Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

my motovation is that the person i see in the mirror doesn't match my inner image.i picture myself as a tall slim toned busty woman with long hair who has a tonne of energy and life , like a metalhead amazon, a metalzon, it all fits except for the slim toned and energy part, its confusing to look in the mirror and not see who i feel i am. i will become who i see in my head, shes me shes just under all this weight being smothered by it. i want to look and act 24 not 44, thats my motivation. my bf loves me big or small, he just likes boobies lol
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #17  

I often find motivation in buying clothes a few sizes smaller, because I imagine how good those would look on me after I lose the extra weight I don't think I'm a shallow person and I know dieting is about being healthy, but still, we all want to be admired and complimented, so why not admit it?

Also, I do not use regular scales. Sometimes I can go days without losing a single gram and I don't want that to bring me down. So I use one of those quantum scales, they don't display a number, simply inform you when your weight starts to change again.

And as long as we're on the topic of motivation, I also try and give my self a little gift when I feel that I've been a "good girl" and stuck to my workout routine. A week ago I was so proud of myself that I bough a pair of earrings, nothing too extravagant, but still, it felt good.

Good luck to everyone!
dianneK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/190/160

Height: 5'8"

I'd like to fit into all the great clothes I got four years ago and could only wear for a year. I refuse to buy any more size 14's (which I'm almost too big for now). I don't have any health issues because of my weight gain. My self-confidence has taken a big shot, so to lose the 25 of the 30 lbs I've gained will definitely remedy that emotional problem. (I also miss the attention from men that was obvious 30 lbs ago, so you're not alone!)
bethann1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 206/147/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
So this probably makes me a bad dieter or more prone to falling off the wagon, but I find lately that my motivation is to look better in my clothes and be more appealing.
You mean there's another reason?

That was pretty much my primary motivation. That and I was afraid I was going to need a seat belt extender next time I flew. Once I got started, THEN the health motivation came. I did not realize what a difference losing weight would make in the way I feel- less tired, fewer aches and pains, more energy... So health has become a primary motivation, but the initial motivation was simply that I hate hate hated the way I looked.
makingthechanges is offline   Reply With Quote