Old 03-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #1  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#685

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #2  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Good Evening Ladies!!!

I started this thread. but If you didn't read BarbPA post go back because her dogs are ADORABLE!!!!

Okay I have a thing for dogs.

Meliss: At walmart those size jeans and pants run about $18-$20. Alot cheaper than plus size womens clothes. Sometimes you just want to poke them in the eye.

I don't think I could even try cover everybody. There are so many people here! It is so great to have all these posters. This is my escape.

Tomorrow night I am being installed as the leader. I am so excited. Our current leader has gone down hill since the election. So I am hoping to add some cheer to the group.

Well its supper time. Gotta go.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:49 PM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Rachel - Maybe "offended" is the wrong word...i just didn't want it to sound all like I was looking down on you "oh how cute"...you know what i mean? Like when 16 year old clerks call someone ten years older than them "hon" or something to that effect...
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:56 PM   #4  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope I didn't leave anyone out, but this is the last post on it I see:
2X2 Challenge for March 28th through April 11th

Thinthinker
Shopaholic
Judy
Melissa
SueMarie
Jazzmine

BarbPA-The doggie pics are adorable!!! Thanks for posting them!! And Scooter-Thanks for directing me back to the thread to see them-they were definitely adorable!!!

I have been OP all day a first in awhile. I didn't get anymore exercies in today-still pouring outside...I should have done another WATP tape-at least a 1 mile, but didn't

BTW*For anyone reading this..... PLEASE, ask me later: "Tina, did you exercise?" I really want to be able to tell you yes Tina, Did it happen??? I am hoping you answer yes!!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes...I am glad I am here!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking Monday

Today went very well, as I stayed within my WW points and drank my water, did some exercise and got some homework done too.

As for the family part of my recommitment? Well I'm just waiting for my youngest son to come back from Karate, then we can have a nice dinner and work on homework with all the kids. So, I can pretty much say that Day 1 was successful

Hey Ya'll, I got a question. What is the 2X2 challenge?
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Good evening!

How the heck did I miss a whole thread? I checked all day today and it still said "read only" and it wasn't until tonight that I could get the normal forum. It looks like you all have been back since yesterday? Weird.

Maybe someone didn't want me coming back?! If so, too bad cause I'm here.

Today was my first official day on WW Core. I got up at 5:35 am to do 20 minutes on the spinner and 20 minutes of pilates before work. I had a good OP day foodwise. We had such a lovely sunny day so we raced out to the horsebarn after work. I got Ginger out for a nice 30 minute ride in the outdoor arena. This is the first time I've ridden her since December. I hope her foot does well because we trotted and loped some. Then I led her around the arena for Allison (Cherie's 4 y/o) to ride her. She kept asking, Can I ride Ginger, Can I ride Ginger, Dad said its okay if you lead, Can I ride Ginger. I had to let her out of self-preservation. Old Ging' did great with the little girl. I also got Spanky out of the lot for the first time and into the outdoor arena so I could lead him around. He did well too. I'm really looking forward to the longer days now that I have four horses that need worked. And to end off the exercise, I walked the dog when we got home.

I'll be ready for bed really soon. The plan is to get up at 5:30 when DH's alarm goes off. If I'm going to break through my plateau, I'm going to have to make more effort with the exercise and make more effort at being completely OP with the food.

I have gottena few PM's with weight results for the 2x2 challenge. Don't forget to PM me if you have a loss during the last two weeks to add to the total.

I am hopelessly behind on the posts tonight. And its time to go to bed.

Thinthinker
Shopaholic
Judy
Melissa
SueMarie
Jazzmine
Terri

Goodnight all!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:17 PM   #7  
I want my two dollars!!!

It feels like it's been a long time since I've posted but I guess it's just all the posting that's been going on!! It's kinda hard to keep up with but I really enjoy reading everyone's posts.

I used to shop in the men's department in Kmart b/c the shirts always fit better. I thought that was so funny tho b/c you would think they would make women's plus sized clothes and consider that most big women have large breasts... but no they always were too small there. Bah! I have to admit tho that I hated the clothes from the men's department. It's really a shame how being large seems to steal your femininity from you (at least in my case it did).

Shop - The ladies are right, you are very pretty. And it looks like you have excellent skin! Lucky you!

Jazzmine - Great to see you in here! I hope you get post happy like everyone else and I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here.

Thin - I need to check out that book that you got your kids!! LOL, the cosmos knows I don't have any cash hehe. I'm so broke ugh. I really wanna see Ms. Congeniality 2.. how was it? I loved the first one, but Sandra B. is my fave actress so I may be biased! I'm wondering what kind of job you do... sounds almost like a secret shopper.

Barb- video games eh? I'll admit that I love them too. Ever tried any Final Fantasy on the older systems? I've played them over and over heh.

QueenB- My food's been terrible the weekend too now that I look at it although at the time I thought I was doing ok. I mean I knew I would be over a little with the holidays but on the days where I thought I was being ok... those were the ones that really blew me off! Ugh, so I really need to start being more careful with my journal and not waiting until the end of the day to tally things up. If I do it one meal at a time maybe it would key into me how much I've had so far. We shall see. I know what you mean though about you not being the thing that is working. I am the same way. I will get something and tell myself "Why are you eating this? You don't need it; you're not even hungry." And I'll KNOW that it's going to add a gain but still and so it's like my hand is quicker than the brain and in it goes. Then I spend a lot of time feeling guilty, ashamed, depressed and like I'm just not worth the effort. (That whole it's a losing battle thing.) I'm usually pretty positive though but in those moments it's really hard not to just give in and stuff face. Bleah.

I suppose that my biggest motivation though is family, because honestly I really want to fall in love and have children one day and I know that isn't going to happen until I shape up and do what I have to do. I'm just too uncomfortable with myself at this size to have any kind of intimacy and I secretly feel that horrible feeling that no man would want me like this. heh. I admit it!!! I hope you find your motivation. You really need to do it for yourself. That was something that I finally figured out but it still takes me a few moments to remember that sometime. Don't do it for anyone or anything else but yourself. And Tina, did you exercise????

My biggest problem lately is just exercising and watching what I eat. I know I know, that's the two biggest things right. BLEAH! I go through these motivation squeezes tho where it all goes kaput, so I'm hoping this week I will finally be able to pick it up again. Someone wanna wrap some up and send it? Tomorrow I'm getting out and walking whether I have to do it alone or not. NO excuses!!! And it's journal day with my pals so I know they're going to ream me hard up the when they see my calorie counts for this weekend. I'm so embarrased.

Well take care everyone and catch up with you later!!
Julie
Loki's Concubine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:26 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy

I will NOT tell you guys a lie..... I have not exercised yet. After I got off the computer, the phone rang and it was my husband telling me they had put his dad in the hospital, they've found a lot of blood clots in each lung. I'm terribly concerned about this as I don't know what has caused it and what they will do to fix it.

After I got off the phone with him, I did a little research on what causes blood clots in the lungs and non of them seem very promising. *sigh* So, after I got off the internet, I went to the bathroom and realized how very tired I was, so I decided to lay down.... "for just a minute."

3 - 4 hours later, I woke up, thinking, "Well, great. I've slept the entire night away. I haven't eaten yet and I'm contemplating not doing so, because to be honest, I'm just not hungry. Now, on top of that, I'm feeling guilty because I MAJORLY need to exercise and I feel like a big fat lazy slug.

I still may end up doing it. I wish you guys could reach through the computer and push my big butt into the living room.... but I know that's something I have to do for myself. Thanks again to all of you for your wonderful responses. You are all so right.

Ok...... I'm getting off here again. I'm heading to the living room....

I just might do this thing.

P.S. I go to the ob/gyn tomorrow to find out the results of my biopsy. Keep your fingers

Hugs to all!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #9  

Hello chickies!!!

Well, I've been lured out of hiding by Thin Thinker again!! I see Tina and JoAnne are back too. Are we having an Old Timers Reunion???

Thin: Thanks for the card. You are so thoughtful! How was DH's trip? Nuremburg is one place I haven't been yet. I may not get there either. Oh well. I am on the countdown!! Only 5 more months left and I am coming back to the States!!! I am SO excited I am already packing LOL!!! I can't wait to be back in the land of Super Walmart .

Food is AWFUL!!!! So awful in fact that I actually made myself sick all day yesterday. We had Easter parties, my daughters bday, my husbands bday, and another friends bday, and the amount of cake, pies, candy, cookies, and all other junk food was just overwhelming. I am going to end up throwing out an entire garbage bag today full of nothing but junk food!!! How scary is that?? I have TWO bday cakes on my counter!!! Two pies in my fridge!!! A bowl of cookies and a BUCKET of candy too!!! ACK!!! Make it all go away!! Ugh. I'm getting nauseated just thinking about it all.

Well, I have approximately 15 pounds to get to goal still. My weight fluctuates by two pounds up or down from day to day so it's hard to say exactly. I know, I know. I shouldn't weigh every day, but I am still a scale junkie and am on that dang thing several times a day. Not healthy. I should have my husband hide the cursed thing!!!

I have been given the OK to start exercising now by my surgeon. I'm 8 weeks post op tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I'm still no swimsuit model, but I feel better having gotten rid of some of that extra skin. I still have a lot of hangy skin on the thighs, and batwings on my arms, but I will have to just deal with it. I'm done with surgery if I can help it. I have posted before and after pics at picturetrail.com if anyone wants to see, but I warn you....these are NOT for those of you with weak stomachs. The befores are NOT pretty. Here's the addy: http://www.picturetrail.com/jehari

Well, I gotta start working on getting the kids up. We are all having a hard time adjusting to losing an hours sleep. Daylight savings time happens a week earlier here than in the US. I'm just stunned how much difference an hour can make with the 'ol body clock. I must be really set in my ways LOL.

Anyhow chickies...I'll pop in later. Thin won't let me get away with disappearing LOL!!!

Jen
Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #10  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Just popping in "one" more time before bed... hmmm...my turkey came out kind of dry, i think i overcooked it, oh well, that's what i get.

i had an easter egg today, just one...i bought a 3 pack at wal-mart for 88 cents, kept one and gave the other two to my brother...you gotta indulge on that stuff once in a while, it's a holiday, a special occasion

just a few thoughts...

Julie - I totally get how you feel about being overweight robbing you of your femininity, i feel the same way. i look through some of these plus sized cateloges and i want to freaking scream...we're human beings, not blobs! it's like, if you do not want to dress provacatively and bare a lot of skin, your choices are scant. i personally can fit into a lot of plus sized clothing. i'm probably a size 24 up top...thing is i am not comfortable wearing my size, i like my clothing to be loose, so i have to really hunt around for stuff...it makes shopping a chore now, it's no fun this is my biggest motivation for losing weight (other than my health).

i promised myself i'd lose 40 pounds before i see owen this summer....i'm *hoping* to lose even more, but we'll see. when we met, i weighed 140 pounds less than what i do now, isn't that sad? that weight just piled on me over the last five years. damn endocrine disorder. alas, we all have been dealt a certain hand of cards, and people like me just have to try THAT much harder to get into shape.

Tina - YOu get your butt into gear and do those Walk Away the Pounds tapes!! ...even if you make it half a mile without the weights! I can empathize with the nap thing, i fell asleep too, hee hee...i hate waking up in the middle of the day, it's so confusing.

danielle (my client) has her interview tomorrow, where (hopefully if she is in her right mind, literally) she will tell them the TRUTH..that i NEVER EVER pulled her hair. i seriously have the worst karma, and i dont even believe in that crap ...but seriously, who makes up stories like that???

well, it's bedtime for me...g'night ladies.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:40 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Talking

Jen: Although those pics are a little scary at first, I think you've got amazing results after only 6 weeks!! Good for you. You are looking amazing!!

I just had to say that to Jen, but the main reason I've popped back on is because I did it!!!! I did the one mile!!!

I am making you guys a promise.... RIGHT NOW. No matter how much I want to slack off, every single day this week I am going to do the one mile. No matter how tired I am, no matter how much I don't want to, no matter what type of excuses I give, certainly I can manage 20 minutes a day for myself!!

Thank you all so much for your encouragement.

I'm going to hit the hay for now, but I just wanted to tell you how much it means and how happy I am to be back here with you guys. Thanks for everything!!!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:53 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I'm back for half a second (yeah, like THAT's ever the case! ) I still have my showgirl and coffee shop paperwork to do from today and I get to get up early tomorrow and do more coffee shops so that "half a second" better be closer to the truth than not tonight.

Julee: It sounds like you had a VERY busy weekend, but alot of fun! Good for you preparing for your food intake on Saturday and keeping control. You go, girl! That is awsome! *If the boss is leaving town, I'm betting he just wants to talk to you about being in charge while he's gone. He's probably got some list he wants you to see to while he's away. Don't worry about it. Ya know why? Because worrying isn't going to make it any better and if it's nothing, you'll have wasted a whole lot of time and effort on the worry. BTW, it's not secret, I do mystery (secret) shopping. Actually, I also do alot of audit work too and a little bit of merchandising, although since I don't get up and down as well as I used to, I haven't done much with the merchandising in quite some time.

Melissa: Must be something wrong with that Internet connection. It shouldn't be so wonkey if there's nothing wrong with it.

SueMarie: I'm thinking Tim Horton's doesn't really go much past Michigan. They are actually a Canadian company and we just got them here a few years ago. They're actually kinda like a Dunkin' Donuts. Do you have those out there?

BarbPA: I knew your jet-setting wasn't all for fun. I've mentioned to you before totally understanding the aging parents far away. [[[hugs]]] Wasn't it your dad that was ill some time ago? I thought it was YOUR dad and Kat's FIL. Hope he's doing well. I'm sure your mother's passing has been very hard on all of you, him and your brother included. *BTW, the puppies are cute. Charlie is such a doll!

Scooter: Ahhhh, so tomorrow is the BIG night, eh??? Cool Beans! Did the other leader want to get out of being one, or did she still want the job and you won the election? That can make things a little touchy. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it all off. Again, congrats on the new position.

Jazzmine: Good job on the OP day! One and then One more, makes two. Baby steps will get the job done!

Joanne: The 2x2 Challenge is it's simply a commitment to lose 2 pounds in 2 weeks. We start a new one every two weeks on Mondays. It is a goal that is small, measurable and easily (well some would say) attainable. In order to join, just copy the following list into your next post and add your name to the bottom.

Terri: Hey, girl, are you working the horses, or are they working you??? Sounds like great exercise trying to keep all four of them going......plus the dog......and hubby!

Loki: I like Sandra Bullock too. She's one of my favorites! I really enjoyed Miss Congeniality 2. It was pretty funny. Very entertaining. Thanks for asking. I forgot that I used to give my "showgirl" reviews every time I worked the theatre. I'll have to get back into it. *And yup, you are right. Most of what I do is secret shopping.

Tina: GOOD FOR YOU!!! YOU DID IT!!! WOOHOO FOR YOU!!! * Oh, Honey, that doesn't sound good at all about Ron's dad. Blood clots are nothing to fool around with. I sure hope he's doing better. *I'm also sending up good wishes for you and your results. Sure have had to wait for them, haven't you! [[[hugs]]]

Jen: Hey, girl, good to see you! You know me, I'll do anything I have to to get you guys out of hiding! Now if I could just figure out what to do to keep you here, I'd be doing really good! Glad you're coming home. Will hubby's tour be over then, or does he still have time to put in. I wonder how the kids will asymalate (sp?) back into U.S. classrooms. Although I suppose that the schools there are operated by the U.S., aren't they? *If you get a chance to go to Nuremburg, do. The pics Honey took are really beautiful. I guess there's a whole "old" city, like pre-WWII, and then the newer city. The cathedrals were just lovely. He and the guy he was with hiked up to the castle too and took some great pics. *WOW, what a difference. Your pictures are really great. You look so good for just being done for 6 weeks.

Well, my dears, I'm outta here once again. Oh, before I go, when I read first I saw someone that was interested in Slurpees. I'm sorry, I forgot who and then couldn't find the reference when I went back and re-read to do replies. Anyway, if you have 7-11's by you, here is their stats on Slurpees. If you don't have 7-11's I'm sure the stats are pretty similar at least for the Pepsi ones. BTW, these stats are courtesy of Dotti's. And again, the number after the parenthesis is WW points.

Slurpees All Flavors
44 oz Slurpee (550 cal/0 g fat) 11
32 oz Slurpee (400 cal/0 g fat) 8
22 oz Slurpee (275 cal/0 g fat) 5.5
16 oz Slurpee (200 cal/0 g fat) 4
Diet Pepsi Slurpee
12 oz Slurpee (7 cal/0 g fat/3 g carbs) 0
10 oz Slurpee (6 cal/0 g fat/3 g carbs) 0
8 oz Slurpee (5 cal/0 g fat/2 g carbs) 0
Crystal Light Raspberry Ice Slurpee
40 oz Slurpee (170 cal/0 g fat/38 g carbs) 3.5
28 oz Slurpee (120 cal/0 g fat/26 g carbs) 2.5
22 oz Slurpee (90 cal/0 g fat/21 g carbs) 2
12 oz Slurpee (50 cal/0 g fat/11 g carbs) 1
Crystal Light Lemon Lime Ice Slurpee
40 oz Slurpee (160 cal/0 g fat/34 g carbs) 3.5
28 oz Slurpee (110 cal/0 g fat/24 g carbs) 2.5
22 oz Slurpee (90 cal/0 g fat/19 g carbs) 2
12 oz Slurpee (50 cal/0 g fat/10 g carbs) 1
Crystal Light Orange Pineapple Ice Slurpee
40 oz Slurpee (190 cal/0 g fat/38 g carbs) 4
28 oz Slurpee (130 cal/0 g fat/27 g carbs) 3
22 oz Slurpee (110 cal/0 g fat/21 g carbs) 2.5
12 oz Slurpee (60 cal/0 g fat/11 g carbs) 1.5

Ok, now I'm really gone. Love ya bunches!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:26 AM   #13  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Default I'm Baaaaack!

Ok...first things first.

Thinthinker
Shopaholic
Judy
Melissa
SueMarie
Jazzmine
Terri
Keri

Sorry to have been MIA for a week or so now...I went off plan and just didn't feel like posting. But today I am back with a vengence (well, yesterday technically.) And while I was away I happily did not put much weight back on...only 1/2 a pound! So that is a big accomplishment for me.
So today was a POP day. And the rest of the week will be too!
I have to revamp my goals.

But hope everyone had a nice Easter, I know I did...and I didn't over do it food wise either.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:19 AM   #14  

Good morning chickies , NO rain today! Yipee, My backyard still looks like a swimming pool. Too bad I can't go for a swim in it. Our forecast for today is 80 degrees. It is not so warm rifght now though.

Scooter, you are so right! trying to keep up with everybody will make your head swim! I am sure you will be a great tops leader and have nothing to be nervous about. Easy said huh?

Mel, oh yeah, you sure found one of my pet peeves..It makes my teeth on edge to have some prissy little clerk call me honey. I am way to polite to tell her what I think.

Jazzmine, welcome. Hope to see you here often.

Joanna, One day down and ---- more to go. Like everyone keeps saying its those one day at a time actions that get us where we want to go.

Terri, I get worn out just reading all of your activity. A calorie doesn't stand a chance with all that movement. Send me some of that energy will Ya?

Loki, oh boy, do I know about eating something and asking myself WHY did I do that. It seems to just jump in my mouth! If you ever figure that one out, how about sharing the solution with me?

Tina, I will be glad to give your butt a shove if you can reach through the computer and return the favor. I hope that your FIL will be all right. That is scarey. Let us know how he is doing ok?

Jen, Wow, the pictures are something! I would need that done if, no when I get this weight off. You look great for six weeks. Where are you in Germany, if you don't mind my asking? We were in Augsburg on our last tour in Germany

Thin, get some sleep girl, you work too hard!

Synn, I think it is naturasl to want to hide when we are off program, but just come on in and tell us your woes. I will bet you that everyone here understands!

I think that is everyone on this thread, if I missed you, I will catch you later.

A quote I found on another site"You might think you can put it off until later, but the the only time thats currently available is the moment you are in" How true.

Let me try this again. I didn't make my 2 lb. loss for the last two weeks, so here goes again:

Thinthinker
Shopaholic
Judy
Melissa
SueMarie
Jazzmine
Terri
Iwillbe

time to move my big posterior (not so funny) UMM, I wonder if you could donate some fat to science? I would gladly give x amonut of lbs from each hip. Have a good one! Iwillbe

Last edited by Iwillbe; 03-29-2005 at 06:22 AM.
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Good morning!

I'm up and have done 25 mins on the spinner and 20 minutes of conditioning work. Woohoo. Now why can't I do this every day and feel great every day??? Because I'm 44 and its natural to have days where I feel 84.

Jen - Thanks for sharing the pics. What...no pics of the new boobs? You look great.

Tina - Good job on getting in that 1 mile. You can do it! Just remember - Its a choice to either do it or not and you are making the choice for a healthier you. Keeping saying, I CHOOSE! My prayers for your FIL.

BarbPA - Loved the pics of your babies. So cute!

Welcome back Keri. We're here to help encourage when you fall off plan.

Meliss - for that job situation!

Okay folks, I have to get moving. I haven't replied to everyone but I did read.

TIP FOR TUESDAY: Make a plan for a day. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just plan for today what you're going to choose to eat and choose to do to make this day a healthy day.

Now, go do it!

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote