myself out. Man, it is a dealing with being out of control I know. Menopause has taught me the fundamentals on nuttiness! Anymore, I am usually only bad when I hurt though. It seems than I want to kill the hubby, the cat, the dog, and the blasted idiot cooking at the BBQ restaurant across the street!

Please keep me in your thoughts. I am trying real hard to help a girl on another thread to kind of get it together. She has no self-esteem and is floundering big time. I just hate seeing her so miserable when she can do something about it one way or another.

Today is clean the downstairs schedule. POOOOOPPPP! It has rained here again for two solid days, it is chilly, and my back and knees are killing me. BIG WHINE NOW HERE IT COMES
I don't want to cleannnnnnn! Ok, now I am going to go down and get my other walk in and come back, fix lunch at noon and dig in to the cleaning. Ok, here is another dumb remark, but it is true for me. I would much rather clean a really dirty house than one that stays totally straight etc all the time. When you clean a yucky house, when it is done you feel like "Wow, look at it shine." With my house, it is like, "yeah, well, the toilet is clean again, big deal." You cannot have me come over and clean your house now, you understand?

Time to go. Check in later. Donna
Old 02-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow Here I am...

Good morning everyone.

Donna... remember I told you I would be in Missouri until today.
My parents are doing pretty darn good. I have to go back next Tues-Wed to take them to some doctors appointments so I will be MIA again then.

I had soooo much reading to catch up on now I am out of time to post. LOL Reading about all of donna's cleaning has shamed me into not posting and go clean. I am usually not as bad as my house is now. I am not sure how I lost control.... but I did. And it is time to take control back. I need a little smilie with a feather duster to post here. LOL

I want to WELCOME Babeinwaiting. I like that name too.
I have waited so longgggg the best I can become is dudinwaiting. LOL

I hope to get back later today when I am too pooped to pop.
I will need a sit down break and you know where my big butt will be sitting..... in front of this darn computer. I am never too pooped to post. LOL
Old 02-20-2003, 12:29 PM   #20  

2cute: You have to remember I am the senile member of the group! Sorry, I forgot! Don't go clean something on anything I said. Remember I am the cleaner from ****! Man, when I am at goal, I will probably drive dh totally into the arms of some lazy slob who never cleans! Gotta start working on that character flaw right now!

Donna
Old 02-20-2003, 01:17 PM   #21  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys..... I'm here, just still really busy. The big boss came in today with supplies and things like that, so have not had a lot of internet time, but some. I make you all a big promise to get on here sometime tonight and make a big ol' long post. At some point, you will probably say....."Geez, will she ever shutup?"

Food has been really good the last couple of days. Right now, I'm following the "Wendy Plan" as I feel my metabolism needed a little jolt. Actually, it has felt really good to eat up to my minimum which is now 28-33. I know exactly what Sandy is talking about. You kinda get into this mentality that the lower your points are and the more you exercise, the more weight you lose.....but in truth, the ol' body's just gonna hang on to everything, so I'm trying not to stress about eating more than I think I should. Know what I mean? Or does that make any sense?

Anyways, I'll see you guys later. I'm off tomorrow and Saturday and looking forward to Nascar qualifying!
Old 02-20-2003, 01:19 PM   #22  

Donna/ today is acually my WI day, so it was okay to be on the scales. And I think okay to rant about it. At least I am ranting and not flipping out and eatting all that lovely food out there in the world. I just spoke to my mom, who is babysitting for me today. My brother and his g/f and son are on their way down to her house, they live about 2 1/2 hours dive away. Well they are bringing Chinese food for lunch, I said "PLEASE HAVE IT GONE OR PUT AWAY BEFORE I GET THERE!!!" Dear Mom says I KNOW, then I told her today is my 1 month anniversary and have not cheated one little bit, and she said......I'm so proud of you!!! I don't think I have heard that from her since the day I got married? Maybe she might have said it when I gave her grandkids, but who's in their right mind to remember that? So Yes, it really touched me to know that my mom and hubby are both so proud of me. I guess I really need to hear that from them once in a while. And now I just sit here and keep dreaming that in a years time from now, I will be looking so great, and not only will they be proud of me, but I will be proud of me and thats what this is all about, its for me and no one else!!! Sorry for rambling....but I know you guys will listen or just skip over me and go to the next post...LOL

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 02-20-2003, 05:20 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

It's 48 degrees today! And sunny! That's it, I'm going for a walk...I have been reading "the Incredible Shrinking Woman's" website. I am so inspired by her accomplishment, I want to do that. I love the "NO EXCUSES" mentality. So much that I have printed out a few signs to place around the house, primarily on the refrigerator! NO EXCUSES! my new motto! There is a 10k walk sponsored by my hospital in April...I'm signing up! It's a nice walk...all on the boardwalk, through 3 or 4 seaside towns. I'm psyched!

