Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 05:25 PM   #31  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wilma, thanks for the idea to take a salad with me, i'm going to try that tomorrow so I don't have to wait until 3 pm to have lunch.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #32  

Angry Thursday morning

How is EVERYONE this morning?

I am feeling fair this morning, a little tired. I have my babysitting problem worked out for Monday, etc... I have arranged it so that if for some reason I have to stay over that the person keeping them can keep them for a day or two. That is a relief off me. I'm taking a bag "just in case" since I have no idea what the Dr might say.

Michele~Salads are a great meal anytime. Hope your carb eating improves today. After all it's a new day! A new beginning.

Wilma~ Sorry it's so cold there. I think you need to consider moving. Good for you reducing your portion of ice cream and eating an orange instead. Good step forward. I'm told if we were getting enough exercise we wouldn't be so lethargic. So, with that in mind, maybe take a walk. Definitely in a mall or something NOT skating or skiing outside.

Joanne~ Snow, huh? Well, I love snow if I could have it without the cold temps. Can you imagine how it would be with shorts and sandals playing in the snow. LOL Maybe not. Thanks for your wonderful emails.

Sue~ Hope that sunshine gets there soon! Maybe by the weekend. That would be a welcome change.

Sami~ So good to hear from you!!! We have missed you!! Our prayers are with you and your sweet daughter today. God is in control. God is the great physician. Think and remember good thoughts. Hopefully you can check in regularly next week while you are helping your dd recover. Let us know how things go my friend.

Gary~ Hope everything is going well for you. Oh, BTW, can you come here and do some carpentry work for me? I have several projects I would love to have done.

Catherine~ Thanks for the reminder that different Drs think differently. It's a second opinion but also I am very unhappy with my present cardiologist. When I was in there in Nov I managed to get the last appt for the day and I went in with a 8# wt gain in 2 days, dizziness, palpitations, chest pain, etc... She had already done all my testing and knew my problems at that time. Then later while seeing my primary Dr he let me read her report and she put in there that I denied all those symptoms and that I needed a gastric bypass, etc...... follow up in 6 months. She did not listen to anything I said. She just concentrated on the weight issue plus she was trying to leave for the day. And I can't see any other cardiologist around here because they are all in the same practice and refuse for a person to change Drs within the practice. GRRR!
But my primary Dr when told all that Friday told me that he would not refer me back to her anymore that I needed someone that would be aggressive with my condition and help me instead of just making my weight the issue. Does that make sense? My primary told me my condition Friday was very serious because my body wasn't able to compensate now and I needed some type of help. Period.

Hope everyone has a good day!!! It's so very wonderful to see the thread as busy as it is!!! Keep up the good work!!! Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement. God has surely blessed me.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:51 PM   #33  

First time in a week that I get some computer time. It's been so busy and lots and lots of freeway miles, back and forth to hospital to see Chris. She was doing so well they sent her home on Sat only 4 days after hip replacement... WOW. So when ever I'm not working I'm trying to help her. Thanks for you prayers, I can't believe how strong and mobile she is... being only 28 yrs old has a lot to do with it!!!

Her husband ( my son) is trying to do his best in looking after her, thank God I taught him to cook and clean when he was young. he's still unemployed but looking for a job close to home, starting in a couple of weeks would be good.

Have to go as my lady is on the move again!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 06:05 PM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry HUMPDAY

HI LADIES--

How is everyone today? I got home from work a little early-- the nephew had a fever this a.m. of 102.4 , so I had his mom come and get him. She should be returning him soon as she works tonight. Poor little guy-- he has always missed alot of school because of his situation-- with me he didn't miss any this semester and he was looking forward to perfect attendance for the whole school year. He was even going to get to wrestle today against another school.

SHERRY I certainly hope that if you have to stay a day or two that you find a way to have some fun if you know what I mean-- away from the kiddos and all. I am so fortunate-- my doctor takes care of my entire family and many friends-- he is one of the few lately that really seems to care --AND EXPRESSES-- it. I know it must be difficult for many the way the system is structured--my BIL is a surgeon and MONEY is always the issue!! I hope the new dr. is just what the dr. ordered

TEAKI So glad to hear your DIL is doing well-- Oh, to be 28 again. I hope your son finds a great job close to home.

MITCHYPOO My wife takes alot of salads-- me too-- to work. Alot of times I throw canned salmon or tuna in it, or lean lunchmeat for protein-- and to just vary it a little. Also cottage cheese with fruit in it is good. We get the frozen fruit pieces at the store and just toss them in whenever we want. Good luck!

SUE Hey I am with you on the coffee-- my truck won't start without it in the morning, let alone my body. However I drink way too much of it. I am really trying hard to drink more water and Gatorade-- the Ice kind. I sure do hope you have a great week-end of weather.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:29 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down Back Again

Just got a call from my nephews mom and she said she just got home from dr.-- just what we thought-- the 'ol flu. She will bring him by here later on.

SAMI I hope all went well with your daughter today-- you have really had a tough few months. Hang in there I am sure it is all about to turn around for you Enjoy the week off with your daughter as much as you can.

WILMA-- Hey what about frozen yougurt-- as if you have never heard of it I rarely eat sweet things but to be honest about 6 years ago I got ADDICTED to Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia-- I started off at a pint a week and built up to a pint a night--OUCH!!-- after gaining weight-- which I had never done before-- my wife refused to get me ice cream and eased me off the JUNK with frozen yougurt Ben and Jerry's-- it wasn't the same but I got used to it and it didn't hurt to have less calories-- haven't touched the stuff in over 5 years, I'm clean

JOANNE You gotta be kidding me HOCKEY? over football-- no way! Well at least for me anyway-- I try to follow it-- we even go to the local minor league teams games here once or twice a year-- I just don't get it. I am a little-- O.K. alot slow though. I hope you end up in a great church this week-end. I know you will find it soon. Enjoy the snow-- too much weather for this native Californian.

ZOE How is the new home plans coming along? I know you have lost more weight since you last posted-- don't blow away in those heavy winds

Well checkin out the fridge for dinner-- the wife is working late at the school tonight.
Have a great Friday-- IN HIS CARE, Gary
Old 01-30-2003, 07:12 PM   #36  

I just have a minute to pop in and let you know My DD is doing great! They took her back to the OR room and they said she just talked and talked. She did have some extra bleeding afterward but I know all the prayers were working we sat her up and put ice packs on and I talked her into eating a popsickle and that helped. So we are home and she stayed up for a long time and ate more ice cream. Thank you for all your prayers!
EZ-we have the flu epidemic around here. I can't tell you how many people have called into work. And my DD basketball game was cancelled because half the school was out with the flu! (all 6 of my kids had it over Christmas)
Zoe-I will be off work for the next week and I am going to spend part of each day in prayer asking the Lord to make my spirit and heart work together on the weight loss thing. We think we turn it over to the Lord but after reading you post I relized I am still hanging on to it. So pray that in my quite time with the Lord I am able to let it go.
Wilma-It was a nice day here today but watch out! I hear we are in for another winter blast.
Teaki_Praise God that Chris is doing so well. I am lifting you and your family up in prayer for your sons Job and fast.......recovery for Chris. And of course for you that you don't wear yourself out.
Sherry-My prayers are with you. I am so happy you are getting a second opinion. I am really strong on taking control of your own health. I went through a lot a couple year ago and I even had a Dr tell me there was nothing wrong with me. I went to another Dr and they had hear about a condition that she though sounded like me and guess what she was right. After surgery I was 100% better and they did a biopsey and I did have what she thought. I am lifting you in prayer!((((hugs))))

To all others my prayer for an OP day are with you!
Sami
Old 01-31-2003, 07:44 AM   #37  

Angry Friday morning

Good Morning EVERYONE!!!

Can't stay but just a moment but wanted to check in. I have a super busy day today and with God's strength I will make it through and be able to see all my patients. I'm off the weekend so I can rest then and I will probably need all of it.

Sami~ So glad to hear your DD is doing well!!! Sounds like she did fine. Our prayers continue to come for her healing and feeling better. Thanks for your encouragement. Keep in touch. \\

Gary~ Hope this finds your nephew feeling better. I have a primary Dr that cares too thank goodness or I wouldn't be making the trip to Lubbock. My primary I have known about 12-13 years and have even worked "with" him in ER so we know each other pretty well. I thank God totally for him and him wanted to see me get the help I need.

Teaki~ Glad to hear Chris made it through the surgery well and is improving. It's good for the hubby to have to take care of us every now and then. He will do fine. And so will she.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Friday and weekend!!!!!! I'll probably won't see you again today but I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:46 AM   #38  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Finally Friday!

Actually, the week has flown by but I'm looking forward to being able to sleep in tomorrow! I really enjoy my new job. The people are great but there are stresses there that really tire me out. Once I know what I'm doing the stress won't be that great. Sometimes I think it's those stresses that drive me to the dreaded ice cream. I know I should be going to the Lord instead.
I am going to start doing the exercises each morning and see if that gives me more energy. I'm sure it will!

Sami: I'm so glad your daughter is going to be okay and that she's in good spirits so soon after surgery. I am also praying for you in your weight loss struggles. Sometimes it's so hard isn't it? Please know that we are here for you.

Gary: Frozen yogurt! What a great idea! I think I just need to stay away from it totally but I like the idea of having options. (At first I thought you were making a comment about our weather. ) Glad your nephew is going to be okay. It hard to see the kids sick.

teaki: I'm glad your DIL is doing so well and that your son is being so caring. He must have a great mom!!

mrshummer: Hope all is going well with your day!

Hello to anyone I've missed. I have to go get ready for work.

Have a super day!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:17 AM   #39  

Angry Hi Guys

Hi there, I got the weekend off too, yippee, I can go to church on Sunday, missed it last week and missed prayer meeting. I hate that when it happens. Gutchie keep your chin up, might be the stress of finding a new church. I like hockey too, I use to date a guy who played for cote st. Luc, in Canada. I haven't been to many games lately, but they are fun.
Wilma- I am right there with e.z. frozen yogurt is awesome, it can take the place of the ice cream and have alot fewer cal. I am right there with ya and the cold but I think the sunshine that Mrs. Hummer and e.z. sent is finally arriving, it is up to freezing, which is nice compaired to what its been
Sami- and- Teaki I am so glad to hear that DD/Dil are both doing great, as to flu, I didn't have that but I had what they thought was the norwalk virus, Me and the toilet became good bubbies, nasty virus. Feel bad for your nephew E.Z. just when things were going better for him, where he actually wanted to go to school, he is blessed to have a caring family around him, that was willing to take him in, so He didn't end up in an alternate location.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:22 AM   #40  

Angry Continued-

I drink to much coffee, but try to limit it to morning time rarely in afternoon, or evening. unless out to dinner or something, then try to make it decafe.
Mrs. Hummer, you take it easy try to enjoy your weekend away, may you recieve a better second opinion. I hear ya about doctors. Actually nurse who does b.p. and stuff before Dr. comes in. They assume because of my weight I must have high blood pressure they pump the cuff up to 200 and my blood pressure has never been high. But anyway remember we are praying for you, and trust wou will recieve an answer. God Bless everyone have an awesome weekend.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:34 AM   #41  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning friends ~

Just got home from my WW meeting and my WI ~ The news is awful this morning here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas. The space shuttle was seen here and seen explode. An awful, dreadful day for the astronauts, their families and the country. We surely will keep them all in our prayers.

On a more upbeat note, my loss this week was 1.4 lbs for a total of 40.2 in 6 months.

God be with you and bless you all.

In Christ's love,
Zoe <><
Soaking up the "SON" in Dallas/Fort Worth
Old 02-01-2003, 01:05 PM   #42  

Angry Saturday morning

Good Morning Everyone!!!

It seems awfully quite here today after all the activity that's been going on this week. I am resting again today after having a really bad day yesterday. I had to push myself all day to get all my patients done. And I'm still worn out. But am feeling a little better as the day goes on.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good weekend.

Last edited by mrshummer; 02-01-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:14 PM   #43  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Zoe, wow and woo hoo on your weight loss!

Sad day........i'll just keep praying.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:17 PM   #44  

Default continued

Our hearts are heavy this morning after the explosion of the shuttle, Columbia. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those aboard, their families and friends and our nation following this horrible tragedy. Please continue to lift these up in prayer and ask God to prevail over this.

Hope this makes it to the board as I'm had some trouble with either this site or my 'muter, my last post didn't post.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:20 PM   #45  

Well, now my post is there. It came back from cyberland. Hello Michele and Zoe - Congratulations Zoe on your loss!!!! Have a good weekend!

Cya soon.
Closed Thread