Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 09:32 AM   #1  

Angry Christian Encouragers #162

If you need encouragement and support during your weight loss journey, you have come to the right place. We pray for each other in hard times and praise each other in good times. We have a GREAT bunch of folks here. So c'mon!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 10:23 AM   #2  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm looking forward to having a great day today! Have been a little down lately and so last night I read the Bible and it gave me all I needed. I have a different outlook. Amazing how the Lord speaks to you through his Word.

Going to work out this a.m. and i will stay OP today. Tomorrow is my day off (of being OP) so I have incentive.

Wanted to mention, I send out a daily devotion taken from a Joyce Meyer calendar and if anyone is interested in receiving this daily, email me and I'll add you.....

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-25-2003, 11:40 AM   #3  

Angry Saturday

Good Morning ALL!!!

How is everyone this morning? I am ok I guess. I went to the Dr yesterday and was NOT happy with the report. He told me that I have a peptic ulcer, possibly an inflammed liver, and having more problems with my heart. *sigh* The problem with my heart is that I have way too much pressure inside my heart which is causing blood to backflow and causing me to retain extra fluid. Like congestive heart failure. It's very serious!!! He even referred me to another cardiologist for a second opinion because he suggests that I quit work and try to get on disability. I have so many mixed emotions!!! I love my job and don't really want to quit but he told me it might mean the difference in life and death. My heart is so heavy right now with this decision. I have two DD 5 and 15 to think about. But I do love my job.

Please continue to pray for me. You all mean the world to me and I don't think I could get through all this without you and my friends here. He told me to face the situation and don't deny it anymore. But it's so hard, I'm ONLY 41!!!! But it's this STUPID WEIGHT!!!! It's always the weight!!! Some of you will understand that. I can go to the Dr with a hangnail and they say it's because of the weight. I know that's an stretching it but that's the way I feel.

Ok, NO more whining!!! I'm still up SIX lbs from this time last week but it's fluid. But it really is disheartening. I've tried so hard and I realize that this will come off but it really hurts to see those higher numbers again.

Thanks to ALL for ALL the PRAYERS!!!! You all are the BEST!!! I'm so blessed!!

Sami~ Sorry for the weight gain! And believe me I totally understand the Dr saying LOSE WEIGHT!!! {{{{HUGS}}}} I have never tried Meridia. Does it help? My insurance won't pay for ANYTHING that has to do with weight loss. And I don't understand that since I would be SO MUCH healthier. YOU hang in there!!! I'm here for you always!!!!

Zoe~ Good luck with weigh in and your house.

Wilma~ -30 degrees!!! I knew there was a reason I lived in the south!! Doesn't it feel great when someone says something nice like the uniform lady did? Good luck with losing more before March. I KNOW you can do it!!!

Sue~ It's too cold there!!! We used to have frozen water in our old house. It's no fun, but I learned to boil water on the stove. Hope Gary sends you some sunshine and maybe it will warm up everything. And you are right about insurance companies. It's really aggravates me. But what can I do? I'm still thinking about writing Oprah and Richard Simmons. LOL

Michele~ Yes I did feel better after the Lasix but it still didn't get all the extra fluid off but I'm still working on that. I was able to get some exercise in Running back and forth after taking the lasix. LOL So glad that your Mom did well through the surgery!!! She will be seeing everything new! Good luck with the bowling!! I have always enjoyed bowling but it's a little hard these days. As far as the drain thing, if you can take off the drain and check and see if there is hair or anything down in the trap, if not though you might have to call someone. Good for you reading that Bible. I plan to do a little more of that myself today. It sure makes me feel better!!!

Catherine~ Good luck with the TOPS. They can be a great bunch!!! If we face facts, "Without HIM we can do nothing" really applies to EVERYTHING!!! I am a home health nurse too!!! Wow! I love it!! Do you? To help get my water in I freeze one liter bottles of water and grab one as I'm going out the door in the mornings and get another at lunch, if I don't take unfrozen with me, since it's been so cold. My schedule is so that I am able to come back in at lunch nearly all the time. I only work one county now compared to FIVE like I used to work. That ended up being 12 hour days. NOT anymore! I never saw my family and was exhausted all the time. What kind of shakes are you drinking? Slim-fast? Good luck with the exercising!

Joanne~Windchill -27!!! Yikes!!! Glad to hear that Spunky and Bart are doing well. Won't Bart tell you when the blessed event is due? Shame on him? And you would think that Spunky could remember. Congratulations on the 4.4lbs!!!! Wow!! I think that makes you the Big Loser this week!!! So sorry about the church thing! That is truly a shame but you know God has something much better for you. Hang in there!!!

Gary~ Glad to know you checked out "normal". What originally messed up my liver was when I first started having problems with my back and it got inflammed they had me taking 3200 mg of Ibuprofen a day!!!! Then I was taking Avandia (diabetes) and Lipitor (high cholesterol) plus Sinus Tylenol (sinuses/allergies). All together did it in. I kept asking the Drs about it back then but they kept telling me it was ok. But I knew better, but needed pain relief. GRRRR! Ya know?

Teaki, Amy, Lori, Jennifer, Everyone else???? I hope EVERYONE has a GREAT weekend!!!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday morning everyone....(I think it's still morning, right?? )

I just got in from WW and going to the new house. My good friend Tracy (we go to WW together on Saturday mornings) wanted to see it. She just couldn't wait....so we rode over there. I wasn't really having second thoughts but now that the mortgage stuff is done and we're ready to do, I thought maybe I should look around some more.....but after going with Tracy today, I really love the house.....I'm sticking with it.

As for WI, it was GREAT!! Anyone remember my goal of being 158 by vacation?? Well, vacation is 2 weeks from today and today I lost 3.4 lbs for a total of 38.8. I am only 2.4 from my vacation goal and I really think I can do that in 2 weeks. Oh, and I'm only about 12 lbs from goal. Of course, vacation may throw me off somewhat but you know, I really think that I eat differently now so even if I gain 'some', it won't be as bad as if it were a year ago.

Hi to everyone. I have a MILLION things to do so I'll say adios and talk to y'all later.

Patti and Zoe <><

Last edited by Zoe; 01-25-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2003, 01:54 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink SATURDAY

HAPPY SATURDAY

I see from the posts that some are doing fine and others are not. Isn't it nice that good or bad the Lord has placed people in our lives in various ways (the internet) to help us through this life.

I am great today!! My Raiders #1 team and my Tampa Bay #2 team are both in the SuperBowl tomorrow. That will probably never happen again. Although if the RAIDERS don't win I will be BUMMING big time. The weather here is in the 70's, I am only a 45 minute drive from the game-- alot of things happening around here with the pre-game festivities.

SHERRY -I think there is a big difference between denial and being lost on how to resolve the problem, or finding it too difficult on our own. I always knew I should stop smoking-- I tried but found it too difficult. I wasn't in denial-- I just didn't have the strength to quit. When I did finally quit I realized that I had the strength all along--I just didn't want to sacrifice the pleasure I was getting out of it. I am not sure of your reason for the weight -- if it is a medical problem or an addiction-- it really doesn't matter how you got in this situation. What matters is if their is something YOU can do about it. If the doctor says quit your job and lose weight-- do it!!-- if you can. The Lord always gives us ways. You say you have to do what is best for your daughters-- WELL LADY-- the best thing for them is to have their mom HEALTHY--- Whatever it takes the good Lord will give you strength to accomplish the goal. It may take alot more effort than you ever knew you had. If it is a medical problem that you could not possibly fix on your own-- Keep trusting as you have in HIM-- MY prayers are with you and your family.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #6  

Angry Saturday #2

Hello again!!!

I am having a lazy with the family which is exactly what the Dr ordered me to do this weekend. I haven't done much but watch a few cartoons with the little DD and a western with the hubby and play a little on the muter. I have missed this laziness that is good quality time with the family.

Gary~ Thanks for your concern and prayers. Yes, I realize the decision isn't all THAT hard but it is still a hard move to make. I do need the money so I will wait until I am able to get the second opinion on the quitting work and getting disability from the other cardiologist before I quit. I work for a pretty good company and I would hate to lose my senority and time and tif the other DR say something different. Good jobs for people with health problems and overweight are hard to come by. But thanks for caring. I bet you are hyper about the game tomorrow!! Good luck, may YOUR best team win!!!!

Zoe~ Caongratulations on the 3.4lbs!!!! That's so good!!! You will definitely make your goals! You go girl!!

Well, will go for now and maybe take a nap. MAYBE I could get used to this life.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:43 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry I'M BACK

I had to take a shower and dress in good clothes before the wife came home. We are going to her family's for her brother's 40 birthday.

SHERRY I didn't mean it wasn't a hard decision-- I just meant that we have the strength in us-- it's just finding it--Of course it's hard-- if it wasn't we sure wouldn't be in the messes we get ourselves into Enjoy the easy week-end.

ZOE That's the way!! Keep on keepin' on with the weight girl-- OUR HERO!!! You will have a great life in your new house-- I can sense it already-- just like Wilma is having in hers.

MITCHYPOO Did you get that drain fixed? My plumber just called to tell me he will try and get by next week to replace the copper under my house. Thank goodness I fixed the leak already!! There is no book better than the Bible for comfort is there. Reading sure helps us through life-- also the fellowship with other christians.

JOANNE How in the world do you live in that cold? I just looked at the the weather here and it has creeped up to 80!! I am sending you some sunshine too-- all you that need it. What a great story for your neice and daughter-- you will catch up soon-- I just know it.
We are ALL sinners. God says sin is sin and that is it-- we put different degrees on it based on what we feel. We all make mistakes-- we are all forgiven through belief in Christ-- I wouldn't want to stay in a church that felt the way yours does. I agree with the others that you will find a great blessing in the long run ! If you divorced against the wishes of God-- have repented and wish that you would not have done it-- IT IS OVER-- He lets us go forward in Christ. If you had biblical grounds then you have nothing to be sorry for anyway-- either way God does not see the sin anymore.

SUE I hope this finds you WARM

WILMA--SAMI-- and all the others have a great day--

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love-Gary
Old 01-25-2003, 06:12 PM   #8  

Thumbs down Hi there!

Thanks so much EZ I got my shades on ha ha ha! Actually temp climbed to a record. 25 bove. This again is a quicky. I helped with a teen sleepover from church last night and got about 3 and 1/2 hours sleep. I have to work nights tonight. So, I need a nap.
Sherry- hope you find the right solution, but don't put yourself in risk, find a second opinion quickly. We all know it is easier said then done, but we have faith!! Keep us posted.
E.Z. Thanks good try, it is several degrees warmer, I will be rooting for the bucaneers (East Coast thing)
Zoe congrats on the loss, your almost there. Wayt o go.
Mitchy- I agree i get so much reward out of ready the bible. I try to do devotions everyday
Joanne Keep us posted on how church goes this Sunday, I unfortunately will be sleeping tom, and won't attend church this week, I hate to miss, especially when I didn't make prayer meeting either. But gotta work nights tom. night so gotta sleep! Hi to all I missed gotta run! Luv Ya's
Old 01-25-2003, 08:04 PM   #9  

Hi everyone on my computer screen! Hugs to each of you.
THANKS for all your encouraging words!
You've no idea how comforting its been reading them.
God Bless you!

Love Southern Ontario Joanne
Walking to God right along with each of you!!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 12:32 PM   #10  

Angry Sunday morning

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Well, I am gradually getting back to my old self. I have lost 6lbs of fluid in two days from just resting, no lasix. I guess the Dr was right. Anyway, all I'm have been doing is resting but I have to go get a few groceries today, we are out of everything. I have to get this weight off and there's no time like the present. LOL

Joanne~ It's good to see you checking in too. Hope the farm is doing well today.

Sue~Thanks for your kind words. I am not jumping into anything quickly. And I should know tomorrow when I can see the other cardiologist.

Gary~ Thanks for your support always. You're a good friend.

Hope EVERYONE has a GOOD day! Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement. Those of you MIA post when you can.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:26 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry SUPER SUNDAY

WELL Superbowl is over and my #1 team the Raiders got whipped up bad by my #2 team the Bucs-- oh well, life-- the important things go on.

Take care of yourselves--Love Gary
Old 01-27-2003, 07:06 AM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

But Gary, at least you can still say "my team won". How many people can still say that now?

sorry anyway.......

In Christ,
Me <><
Old 01-27-2003, 08:49 AM   #13  

Red face Monday morning

Good Morning EVERYONE!!!

Well, I'm up and trying to get ready for the day. I am going to try to go back to work today but with a light schedule. I'm only scheduled to see 5 patients or less if I start having problems. My boss has been really understanding about it all and told me to just call her if I have problems. I'm just going to take one day at a time and see what each day brings. I am pretty weak. But God is good and He will get me through all this.

Gary~ Hey both your teams won actually. Just your very favorite came in second, ya know? My DD (15) was glued to the tv. My Dh and I and DD (5) went and got groceries. We're really not true football fans. Sorry Gary.

Zoe~ Glad to see you checking in. Have a good day!

Hope everyone has a good day!!! OP!!! Drink all your water!!! Take a walk! Just get up and move. You can do it!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:09 PM   #14  

Angry Hi ya!

Sorry E.Z. but Iwas happy to see the bucs win, the raiders have been there before, and I had to root for the underdog. Sherry take it easy on going back to work, did you get an apt. with the cardiologist for the second opinion, still in my prayers Hi to everyone else, hope your doing good. Blessings Sue
Old 01-27-2003, 09:13 PM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend and start to this week. I maintained my weight again. I would probably lose if I'd stay away from the ice cream. for some reason it keeps calling my name.

Gary: I hope you enjoyed watching the game. How many times will you be able to watch 2 of your favorite teams play against each other.

Mrshummer: Please take it easy. We want to see you healthy.

Gutchie: I'm so sorry to hear about your church situation. I believe in forgiveness and it should first come from your church family. Sometimes church's get so stuck in their traditions that they don't see the people. I hope you find a church that will feed you spiritually.

doitforme: I remember the days of the sleepover. I'm getting too old for that and need my sleep. Hope you've had a chance to recover!

mitchypoo: Isn't it neat when we see the answer to what we're seeking in God's word. It's a reminder to me to go there first!

Hello to everyone else!
Closed Thread