Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #31  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Still I'm sorry the thyroid problem is taking so long to get under control. it is amazing how one little hormone out of balance can throw everything off kilter!

mamakat Ah, the first day of school jitters. It's always a special day.

Diana You'll start dropping that water weight quickly and be back to your lower end maintenance range soon.

OK, the little guy got himself out of bed himself just before I needed to wake him up. Time to start the morning scramble of breakfast, getting lunches, etc.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Larry- good luck at the urologist. We'll be thinking of you.

The good news is that my doctor called Friday, and told me my TSH test results came back again at 48 (the first test was 54). That is very, very hypothyroid, which is where the hair loss, fatigue, and weight gain is coming from. So they doubled my meds, and in a week or two I should be feeling human again (and losing the extra weight!) I'm so excited- I've been really frustrated with my fatigue level especially.
Still, Thank you for the thought. I am glad to see the doctor has identified your thyroid problem and that it can be treated with medication. That is great!!

Larry

Last edited by Larry H; 09-06-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

Does Larry have a Dr's appointment today?
Diana, Yes it is with my Urologist at 2:30 this afternoon. The appointment is to discuss test results, diagnosis and the treatment plan.

So far I know the following:
(1.) I am having daily severe pain in the left kidney area.
(2.) I have a large stone in my left kidney that they have tried unsuccessfully to smash on four different occasions.
(3.) The doctor's office called me and said the cat scan showed "something on the right kidney" and they sent me immediately the following morning for a nuclear kidney function scan at the hospital.
(4.) The technician at the nuclear scan said my left kidney was atrophied and is not working.

My attitude remains very positive,
I woke up this morning. Every time I wake up I consider myself to be in good health"

I will post later today and let everyone know what the urologist tells me.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #34  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Larry I will be keeping you in my thoughts today. Please update as soon as you know something. Keep that positive attitude!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #35  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Larry I will be keeping you in my thoughts today. Please update as soon as you know something. Keep that positive attitude!
Dittoing Diana's post. Staying positive is the only way to go because where does feeling negative get you? Plus, answers are better than not knowing.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Berry- I am surprised I went through with it... surprised at myself. But now iit gives me even more reason to stick to a good eating plan. don't want to go through all this pain just to gain a belly back. My husband would kill me.
But, lemon pie sure does sound good.

Larry: I hope you have a productive doctors appointment today and they come up with a plan to get your kidneys functioning quickly and painlessly.

Mamakat: I love the sound of my family being constructive (or cooperative) in the mornings. But, my DH NEVER decides to workout!

Still: Hope those thyroid meds kick in quickly for you.

As for me I am off to the plastic surgeon today. I still have drains attached to my abdomen and am hopeful they'll be removed today. He is going to check all my incisions... hopefully all will be well.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #37  

Stacy, great to hear from you!!! Glad all is well with your surgery and hope your appt. goes well today. Can't wait to hear about your results! I was starting to wonder about you, glad you checked in.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #38  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Hey guys! I must admit that I have been avoiding 3fc because i am sooooo ashamed. I was doing so well then BOOM! Everything went downhill fast! It all started when one of my best friends and coworkers got diagnosed with lung cancer. I am having a real hard time dealing with it because cancer has killed a lot of my family, including my own father. It scares me to death.

A week after i found out about my coworker I went on vacation to Florida for a week and ate like a mad woman. Now that i'm back i just cant seem to get readjusted. However, today I started counting calories again and decided to give myself 30 days to weigh in. I hate that I keep failing...
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #39  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

MzJuicy welcome back, sorry about your co worker, cancer sux. I like to think of it as a challenge though. Better living better chances, or that's what I'm hoping
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #40  
Life is about balance

Good Morning Everyone,
Well it's officially staying at 50 pounds down so I have to make a call to the Gyno. I promised I'd call once I hit 50. I seriously just don't want to go which is absolutely stupid. Although she said she got all the dangerous cells out I'm still unsure what she'll say this year. I get antsy with it. But a promise is a promise and I've still got my ovaries to worry about. Blah I hate my family's genes. So I'm calling and making an appt as soon as I post, now that's accountability!

I hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #41  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJuicyD View Post
Hey guys! I must admit that I have been avoiding 3fc because i am sooooo ashamed. I was doing so well then BOOM! Everything went downhill fast! It all started when one of my best friends and coworkers got diagnosed with lung cancer. I am having a real hard time dealing with it because cancer has killed a lot of my family, including my own father. It scares me to death.

A week after i found out about my coworker I went on vacation to Florida for a week and ate like a mad woman. Now that i'm back i just cant seem to get readjusted. However, today I started counting calories again and decided to give myself 30 days to weigh in. I hate that I keep failing...
First, I'm sorry about your friend. It is so hard to watch the people around you struggle with something of that magnitude, but please, please, please don't think of yourself as a failure at this weight loss journey.

You have had 20 plus years of wrong messages about food. You, like most of us here, had an unhealthy relationship with food - food for comfort. Food for joy. And of course, have probably been fed the 'bad' foods since young childhood.

Unlearning all of that about food takes time and trial and error. That you keep getting up and brushing yourself off and trying again is a huge testament to your strength and determination. I hope you realize that. You will learn what works for you to help you stay on this path to better eating and living. It just takes time. And while many here seem to drop that weight so fast, we don't know the whole story and it's not the only way to take this journey. Getting healthier and fitter is all that matters and every right decision and every minute of exercise makes a positive difference. Internalize that and BELIEVE IT.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #42  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
Well it's officially staying at 50 pounds down so I have to make a call to the Gyno. I promised I'd call once I hit 50. I seriously just don't want to go which is absolutely stupid. Although she said she got all the dangerous cells out I'm still unsure what she'll say this year. I get antsy with it. But a promise is a promise and I've still got my ovaries to worry about. Blah I hate my family's genes. So I'm calling and making an appt as soon as I post, now that's accountability!

I hope you all have a great day.
Good for you... reminds me... I haven't had such a visit since my son's birth 6.5 years ago!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #43  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Berry- I am surprised I went through with it... surprised at myself. But now it gives me even more reason to stick to a good eating plan. don't want to go through all this pain just to gain a belly back. My husband would kill me.
I have told myself that if/when I have kept this weight off for 2-3 years and I still have major stomach and arm flab, I will talk to my husband about surgery. Well, that's if I am having problems with it self-esteem wise. Right now I'm majorly disappointed with my major bat wings. I HATE my arms. My stomach... man, it's such a lost cause with pregnancy stretch marks and flabby skin that I've gotten so used to it that it almost seems impossible it could be made better. But with clothes, you can't hardly notice. My arms though - they are there flapping away in every exercise class, and in short sleeved shirts and such. yuck. My arms look so much like my 78 year old grandmother's arms, just not wrinkly.

My entire body - Inner and outer thighs, boobs, upper arms, stomach, butt, hips, back of knees are full of stretch marks. Half of them are from growth spurts in my teens!

I hope you have before the surgery photos so you can compare to the after!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #44  
Life is about balance

Berry!!!!!!!!! Make an appt. Please.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #45  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Berry!!!!!!!!! Make an appt. Please.
I will, the years of neglecting my health are over. I just need to find a new doctor as mine sucks. And then to find a good gynecologist and a urologist and perhaps a physical therapist... good grief, I sound like I'm falling apart!