I just got back from food shopping...one thing I have accomplished on this weight loss journey is the complete and utter dislike of short cut food or anything pre-made, so food shopping is really a breeze anymore...lots of fruits and veggies, some meat, some canned stuff, some dairy...DONE!

Gotta run, I want to get outside in the sunshine and watch the snow melt! See you later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-20-2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:14 PM   #24  

A lady came in the bank today and wanted to order checks. The one who does this was away from her desk so I started to rumage around and found the catalog.

GUESS WHAT - they have checks that you can buy with some Nascar racer on them...Tony Stewart !!!!! Yep!!!! I don't know HOW I recognized him but for some reason I knew "his" look.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #25  

Angry Sandys breakthrough????

Hey there Chickees.....guess what???? I've told you all before that I'm very stingy with my popcorn!! I always say it's mine/mine/mine go pop your own!!! Well tonight, my dear son is standing here and takes just one piece then looks at me and does not see me glare at him with daggers in my eyes, then he said MOM, do you mind if I have just a little of your popcorn. Well now how can you say no to that? I would much rather him snack on my popcorn than the chips or whatever. He is 10 and already a strapper of a boy, so if I can get him to change habits now, that is a GOOD THING!!!!

HUGS TO YOU ALL
Old 02-20-2003, 09:28 PM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello chickies

Not much to talk about here. I am sso tired and I don't know why.
I was off Monday worked Tuesday, off Wednesday, worked today and am off till Monday. I haave another reference workshop tomorrow.

Food is bad I want to eat all the time.

My sister and I had a nice talk yesterday. We don't do that often.Sorry I ddon't get in to post that much but I do love all of you
Old 02-21-2003, 12:34 AM   #27  
a work in progress...

...just rolling a stick of dynamite in here to see if I can dislodge any posters!

BOOM!

okay...come on out, now!
Old 02-21-2003, 02:22 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys,,, I just had the WORST DREAM !!!!
I dreamt that someone stuck a stick of dynamite up my butt
well, need I say more?

Actually... if I thought that would help get this fat *** off me I would gladly do it.
In reality.... I have tried to post several times today and I could not get into the site. Grrrrrr
So maybe we are not all hiding... but rather being banned.

It is late... I was just nosey and wanted to know if I could get in... and now that I know I can... I am going to bed. LOL
Good night all.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:09 AM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Question What the $&#@!

I was nice and toasty....sleeping in my bed when I heard this loud explosion! When I woke up, it reminded me that I promised you guys a big long post, and I hadn't delivered it yet....then I came in here and read Kat's last post. I thought you weren't allowed to play with explosives anymore.
Actually, tonight I got to stay up late because I'm off tomorrow and Saturday and I fell asleep on the couch and woke up and on my way to the bedroom, I glanced over at the computer and long story short, here I am.

Duckie: I certainly can feel for you on the TOM thing. Don't you just hate it when your dh or df are right? Two days ago, everything my dh said, I just wanted to put my foot through his face. And the thing about it is, you honestly don't have any control over it. I mean, I tell myself, "Ok, you know this is PMS...get a grip and stop being such a witch, " but it still doesn't work. I just get so mad and irritated over the least little thing. Dh said, "Geez...you're gonna be "raggin" (don't you love that term?) in a couple of days." I told him that he was insane because I wasn't due to be on my TOM for another couple of weeks. (or so I thought) Guess what I found on my lovely trip to the bathroom this morning? Yup, you guessed it. I know, TMI...but I hate it when he's right.

Food has been really good the last couple of days. I've been eating on the lower and higher end of my point scale the last couple of days and it's actually been pretty nice. I don't know how kind the scale will be to me this week, now that I am on my TOM. I guess we'll just have to see. I have a reason to be proud though....no matter what that blasted thing says, I know I have done what I was supposed to this week and the scale cannot take that away from me. We are going to the race in Atlanta two weeks from this Sunday (3/9/03) and I had really hoped to be at least 270 by that time. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I always have such a wonderful time at the races, except for one thing. In the summertime, it is unbearably hot...I guess I don't have to tell you how hard that can be on an overweight person. Especially when you have to walk. Alot. You usually can't park close to the track....so there's the long trek to it and then it usually is a long walk to your seats...that doesn't even count if you like to go shopping at the tent areas around the track. I remember the first race I ever went to, and I honestly thought I would have a stroke. I was VERY out of shape and dh said that my face looked almost purple. We had walked and walked and walked and I was just about out of breath. I went into the bathroom and the color of my face scared me to death. It will be so nice to walk around this year without having to worry about that kind of stuff. Using my WATP videos just about every day has definitely got me into better shape.

The second shift supervisor came in for the start of her shift today and said, "Tina, I just have to tell you something." I immediately threw up my guard, because this lady is a very nasty woman and usally, anything that comes out of her mouch is garnished with razor blades. Anyways...she said, "Everytime I see you....you get smaller." As she was saying that, she held out her hands and brought them in towards one another, closer and closer. It made me feel SO good. Sometimes the people that see you everyday do not notice as much as those that go for awhile without seeing you. It made me feel very good.

On a side note, my mother.........(God love her) busted through my work door today and said, "Look what I got you?!" Now, this statement can put the fear of God into you, if you know my dear mother. I'm thinking, "Oh Lord.....please no more clothes." But it wasn't. It was 16 boxes of little debbies! The local factory outlet had their Valentine's Day themed treats on sale and I now am the proud owner of 8 boxes of iced brownies and 8 boxes of cherry cordials. Wasn't she nice to think of me? Don't you worry though.....I'll not take even one bite. I'm putting some in the freezer and had the sense of mind to give some away at work. She said to take them home for dh and the boys and she gave me a box of rice crispy treats, but sometimes, I just want to rap her on the side of the head and say..."Hey, yo....Micfly! Get a clue!"

Anyways....I guess I'm done for now. I have thoroughly worn myself out now, so I will see my lovely girls later.

Last edited by QueenB; 02-21-2003 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:17 AM   #30  

OK, WHO THE SHOVED THE BOMB UP MY BUTT? I thought it was my husband's gas, but when there was no incredible stink I realized I had been SABOTAGED!

Hey ladies! Sorry didn't get to post last evening, we were out window shopping so we could go today and spend our tax money! I am so excited as I am getting a steam cleaner, Jack gets a new computer desk and chair and I get his, and we have decided that Martha Washington's present to us, the dishwasher, is to be given to the Smithsonian and we are buying a new one, and I am getting a portable dvd in a bag to take on car trips so my dgs can watch movies when we go to Indiana next month.

Tina: My goofy mom would have done the same kind of thing. You have to see the humor in it of course and I guess in my place, since the anniversary of my mom's death is in 2 weeks, I also miss it. I have a story ( not another one!) about walking. I can surely sympathize. Several years ago, we were living here and took a trip to Chicago to visit my brother and sil. He had bought us Cubs tickets and since we were big fans, were all excited to go. First of all, you have to realize my brother is a cheapskate big time. We let him convince us it was cheaper to go together so he and his wife road in the cab and the 4 of us road in the camper part of his pickup to the game. If you have ever driven in Chicago then you know that we in the back were tossed around like ragdolls. He parked the truck in a lot for $7 and complained about it big time even though we said we would split it or pay for it ourselves. He is one of these sorry people who have to look like a bigshot so it was, "No, I said this was all my treat." Anway, because he was so cheap and unbeknownst to us, he had parked THREE MILES from the stadium and it was about 95 degrees that day. We walked forever. If that isn't bad enough, the (forgive me) cheapass, bought these really cheap tickets for the four of us (they had season tickets and sat in a great area) and our tickets were behind a huge pillar and way up high so you couldn't even see the game. He and his bigshot ideas did buy us snacks though, 2 cokes and 2 popcorns to share! As for your co-workers comment, OOOOHHH I am so happy that people say stuff like that to you! It sure gives you a lift doesn't it?

Sandy: Ok, I am gonna lay off you about your scales, but just remember they are only dumb ole numbers. If you are staying op and doing your exercising you WILL lose. I want to say that I am certainly very proud of you and the fact that you have gotten serious about your weight loss. You are doing fabo, kiddo.

Kat: Aha, I believe I found the infamous buttbomber!
Just watch it next time and get a better aim. I have plans for my butt!

Mary: You come visit us when you can and just know we are always thinking about you!

2cute: Hello to you and your bombed out area. Seems more than one of us got hit, huh?

Does anyone know what happened to the site yesterday?

Hey, I must be doing something right. If you read the latest news at the top of the site, the AHA diet is the one I am on basically! Yahoo, validation that the doofus is doing something right!

Well, it is clean the upstairs day. Jack said he would steam clean my carpets for me tomorrow so I am all excited about it and want to get them ready. I haven't been out this morning, but as usual it is..... . I must be the soggiest fat woman in the world!

Donna
Closed Thread