Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #76  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I wonder how many calories I burn while working in the kitchen? I spent about 3.5 hours on my feet with doing dishes, making dinner, making bread and cinnamon rolls and the savory mini pies for lunches tomorrow. Of course, the kitchen is a wreck again, but i'll wash up those dishes tomorrow - my treat to myself with my mother in law gone.

My app says that it burns 760 calories, but isn't that part of the "low active" lifestyle I say I have? So confusing, so I never count the long hours of working in the kitchen and just say that I am a bit more active than being sedentary.

The sedentary lifestyle and low active lifestyle is a difference of 600 calories a day. I think leaving it as low active is better.

When I just did that I realized that to lose 2 lbs a week at my current weight, it says I could only consume 790 a calories a day (not counting exercise). Eek! I changed that right quick as if I see something that low, it will discourage me!

Edited to correct the stupid autocorrect mistakes my iPad makes.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-07-2011 at 10:00 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Still 210 lbs today

1404 calories which is 97 under my my Wednesday goal of 1501

Two hours of yard work before it started raining.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #78  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

…..enters the thread shortly after Vix, doing cartwheels over all the glitter, confetti, bits of streamers, dust, and CALORIES I’ve consumed in 6 days!
Did I say cartwheels? HA!!
You all let me know when you see this humpty dumpty feeling, wannabe back on plan so bad it is killing me, water weight gain though the ROOF, over-calorie consumption nurse manage even one cartwheel in my present state!

HELLO Everyone!!!

Rarely do I say this, but I AM THRILLED TO BE AT HOME!!!
After leaving Gilligan’s Island, going to my parent’s house for a nite, we ended up at SimpliciTy
SimpliciTy is our getaway spot in Arkansas, on the Spring River! DH and I have 1.4 shaded acres, completely riverside!
We have been working on getting the land paid off before we build a cabin on it, but who knows when that will be! We have an RV on it though, with water and electric, and it’s really nice to go for a few days and get out of the busyness of the city!
I’ll tell you, I had a great time with the fam and all, but gosh, I’m so glad to be home! There is only so much of my parents I can take, if you know what I mean.
I have been off plan since I gained last week and there is NO WAY I’m stepping on that scale to record a weight on Friday! I have seriously eaten so many I think I may turn into one!

I am going on a cruise in October with my mom and dad for a week. I hope I can regroup before then—emotionally and eating-wise!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 146.8
Down: 2.4 pounds

K9 I know that feeling. You just have to get back on track. I planned to have 4 off plan days for Labor Day. I started feeling so full and bloated that I decided to stop with the off plan eating. I lasted for 3 days. My weight had also gotten to the top of my maintenance range. I didn't like that either.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #80  
Melissa

We're going to float away in an ark soon.

Tuesday: 1.83 inches of rain.
Wednesday: can't find an accurate source but 4.8 by 1:30 pm and rained more (all day more), so I'm thinking it has to be about 6-7" for yesterday and could be more.
Thursday (since midnight): 1.5 inches of rain and it's still raining.

This is double what we got from Irene. We just don't have the winds to go with it.

Since my mother in law has left we have had two hurricanes, an earthquake and the plague in the house. Last time she was away for two weeks the plague hit the house. Does that mean she can never leave???? This is so unfair!!!

And up .2 on the scale.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #81  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Ugh, these construction guys are driving me mad! Every time they hit the road to bust it up my house shakes. My dog is going crazy and already we've had to ask if we could get our cars out of the driveway...they didn't even give us a chance to take the kids to school. Now I'm parked on a different street and their giant truck is in my driveway...how nice of DH to offer it to them. We are the only ones who can fit that monster in their driveway. LOL bet the neighbors hate us. Parking is at a premium on this street and our drive can fit 7 cars easily.

Anyway none of that has to do with weight loss except now I have to walk a block to my car I did not sleep a wink last night. I'm having a terrible time with Bruxism and my brain won't shut down again. I hate when I can't stop over thinking every little matter. To top it off, I only ate 500 calories yesterday, it's been like this for a week now. DH was a bit upset I didn't eat his dinner, bluck it was gross. I couldn't even look at it. I'm thinking this anti-anxiety med is not doing it's job!

And already I've had a crying fit this morning. A friend of DH's posted crap on Facebook and like an idiot I read it. Now I'm a hysterical monkey screaming "why?" Poor DH having no idea what to do. It's gonna be tough this week. I might just shut down earlier than planned so I don't see anymore unwanted things. I don't think my poor heart can take it On the bright side I'm not eating due to emotions... Something has to be bright, right?

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. Keep smiling
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #82  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

k9 - I am so glad you are happy in your surroundings, yet still had a great time OP for a bit, but back on target is a great thing... you got a rest, but you also know how to pull it back around

mamakat - I am so sorry your emotions are toying with you so bad and getting in the way of your sleep. Not being able to sleep, almost seems like an amplifier to those emotions in the day too. Hopefully that will improve real fast for you. OMG, a big truck and you can't park your car in the drive cause of it...that's hilarious! Sounds like something my DH would do to "make their job easier"...men are so funny!!

Scale went down again, I am tickled about that. Not able to do the exercise thing right now due to medical issues and TOM misery...but hoping in another couple days I will be able to pick it back up. That is my stress relief... so for the sake of other people's survival, I hope nothing huge comes up until I CAN exercise again, LOL!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

ItsMyTurn Congrats on your weigh in. Sorry about the TTOM misery. Mine should be showing up soon with tons of baggage to boot!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

So, I don't know what to say. It's been a pretty bad week. Foods been all over the place. Not always a lot of food, but a lot of bad food (pizza, wings, hot dogs, chips, mac and cheese) I didn't track 2 days because I was travelling. And now, perhaps because of all this, perhaps not, I've got a headache going on day two. I never have headaches.

I've been trying to reel myself back in. Surprisingly, I didn't do too bad yesterday. I had an incredible craving for mashed potatoes. I generally put them in the "bad" food category, but I managed to have some without going nuts on calories for the day. I'm going to a dinner meeting tonight, so that's another obstacle. I don't even want to go, but feel like I have to. Gah, what a funk.

And to top it off, it won't stop raining. That's not doing much for my mood, although I realize that I'm lucky that it's only my mood and not my property or life that's being affected.

Where'd that motivation I was feeling a couple weeks ago go? I want that back.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #85  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
So, I don't know what to say. It's been a pretty bad week. Foods been all over the place. Not always a lot of food, but a lot of bad food (pizza, wings, hot dogs, chips, mac and cheese) I didn't track 2 days because I was travelling. And now, perhaps because of all this, perhaps not, I've got a headache going on day two. I never have headaches.

I've been trying to reel myself back in. Surprisingly, I didn't do too bad yesterday. I had an incredible craving for mashed potatoes. I generally put them in the "bad" food category, but I managed to have some without going nuts on calories for the day. I'm going to a dinner meeting tonight, so that's another obstacle. I don't even want to go, but feel like I have to. Gah, what a funk.

And to top it off, it won't stop raining. That's not doing much for my mood, although I realize that I'm lucky that it's only my mood and not my property or life that's being affected.

Where'd that motivation I was feeling a couple weeks ago go? I want that back.
Sorry it's been rough. And yes, where does that motivation go? Why does it fade in and out? that's the hardest part - keeping that constant vigil/persistence.

Hope the day gets better.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #86  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Scale went down again, I am tickled about that. Not able to do the exercise thing right now due to medical issues and TOM misery...but hoping in another couple days I will be able to pick it back up. That is my stress relief... so for the sake of other people's survival, I hope nothing huge comes up until I CAN exercise again, LOL!
it's hard when life/pain intervenes with our plans, but you are doing great and should be very proud of that. Hold onto that as you weather through TTOM. Hormones got to me this past month too. Even when you KNOW it's hormones, doesn't mean you can control the Urgh.... feelings.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #87  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

On Plan! Working the next two nights. I have to stay on plan, weigh day is Monday.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #88  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

Ugh, these construction guys are driving me mad! Every time they hit the road to bust it up my house shakes. My dog is going crazy and already we've had to ask if we could get our cars out of the driveway...they didn't even give us a chance to take the kids to school. Now I'm parked on a different street and their giant truck is in my driveway...how nice of DH to offer it to them. We are the only ones who can fit that monster in their driveway. LOL bet the neighbors hate us. Parking is at a premium on this street and our drive can fit 7 cars easily.

Anyway none of that has to do with weight loss except now I have to walk a block to my car I did not sleep a wink last night. I'm having a terrible time with Bruxism and my brain won't shut down again. I hate when I can't stop over thinking every little matter. To top it off, I only ate 500 calories yesterday, it's been like this for a week now. DH was a bit upset I didn't eat his dinner, bluck it was gross. I couldn't even look at it. I'm thinking this anti-anxiety med is not doing it's job!

And already I've had a crying fit this morning. A friend of DH's posted crap on Facebook and like an idiot I read it. Now I'm a hysterical monkey screaming "why?" Poor DH having no idea what to do. It's gonna be tough this week. I might just shut down earlier than planned so I don't see anymore unwanted things. I don't think my poor heart can take it On the bright side I'm not eating due to emotions... Something has to be bright, right?

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. Keep smiling
Yes, I think the new meds are causing more problems than solving and lack of sleep can't help with anything - that and too little food. Though, you did take a nap yesterday afternoon which probably didn't help with the sleep last night. I hate that about naps. Obviously if we nap, we need the sleep, so why does it mess up so much at night! Grrr...

Hope today's a better day.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #89  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all!

Down .4 this morning to 189.6 Glad to be back in my routine! Although I'm not getting enough sleep. I need to buy some 8 hour videotapes for the VCR I use to record my camera's feed.

Massive amounts of school work to get done this week as well. Definitely feeling the pressure of the load this week. Have my clothes and going to try to get a run in after work. I think that will really help.

Missing you guys and feeling bad that I can't do personals. Life has gotten so busy for me. I am focused and I am on plan today!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #90  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry I'm thankful for that nap and the one I just had. I'm amzed anyone can nap with those potty mouthed men outside. I'm gonna go for a walk. I'm gonna walk to the boardwalk then walk the board walk and then come home. I'm just not in the mood for biking. AND if I'm tired tonight, I will not nap
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote