Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #16  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

my arms are still awful. :/
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagalu View Post
my arms are still awful. :/
I do a step class twice a week and I was in front of the mirrors today (not by choice) and I could do was focus in on the wobbling bat wings (and similar problem on my thighs - though WAY more noticeable on the arms). But I also know it bothers me, but others probably don't even notice.... I guess it's part of the life's battle scars. My body has a lot of them!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #18  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I have massive stretch marks on my belly. Massive. They cracked and bled while I was pregnant. My skin sucks! Weird, phenomenon... they've actually migrated to my back. It's like the healthy skin took up the slack and shrunk down. I have them all the way around now. The human body is a weird amazing thing!
Huh, that's interesting. Are you sure you didn't have stretch marks in back too, but you just didn't notice them? (I have them all around too (and yes, those HORRRRRRIBLE stretch marks), but I knew I had them. I have them everywhere - back of knees, under arms, butt, thighs - inner and outer, breasts and worst of all, the tummy.... I think if I hear one more person spout off "use cream to avoid stretch marks" I'll scream! Like those of us with stretch marks didn't try that to avoid them? Duh! LOL
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #19  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Ugh. Stretch marks. I got them all over my back and stomach AND my arms. And I haven't had any kids! Ack!

I tell ya, the weight lifting really helped my arms but that alone didn't help get rid of the flab, dieting got rid of that and revealed the muscle I had been building.

Now to work on my stomach...

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #20  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have massive stretch marks on my belly. Massive. They cracked and bled while I was pregnant. My skin sucks! Weird, phenomenon... they've actually migrated to my back. It's like the healthy skin took up the slack and shrunk down. I have them all the way around now. The human body is a weird amazing thing!
Actually, you've given me some hope for my own arms. We're the same age and I've got some crazy bat wings right now. We had similar start weights, as well. I know mine says 289, but I was only at that weight for about 9 months from being pregnant with my daughter. I spent years in the mid 200's.

I have really bad stretch marks on my stomach as well. That's funny that they kind of moved around to your back. I didn't know they could do that.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #21  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Hmm, now that I think about it- that may be normal because I've noticed my scars and tattoos moved a bit to one side when I got up to 242 so I guess it'd be the same with stretch marks when you lose weight since they are basically scarred skin too?? LoL, now you're gonna have me pay attention to my stretch marks and see if they move as I lose.

Last edited by amandie; 11-16-2011 at 09:46 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #22  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Ugh. Stretch marks. I got them all over my back and stomach AND my arms. And I haven't had any kids! Ack!

I tell ya, the weight lifting really helped my arms but that alone didn't help get rid of the flab, dieting got rid of that and revealed the muscle I had been building.

Now to work on my stomach...
I hear ya on all of 'em- no kids here (yet) either!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm 29 and have lost over 100 pounds and my bat wings still persist. *Sigh* I guess time, genetics, and whatnot are not on my side. Moreso, I have a lot of definition in my arms, but like 4 inches of fat and skin hanging from them. I think after my weight loss journey is complete, I'm going to get liposuction on my arms and skin reduction on my breasts (although that's not relevant to this discussion).
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 259/227/175

Height: 5"10

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I do have faint mini stretch marks on my inner upper arms which i noticed the other day, so im not holding out much hope of them being as lean and shapely as id like.

I think that the transfiction on arms, for myself comes from the fact that ive been hiding my flesh away for years, and would like to be able to 'show something off' when i get to goal. As as ive always thought my legs were a lost cause, attention/fixation has gone on my arms (if that makes sense). I dont want to be still covering myself up because of paranoia about bat wings! Although since losing some, iv found that a lot is coming from my lower legs, and i now have *gasp* ankles! So maybe not so much of a lost cause as i thought.

I will definately carry on with my weights. Thanks again. :-)
chazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #25  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazma View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I do have faint mini stretch marks on my inner upper arms which i noticed the other day, so im not holding out much hope of them being as lean and shapely as id like.

I think that the transfiction on arms, for myself comes from the fact that ive been hiding my flesh away for years, and would like to be able to 'show something off' when i get to goal. As as ive always thought my legs were a lost cause, attention/fixation has gone on my arms (if that makes sense). I dont want to be still covering myself up because of paranoia about bat wings! Although since losing some, iv found that a lot is coming from my lower legs, and i now have *gasp* ankles! So maybe not so much of a lost cause as i thought.

I will definately carry on with my weights. Thanks again. :-)
You know? Your body might surprise you. When I was younger I always hated my legs and thunder thighs. Between lifting and weight loss, they're now my best feature!

Another thing too... as your lose your body will change shape quite a bit so during different stages you might have different body parts that you want to emphasize compared to others. It's a weird thing.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote