Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 07:33 AM   #16  
One day at a time.

Hello ladies!

Spryng, Congratulation on your little boy! So, how have you been lately?

I'm feeling better everyday, and my sinus/cold is finally getting better but with the help of some antibiotics though. I'm starting to feel some little flutters of the baby pretty good, but I'll be happy when it get more active, so I will feel it everyday! I don't know if it's because I'm older or what, but I don't remember worrying about my pregnancy as much with my Ds. But that was 12 years ago, so that may be the reason!?!

Ginny, I do hope you're feeling better! Make sure you get your rest in, when you can, and take it easy when you get back to your walking. We don't want you to relapse! I saw the weather up your way is getting lots of white stuff, does that mean you'll have more time off to get well? Take care!

Jackie, Congratulations to you on starting your own business! I hope you enjoy it, and I'll ask like everyone else, what do you do? Hope I'm not being too nosey!

Karen, sounds like you're so motivated now! I wish you could give me some of that, cause my eating has been so awful lately. With this morning sickness, I haven't been eating right at all? Enjoy going to the gym, and we'll cheer you on too! BTW congrats on losing another .5 keep it up and you'll reach your goal for sure!!!

Well, it's time to get Ds up for school, TTYL!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:55 AM   #17  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

mel - dont you worry so much about your eating right now.. give your self the time to get through the morning sickness! I remember that well! With my son it was so bad that in the first 15 weeks I lost 25 pounds... but that was because (I found out when I wasa 5 months along) that I had a gall blader problem. My morning sickness never really went away until after I had an attack at 5 months. the pain was so bad that I thought I was either having a heart attack or losing the baby. It ended up well though... once they fixed my diet I started gaining like I was supposed to and ended up weighing about 20 pounds less after giving birth than before getting pregnant. My daughter was a whole other issue though! I had an emergancy Gall Blader removal when tyler was 3 weeks old because even on my diet I had 3 attacks in a week. So I was feeling pretty good after the first 12-15 weeks. And I ate better! You will too!

I am really motivated. The one thing I learned listening to all those people is that you have to make your eating and fitness work with your lifestyle. I have discovered that although I did well on the Points system, my life cannot revolve around the points. I know what good eating habits are for me. I need to have the right foods in the house. I know what are my challenges (peanut butter, chips, cookies) and I need to have very few of them in the house. If I do what I know what is going to work with me I can succeed. I know that if I drive by the gym everyday knowing I am paying for it but not going.. I will drive myself crazy. A lot of it is psychological.. but it is what I know works for me!

DH gets home from CA this afternoon... I sent him an email about it all so I will let you know what happens! I am hoping to join!!
Old 02-12-2003, 08:25 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Gee it is great to see all the posts!!!!!!!
I am on for only a few minutes.........Ds needs the 'puter to research a CD that he wants to get (to see if the review meets his mother's approval).
Well, to answer your questions, I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!!
Got to the Ww meeting and I am so glad that I did. The program gets more flexible each time I go there- now I can sort of meeting hop (I have 4 possible locations to go to, depending upon my life and schedule), which is great.
Gosh I feel like such a creep, just saying hello without getting personal!!!! But duty beckons......... I'll check in later or tomorrow to greet each of you.
Have a great nite!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-12-2003, 09:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!!
Ginny I am so glad you got to that meeting and it really sounds as though you enjoyed it. Please fill us in on the details ok??
Karen you sound really motivated too! I think this thread is going to be a success really soon in the weight loss department! I'm so happy for all of you! What plan are you on, by the way?
Melissa, I am so thrilled that you are feeling the baby move. It's the greatest feeling in the world (until they kick your bladder so hard you pee your pants or they kick a rib and it becomes bruised and tender) but it's still a great feeling. Have you got to hear the heartbeat yet?
Well, I'm doing great tonight. I got alot accomplished today. We went to Joplin, MO. to switch headboards for my ds's bed because we got the wrong color then we walked around the mall there and had a great time. The weather was beautiful today (53 degrees with no wind blowing so it felt like spring) so we came home and let the kids play outside while I got my dishes and some laundry caught up on. My Dh went to work at 4:30 pm and I continued to clean and sort through things while the kids either played in their rooms or watched cartoons and I just felt really capable today. My legs aren't very sore anymore from that painting job (thanks to my sweet Dh who has rubbed them faithfully every night working out the tension) so all in all it has been a great day! Oh I and I actually made dinner tonight! That's a big deal because since I became pregnant my DH has been doing alot of the cooking because I'm just too tired to mess with it and his answer alot of the time is to bring home fast food. That works for awhile but I get so burned out on that, you know? So tonight because all the dishes were caught up and the kitchen really clean I decided to cook a tuna noodle entree. It turned out very good and the kids ate it up! We even had vegetables! Imagine that!! lol. It was nice. Too bad my Dh wasn't here to appreciate it. But there is plenty left over
Well, that about does it for me. Got the kids to bed and now it's my quiet time. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #20  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Just droping in for a second.. dont have too much to say...

But just to answer Spryng.. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot be on a so called Plan (IE WW , locarb.. etc) It just does not fit into our life style. WHat I am doing is making healthy choices and scaling down the size of the meals I eat. I am no longer buying foods I know that I cannot say no to. The family is learning to love low fat cooking... stuff like that. The problem for me is not sticking to the plan.. but once I come off the plan. so if I change my habits and my cooking.. that will make the difference. That is basically what I did on WW.. I although I converted everything to points then.

does that make sense?
Old 02-13-2003, 05:54 PM   #21  

Yes of course that makes tons of sense Making small changes is what weight loss is all about. Buying more veggies or cooking without oil or lard is part of that and of course by scaling down your portions you will succeed. I'm one of those girls though that needs directions. I love to add and subtract cal, carbs, fat, etc. So I do ok on diets that require that. Once this baby is born I plan on doing a modified version of the rotation diet. It's low cal but has great results. It doesn't allow your body to get used to eating low cal so you don't plateau. I liked the idea before I became pregnant and hope to get off this pregnancy weight with it. But you sound very balanced and on track ,must be why you are losing the weight!!
How is everyone's day going?
Mine is going well. I have cornish hens in the oven for dinner and it looks as though we will start tackling the great project of remodling the kitchen very soon. We'll probably start buying the items we need this weekend. I can't wait!!
Hope everyone had a great day and is staying OP!!
Old 02-13-2003, 08:22 PM   #22  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!
Another short post for me, but I hope to get back on later and leave more verbage........which as you all know I am such a blabber puss.....
Karen-Whatever works for you !!!!!!! Good luck with your healthy eating plan. You have all the knowledge (and of course our sagely (cough, cough) advice to succeed. Actually I have gotten some great advice from these ladies- so the coughing is just for me!!!!! (and from me until I finally ditch this cold). You have to do what works for you and your family- and from the WW materials that I read this afternoon it is the "having to cook for a family" part that is the hardest for us. Best of luck to you- you have us as a very loud and enthusiastic cheering section! BTW- any news on a possible move?

Spryng- gee you are getting so much done these days!!!! Great- I am so happy to hear you enjoying home ownership. I am glad that you are feeling better and that your legs do not ache so much. WTG Dh for rubbing them down!!!! Your weather sounds nice.......50's! We are struggling to get in the mid 20's and more white stuff this weekend. Aw, I really do love winter.
I had better scoot. I'll try to get back on later and fill you in on the WW meeting. Yes, it was inspirational (I needed a swift kick in the backside!). And so far so good for me with my eating. I am getting a bit hungry now- so will head upstairs for a diet hot chocolate. One thing- just 24 hours of eating right and I feel great!!!!!!!!!! I have all kinds of energy- some of which might be from getting rid of the cold bit by bit. But I think most of it is just eating better. You do NOT want to know what my weigh in was - besides awful and depressing......... Aw, quit blabbing Ginny! See ya later!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

BTW, Karen, yes you make sense!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:35 AM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Yup, here I am back again!! I did get some sleep last night, as opposed to getting back online.
Mel and Jackie- how are you doing????? Melissa are you feeling better with your cold? And how is the morning sickness - easing up I hope. As far as your eating goes- try to keep a balance, you know like you were taught in WW. I know it is tough- especially when not feeling well. Hang in there!
Jackie- gee I can't wait to hear about your new business!! Sounds like fun- something that brings in some cash and is fun also.
Spryng- good luck with the kitchen rennovation!
Karen- how are you doing with your personal eating plan???

As for me- I did not count points yesterday, but know that I was within range. Ok, yell at me if you like- I was just too busy, but will get to logging in those points today. I ate well, tough- and avoided all the bad stuff. And despite all the chocolate and cookies in the house I had none of it!!!!!!
Today I am off to a good start- a 3 point morning so far. I am going to attempt to get a walk in today, my first in almost a week. And the bronchitis is slowly improving.
So as far as the meeting goes.......well this is going to sound awfully selfish- but I was encouraged as I did not feel too fat there. Comfort in numbers, I guess. And it was great to hear from one woman who just lost 50#- after starting at 225 or so. (and I thought she looked pretty good!). The leader there told us to take a penny- and go home and make one change that would make a difference in our behavior. For some - it might be throw out the remains of a troublesome food. I have no idea what I am going to do- with 3 "normal" eaters in the house I can leave all the peanut butter and junk around and they will remain thin. But she did say to get rid of a trouble food- but replace it with something - a healthy alternative. So, although I did not get rid of anything- I bought the diet hot chocolate, and loved that cup full last nite. Oh- the penny??? We have to bring that back next week and get a bravo sticker on it for making the change.
Well, the blabber puss had better go unload the dishwasher.
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-14-2003, 11:11 AM   #25  

Wink Stay at home mom/ new to this website! May I join you?

Hello, My name is Karen and I've been a sahm for almost 14 years. My oldest child will be 14 in May. My youngest is only 5 months old! I also have a 9 yearold,7 year old and a 6 year old. All in school except the baby!LOL I have been battling with my weight just about all my adult life (I am now 38) or will be the 26th of this month! I vowed if I ever reached the 200 lb. mark I'd take some serious action. I really need support and can also give support to other ladies who know what I'm going through. I am unfortunately a couch potato with not alot of get up and go and would really love to become more active! I can use some inspiration there too! I've alraedy posted on 2 other threads of this website but have received no reply from anybody yet, so this is my last attempt. I'm not a very patient person and if the threads are too slow in responding I don't stay on them. I need a daily response to help me out! Please let me know asap if I'm welcome here! Thanks. Karen (really need support)!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 12:04 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Welcome Karen!!!!!!!!!Welcome Karen!!!!!!!!!
I am sooooooo glad that you are here to join us!!!!! Please bear in mind that for some reason the thread has been a bit slow- as in a lot of our regulars have been missing in action, but blabber puss me is here today and I am happy that you posted.
I have been overweight most of my adult life- actually during adolescence and early adult hood I was at the upper end of normal for my height and did not get into serious trouble until Ds came along......... Now I would love to be at the 130-140 that I was in my late teens and early 20's.
Anyway- we are all on different programs- whatever works for each of us. I just started weight watchers- some are on modified WW's- some have been on Atkins- it does not matter.
We share our weight loss/regain health journey and all the fun(? )of being a parent. BTW I have 3 children- 16 (dd), 13 (ds) and 7 (dd).
Gotta go- I am taking the gang bowling in a half an hour! Oh and I did get my walk in .
Have a great day!!!
Ginny
Old 02-14-2003, 12:46 PM   #27  

Good morning all and welcome Karen! It is so nice to meet you and congrats on your new baby!! Boy or girl??
I'm am Spryng. (real name) I am 23, been married for 5 years come April and have two kids, my dd who turned 3 in Dec and a ds who turned 2 in dec, (they are 11 months apart) and I am now currently pregnant with my third and final baby, 21 weeks right now. It is a BOY!! We are very excited. But before I became pregnant I was really trying to lose weight. After I got married I gained 40 lbs within 8 months and then with the pregnancies it just went up and up. I was doing pretty good. Got within 10 lbs of my goal when I became pregnant. The majority of my weightloss I got off with Atkins (low carb) then I switched to low cal because I was tired of all the protein. But I have been on every diet out there just about. Low fat, extremely low fat, low cal, low carb. food combining, pills, etc. What was working for me the most was low calorie because I could still have anything I loved just small portions of it. And I bought a recumbant bike that I was seeing some great results with. But that is all on hold right now because of the baby on the way. But after this little one is born I plan to start right away and get this weight back off. So that's why I stick around here. The people here have become close friends of mine and I hope you will see that too! We are all supportive of each other and really get along well! I can't wait to get to know you better!! What diet plan are you on right now? Can't wait to hear from you again!
Ginny that meeting sounds so great! I'm so glad you are going to them, you can share your experiances with us when you get home and that is encouraging! The penny idea is great! I think WW is exactly what you needed. How many points can you have a day? 3 points for breakfast sounds great. You probably saved alot for the rest of the day huh? I would do that on low cal. I would eat a small breakfast so that I could indulge in a big dinner and not exceed my cals for the day. My favorite lunch was low cal bread with low cal mayo and healthy choice lunch meat. One sandwich would only be 115 calories. So I could have two or one with some soup. That was my favorite "filling" low cal meal. I also would buy fat free skim milk and cook with it. My DH couldn't taste the difference, not even in white gravy which uses alot of milk. I also cut out alot of butter. If the recipe called for 2 tablespoons I would use a small teaspoon and the flovor wasn't altered enough to notice but it cut down the cals dramatically. Wow, I'm getting excited about dieting again after this baby is born. My downfalls were always eating out. So I'll have to work on that later.
Well, I'm busy cleaning today because we will start the remodel very soon and I want this house in order before we start demolishing it again lol. I'll talk to you all later!!
Old 02-14-2003, 03:48 PM   #28  

Angry Hi Spryng and Ginny Thanks for the welcome!

Hi again, I thought I'd check while Hannah is napping to see if anybody responded to my post! I was so thrilled to see your replies! I am currently following a local weight loss program called EBM. Eat, Breath and Move! I am following the day by day eating plan but haven't yet been able to start the exercise part mostly due to the awful, cold, winter conditions here in Nova Scotia, Canada! Thank goodness our groundhog didn't see his shadow! I am so looking forward to Spring! Hannah and I can get out walking then! I started my program on Sunday past so I go on Monday morning for a weigh in. They only do measurements once a month, which I feel is more than enough for measurements! I can take Hannah with me because it is just a weigh in and then you get your next weeks eating plan. There are seven weeks of the plan then you go back to week one and continue. I know some gals who have belonged to it for some time and they have lost lots of weight and kept itoff, so I'm hoping it'll work for me too! The lady that runs it also has aerobics classes, weight training and pilates and stuff but with Hannah, I can't fit that in right now. Walking is the easiest and most convenient for me right now! Anyway I'll check in with you gals on Monday and let youknow how I've done! Karen
Old 02-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #29  
One day at a time.

Hi,

Just a quick post, but wanted to pop in!

Welcome Karen! We love to meet new friends! I'm Melissa SAHM with a 12 yr son and also a baby on the way! Don't know what it is yet? I've battled my weight for most of my life, and was finally get it under control when~Guess what~Yes, I got pregnant. So now I'm just trying to have a healthy pregnancy with out gaining the 66 lbs I had lost.

Ginny, My cold is gradually getting better, but not gone yet. My morning sickness is not lasting all day now, just mostly in the evenings. But still better!!!

Karen W~ you are so right, the home cooking part is what was tough for me in the beginning, when I joined WW, but I started getting the recipies from the WW web site and cooking low fat with lots of veggies and my family was ok with it.

Well, we're of for a special Valentines dinner!

TTFN
Old 02-14-2003, 09:25 PM   #30  
I'm a Jovi Girl

OH Man I had a really long post that got deleted!!

WELCOME KAREN from the other Karen!!! I am a SAHM of 2 DS is 6 and DD is 4.5. I have been battling my weight since my teenage years. in 1999 when I stopped breastfeeding my dd I did the WW at Home program and lost 56 pounds in 10 months! Then in 2000 we moved from CA to WA and I gained back 30 of t. But I am back on the wagon again using the principles of WW without the points.

GOOD NEWS! DH got me my gym membership for Valentine's day!!!!! only $12 a month! WOO HOO! They arent officially open until March 15th, but that is ok! They are less than 5 minutes from my house and I drive by everyday when going too and from school! So I will have no excuses!! I am thrilled to say the least!! I will be using the next month to really work on getting consistant with the exercise!

Hope everyone is having a great v-day! That spoilsport TOM is giving me cramps but I am still having a great day! Or rather had as it is 6:30 pm here!

Ginny - nope no more news on the possible move yet. I dont expect to hear anything more until august.. the SEC is looking at the merger right now... so who knows what will happen!
Closed Thread