Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #136  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
I've never had curry either. I always thought it was spicy and I can't abide spicy things. I don't even like medium salsa.
Curry is spicy - how spicy depends on how much you use, but yes, hot spice.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #137  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

You can buy "mild" curry.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #138  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Managed to get a great workout in today. 52 mins on the treadmill for a little over a 5K of jogging and incline walking. It. Felt. AMAZING! I also got some stretching in tonight too. Not enough, my muscles are tightening up already. Gonna be sore tomorrow.

How's the water going, you ask? I don't know what is going on there either. I have drank SO MUCH today. Granted, I sweated a serious amount of it out tonight too but WOW! LOL

I was on plan AND exercised. Bring it, TOM!!!! LOL He's not even here yet and I've already got my boxing gloves on! LOL

Until manana all!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #139  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Curry you all can have ALL of that. Just the smell makes me gag and the taste I’ll pass. More for you!!

Ok so, I’m telling you all, I wish all of my days were like today! Completely OP!!

Tuesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Polaner AllFruit, FF Cheese Omelet, Peach 261
PB Oats, 1/4c Cashews 425
½ Powerbar 180
Total: 866
(dinner is pending)

Water: 120+ oz
610 How about I finally charged my Garmin and tabulated the actual mileage, and when I do the Harbor Town Bay Bridge (which is 2x/week), it’s 5.43 miles!!
This is a photo of it!

So, I hopped on the scale tonite when I got home b/c I've been urinating my bladder out literally, and I lost 1.4 lbs today--just in water!! A friend of mine on MFP suggested cranberry water for water weight, so I bought some cranberry tea to make. This is right up my alley!! She said it takes 1 cup (about 130 cals) of the unsweetened organic brand then add some water to it but 130 cals for me is almost 1/2 of a Powerbar. I like my food to much to drink it like that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baybridge.jpg (20.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-24-2011, 05:31 AM   #140  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

I am up early so I can get to my allergist appointment today. I also have an Endo appointment to go over my thyroid labs from last week. I will post later today about everything.

Sorry about the curry cravings, now.

Weigh In: 143.6
Down: .6 (same as the day before the soup!)

Berry Post about what you will be cooking. I would like to hear about it.

K9 Congrats on the completely OP day! I hope today is another good one for you!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:45 AM   #141  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! Weigh in at 173 this AM.

Well, I met my goals for yesterday. I tracked everything and I hit the gym. I'm planning on going back to the gym tonight.

Yay for making it through Day 1 of being back on track!

Thinking of you all affected by the earthquakes.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #142  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Diana: I am praying you find out once & for all the culprit source to your woes today (with the Endo as well).

Nikki: So glad to see that smile of yours back have a great OP day gf!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #143  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Good luck at the allergist and dr office

Nikki - Great job staying on plan! One day on is one day success!

As for me, got on the scale to find 2 Lbs gone this week
Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #144  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Diana3271 Good luck today with both appointments!

Nikki Nice to see you back and I sure hope they get those numbers regulated for you really soon. Fighting an uphill battle is no fun!

As for me, pizza one night followed by soy sauce infused stir fry last night has added 2 lbs of sodium weight. I did eat about 300 more calories yesterday than usually (was way hungry), but not 7000! LOL

My plan for today is to go to step class, finish mowing (about an hours worth) and in the evening do bodypump and make dinner in there somewhere.

Plan was to start with Indian food tonight, but probably not a good idea as our schedules are all wacko tonight.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #145  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! ALL 3 KIDS ARE AT SCHOOL! What do I want to do today?

Anyway I weighed at 164.4 this morning which I am a bit happier about then the 167 (yeah I know) that I had JUMPED to over night last weekend. This means I am .8 off my low and then I can start this journey again in the right direction. Good lord! No more pizza for me.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #146  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

DZachery - Great job on seeing the scale moving in the right direction!!! I am so happy for you!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #147  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Thanks I'm still a little disappointed that I lost almost a weeks worth of loss to a bowl of spaghetti and a slice of pizza. Jeeze.

So I calculated my breakfast and I am surprise how low the calorie count is. I am stuffed and it was only like 300 cal.

I had:

3 hardboiled egg whites
a pluot (plum/apricot)
1 4 oz cup of vanilla activia yogurt
Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #148  

Morning everyone!

Berry, I am having a sodium issue this morning too, but from fajitas last night. Up 2 pounds. Oh well, I know it's only water because I have been right on plan and they the fajita was worth it! You mentioned soy sauce, and I was wondering if you ever tried the amino whatchacallit that is supposed to taste like soy? I think you bought some back when we were talking about it? I would also be interested in what you are going to make while MIL is gone! I haven't made much Indian fare and wouldn't mind trying it.
Diana3271, mmmm, all this talk about curry, I haven't made that in a while. It is my DH favorite, he always orders curry chicken when we get chinese.

When I make it, I find if I use curry powder, I can't get it spicy enough for him (he likes medium spice). I have to use curry paste in order to get it spicy enough. Do you guys like yellow or green curry?

Mamakat, what an inspiration you are! I love that you just keep going even when others think you can't or shouldn't. I also appreciate your thread of humor that runs through your posts. And the good news is, this should be the last hurricane that is named after you, unless your last name is a common name too?

Sum, do you think it is actually the curry powder or the tumeric that is often in curry that lowers alzheimers rates? I am hearing a lot of great things about tumeric lately. Curry on salad, never thought of it, but I bet DH would love it!

ItsMyTurn, Wow, you have your hands full don't you? And you are rocking this weight loss too, by the way!!!

DZachary, glad you are almost back to your low. The little splurges always seem so worth it when you have them and then not so much for the next several days. Been there, done that many times. Wow, kids back in school already! We have two weeks yet. We are not ready yet. Still some shopping to do and organizing to do. Enjoy your day to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me, as I said above, I am up 2# on the scale, darn yummy fajitas. Kind of frustrating because I could have just stayed in my temporary maintenance and fluctuated like this. I expected a loss this week because I have really cut back on calories and upped the workouts. Maybe it is just the time of month Oh well, just have to keep plugging away. Did my hour walk this morning and I may try to get a few miles running in before I have to get ready for the day. Maybe I can sweat out some of this extra water

Have a good day all!

Last edited by jomatho; 08-24-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #149  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Jo my last name is so famous there's a whole store (clothing) with it I went in one day a few years back b/c I spilled on my shirt and still wanted to walk around the mall. I told the guy I get an added 10% as I am part of the company, showed him my license. Cracks me up, he had no idea what to do, theres no key for that kind of thing...aren't I mean? I of course am not affiliated with that company, but I sure would love to be. DH goes around telling people "lot of young ladies are walking around with my name on there behinds these days." Got to love famous names....so better than my Americanized Polish maiden name
Old 08-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #150  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

To all who get stuck on plateaus for a month or more, don't give up! This week my scale has been so nice to me. I think I can rest easily now as I don't believe I'll ever see 243 again. Gosh, what a stinking relief

I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I'm gonna take the day off from exercise because I am going shoe shopping for my DD. Last time it took us the entire day and like 8 stores. I was on my cane last time and in a lot of pain....Ha, I'm prepared for her today. She will not take me down! She can't we have maybe our last hike before school starts tomorrow and I'm not missing it. So shoe stores look out here we come!

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!
Closed Thread